4/16 Instance: Quitting Time

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

timeline: after Relationship Math

Rogue: Rogue spread the peanut butter over one slice of bread, then put the grape jelly on the other slice. "Mmm. Nothin' like a traditional P.B. an' J." She put the sides together and smooshed it a bit before cutting it in half and moving to sit at her usual stool at the island.

rachel: Rachel eyed the sandwich and shook her head, leaning forward to rest her head against her arms, "Ew, jelly."

Rogue: "Guessin' it's good Ah didn't make it f' y'all then." Rogue stuck her tongue out then brought the sandwich up to take a bite. "Ah love it. Was mah lunch staple item as a kid."

rachel: "Probably, but I would've ate it anyway if you had," she poked her tongue out back.

Rogue: "Yup. 'Cause y'all like food. An' if it's free who're y'all ta complain. Right?" Rogue rolled her eyes and took another bite. "Oh, an' not burned," she grinned.

rachel: "Yeah, pretty much," Rachel nodded, "Not burned is definitely a plus, too. Though, I'm more than capable of making myself a sandwich. Luckily, I'm not hungry right now."

Rogue: "So long as it don't involve toasted bread, hmm?" Rogue grinned and pushed up to go get a coke from the fridge. "Ya sure ya don't want anythin' while Ah'm up?"

rachel: "Hey, I can use the toaster. The issues start with the microwave..." She shook her head, "Nope. I'm good. Thanks though."

Rogue: "Well, Ah dunno. Ah distinctly remember tha toaster collidin' with ya head," she grinned over her shoulder then looked back to shut the fridge. Rogue cracked open the can as she moved back to her stool. "So how're things goin'?"

rachel: Rachel shifted slightly, rubbing her forehead where the toaster had hit her, "Yeah... well... that was kinda out of my control. What things, specifically?"

Rogue: "Just things... School, weddin' plans, work." Rogue shrugged, "What other things would Ah be talkin' 'bout?"

rachel: She gave a shrug, "Was just wondering if you wanted to know about one of those specifically. I'm surviving classes, Megatokyo hasn't been the death of me... yet, got a new tattoo, want two more tattoos, and we have an idea of a time and I picked out my bridesmaids."

Rogue: "Would hope classes an' work wouldn't kill ya. What'd ya get? What do ya want? Awesome! When? An' who?" Rogue replied to the answers as quick as Rachel as supplied them, grinning the whole time.

rachel: "I'd offer to show you if we weren't in the kitchen, but it's a tribal spider between my shoulder blades. I really, really want to get Oogie Boogie on my ribs since I have Jack on one side already, though I want to get it done in pieces. All at once really sucked. Then, I'm thinking about getting another star on my hip."

rachel: And onto the part she'd rather avoid... "Octoberish and Neena and Cess."

Rogue: "Sounds cool," she grinned, "An' y'all're gonna have a constellation on ya body one o' these days." Rogue took a drink and picked the sandwich back up, "October's pretty." Wait... Cessily? She put the sandwich down and just blinked at Rachel. Well fuck. If that's what she wanted though... "Alright gal. But Ah hereby resign."

rachel: "I hope not since I don't plan on getting any other stars," she returned the grin, which faded slightly as she blinked, "What? Why?"

Rogue: "'Cause ya weddin' should be a good experience f' y'all. Just can't imagine it'd be good if Ah cain't control mah temper." She sighed and pushed her plate away a bit. "Ah'll still come an' be a guest if ya want, but Ah ain't gonna stand in ya line with her an' Ah ain't gonna do any kind o' plannin' 'r shoppin' with her. It just won't work."

rachel: Rachel chewed on her lip and slowly let out a breath, "Well, who the hell else am I supposed to find? I don't have any other close friends and don't tell me to go make one."

Rogue: "Ah don't know, hun. Ask Lorna?" Rogue shrugged and got up to dump the rest of her sandwich, not hungry anymore.

rachel: "I don't have any problems with Lorna, but I said close friends," she rolled her eyes, sitting up to spin around on her stool and lean back against the counter with a sigh, "Can you at least try? ...Please?"

Rogue: "Nope. Sorry hun. Just... bump Neena up ta maid o' honor an' ask Lorna ta be in ya line. She is ya friend ain't she? Or ask Moon'r somebody."

rachel: "She is, yeah... but not like anyone could replace you..."

Rogue: "Ain't sayin they should. Just gotta pick a new bridesmaid... Or hell, ya could just have two." She shrugged again. She didn't like doing this to Rachel, she felt like she was making her choose between friends, but she really did want her to enjoy the wedding and wedding planning and Rogue couldn't promise how she would react.

rachel: Rachel shook her head, "Whatever. I'll figure something out."

Rogue: "Be mad at me all ya want, but ya gonna enjoy yaself better if Cessily an' Ah are kept seperate."

rachel: "I'm not mad at you..." she paused for a moment, glancing over at Rogue, "Okay, I'm slightly irritated... but I'll deal, I guess."

Rogue: "C'mon, Rae, ya had ta have some idea o' how Ah was gonna react."

rachel: "You're taking it better than I imagined except for the whole quitting part."

Rogue: "Ah ain't gonna put y'all through hell durin' what's supposed ta be one o' tha happiest times in ya life. Sorry, charlie. No go."

rachel: Rachel rolled her eyes, "I've already been through hell, and wedding planning doesn't even begin to compare to what I'm thinking of."

Rogue: "Oh hush. Ah dont even wanna bring that up right now." Rogue sighed and moved to the sink, stripping her gloves so she could do the dishes that people had left.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Whaaaaaaa!? Oh, she's totally making her choose between friends. I would have kicked her ass.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

She's removing herself from a situation where she doesn't think she can control herself. That's smart. ask any anger management person. LOL
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Yeah, sorry, but I'm personally voting for 'bitchy' on that move - anger management or no anger management. If it's a friends wedding you suck it up. So sayeth the paws book of etiquette, which granted is a bit...hmm, I don't want to say not the norm but it's definitely not miss manners.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

If Rogue thought she could just "suck it up" she would have. but she doesn't trust herself or her temper. she doesn't want to ruin it for rachel.
ImageImage

Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Bratty kid, that Rogue :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Oh my, and poor Cess has no clue about all the fuss going on around her. :(
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I think Rogue is smart to recognize her own imperfections. This is getting to be a bit too close to my real life. Not that I'd punch anyone's lights out, wedding or no.

Haven't been keeping up so I don't know what Cess did to Rogue, but if it's that bad then, no, she shouldn't force herself to act all buddy-buddy. Not a perfect solution, but a realistic one.

Then again, on a scale of 1-10 for people skills, I'm in The Negative Zone.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I side with Paws, but a character is a character and the player chooses what she does. Rogue should still be involved 'course, and I'm sure she still will be. She can also join Ben/Neena's.
FREUDIAN SLIP (hope no one caught it)

[Edited on 17/4/09 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Slarti »

Well, that's part of it. Cess hasn't really directly done anything that I would consider more than simply irritating to Rogue.
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

Wow...I read that and just wonder who pissed in Rogue's wheaties this morning.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

*Ben raises his hand* Sorry.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

alright, peeps, I will make time to read whatever Instance spurred all this Roguey rumbling if you'll kindly post a link. Noticed she's been referring to her bad vibes against the silverCessna, but don't know what sparked it.

Thx.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

Closure

Rogue vents about it to Remy in that instance so basically, its a summary of why she doesn't like Cess.
ImageImage