4/12 Instance: Atta Girl

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

4/12 Instance: Atta Girl

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Timeline: Current, please.

Raya: Raya sat outside on the patio, playing a gentle, haunting melody through a reed instrument with a low and steady sound. She leaned her head back while she played, eyes closed and listening to the music.

Rogue: Rogue lay on her back on the roof, watching the stars, and just thinking. Taking some time to herself for a bit. She frowned when she heard music drift on the wind and lifted her head. It sounded like it was coming from the back of the house... Rogue stood and walked the roof to the back of the mansion and hopped down to the ground. "Hello?"

Raya: Raya looked over at the sound of someone hitting the ground, raising an eyebrow at the call. She stopped playing, putting the reed cover back on the tip as she looked for who the voice belonged to.

Rogue: Rogue stopped walking as the music stopped and frowned for a moment before she kept moving toward where it had come from. "Hello? Who's out here?"

Raya: "Um. Me?" Raya raised her eyebrows at the question. "Raya..." She felt a little foolish calling out her name to someone she couldn't see, but shrugged it off. "I'm on the patio...who are you?"

Rogue: "Oh! Hey!" Rogue finally made it to where she could see the patio and the person on it. "Whatcha doin' hun?"

Raya: "Oh, hey Rogue." Raya smiled from her chair, giving a little wave. "I'm just...winding down. Figured I'd play some music, I haven't in a long time."

Rogue: "Seems like a plan," she grinned and went over to sit next to her. "Ah was doin' tha same, only up on tha roof with no music."

Raya: Raya smiled, shaking her head. She had her veil pushed back, hair loose and blowing a little in the breeze. "Thinking about a few things."

Rogue: "Oh yeah? Mind sharin'?" Rogue glanced over at her before leaning back in the chair a bit

Raya: "Just random stuff..." She shrugged. "Classes, and people around the school. General gossip that's been floating around."

Rogue: "Oh yeah? I ain't been payin' much attention ta tha gossip grapevine lately. What's floatin' 'round now?"

Raya: "Stuff about the Friends of humanity group..." She paused. "Thinking about a couple people. Kyle said I looked hot, at Selene's birthday party," she said lightly, blushing only a little. "It was a costume party."

Rogue: "Yeah, Ah had wanted ta come, but Ah had ta work. Was it fun?" She smirked, "Well, Ah'd guess so from Kyle sayin' that."

Raya: "It was. There was some dancing, and cake, regular party things..." She smiled, thinking about it. "And some not-so-regular party things. I danced with the new guy...Mayhem. It was nice."

Rogue: "Oh yeah? He's real nice," she smiled. "Seems like a good kid. So guessin' ya like him then with tha way ya talkin' 'bout him?"

Raya: "I do, as a friend. I don't really know him all that well. but he said he'd do a tattoo on me, in henna. Like the one's he's got." She thought about that one, and was pondering asking him to do it somewhere other than just a hand or a foot. Maybe over her shoulder...

Rogue: "Well that's cool. He has some neat ones. An' henna's fun, f' sure." She let her head loll to the side a bit to look at Raya better, "So since ya blushed 'bout Kyle... Ya gettin' a crush on mah puppy?"

Raya: "Oh, no. Just thinking about some stuff he said. I've never really been called hot before. I just...find it kinda funny that we were talking about that, and then fell asleep on the couch in the rec room, after the party." She shook her head. "I...I try to stay away from having crushes."

Rogue: "Why? They're fun as hell." Rogue smirked at her. "C'mon. Ya cain't tell me that ya don't like a single boy, or girl even, that lives under this roof with us."

Raya: "I do, I like a lot of people." She stayed quiet, talking about liking people that lived here. "Just...not that way. Usually boys...um." She tugged on a part of her hair. "Want more than what I do."

Rogue: "Ok, so how 'bout ya tell me who ya like then an' we'll go from there? Is there any possibility y'all'd like gals?"

Raya: "Um. Not really." She wasn't really against the idea...just, it wasn't for her. Really. "I like a lot of people. Mayhem's really cute, and Ben is nice and everything. Um..." she bit her lip, thinking. "Remy's handsome too, but he doesn't date anyone."

Rogue: "An' Ben's taken. An', speakin' as someone who dated him, a lil too hyper. At least f' me. Kid needs meds'r somethin'." She grinned. "Well, ok, so we have one possibility. Mayhem. An' ya right. Rem' don't date anybody. An' likely won't f' a looong time. At least seriously. Who else?"

Raya: "Nah, Mayhem's not available. He says bachelor on his myspace." Raya chuckled at the hyper part, nodding in agreement. "I don't really know who else... I mean, Kyle's kissed me before, but nothing really serious. And no one else has really ever done anything."

Rogue: "Don't focus on who's done what. Focus on who ya think is cute. Looks wise. An' make sure their single." She grinned, "No addin' Sam ta that list."

Raya: "Sam..." Raya shrugged. She'd had a crush on him once, before he'd started dating Rogue. It had ended rather badly. "I don't really know. Who's dating who, I mean. I never really could tell who all the players were."

Rogue: "Ok, then tell me who ya like an' we'll start with sayin' if they're single'r taken."

Raya: "I don't, really. Not like, crushing on them." She shrugged lightly, braiding a tiny piece of hair over her ear. "The guy i met on Myspace was kinda cute...but I've never met him. Jason, um..."

Rogue: "Guy ya met on myspace? Ok, never go f' them. Most likely they're scum bags." She shrugged, "Ok, so then Ah cain't really help ya hun. If ya don't like anybody..." she shrugged again.

Raya: "We just talked a little, he said he used to go to the school. Shiro, I think his name was? I don't really remember." She went quiet for a minute, thinking. "I do like people, but I'm not the kind of girl people date. And I don't want to just...sleep around with people."

Rogue: "Ah, Shiro. Ok, well Ah know him. So he's not just some random skeeze who spammed ya." Rogue sighed, "Y'all need a good ol' fashioned game o' spin tha bottle."

Raya: Raya blushed at that idea, ducking her head. "I wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfortable, playing that."

Rogue: "Ok, an' there ya go with tha shy an' nervous stuff." Rogue sat up a bit and crossed her arms. "Gal, if ya want any boy on this planet ta notice ya, ya need ta be more confident in yaself."

Raya: She shook her head slowly. "I don't know how. I've never really been showy...and I didn't want to attract guys at home. And I didn't, I was always the shy one."

Rogue: "Ya don't hafta be showy. Just more confident in yaself. Ya a beautiful woman. Ya just need ta come outta ya shell an' have more fun."

Raya: "How?"

Rogue: "Well, first off, ya gotta stop that damned mantra in ya head 'bout not bein' tha kinda gal people date. That only makes ya self esteem worse. An' second, go get a bottle from tha kitchen an' take it inta tha rec room, suggestin' a game. Likely, hardly anybody'd turn ya down."

Raya: Raya only blinked. "Um. I think....isn't that a game to kiss people? I think it's for, um, party...kinda people, isn't it?" She'd heard about the games of spin the bottle and sex dice before.

Rogue: "Yes, it's a game ta kiss people. That's what opened me up more here. Why not give it a go? Cain't hurt."

Raya: "Yeah, but you... it's different. I mean, you're bold, and confident, and what a guy wants."

Rogue: Rogue glanced over at her with a skeptical eyebrow. "Yeah, 'cause every guy would love ta have a gal they cain't even hold hands with." She took a breath, "Y'all don't know how Ah was with boys 'fore Ah got here. Ah was timid 'round 'em. Always treated 'em like friends. Buddy buddy type. Nothin' more. 'Till mah first game o' spin tha bottle..."

Raya: "No, I mean, you flirt with guys and play and everything. And when you do they think it's funny." She shrugged slowly, fidgeting with the instrument on the table. "When I do it's just awkward."

Rogue: "Ah don't know what ta tell ya then. Told ya ta try spin tha bottle. But if ya ain't willin' ta do that an' ya don't think bein' more confident'd help, Ah'm outta suggestions."

Raya: "I do...I mean, I think it would help. I just don't know how to do it without being too...silly." She bit her tongue, pulling her hair over her shoulder to tug on it lightly.

Rogue: "Silly? Hun, just stop thinkin' ya ain't good 'nough f' 'em."

Raya: Raya just sighed lightly. She didn't know how to put it; she had pride, and she didn't want to be laughed at for trying to be cool, or sexy.

Rogue: Rogue looked over at her, "What?"

Raya: "I'm just trying to think about stuff. I don't really want to be laughed at...or told it won't work because I won't have sex." She drew her legs up, resting her chin on her folded arms, over her knees. "Just stuff."

Rogue: "Y'all need ta go talk ta tha counselor, hun. 'Cause ya won't get laughed at. An' so what if a guy tells ya it won't work 'cause ya won't have sex? Ya don't hop inta a relationship, assumin' they know ya won't. Tell 'em up front so they can scoot 'fore ya get attached. An' if they're worth anythin', they'll say that's ok."

Raya: "Yeah, I tried that once." Didn't work spectacularly, but it was past. She didn't like to think about it. "I just kinda...figured they'd know, with me."

Rogue: "Boys never know. Never assume."

Raya: "Oh." Well that was one thing she'd been doing really wrong, then. Probably not the last.

Rogue: "Ya know what they say. Assumin' just makes an ass outta you an' me."

Raya: "Um. No...I've actually never heard that." Raya gave her a quizzical look, fidgeting restlessly. "I'll try to suggest a game of...something, the next time there's a crowd in the rec room."

Rogue: "Atta girl!" Rogue grinned over at her, "Let me know how it goes."

Raya: "Oh, I will." She hoped it wouldn't be along the lines of 'I'm never doing that again.'
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.