04/13 Instance: Life's Little Ups and Downs

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

04/13 Instance: Life's Little Ups and Downs

Post by steyn »

Timeline current

Mayhem: Mayhem was upside down on the chair, legs hooked over the back and head hanging off the seat as he stared at the ceiling, dreads hanging down. He was listening to his music, earplugs in, considering drawing something in the sketchbook that was on his bare stomach. Boooo-ooooored.

Anna: Anna poked her head into the recroom, and looked around. She didn't notice the feet. She went back to the kitchen, picked up her tray and carefully carefully carried it to the recroom. She made it through the door without spilling anything. Score!

Mayhem: Mayhem's green eyes shifted to the source of the scent as it entered the room, recognising it as Anna before seeing her. He grinned, pulling out his headphones and turning off his mp3. "Hi there."

Anna: Anna, having assessed the room as empty, was not expecting the sudden appearance of a talking cat man.

Anna: She shrieked and dropped the tray.

Anna: "Goddamnit!!!" She sighed, "And I was doing so well today...." she chewed her lip, "That's going to stain..."

Mayhem: Mayhem looked at her upside down for a moment, blinking, before putting a hand in his scruffy combats and pulling out a crochet needle, picking up a dread and working on it. "Not if you clean it up quick enough it don't. Trust me, dropped enough in my time."

Anna: Anna sighed, "I've dropped a fair ammount too....." She picked up as much as she could and put it back on the tray, then headed for the kitchen to get a cloth. She came back, cleaned up the mess then carried the tray and cloth back into the kitchen. Returning moments later with a fresh tray of goodies. "Fortunately I planned ahead and made a spare." She sat down on a chair and grinned at Mayhem.

Anna: "So, what brings you in here? Clearly it's not the huge tv...." She gave it a wistful look.

Mayhem: "Television is overrated." Mayhem moved on to another dreadlock, tail flopping onto his stomach lazily. "Good for games though. And films." He gave Anna an upside-down grin. "So what you here for?"

Anna: "Apart from a comfy chair to eat in?" She frowned, "Not sure.... maybe tv..." she grinned at him again, then stuffed a forkful of her meal in her mouth, "Mmmmm....."

Mayhem: Mayhem shrugged, tugging his dread and then moving on to another. "They need to invest in beanbags here. I mean, considerin' how many mutants here have tails, you'd think they'd have tail-friendly chairs, wouldn't you? I don't wanna have to be upside down my entire time here."

Anna: Anna smiled over a mouthful of food then swallowed before she answered, "Maybe you should ask Xavier? He's not gonna miss the money, by the look of the place. Couldn't hurt. And he seems nice enough, what with taking us all in and that." She had a sip of her drink, "And if he says no, go buy your own bean bag... or one of them crazy kneel down chairs...."

Mayhem: "I dunno....don't think I could actually ask the guy, you know?" Mayhem grimaced. He hadn't met Xavier yet. "And Mum hasn't sent my money over yet. Lazy cow."

Anna: Anna giggled, "Ah just ask him, how hard can it be?" She gave a small shrug, "Worst that can happen is he tells you to get stuffed. But I'm sure he wont...."

Mayhem: "Um. I don't know...."

Anna: "What are you afraid of?" She put her tray on the table, "He's old... and in a wheelchair... then again he's a telepath so who knows what he can do if he gets annoyed....?" She pondered this for a minute, "On the plus side, if he broke you I could probably fix it." She gave him what she hoped was a reassurring smile.

Mayhem: Mayhem blinked at her. "....I don't wanna be broke in the first place though." He said. "And there's that 'probably' bit. Um. I'd rather not risk it..."

Anna: Anna laughed, "I only said probably 'cause I didn't know I could do the healing mind-stuff thing until a couple of days ago. I knew I could heal physical things... I told you that already, right?" She couldn't remember, she shook her head, "Anyway, the point is, I'm a fuzzy blanket so it's all good." She grinned.

Mayhem: Mayhem blinked. "Still. Um. Upside down I'll stay, I guess." He grinned fangily again. "Maybe when I feel brave enough I'll go see him."

Anna: Anna frowned, "And in the mean time you'll suffer needlessly 'cause you're a giant coward." She sat back in her chair, "For someone so tall and scary looking you're a hell of a wuss-bag." She smiled at him.

Mayhem: "That's because I am tall and scary." Mayhem muttered. "Don't like people being afraid of me." He picked up his sketchbook and flicked through it. He'd nearly finished it already. Good job he'd packed a couple of others... "Hey, um...what do you know about the Raya girl?" He suddenly looked at Anna.

Anna: The question caught her offguard a little, "Raya?" She thought for a minute, "Oh her! Um... not a lot... She seems quite shy... Muslim I think..." She frowned, "Yeah..." she nodded to herself, "Seems nice enough though."

Mayhem: "Ah. Was just wondering." Mayhem sneezed as his tuft tickled his nose, pushing his tail out of the way. " 'Cause I offered to draw her some henna cogs and I dunno if that was right of me or whatever."

Anna: "Oooh... guess it depends where you're putting the henna." She grinned, "But I'm sure if Raya says it's okay, you can go for it." She picked up her drink, "Sounds like it could be fun though."

Mayhem: "Oh, it'll be in safe enough places, I mean, like her arm or somewhere." Mayhem looked at Anna upside-down. "Um. She's muslim, right? She was wearing a Laia costume the other night...you know, the slave one."

Anna: Anna's eyebrows went up, "Really?... Wow... that was brave of her...." She shifted in her seat, "Well in that case I don't think you have anything to worry about with the henna thingy. If she went out in public dressed in so little I'm sure she'll roll up a sleeve in private without a fuss." She smiled at him.

Mayhem: "Heh. Well, it was a party. Not exactly in public." He shuddered slightly. "Could have done without the strippin' Vader though. Not an image I want stuck in my head."

Anna: If possible, Anna's eyebrows rose even higher, "Stripping Vader? Wow I'm seriously glad I didn't go now." That really wouldn't have been a nice sight that's for sure. "I pity you, I really do.... but I can probably heal the mental trauma of it..." She grinned.

Mayhem: "Nuh-uh. No healing'll ever fix this." Mayhem mock-shuddered. "So...much....trauma....must purge..."

Anna: Anna giggled, "You never know until you try it. I can heal depression and all sorts - I was testing myself on those hologram things." She shuffled to the edge of her seat, "If you want I can try it on you. Can't do any harm, right?"

Mayhem: Mayhem gave her an upside-down grin. "Nah. It's alright. I'm not that damaged from it. I don't have any trauma to heal." Grandad doesn't count, I'm sure. Everyone has bastards in their family. "Dancing Vader will go away eventually."

Anna: Anna gave him a shrug, "Meh, have it your way." She slid back into her seat to curl up a little, "But if you change your mind, I'd love to test the lower limits of that ability." She drew her knees up, "I already found the lower limits of the physical healing."

Mayhem: "Oh?" Mayhem frowned at her. "So you don't need me throwing myself off a buildin' then?"

Anna: Anna grinned, "Not unless you want to."

Mayhem: "Oh yes, because I'd so want to break every bone in my body and possibly kill myself as an experiment." Mayhem grinned at her, rolling off the seat into a crouch on the floor so that he could look at her properly. "So what's the lower limits then?"

Anna: "Broken limbs. Can't heal small breaks like fingers. But I can heal severed fingers. It's a bit complicated. I'm thinking with practise I'll be able to heal the 'simple' stuff. But in the mean time there's Josh to do that."

Mayhem: "So does it happen when you want it to yet?" Mayhem's tail curled up behind him into a question mark.

Anna: "I don't think so.... I don't know..." she frowned, she'd forgotten to think about that when she was practising, "Um... I... probably not... I wasn't thinking about it when I did it..." She scratched her head, a little embarrassed, "I forgot I was supposed to pay attention."

Mayhem: "Hah. Maybe it's one of those things where if you think about it too hard you fail at it?" Mayhem shrugged. "Like, if it's your mutation maybe you should just do what comes natural....er...like me and my balance."

Mayhem: "I mean, if I think too hard about staying upright on a fence, I fall, right? But if I just run across it without trying to work it out, I'm fine. 'Cause it's what I do natural."

Anna: "Yeah... maybe.... like instinct over tuition, right?" She nodded to herself, "Maybe I should stop thinking so hard on it and just accept it as a gift.... Maybe then I'll get to learn the next bit." She bounced a little in her seat from excitement.

Mayhem: "Sounds about right. I'm a bit jealous, really." He scratched behind a fuzzy ear, making it flick. "I mean, I was born with all mine right from the start. Got nothin' new to learn."

Anna: Anna shrugged, "I think I'd have preferred it that way. Wouldn't have been such a shock then. I totally freaked out when the girl I healed said I'd done it. Didn't believe her... It wasn't til I healed my uncle that I figured there was something to it."

Anna: She tugged at a loose strand of hair, "And you never know what's around the corner. That Tessa girl with the baby says I have Teke to look forward to. You never know what you're DNA's got lurking in there now you're getting older."

Mayhem: "...Oh yeah, she can see DNA can't she." Mayhem shrugged. "I doubt I have anything left, and besides, I'd rather not know. Have a nice surprise when I decide to....I dunno, turn into a brick or somethin', eh?" He grinned at her.

Anna: Anna snorted, "Now that's a mental image I want to keep! Mayhem the brick! Wow you could really cause trouble then, huh?" she grinned, "And it's fair enough you want the surprise, I only asked 'cause I was feeling all useless what with all the people that can heal themselves in this place."

Mayhem: "Aaaah, what you got to remember is though people here can heal themselves, there's all the people out there," he jabbed a finger at the window, "who can't. Sure you'll be of some help there, mmm? As for me....well, I'm not exactly much use. I run away at the first sign of trouble, for one thing."

Anna: Anna sighed, "Yeah I'm sure I'll be a great help once they stop thinking we're dangerous and trying to find out where we all live...." She frowned, "Do you think I'd have to study to become a doctor if I wanted to use my ability to mend other people?"

Mayhem: "Well, it might help you get a better understanding of healing....and where to heal or something." Mayhem scratched at his stubbly cheek. "I mean, it'd be horrible to heal a broken bone but not the lump of cancer that's in their lung or something...."

Anna: "Yeah I don't think I have a filter like that.... It seems to be all or nothing... When I was practising earlier I was healing all kinds of stuff at the same time. Broken bones, severed limbs, craziness, you name it."

Mayhem: Mayhem nodded, tugging on a dread. "Hah. Maybe you don't then, eh? But if you wanna be a doc and not one of the crackjobs you'd still have to study. Better you'n me, I hate doctors."

Anna: Anna smiled, "My mam's a nurse. Think she'd be pleased if I chose to study medicine. But I don't think I'm smart enough to become a doctor... I'm definately not co-ordinated enough." She chewed her lip in thought, "But I think I would like to try it maybe.... I'll talk to the Dr man and see what he thinks."

Mayhem: "Sounds good to me. Me, I wouldn't mind doing what my dad does. He's a woodworker, and really good - he can do metal and stuff as well but he prefers wood." Mayhem grinned. "Helped me build my laptop, as well as a few other things, and taught me how to carve by hand too."

Anna: "Wow that sounds really good. I'd love to be able to do stuff like that but I know I'd just end up really hurting myself. I need a safe profession. So I guess being a doctor would be a good move. At least I'd be trained to deal with my injuries and if I worked in a hospital I'd be in a good place for it."

Mayhem: "Just don't sew anything up inside anyone." Mayhem grinned. "Maybe I can show you some carving sometime - so long as you're careful you can't hurt yourself and with me there I can make sure, mmm?"

Anna: Anna grinned, "I'd try my best not to do anything that stupid. Besides with my ability I might end up healing people by accident without opening them up at all." She shuffled in her seat again, "And I'd love that... the carving thing. That'd be really good."

Mayhem: Mayhem nodded. "I'll have to get dad to send my tools or get new ones or...something, you know. But yeah. Wouldn't mind that." He grinned. "Wow, first I get to draw on a girl and now I get to teach another how to carve. I like this place."

Anna: Anna grinned, "It's brilliant, isn't it? How could you ever think you might leave?"

Mayhem: "Well, I miss my friends and that....but the longer I stay here, the more I like it. So....I guess I'll stay for a bit, at least. It's safe here, for one."

Anna: Anna nodded, "That it is." She frowned at her tray, "But it's not without it's down sides. I have a heap of washing up to do now...."