4/14 Instance: Inking Up

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Timeline current

Raya: Raya wandered down the hall, counting the doors till she got to the right one. Mayhem had said it was alright to meet her in his room; so she'd brought her henna and the stuff to mix it with. she had no idea what sort of design he'd thought of, or found, but she was game. After all, if it looked too weird on her it would just wear off. She knocked quietly, fidgeting with the hem of her borrowed sleeveless shirt. Enough skin had to show, right?

Mayhem: Mayhem looked up at the knock, tail curling as he shut the ornate box that was his laptop. "It's open!" He called, carefully putting the thing on his desk. No way did he want to risk the varnish.

Raya: "Oh, um, it's just me." She opened the door slowly, carrying the tiny ceramic jar with henna powder and a cup of water with a spoon. "I had to figure out which door was yours." She knew the perils of opening the wrong one.

Mayhem: Mayhem grinned when he saw it was Raya. "Oh, um. I-I usually have it open. I uh...just heard something I probably shouldn't have done and...well...shut it." He opened his sketchbook and pulled out a couple of sheets of paper. "Um. I...sketched out some...ideas...."

Raya: "Yeah...that happens sometimes. You, ah. you get used to it, sooner or later." She came over to look at the sketched ideas, wondering where the design would go. "I...I like that middle one, there. The gears and vines look really good..."

Mayhem: "Yeah? Um." He looked at the picture. "I like that one too. Well....it's up to you where it goes..." He scratched his bare chest, glancing at his bed. "I-I mean, it'll look good wherever it goes but it's up to you if you wanna show it off or not..."

Raya: "I, um. I don't really know where it should go...I usually only do my hands, and feet, but they're too small for those." She considered it for a minute before deciding. "Maybe you could do it like, around where you've got yours? Like up here?" she touched her hands to her collarbones, just above her breasts.

Mayhem: "A-are you sure? I mean..." Mayhem looked at the picture, then at Raya. "I don't want you to...you know." He blushed a little, tail curling. Alright, he might have told Monet that being shy was a means to an end but damnit, didn't mean he was faking it! "Um. If you want it there..."

Raya: "It, well...it should be okay. It's nothing that doesn't show normally." Just a tiny lie, that was okay. People normally saw some of her chest... Given, not nearly as much as the other night. "That would be good, putting it there. Do I, um?" She pulled at the bottom of her shirt tentatively.

Mayhem: "I-" Mayhem resisted the urge to roll his eyes at himself. Barely. "I-If you want to." Please dear God let her be wearing a bra. Please. It was just like helping the girls on with their corsets back home. Really. Only usually they weren't in his room, on his bed, about to be drawn on by him. Gaaaaah.

Raya: "Um." She was wearing a bra, of course--she never went out of her room without one on--but had really never shown it to anyone. "I...I can, uh, take it off to make drawing easier." He certainly seemed as nervous as she did.

Mayhem: "I can probably manage if you don't feel comfortable. Um." Mayhem scrubbed his nose. It didn't help she smelt nervous. "O-or I can put it somewhere else. Whatever you feel comfortable with, yeah?"

Raya: "Uh, yeah." She blinked, hearing Rogue telling her she needed to be more confident. Well, if now wasn't an applicable time... She peeled the shirt off, laying it over her lap; the henna from the other night around her navel was still there, a network of dots forming a spiral sun.

Mayhem: Well, it wasn't like she was wearing anything less then the last time he'd seen her. "Um. If you...wanna make yourself comfortable..." Mayhem smiled a little, the blush going now that she'd actually taken off her top, as it were. "I haven't drawn in henna before. Any tips on how to mix it an' stuff?"

Raya: "You just...um. Mix it to a paste. With water." And that didn't sound stupid at all... She tapped some out into a clean container, mixing water in until it was a dark paste, and pulling a drawing stick out of her pocket, offering it to Mayhem.

Mayhem: Mayhem took the stick, examining it and then nodding. "Alright. Think I can do it." He grinned at her. "Sitting up or lying down?"

Raya: "I can do either, so whichever's easier..." She pulled her hair back in a loose tail at the back of her neck, to get it out of the way. "So, um. Do you need to draw it out in anything else...first?" She smiled back at him, though still a little nervous. At least he was smiling.

Mayhem: "Ah. See, was ready for that." Mayhem pulled out one of his fineliners. "I'll draw it in this first then you can tell me if you want it changed or not." He put the pen in his fangs and then used two of the longest dreads to tie the rest of his back. "Sittin' might be better." He smiled, taking the pen out of his mouth. "More room that way."

Raya: "I can do that." She watched him tie his hair back, smiling gently. "I like the way your hair looks, in all those dreadlocks. It's different." She thought about her own, long and thick and very definitely not in dreads. "It looks interesting."

Mayhem: "I-it does?" Mayhem found him blushing slightly again. "Well...I got bored with my hair just normal..." He shrugged a little. "My mum nearly killed me when I came home with dreads. She's kinda used to 'em now. But...thanks." He picked up the paper and came to kneel beside her on the bed. "So uh...where would you like it again?"

Raya: "Um. Up here," she said, tapping her chest with a hand. "If that's okay with you." She smiled at him blushing. "They look different. A friend of mine used to have dreadlocks, but they were thinner, and short. He shaved them off, not long before we stopped talking."

Mayhem: Mayhem smiled again, using the pen to gently push her chin up and starting to draw on her skin from the paper. "Yeah? Mine'll get thinner. They ain't bedded down yet and there's still a lot of air in them. Don't use wax or anything on 'em at all, not even at the beginning." He glanced at the drawing and amended a line to flow up onto her shoulder.

Raya: "Why not?" she asked, leaning her head back against the wall she was situated against. It kep her still enough to draw on. "I thought you were supposed to use wax, and the, um...the spray stuff to keep them together." She bit her lip to keep from giggling at the ticklish feel of the fine pen.

Mayhem: "Nah, that's only if you want solid dreads." Mayhem shifted a little, concentrating fully on the drawing and not on what he was drawing on. "I didn't fancy it. Backcombing, palm-rolling then using a handy little crochet hook to tighten them all up." He slid down her bra strap to finish a vine before going onto the detail over a collarbone.

Raya: "Ah. I never watched Orli get his, he just showed up with them one day." She twitched a little at him sliding her bra strap down, concentrating on keeping very still. She was sure she was blushing, she could feel the warm spots on her cheeks. "I don't think I'd look very good with dreadlocks...but they look good on you." She stilled, wondering how she'd explain getting a tattoo right there...

Mayhem: "Oh, I don't know." He blushed a little at the compliment as he finished a cog, the sketch nearly done. "But I agree....it'd ruin your hair." He bit his lip, backing away. "Okay. Think that's good. Um. You want to go see?" He gestured to the bathroom.

Raya: "Oh, ah. Sure." She slid off the bed, feeling a little awkward at having no shirt, blinking at the look the tattoo had in the mirror. "I like it," she said. "It's different, but cool." She reststed reaching up to touch it, but smiled at her reflection, turning back to Mayhem.

Mayhem: Mayhem smiled, eyes flickering over her figure before he mentally slapped himself. "Er. So. Alright to put on the henna now then?" He gestured lamely at the pot.

Raya: She caught him looking over her, blinking rapidly and ducking her head for a moment out of habit. "Um. Yeah, we can do that now." She went back and sat down, taking the little dish with her, where the different hennas were mixed up already, in different strengths. "You, um. Do you find me attractive?" She'd have to get used to boys looking at her sooner or later.

Mayhem: "I-what?" The question made him blink at her before he shook his head, ears flattening a little. "Um. Well. Yes. I mean. Um."

Raya: "It's...um. It's alright. I just...wanted to know, since you were, y'know. Looking." She blinked, and blushed as she crawled back into the bed. "It's okay if you do." She tried for a smile.

Mayhem: "...Um." Mayhem looked down as the blush deepened, ears flat against the side of his head. "Th-thanks." He coughed awkwardly, picking up the henna. "Uh. Want. Want me to change anything before I put this on?"

Raya: "No...I like it like it is." She smiled tentatively, taking a calming breath as she reached out to take the henna dish. "You missed a bunch of us playing Spin the Bottle the other night. It was...interesting." She ventured, hesitantly. "So it's not a problem, if, um. You want to look at me."

Mayhem: "I-it's not that I don't. Want to. I mean." Mayhem took the dish, face beet red as he started to go over the lines carefully. "It's just....well. I um. Don't usually get to see girls this...ah..." He gestured vaguely. "Helping them into corsets is one thing. Other then that, well...lookin' how I do..." He swallowed uncomfortably and concentrated on what he was doing. "So. Um. Yeah."

Raya: She smiled. "It's okay. I'm..." Well, saying it to a guy was harder than to Rogue. Much. "I'm trying not to be so shy. It's...interesting." She blushed a little, quietening down. "That sort of tickles, the henna."

Mayhem: Oh yeah, muslim girls had to be careful around guys or something, right? "Probably less then the pen...yeah?" He smiled at her before going back to his work. "I-I've always been shy. But people here're more...." He searched for the word. "...Forward. I mean, I flirt with my mate a lot and he's pretty forward but-" Okay, he hadn't meant to admit the 'he' part...

Raya: "Yeah. Orlando used to flirt a lot...with all the girls. It was fun, but he was just a friend." She smiled back, wondering what he was thinking, about her saying all this. "One of my friends was into girls, she used to hit on me all the time. So...it's no problem that you flirt with guys. I mean, it doesn't bother me to hear."

Mayhem: "I uh...wasn't sure. If you'd be okay with it. Not everyone is." Mayhem chewed a lip as he carried on working. "Thing is, I'm not really sure what I'm 'into'. Um. I mean, Chaos is nice. But then...so're you." He blushed again.

Raya: "Thanks." She smiled, watching him work in the bathroom mirror, and his tail flicking back and forth. "It's...never been a problem. I mean, it doesn't make you a bad person or anything." She wondered what it would look like when he was done with it; more than that she wondered exactly how she was going to put her shirt back on. "You're nice too. I like you."

Mayhem: Mayhem stood back, looking his handiwork over critically and scratching his bare chest, frowning slightly as he did. "Well, I know that. Just what with being a bloody mutant and possibly gay or whatever? Double whammy of badness." He leant in, carrying on with his paste to hide the slight blush. "Glad you think so. Kinda like you too. I mean. Um."

Raya: "Well...there's a lot of us here that are, so...I guess it's not that bad, in New York?" She watched him frown and wondered if she'd said something wrong, deciding it must have been something different when he leaned back in. "You're...um. Likeable. And cute." Well. At least she'd said it now.

Mayhem: "Um. I am?" Mayhem blinked big green eyes up at her before grinning and going back to tracing. "A lot of girls think that. Not sure why." He used a claw to gently scrape off some henna that had gone on the wrong place, wiping it on his trousers. "Nearly done now. Wanna see it so far?"

Raya: "I can, um, wait till it's done." She smiled at getting to see his eyes so close; they were a really beautiful green... "It's your eyes. They're really pretty." She let out a soft kind-of-sigh at the claw; it tickled as much as the henna had.

Mayhem: That made Mayhem pause a moment, biting his lip. "No one's ever told me that." He murmured, carrying on. "Um. You really think so?" His eyes were a weird green, he knew - cat's green, almost forest green and made odder by the slitted pupils.

Raya: "Mmmhm. I really like them..." She tilted her head at the question, still looking at them. "There's an oasis, near my home that's the same color, when you first see it."

Mayhem: Mayhem blushed under her scrutiny, looking away hurridly. "Um. Think I've done all the henna if you wanna take a look....how long does it take to dry?"

Mayhem: All the comliments and her closeness was making him...a little uncomfortable.

Raya: "A few hours...the dye will soak in, and leave the pattern..." She ducked her head at him blushing, moving to stand up, so she could take a look at the nearly finished product. "It looks...really good. I really like the vines, and leaves and all." She touched her fingers to the skin just below one of the tattooed cogs, admiring the shading he'd done with it. "Um. If you'd like me to do you....I can, in return for this."

Mayhem: "Do..." Mayhem just blinked at her a few times. "Oh! Yes! I mean. Um. If you'd like to. If you don't mind? I like henna...."

Raya: "I can, it's easy..." She blushed at the entirely unspoken 'Do me?' question, that she really...should have seen coming. "I can paint a more, um, kind of traditional pattern on you, if that's okay?" She had a vague idea of what to do, but no idea where. But she'd done henna on people a million times, Mayhem shouldn't be too different...

Mayhem: "Sure! I'd love that. Um." Mayhem smiled at her. "Um. Where do you want to do it? I'm comfortable wherever you want to put it."

Raya: Raya considered him, biting her lip for a moment. "Maybe around your, um, your navel? That's where a lot of them are done... Or your hands." She picked up the brush, and stopped to think for a minute.

Mayhem: "If it's gonna be there, I'd be better off lying down...um..." Mayhem looked at his hands and shook his head. "Navel it is."

Raya: "Okay, then." She could do that, easy. She smiled lightly, trying to see what she was going to do. "Alright, I have a good idea." She waited for him to lie back before she started to draw.

Mayhem: Mayhem lay down, tugging his shorts down a little - he didn't want henna on these if he could help it. "I place myself in your hands then, my lover." He grinned up at her.

Raya: She blinked at the name and blushed brightly at the combination of that and him pushing his shorts down and inch or two. "Oh, um. I, ah, thanks..." She was going to just shut up, at that, but a thought ocurred to her that made her smile. "So, um. What do I call you, then?" she asked as she carefully drew the gear around his navel.

Mayhem: "Eh?" He frowned up at her, shifting so that his tail wasn't so constricted. "What d' you mean?"

Raya: "Um...you said 'my lover'? Is that, uh, what you call everyone?" She bit her tongue as she started on the toothed part of the gear.

Mayhem: "God that tickles." Mayhem fought to stay still. "Um. Well. Yeah. It's a...local thing where I come from. That an' direc'ly." He grinned at Raya. "Like, I'll be wit' thee direc'ly, my lover, kinda thing."

Raya: Raya heard that, and giggled at the accent. "I like it. It's...interesting." Partially because she'd never been called that before. "It does tickle some, but it will go away soon." She finished the gear, sitting back to look at it, and went back to work writing a word in Arabic in the middle of the design.

Mayhem: "Hey....what's that say?" Mayhem pushed himself up one one arm, watching her work over his toned abs curiously. "Not that I mind, I'd trust you not to write 'wanker' or something, but I've never been able to read Arabic. Dad can, but..." He realised he was babbling. "Um." He settled for.

Raya: Raya smiled a little, finishing the dots under and over the letters. "It says mayhem," she says. "It's just a pretty language...I wouldn't write wanker on you. Unless you did something really bad."

Mayhem: "Not likely to happen if I can help it." Mayhem grinned. "Wow. My name looks prettier in Arabic then English."

Raya: She laughed, and put the last dot on the name that circled around the gear, gently blowing on it to dry the henna a little faster. "It does look very pretty." She looked up. "So, your dad can read Arabic?"

Mayhem: "Yeah....forces brat. Lived in Egypt and the East for a while..." The cool air made him twitch for a totally different reason, and he shifted a little away from her. "Keeps in practice reading and writing it, though speakin'...he's a little rusty. Sounds pretty, what he does say though. Maybe one day I'll ask him to teach me."

Raya: "Cool," she said, sitting back on her heels. "You could hear me say it, sometime, if you wanted."

Mayhem: "Um. I'd like that." Mayhem shifted carefully so that he didn't ruin the henna.

Raya: Raya smiled lightly. "Anytime."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Awwww ... they're so cute!

But poor Sooraya ... she seems to be caving in to the predominant mentality instead of holding her own faith. Unless she's not really sure of her own faith, which is common at that age.

This was so full of cute tidbits and really had a genuine feel to it. Kudos!
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

???

Not sure I really follow where you got that idea, Elfdame. She still holds to her faith, and is still a devout Muslim, even if she doesn't cover herself and shy away from everything the way she used to. She's just coming out of her shell a bit.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

This whole instance is made of pure concentrated awkwardness.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

wingyding wrote:???

Not sure I really follow where you got that idea, Elfdame. She still holds to her faith, and is still a devout Muslim, even if she doesn't cover herself and shy away from everything the way she used to. She's just coming out of her shell a bit.
I haven't known a lot of Muslims, but the only ones I did were not as iffy on the concept of homosexuality as she seems to be.

And she is at the age when kids explore a bit, so the uncovering is kinda normal, considering she's rubbing elbows with Westerners. So to speak. :shifty
This whole instance is made of pure concentrated awkwardness.
Yup -- that's what made it so cute. And you two described everything so well that I could really picture it easily.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

Well that bit is me. I can't stand the concept of homophobia, even in the pretendy funtime games. It drives me absolutely batty. Though several of the Muslims I knew growing up were absolutely fine with the concept, long as you didn't want them to join in.

But hee, thanks for the kudos, I'm glad you read it.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

It's okay; I drive a LOT of people batty. It's my own special gift.

Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

^^ It was a fun instance to play.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art