04/18 Instance: Inner Workings

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Timeline Current, set after 'The Miracle Worker'.

Anna: Anna sighed and flexed her fingers, then took another drag on her cigarette. That was the last time she was healing Teagan. She blew out a collumn of smoke, and stuffed her newly repaired hand in her pocket. Josh had given her the oddest look when she'd told him how it'd happened.

Wade: Wade cocked his head while looking at Anna deep in thought. The light breeze outside on the patio blew the smoke away. In his right hand he had a stick. It was a sturdy stick, one which he lifted up to hold up, behind Anna. *poke poke poke poke poke poke* "HI BANANNA!" Wade yeld. He wondered if that was a nice subtle entrance.

Anna: Anna shrieked in surprise and threw her cigarette up in the air, turning quickly to see who it was even though she could guess well enough. "Wade!!" She yelled, "Don't creep up on people like that! It's rude! And you scared the b'Jesus out of me!"

Wade: "Did you know the surgeon general said smoking can cause cancer and other ailments?" He went on without even blinking an eye at her surprise. *poke poke poke*

Anna: Anna caught the end of the stick and held onto it, "Yes I know that, my mam's always on about it too. But the way I see it, we all have to go sometime and I reckon my clumsiness'll get me before the fags do." She pulled her box out of her pocket again to get another one since the first had rolled away from her and was smoking itself somewhere.

Wade: "What's the Village People's fanclub got to do with you smoking? Honestly you really not all there in the head." Wade tried to poke her head with the stick, not getting anywhere and repeated, "you really not all there in the head.....you gotta let go of that end if you want me to poke you in the head."

Anna: "Since I don't want you to poke me in the head I think I'll just keep hold of it." She pulled a cigarette out of the box with her mouth then swapped the box for her lighter. "And a fag is a cigarette. What do they teach you people? And as for the not all there in the head, you're a fine one to talk." She lit her cigarette and put her lighter away.

Wade: "If you keep holding at the end of my mighty hard poking stick, I won't let you play coroner coroner with meeee." he said, holding his side of the stick rather close to his groin.

Anna: Anna raised an eyebrow and extracted the cigarette from her mouth, "Beg your pardon? Play coroner? Don't you have to be dead for that?"

Wade: Wade snorted and guffawed, "If you wanna go into technicalities then you'll first have to get a doctor's degree."

Anna: "Actually I plan to. That's why I'm taking biology. If I do well, McCoy said he'd teach me the fun stuff." She grinned and finally released the stick, "Mam's a nurse." She added, "So I wanna be a doctor. It'd be fun and any really hard cases can get the old poke 'em and flash treatment." She wiggled her fingers at him.

Wade: Wade stood stunned with an open mouth. "I would love a doctor like you to flash me." then faked a cough, "I feel a little ill doctor, mind taking off that top?" he asked, starting to raise his stick to poke her breast.

Anna: Anna eyed the end of the stick. "Poke me with that again and you will qualify for a coroner's exam. And I think you may have misunderstood me. I don't have healing boobies. I have healing hands. My healing ability is accompanied by a flash of white light. It's quite pretty."

Wade: "Oh, well, that's a bit disappointing on the adult filter side of life, but the pg rating gives a thumbs up at the idea of white flashes." He pointed the stick back down to the patio floor, and leaned on it like The Tramp would, "So need some practice at hacking and slashing?"

Anna: Anna tapped the excess ash onto the floor and rubbed it into the flagstones with the toe of her boot, "Are you volunteering to let me cut you open?" She looked up at him, "That seems like it would really hurt.... I mean, I know I suggested it first but I was only joking, you know that, right?" She cocked her head on one side. "Though I have to admit it would be interesting...."

Wade: Wade stared at her for a while, his stick was starting to crack. "You think way too much, you know that?" the stick cracked and broke, he fell and hit his head against the floor. "...........how'd I get down here?"

Anna: Anna giggled, "You're a very odd guy, Wade." She stubbed her cigarrette out, "I think as much as I can. Thinking stops me doing which prevents injury. Speaking of... you alright?"

Wade: *Yawn* What did I miss? Oh she looks hot, tried getting her to bed yet? "Yes....no...wait, I'm not sure, you are really tall from down here." He said and got up.

Anna: Anna blinked, "Uh... thank you?" How the heck where you supposed to reply to that? "You okay now?" She hovered uncertainly, her hands a little outstretched. When she realised this, she stuffed them back in her pockets. No healing people without asking. Though he probably didn't need it anyway. Still it was polite to ask first, right?

Wade: "I might be. Test." Check. Test. "Yup awesomely okay," giving a thumbsup and then saw the broken stick on the floor, "Aww, that was best poking stick, the perfect length. Good thing I got a spare in the room, know anywhere we can cut me up?" he said in one breath.

Anna: "Uh...." Anna frowned, "Um... nope.... well... aside from the obvious place, being the medlab. But I'm not sure how McCoy would take to that.... But if he isn't there....?" She grinned.

Wade: "To the medlab!" Wade said rather loudly pointing in a pose to the doors going inside.

Anna: ((--------Time passes--------))

Anna: Anna poked her head round the door and looked around, "Doesn't look like he's here?" She said over her shoulder to Wade, and stepped in, "Free twinkies!" She called. Silence. "Nope, we're good." She grinned.

Wade: "Oh dahling it's so clean and spacious, I love what you did with the dinner table, the metal look is so in this year, not to mention vials and flasks with colored bubbling liquids...I wonder what's in here. "he said opening a refridgerator. "Ooh, colored bubbling liquids. Want some soda?"

Anna: Anna giggled, "No I think I'll pass," She looked around some more, "It's weird being in here with no Doc." She pulled at one of the curtains that hung by the beds, "But at least it's not cold in here. Then it'd be way creepy..." She shivered despite the warm.

Wade: "What we need now is pyramid head." Wade suggested grabbing vial with yellowish liquid in it, squinting and putting it back and finally closing the fridge door. He paused, opened it, grabbed a twinkie at the back, and closed it again.

Anna: "Ew no thanks... he looks grubby." Anna replied, tossing Wade a grin. "So... you wanna hop up onto one of these things and I'll go get some stuff to chop you up with?" She found a box of rubber gloves and pinged one at his head.

Wade: "Hot dang, woman, you want me bad, don'tcha? I remember this one girl," he opened the twinkie packet and bit half of it in his mouth, "Mfwhuwaw fhwawuwmnom nomfwa" he swallowed, "So I said 'Yeah sure, and she was completely covering me with hot sauce, which I might add has a slight tingle to it at certain areas on the body." He hopped on to the table, reclining on his side on it, giving naughty eyes at her.

Anna: Anna giggled again and went to find some sharp things. "Sounds like you've led an interesting life there, Wade." She called from inside a cuboard. There was a crash. "Whoops! I'll clean that up later...." She emerged with a tray of sharp pointies.

Wade: "It's like a candy store....for psychopaths. You wanna rip my shirt off like in ER? I can fake sickness if that'll help things." he suggested, picking up a tool from the tray that looked like some kind of ice pick for pixies.

Anna: Anna grinned, "If you want to wear that shirt again I suggest you take it off yourself. And are you sure you want to do this 'cause I don't know where he keeps that numbing jelly stuff...." She chewed her lip.

Wade: "Hey, as long you don't completely cut parts off I'm okay.....actually as long you don't cut one specific part off I'm okay with it." Dude! She wants you to take off your shirt! Try and get her to lose hers! "Speaking of which, how about you lose your shirt if I lose my shirt, huh? Huh?"

Anna: Anna raised her eyebrows, "I intend to stay away from the part I'm guessing you'll miss most." It certainly wasn't likely to be his head, that much she was sure of. "And why should I take my top off? You're the one getting cut open." Although it would minimise obvious blood stains....

Anna: She mentally slapped herself, she couldn't believe she was considering that!

Wade: "Oh come on, I'm letting you cut me open, just a leeeetle bit o'nipple?" He looked at her, "It'll help getting the blood flowin, and you did say you want to check out my circulation."

Anna: Anna rolled her eyes, "If I take my shirt off, will you sit still and shut up?" She glared at him, "And I'm not flashing you any nipple. It's bra on or nothing."

Wade: Boobies!"Boobies!" Wade cheered and his shirt flew off his body. "How about the pants? Wanna see how for down my aorta goes?" he lied back down on the table.

Anna: "If you take your pants off you will be in danger of losing something you consider valuable." She grinned wickedly, then pulled her top off and put it on one of the other beds. She chewed the inside of her cheek, "You really sure you want me to cut you open?" She had her suspicions that he was also curious about looking inside.

Wade: "If I wasn't, then my hands wouldn't be groping the air in front of your boobies like I'm doing now." Honk honk, honkhonkhonk, honk honk "You know, thinking about it, with my healing, and you willing to lose the skirt, and maybe a panty, I'm willing to see if it grows back or reattaches."

Anna: Anna slapped his hands away, "Keep those to yourself. Perv." She poked her tongue out at him, "And my remaining clothes are staying where they are." For now She mentally slapped herself again. Bad! She pulled on some gloves and looked over the instruments on the tray.

Wade: "You better not want to be a proctologist when you're older, because that's atleast second date stuff." He said, eyeing the gloves on her hands, and then eyeing the sharp instruments. Hang on...she going to use that? Dude, w t f have you gotten me into now? Is there atleast something to get drunk on? "Starting to wonder if I should drink something for the pain...not that I'm not manly or anything, but is there any alcohohol around this lab?"

Anna: Anna shrugged, "There might be the stuff for sterilising but I don't know if you should drink it.... I can have a look though?" She wandered back to the cupboard. There was another crash, "Owwww...." She came back out again, "I think McCoy's been keeping something from us." She held up a bottle, "Though it could have been a student. It was well hidden in there." She rubbed her arm with her free hand.

Wade: "Ooh, I know him, we used to drink together, that old Jack, he's a fine man. Gimme!" he made grabbing hands at the bottle until she passed it on to him. "And it's new. Like they knew I was going to be in this predicament. How thoughtful. " he said and cracked open the cap. Taking a drink from it. "Ahhh, good stuff, want some?" he held the bottle up to her.

Anna: "I probably shouldn't but I never have been able to say no to whiskey." Anna accepted the bottle, took a healthy swig and handed it back to Wade, pulling on some fresh gloves and picking up a scalpel. "Ready when you are."

Wade: Wade held up a finger, took a couple more swigs, and lowered the bottle, giving the thumbs up. "Ready if you're, Bones." No wait, hang on, I'm not drunk...ah screw it, cut me, baby. "One more time." Wade sang.

Anna: "Okay then!" Anna grinned and leaned to cut into Wade's chest, being extra careful not to touch him with her bare skin or she'd undo the work and that'd be very annoying.

Wade: The second the scalpel touched skin he gave a yell.

Anna: Anna yelled too and slapped him, "Wade! For God's sake!" She took a deep breath then dug the scalpel in to compound the point. "You. Are. Evil." She told him.

Wade: Wade giggled, "I thought that it was funny....ooh, that tickles." He turned his head to the side and wondered if he could drink from the bottle while being cut up. Why think about it, gonna do it anyway.. He gave a 'you got a point' nod and brought the bottle to his mouth.

Anna: Anna cut down under his ribs and had to pick up some stuff to prop the 'wound' open because it kept trying to heal itself. She was also starting to wish they made longer gloves because keeping from touching him was getting awkward the deeper in she got. Of course if she was taller she wouldn't be in this mess either. She sighed and poked around some more.

Anna: This must be what it's like to be a surgeon... getting to poke about while stuff is still moving.... she watched the lungs inflate and empty again with an odd kind of fascination.

Wade: "And this is only for party tricks, you should see my stage performance, I go all out...owowow, don't touch that, I think that's important." This calls for more booze. He took another sip from the bottle. "You better not cut anything that's got to do with my digestion, I wanna keep this shiskey in me as long as possible."

Anna: "I'm trying not to." Anna told him, "I'm being as careful as I can... but it's hard 'cause your body wants to heal itself really badly." She quickly moved her hand as she realised she'd nearly touched him and hadn't got a clue what would happen if she was elbow deep in someone when she healed them.

Anna: "I'm also having trouble avoiding accidentaly healing you myself." She decided telling him would be better then if it happened it wouldn't be such a shock.

Wade: "Should have gone for the elbow length gloves then, Bananna..." Wade blinked, "Is that what you do? Oh wait, yeah, you told me that. Something to do with disco balls and laser lights. Hey...if you heal me now with your hand in me, will we be siamese twins? Same father different mother kind of siamese twins." Moar booze! And Wade took another swig.

Anna: "Uh I don't think you can be twins without being related, Wade. Sorry." She would have patted him if she wasn't all bloody and fondling his organs. "There are no elbow length gloves here. I would've used them then."

Anna: She looked around some more, "Good news is your liver still looks good so you can drink as much as you like." She gave said organ a poke to emphasise the point and grinned at him.

Wade: "Just keep your hands off my bladder, I like these pants dry for the moment, please and thanks you. Although, if your wanna poke something, have fun with my prostate if you want...no wait, don't , I like these pants dry for the moment, please and thank you." Boooooooze Swig he did take.

Anna: Anna laughed, "Don't worry, there's way too much stuff in the way for me to bother with either however entertaining that would be." She pulled her hands out. "I think that's enough exploring now anyway... unless you want me to take pictures?" She grinned to show she was joking.

Wade: "If you gonna take pics, you better have them blown up to fit a whole wall. If you gonna do something gross, you better do it thoro..." *Hic!* Wade blinked, "I think I got the the" *hic!* "cups." GURGLE! Wade took another swig from the bottle, and hiccupped into the bottle, whiskey made a fine spray from between his mouth and the bottle, and he hiccupped and coughed at the same time.

Anna: Anna laughed then leaned to watch the muscle spasm, "That is so cool!" She took off one of her gloves and pulled her phone out of her pocket to film it.

Wade: Wade gasped for air between coughs and hiccups, automatically trying to sitting up, and getting a stinging pain from his neck down. "God I hope the organs" *cough/hic* "stay in there." and then took a deep breath and held it in for a while.

Anna: Anna used her still gloved hand to pull the props out and let the hole close over at last. "Well." She said, watching Wade heal, "That was fun!"

Wade: Wade finally exhaled, "Hooooooo boy that's weird, you got that all? Can I see? Trade ya." he said, taking a drink from the bottle before holding it out to her.

Anna: Anna took the bottle and handed her phone over. "It's weird to see the inside of someone with hiccups. Bet I'm the only person ever to get that on film." She giggled and had a swig of whiskey, stepping closer to watch the video again.

Wade: Wade gave a couple blinks. The buttons on the cellphone was a little bit on the swirly side of drunkeness. "Which button is play again? This one or this one?"

Anna: Anna pointed then pressed the button for him, "That one. The other one was delete." She patted him on the shoulder. OHSHIT!!! Too late.

Wade: Everything went white, his whole body had a moment of tingly numbness rush across his body. For a moment he thought Anna actually found a way of killing him, and then wondered if dying really should feel this warm and not painful. Wade blinked, shaking his head. Shadows started forming and then started getting shape and colour. "What a rush. Hoo, wow." he took a breath.

Wade: Wade then noticed something on his body, or something not on his body. "My...oh wow, my scars are gone. Man I feel weird." he rubbed his head. "Umm, Anna, is that the healing thing you do?"

Anna: Anna put her face in her hands and nodded, "I'm so sorry! I'm such an idiot! I didn't mean to!" She lifted her head, "Are you mad at me?.... I sort of forgot you weren't wearing a top... jeeze, I should wear gloves all the time or somthing..." She was babbling and she knew it so she shut up.

Anna: She also realised that there was more healed than she expected. She didn't know what it was but it was something and something serious. But since it was now no longer a problem she decided against mentioning it.

Wade: "Huh? Oh, no, umm, no problem at all. Just feeling a little weird at the moment." Wade rubed his eyes and then scratched the back of his head. "I think I need to lie down somewhere."

Anna: "Uh... yeah... probably a good idea." She picked up her top and pulled it back on, "I'm really really sorry. I honestly didn't mean to. It was a total accident...." She put her phone back in her pocket, "I'm so stupid...." She picked up the used stuff and started to tidy it away, "Really sorry, Wade...."

Wade: "No nonono, stop apologising, you didn't do anything bad, you heal. Probably how it feels if you heal the drunk out of someone. Where's my shirt?" he asked sliding off of the table, holding on to it and finding himself not as wobbly as he thought he would be.

Anna: Anna retrieved his shirt and tossed it to him, "I know I can't help it but I really should ask first... Got rid of all your battle scars..." She pouted a little, "They looked cool." She went to the cupboard to tidy up the mess she'd made in there too. She was feeling so guilty she didn't even notice that Wade seemed to be talking like a normal person for the first time since they'd met.

Wade: "Battle? Oh, yeah, the scars are all gone, thanks. Guess I'll get laid now." the last part he mumbled more to himself as he pulled his shirt back on. He walked over to a mirror, looking at his reflection, turning his head from side to side.

Wade: He looked back at the examination table, "Hey, Anna, the, uhh, the blood, how do we clean that up again?" He looked at the bottle of Jack Daniels standing on the table. "Is it always so quiet in here, or is it just me?" he asked

Anna: Anna poked her head out of the cupboard and tossed Wade a roll of that blue paper towel stuff so he could clean up the blood. "It is kind of weird without the Doc here. But I'm not complaining. I don't think he'd have let me cut you open." She finished tidying and went to help Wade with the mopping. She frowned, "You seem different some how..." she chewed her lip, "I hope I didn't do something drastic there."

Wade: Wade was quiet for a moement, "Nope, don't think you did any harm. I feel fine. Now about this blood, get the place cleaned up before someone comes in and thinks we did something we shouldn't have. Seeing that we probably did." He said as he helped clean the place up.

Anna: Anna grinned, "Yep I'd say we definately did." She scrubbed until it was all clean. "Okay... I think we got it all." She looked around, "Can you see any we missed?"

Wade: "Nu-uh," he said. They finished up cleaning all they could and putting/throwing things away, "There. Place looks like how we got it. I think. Now about that lie-down. Unless you wanna grab something to drink." he asked.

Anna: Anna picked up the bottle, "Probably should take this with us. Imagine if McCoy got into it before class. Would be terrible." She said solemnly, "I think we should finish it since I can't see where the lid is. And then maybe we'll really need a lie down."

Wade: "Yeah, sure, can't disagree with that, so, recroom?" he asked, opening the door for her.

Anna: Anna smiled, "Sounds good to me," She took one last look around the room then followed him out.

[Edited on 18/4/2009 by steyn]
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

Ooooooooooooooh. No more Crazyhead.

That's kinda good--as my brain had about all it could really handle of the Loopy--and kinda not. Cause I sorta liked the Loopy, he was fun.

Kudos to both of you for that epicness, and really awesome Anna for the healing! :D
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.