04/17 Instance: What the Henna is he talking about

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Timeline Current

Raya: Raya was in the recroom, finishing uploading pictures into her laptop; Cess had taken some more of her, since she got her tattoo from Mayhem. She was about to start relining the henna art on her ankles and legs, as she wanted it darker. She might do another one on her hand, if she had any left over...

Wade: "Wade entered through the doorway to see..." Wade said outloud as he was walking into the room, "Raya. He looks at her and says, Hey Rayayaya, lookin good, love it when girl shows some leg, means that I won't be surprised with another prosthetic." he said and flopped on to the couch.

Raya: "Hey, Wade..." she looked up and smiled at the newcomer. "It's just henna, I wanted to re-do some of the design I had done for Selene's birthday."

Wade: "Oooh, temporary tattoos! I love them! It's like tattoos, only it won't stay a constant reminder of your foolish drunken days as a college student! I would love to have a 'keep on trucking' tattoo on my back."

Anna: Anna strolled along the corridor, laptop and notebook in her backpack and textbooks under her arm. She really had to stop putting things off for this long. She dragged herself into the recroom and looked for a free seat. "Oh... people... hi...?" She grinned.

Raya: "Oh, hi there!" Raya smiled at the new interruption, finishing the lines she was doing on her legs before sitting up for them to dry. "Anna, right?"

Wade: "I remember her by her fruit and element. Holy Banana of Healing!" Wade held his hands to the sky as he said that, just for an added effect, which quickly dropped to his sides again. "Yo Anna Banana!"

Anna: Anna nodded at Raya then gave Wade a long considered look before she smiled vaguely and headed over to a seat, "Hi Wade.... You're Raya, right?" she asked the girl, "That looks nice..." she gestured at the henna then set her books down and tried to dig out her laptop without displacing them.

Raya: "Yeah, and thanks." She smiled, sitting up and pushing her hair back; she had it loose and uncovered today, framing her face. She'd almost done a little tattoo at the corner of her eye this morning, but it wouldn't have dried in time for class. but the one on her chest was shown off nicely, since she didn't have anything covering it.

Wade: "So about my tattoo, I think it would be better if it was a hot gal with big bazookas, just able to cover the tips with her hands and underneath it should say 'Mom'. Now that's classy." Wade said, nodding.

Anna: Anna nearly dropped her laptop. She stared at Wade, "Your idea of classy is very skewed...." She slid her laptop fully out of her bag and sat it on her lap. "And if you want boobies I think maybe Raya is the wrong person to ask to draw them."

Wade: "Boobies? My mom used to work in an ammunitions factory. There were these big fake bazookas there that she could just about reach the tips when they stood on their ends."

Raya: Raya managed a laugh after staring at Wade for a long minute. "I'm glad you think I'd do such good art, but...I'm not really the one to ask for breasts or guns." She pulled her hair over her shoulder to tug on it a little, combing her fingers through the ends.

Anna: Anna giggled at Wade and made a mental note not to assume anything with him ever again. She opened her laptop and pressed the power button. "So how long does that stuff take to dry?" Anna gestured at the pot of henna on the table, "Or does it depend?" She always been interested in henna. Sometimes her mother dyed her hair with it.

Raya: "It takes maybe an hour or two, not very long."

Wade: "Hour? Two? That's not long at all, I just need some thing smooth and shiny to distract me and I'll be able to sit still that long."

Anna: "Oh man I'd be so bored.... although... having to sit still for that long would totally help me finish my homework. Can you draw on me?"

Wade: "I sure as hell can!" Wade yelled and fished out a permanent marker from his shirt pocket. "Where you want me to start?" and then he took off the cap.

Anna: Anna's eyes widened, "Not you!" She curled up and held up her laptop to shield herself, "I meant Raya, you dummy."

Wade: "Dagnabbit, ninth time I got shot down. I am a really good doodler, just a tiny scribble Killjoy Was here, huh?" he waved the pen's tip.

Raya: Raya shook her head, waving Wade and the pen away. "I can, Anna. Do you have anything you want, specifically?" she smiled as she rolled up the legs of her jeans higher, so she wouldn't mess up her own henna when she moved to work on her. "I can start with something small, if you want, just on a hand or something."

Anna: Anna chewed her lip as she thought and finally gave a small shrug, "I dunno, just something... can I still type and stuff if it's on my hand? Otherwise do it on my feet." She grinned, "They're clean I promise." She waved her flipflopped feet at Raya, "See, sparkly clean."

Raya: "I can do it either place; but if you have to type it's probably easier on your feet." She picked up a little stylus to put the henna on with, considering a design. "Do you like a pattern in particular?"

Anna: Anna looked down at her feet, "Um... I dunno... never really seen henna designs before up close. Or asked much about them. So I dunno what sort of thing to ask.... so... you pick. Go nuts!" She flicked her flipflops off, "Just try not to tickle me too bad." she grinned.

Wade: Wade still waving his marker, "I'm next after her, I got this great design planned for the other foot, it has to do with fungi, you'll love it."

Anna: Anna looked up at Wade, "You are not drawing on me I don't trust you." She pulled out a text book, "However you can help me with my biology homework. Let me cut you open?" She gave him a sweet smile.

Raya: "Oh, don't," Raya protested. "You can draw on me, Wade, if you want to..." she offered him the arm that didn't have anything on it below the elbow. "Hmm. I know a good design," she told Anna, as she got to working on it, slowly revealing a wandering pattern that went from her pinky toe to her ankle, and would wrap around. She'd go back and make the lines bolder in a moment.

Wade: "What? An invitation? Now all the fun is gone." He said capping the marker and sticking it back in his shirt's pocket. "However, that biology sonuds temptng. I'm not gonna wake up in a bath tub full of ice without my kidney's am it?"

Anna: Anna laughed, "Nah, my homeworks about the circulatory system. So I'd need your heart." She managed to say that with a straight face too! Go her!

Wade: "Aw nuts. It's like no-one needs a good pair of kidneys anymore....wait, don't I need my heart?" he asked.

Anna: Anna shrugged, "Probably, but you're a healer, you might grow a new one. If you don't I'll sick the old one back in and heal you myself. No big deal." She gave him a smile as though the problem was solved.

Wade: Wade's left eye twitched. It made sense to him.

Raya: Raya snickered as she kept drawing, going back and adding more dye to the areas that needed it.

Anna: Anna continued typing away at her assignment, watching Wade out of the corner of her eye. She wondered how seriously he'd taken her suggestion and she was also proud of herself for not cracking up. Ah she was maturing!

Anna: Like cheese, she suddenly found herself thinking. Ew. She wrinkled her nose.

Wade: Wade was suddenly in the mod for string cheese. He wondered if there were in the kitchen< "Ladies, I'll be right back."

Anna: Anna watched Wade into the kitchen, she grinned at Raya, "Think he went to get a knife?"

Raya: "I don't know..." Raya watched him go, finishing the first go on the design around Anna's foot. "How do you like that?" she asked, pulling the stylus away for a minute to show her. "I'll go over it again to make it dark enough, if you like it."

Anna: Anna lifted her foot and peered over her laptop to look, "Oooo nice! I like it!!" She smiled at Raya, "You're good at this, you should start charging... oh wait... charge after me." She gave her another grin.

Raya: Raya smiled. "I don't charge...I like doing henna art, and everyone seems to like being drawn on. I wouldn't charge for this."

Anna: "But buying all that henna must get expensive?" She looked at her foot again, admiring it, "Aww my mam's going to be all pleased when she finds out I have someone to draw on me."

Wade: Wade pushed the door open with one hand and a can of stringcheese to his mouth, audibly making squirting noises into his mouth. "Hey that's pretty!" He said smiling with yellow pastey cheese all over his teeth.

Anna: Anna looked up at Wade then wished she hadn't, "Ewwww.... Wade... that's disgusting...." She covered her eyes then looked down at her laptop screen again.

Wade: "So you dont want any?" he offered the can, "It's cheese. In a can! How awesome is that? Only thing better than this would be if they invented cream from a can. That would rock my world."

Anna: Anna blinked up at Wade, "They have invented cream from a can. And it's way nicer than cheese in a can. Cheese in a can is worse than plastic cheese." She nodded sagely.

Wade: "There's plastic cheese? What other wonders are there in this land of the future!? Do we pills in the form of food? How about crawling planes? Do we get a robot for a butler with homocidal tendencies?"

Raya: "It doesn't, really...the shop I work for selss henna stuff, I just get it really cheap from them and mix it myself." She smiled at the two of them, though shaking her head as they conversed.

Anna: "Oh you work for a shop?" Anna shuffled a little, "What do you do there? Do they sell cool stuff?" She looked up at Wade, "And yes, plastic cheese is what they put on burgers. Surely you know that?" She disregarded the other questions because he really didn't deserve encouraging.

Raya: "I make pottery stuff, that they sell...I don't actually go there to work, I just do the pottery." She shrugged. "The owner doesn't mind."

Wade: "You do pottery? What a coincidence, the other day I made a plate to go with a bowl." Wade said.

Anna: "Wow you make pottery?" She had to resist the urge to bounce, "Ooooh teach me?! I promise not to break anything!" she gave Raya her best puppy-eyed look

Raya: "I will, it's easy to learn," she said, finishing the second go over with the henna as she looked up. "You can find me in there a lot of the time, if I'm not in class."

Anna: "Oh I'm definately coming to find you when I have some free time!" Anna grinned, "I always wanted to learn how to make pots and things. It's messy and therefore fun."

Wade: Wade's can made sputtering noises until it died completely "Nuuu! My can! I'm bored. You kids have fun, I'm gonna go check up on my site if there's anything that needs done. I do so hope there's something really big that needs delivering, like zebra, or a llama...hehehe, llama, I like that word. Llama." he said as he walked out the room.

Anna: Anna watched Wade leave, "That is one weird weird guy....." She muttered, "I wouldn't be surprised if the men in white coats showed up one day...."

Raya: "I think they're too afraid to..." Raya shook her head, scooping her hair back out of the way. "He's pretty...strange."
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Wade totally cracked me up!!!! Killjoy instead of Kilroy! And bazookas! and ... everything! I wish he could visit my fic and interact with my OC ... they'd tear the place up!
"However you can help me with my biology homework. Let me cut you open?"
Okay, *try* to convince me she hasn't been eavesdropping on Monet et Jason. She can really keep up with W's banter, too, dare I say ... tit for tat?

"he really didn't deserve encouraging" although everyone needs a hobby, and it seems safer than, say, snowboarding. Maybe.

This was soooo incredibly fun to read. Like pep pills without the actual pills.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Elfdame wrote:
"However you can help me with my biology homework. Let me cut you open?"
Okay, *try* to convince me she hasn't been eavesdropping on Monet et Jason. She can really keep up with W's banter, too, dare I say ... tit for tat?

"he really didn't deserve encouraging" although everyone needs a hobby, and it seems safer than, say, snowboarding. Maybe.
Lol it was so much fun to play that instance. And Anna enjoys silly conversations like that so I can imagine she'd keep up with Wade pretty well until he managed to say something that broke her 'cause, lets face it, it wouldn't happen the other way around :P
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Svartfreja wrote: I can imagine she'd keep up with Wade pretty well until he managed to say something that broke her 'cause, lets face it, it wouldn't happen the other way around
Give it time, girly, give it time. I think she's quite *clever* and can learn to worm her way into anything she really wants.

This relationship bears watching ...
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."