4/17 Instance: The Miracle Worker

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline Current, set after 'What the Henna is he talking about'.

teagan: Teagan was miserable, absolutely miserable. She sat at the kitchen table, stirring her slice of lemon in the water with a long spoon. She listened to the tinkling of the metal against the ice cubes and the glass and let it echo in her head. Can she hear it? Could everyone hear it? She was becoming paranoid lately...

teagan: She always turned around quickly when a fellow student called her name, hoping it was another dead body or dead voice calling to her. But alas, this was not the case and continued not to be. She was becoming seriously concerned. Was it the surgery?

Anna: Anna bounced into the kitchen, wearing a skirt and her flipflops to show off her brand new henna tatoo on her foot courtesy of Raya. Heading straight for the fridge, she barely noticed Teagan but she heard the tinkling sound, "Oh hi!" She waved at her then reached into the fridge for some juice.

teagan: She waved back and sighed. "Hi Anna."

Anna: Anna pulled out the carton of orange juice and closed the fridge, going to get a glass, "What's up?" She asked, "You seem kinda down?"

teagan: "Yeah. Well, most people would argue that what I'm 'down' about is actually good, but uh... I can't hear the dead voices anymore." She frowned a bit. Saying it out loud was even more depressing.

Anna: "Oh...." Anna pulled out a glass and poured some juice, "Um... want some?" She shook the carton, "And I can see why that would be bad... guess you're lonely without them?"

teagan: "Well... I guess you could say it's lonely. I will tell ya though, I am definitely feeling rather useless here..." She looked at the orange juice and honestly contemplated it. "Nah, " she said. "Not for me..."

Anna: Anna shrugged, "Your loss." She took the carton and the glass and sat down opposite Teagan, "So why do you feel useless? You can do other stuff too, right?"

teagan: "Well... I mean I can't die, but like... I feel like I did this to myself. With my recent surgery, y'know? So I feel like I've screwed myself up. And since that's happened... I feel like it's a sign that the next time I... y'know 'die'... I'll go for good."

teagan: "I'm too scared to test that..." She frowned even more and went back to stirring the lemon and the ice. "I mean... I still want to, but I gotta think of Amara, Selene, the baby, really good friends now... y'know?"

Anna: Anna frowned, "Why would that have made a difference? Just made you able to feel things, right? You'd think that'd help." She was confused, "And why don't you just test it with some safety things in place... some how..." she wasn't sure where she was going with that so she stopped talking and drank some juice.

teagan: "Like what? A paramedic? I think Doc McCoy has enough on his plate with all the preggers running around." She rolled her eyes at the idea of more girls getting pregnant. She wasn't sure how much more she could take.

Anna: Anna giggled, "Ok so maybe not McCoy but he's not the only medic around the place." She had another sip, "Maybe trying to heal you again would help?" Wow she really had to stop voicing every thought that came into her head. "I mean... uh.... least time you said it made you fresh dead right?" She wrinkled her nose, "Wouldn't that be like dying again only skipping the dying part?"

teagan: "Uh..." She thought about that. "Y'know... I think yeah... yeah that might work. Anna! You're a genius! Can we try it?"

Anna: "Uh... sure...?" She wasn't that sure really, "And if that fails you can try stabbing yourself with one of the knives in here - I'm fairly sure I can heal that too...." She'd already tested herself on stab wounds.

teagan: "Oookay... How do we do this, like last time? Or do we need to exchange some kind of magical healers kiss?" She shrugged, knowing well she was kidding but laughing internally at the idea of Anna taking her last idea seriously.

Anna: Anna blinked, blushing slightly, "Er... the same as last time should work." She got up and moved round the table so she could reach Teagan better. "Ready?"

teagan: "Define ready..." she said, unsure if this idea was good or not. "Wait... let me just..." She took a deep breath and blew it out slowly. "Okay... I'm pretty right? Tell me I look good... if I die I don't want to look like a long dead corpse... just a briefly dead one."

Anna: Anna chewed her lip, what did she say to that? "You look fine to me...." She reached out, "You sure you want me to do this? Don't want to rethink or write a note?"

teagan: "Everyone who knows me knows what I want to say." She said assuredly but with a nervous smile. "Okay... let's go." She held her hand out and touched Anna's. It was soft.

teagan: Oh, Shit... the belt's on!

Anna: Anna still hadn't gotten control of her power and she didn't have time to respond before she felt the heal leave her. "Shit! I wasn't ready!"

teagan: "Gah!" Teagan buckled under the sudden sensation and fell to the floor, however her resilience wouldn't allow her to let go. "Ahhh! Ahhhhhh!!" She was feeling thunderbolts of pain as all her cuts, gashes, bruises, everything, opened and reopened, tore apart and healed again.

teagan: And the pain was excruciating. It wasn't bite your teeth and bear through it pain either... it was awful.

Anna: Anna shrieked and covered her mouth with her free hand, Teagan looked like she was in a lot of pain and it was unpleasant to watch but more to the point, she was still holding tight to Anna's other hand.

Anna: She tried to pull free but the other girl's grip was too strong and it was hurting a lot. Ohgodshe'sgoingtobreakmyfingers!!! "Teagan!! Let. Go!" She said as loudly and clearly as she could. "You need to let go!"

teagan: "Gah!" She dropped to the floor and shook repeatedly, violently even. She tried to sit up as her pain and cuts came over and over in waves. Her head hit the kitchen table as she backed up against the table, knocking plates over and displacing the legs of the small table. "Ooooooow!!"

teagan: She held her stomach as the cut from the plank of wood back in the kitchen during the invasion opened itself back up. "Ow! Owowowow! AAhhhhiiee!"

Anna: "Teagan, turn your belt off!" Anna hopped uncertainly from foot to foot, not having a clue what to do, "Teagan for God's sake!! Pull yourself together!!"

teagan: She slapped the button on her belt, barely able to hear the voice of Anna as she shouted. The pain stopped, but the cuts kept coming. Soon though, they faded and she returned to her previous state of deadness. "Wow..." She looked at her bloodied white wife beater. "Glad I didn't wear any of my bras today... I only have that expensive Victoria's Secret shit."

teagan: She laid under the kitchen table, her shirt sticky in her own blood and her arm pits damp from her own blood, and her knees and shins in their own blood, and her neck and scalp covered in blood. But she felt great. "Wow... that was... that was something huh?" She looked up to Anna. "Fun times, huh?"

Anna: "Owww......" was all Anna could say. Now that her hand was free and she'd stopped stressing she was pretty sure something had gotten broken in there. She looked down at Teagan, "Um... did it work?"

teagan: "I don't know... but I think I hurt your arm huh?" She got up and looked at it. "Wow... did I break your wrist... or hand or something?"

Anna: "Uh... I think a couple of fingers.... but it's okay, they've been broken before and it's for a good cause this time as opposed to just cookies." She grinned then winced as she tried to bend her fingers. Yep. Definately broken. She sighed. "Feel kind of tired too... don't think I've ever had to heal the same thing repeatedly for that long before without a rest.... and being dead is a pretty major heal."

teagan: "Holy crap... that was exhilarating. Wow... Wait... holy shit!" She turned her head around. "I hear someone! I..." She turned around and there, in the door way, was Anne. "Great..."

Anna: Anna looked between Teagan and the empty doorway, completely confused now, "Er... well?? Is that a yes?" She figured she should probably get down to the medlab but it could wait. She wasn't finished with her juice.

Teagan: "Sadly... yeah. It's my dead, ex-girlfriend, but that's okay." She gave Anna a bloody hug. "Thank you." She said softly and honestly. "You're a nice girl, y'know that?" She pecked her on the cheek and sighed as she walked over to the door and shielding her face with her hand, quickly stepping through the frame.

Teagan: "I don't see youuu, I don't see you." She said, with a half-smile. It felt good to ignore them again.

Anna: Anna felt vaguely ill at the messy hug but she smiled at Teagan, "You're welcome," she told her. Anna watched her head off down the hall, "Anyone'd think she hated that ability..." She shook her head, picked up her juice and decided it could come to the medlab with her... or to Josh, then she wouldn't have to explain.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

A very, very cute Instance. Well written and fun characters ... Lucy and Ethel in Mutant form.
Anna: "Uh... sure...?" She wasn't that sure really, "And if that fails you can try stabbing yourself with one of the knives in here - I'm fairly sure I can heal that too...." She'd already tested herself on stab wounds.
Oh, I LOVE this girl!!!
"Okay... I'm pretty right? Tell me I look good... if I die I don't want to look like a long dead corpse... just a briefly dead one."
And I love that girl, too!!! (but not "that way" so don't get excited, alright)

teagan: And the pain was excruciating. It wasn't bite your teeth and bear through it pain either... it was awful.
Sounds like my stepkids describing childbirth, and
Ohgodshe'sgoingtobreakmyfingers!!!
is exactly how I felt holding hands when my stepdaughter was in labor!

She figured she should probably get down to the medlab but it could wait. She wasn't finished with her juice.
I admire someone who can set her priorities.

It felt good to ignore them again.
Kinda like when the kids come to visit.

And then read Starfish's sig line:"If you weren't all busy dying, I bet we'd share a big laugh over it." - Layla Miller

Moral of the story: Be Careful What You Ask For Oh yeah.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Wow, that couldn't be any more crack even if you snorted it off a dead hooker's ass.
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Yet the concept is so simple ... which proves the writing talent and cleverness of the roleplayers.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Slarti wrote:Wow, that couldn't be any more crack even if you snorted it off a dead hooker's ass.
LOL nice analogy Slarts :P Thanks. XD
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6