4/17 Instance: Normal is in the Eye of the Patch Holder

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Timelined right after Trucks, Fucks and the Incredible Andy Patch

Bobby: Head tipped back, Bobby spun the chair again. The ceiling down here was... really boring. He unconsciously scratched at the patch on his arm and leaned in the chair to peer into the exam room. They were still busy, so he grabbed a pen to play with and kicked his feet up onto McCoy's desk.

Rogue: Rogue bit her lip as McCoy held out the patch for her. Holy crap. This was really happening. She couldn't help the big grin at the patch then realized he was talking. What? "Oh, um... Ah want it on mah hip. Harder ta pick at'r get bumped if it's under clothes, right?" She shifted her pants a bit down her hip so he could stick the patch to her. Rogue looked at his gloved hands and bit her lip again, wondering how soon it would work.

DrMcCoy: "Yes, certainly. Wherever you're most comfortable. For... later purposes it would be most prudent to keep it somewhere out of sight." Hank looked up from his task. "Though it is designed to resemble a standard nicotine patch."

DrMcCoy: "And, there you go!" Hank clapped his hands and rose from his examination stool, peeling off the gloves. "If you would please make a notation of anything unusual you might experience -- anything at all. And we can schedule your appointment in two days to check your blood, since your invulnerability shortly shouldn't pose a problem."

Rogue: Rogue glanced at the door, lip still stuck between her teeth, then back at Hank. "How... It works... Ah mean, Bobby said it started workin' real quick like..." Why was she nervous? There's no reason for it not to work. Maybe if she tried to fly or pick up something heavy before touching anyone...

DrMcCoy: "Actually, I have yet to read Mr. Drake's report, though theoretically, yes, it should work quickly. At least once the phage blocker has the opportunity to spread throughout your bloodstream." He frowned slightly in thought, then poked his head outside the door. "Mr. Drake, if you'd be so kind, please put my pen back together and join us."

Bobby: Bobby started and quickly dropped his feet to the floor. "Um. Suure." He stood and screwed the cap back onto the fancy fountain pen. "All patched up, Doll?"

Rogue: Rogue grinned, "Yup... How soon did y'all's start workin'? A few seconds? Couple minutes?" Please let it hurry. She looked down at the patch again before adjusting her pants to be worn correctly. Her hand pressed to the jeans over the patch, finding a weird comfort in its presence.

Bobby: "Well, about the time it took us to go upstairs and get ice cream." He shrugged. "We weren't exactly timing it. So, I guess a few minutes."

Rogue: Rogue sighed and fell back against the medlab bed. "Dangit. Ok... So Ah'll sit here f' a second then try somethin'... Could be jumpin' in too quick, but Ah want it ta work."

DrMcCoy: "In the words of Saint Augustine, 'Patience is the companion of wisdom.'" Hank gave her a friendly pat on the leg and moved to tidy his cabinet.

Bobby: "I think he meant chill, chica," Bobby snorted, nudging her legs out of the way to sit on the edge of the bed. He tickled her ankle, edging toward the skin above it. "Guess I could help you with that -- it'd be a test for sure."

Rogue: She pouted over at McCoy, "Ah think those words from a saint shouldn't count." Her gaze slid to Bobby and she jerked her ankle from him at the tickle, fighting the twitching of the corners of her lips. "Could just try ta throw ya 'cross tha room," she teased, "See how far ya'd make it."

Rogue: Rogue sighed and sat up peeling a glove off, "Ok, Ah ain't patient at all..." She held her hand out for Bobby and closed her eyes tight, bracing herself for more sex images.

Bobby: "But if you broke me, I wouldn't be able to fix myself and then Lorna would have to avenge me, and I wanna be conscious for the chick fight." Bobby grinned at her brightly, then looked down at her outstretched hand and scrunched up face.

Bobby: He shrugged and took it, watching her face for a reaction.

Rogue: Rogue felt his hand in hers and...nothing else. Her eyes shot open and she looked down at their hands then up at his face. She let go and tried to fly, getting nothing but gravity when she jumped. "It works!" She looked over at McCoy with a big grin and jumped at him in a near tackle, giving him an ecstatic kiss on the cheek. "Y'all're mah favorite genius!"

DrMcCoy: "Stars and garters!" Hank had turned to watch their banter, but the tackle took him off guard. "Well... I'm quite happy you're so pleased, my dear." He touched his cheek and laughed.

Bobby: Bobby tilted his head. She was really excited.

Rogue: Rogue pulled back to smile at Hank. "Thank y'all so much," she kissed his cheek again a little less emphatically then turned to Bobby, eyes shining with the promise of what this could mean. She tucked her gloves in her pocket and held her hand out for him. "C'mon! We gotta find a way ta celebrate." She paused for a moment. "Without lettin' Sam know..." She would not let him spoil her fun.

DrMcCoy: "You're most welcome." He gave her an appointment reminder for later and turned back to sorting his cabinet after bidding them farewell.

Bobby: Bobby made a face at that, but slid off the bed. "Poor, poor Sammy." He sighed and took her hand. "Well, we celebrated with ice cream." Among other things, but he wasn't reminding her of that again.

Rogue: Oh, right... Appointment. She made a mental note to remember that later and waved to McCoy as she pulled Bobby out of the medlab, getting a bit frustrated that it wasn't so easy anymore. "Ah wanna give nearly everybody a kiss on tha cheek'r a not-so-careful hug..." She leaned in to kiss his cheek and laughed when she still didn't get anything. "This is tha best thing ever."

Bobby: Bobby found it pretty funny that she couldn't drag him and decided to enjoy it, stopping in the hall when she kissed him. "You've got a good gimmick here to scare the shit out of people, you know."

Rogue: Rogue grunted when he stopped and she tried to keep going. "Hey!" She paused. Gimmick? "Ah don't get it..."

Bobby: He set his feet and laughed at her tugging. "For practical jokes! Just walk right up to somebody you always wanted to get and go 'Ah nevah did like you' and just give 'em the kiss of death. See how long it takes them to realize they're not on the floor."

Rogue: Rogue had to laugh at that and finally stopped tugging on him, but kept a hold of his hand. She was going to soak up every bit of this she could. "Now that's a good idea... Not sure who Ah'd do that to though... Oh wait... Yes Ah do. Jason." She gave him an evil grin.

Bobby: "Ha! There you go. That'd be fantastic. We should videotape it." He started to swing their joined hands, just to taunt her a bit, then yanked her to him. Bobby ruffled her hair, let her go with a shit-eating grin and then bolted for the stairs.

Rogue: "Hey!" Rogue shook her hair out then dashed after him, frustrated that she couldn't fly. Ok, touching? Great! No flight or strength? Horrible... "Y'all wait up!"

Bobby: Bobby finally stopped at the top of the stairs, cackling. "What's the matter, slowpoke?" Yeah, this was great.

Rogue: "Ok, that ain't fair." Rogue frowned and took the rest of the stairs two at a time so she could tackle him.

Bobby: A tackle that could normally put him through a wall was just funny now, though she was still strong. Bobby pried her hands off him, still laughing, and took a step back, cocking his head at her and then fixing her crazy hair. "But it's fun. Okay, so who you gonna get first?"

Bobby: He looked down at his watch. "Lorna's out of class, but she was calling my mom about the centerpieces or some shit."

Rogue: "Um... Ah dunno. Whoever we run inta?" She shrugged and started moving down the hallway, pausing at the word centerpieces. Rogue looked at him with a confused frown. "Centerpieces? F' what, hun?"

Bobby: He waved a hand. "Oh, y'know, for the..." Shit. She didn't know, did she? He thought he'd told her. He'd meant to tell her. "Um. That girl tux still fit, Doll?"

Rogue: Rogue stopped moving and just looked at him. "Should... Why? F' tha what?"

Bobby: "Well, remember how my parents weren't real happy about us getting married?" He rubbed at the back of his neck, internally facepalming for forgetting to tell her.

Rogue: "Yeah?" She tilted her head at him, "What 'bout it?"

Bobby: "We're getting a mulligan for them." He shrugged.

Rogue: "Gettin' a mulligan?" Rogue frowned and shook her head, "What's that mean?"

Bobby: She was starting to look annoyed, and who didn't know what a mulligan was? "I guess it's technically called a 'renewal of vows,'" he said, making air quotes. "Lorna's idea, actually, but it made my mom happier than a fat kid with cake."

Rogue: "Oh." She put her hands on her hips the frown growing deeper with confusion and maybe a bit of hurt feelings. "How come y'all didn't tell me? Ah mean... If ya want me ta be in it, shouldn't Ah have known by now? Of course... If ya don't that's alright, too... But then why bring up mah tux?"

Bobby: He sighed. "I'm sorry. Like you said... we've just been busy, and I forgot. Mom and Lorna have been doing a lot of it. To be honest, I don't know that we're having anybody in it -- 'cause it's not really a wedding wedding, you know? It's more a party with a side of re-wedding."

Rogue: "Then why ask 'bout mah tux?" Now she was extremely confused.

Bobby: "Be...cause.... I was looking for a clever segue?" Bobby put on a bright grin for her.

Rogue: Rogue had to laugh at his grin, "Yeah, ok. So when is it?" She started walking again, grabbing his hand and giving it a tug to try and make him go with her.

Bobby: "In April." He fell into step with her. "Just in time for our one year anniversary."

Rogue: "So, soon then. Alright, cool." Rogue tilted her head, "Ah wonder... If Ah drink with one o' these patches on how soon it'd take me ta get drunk... Should probably test that 'fore Ah drink anythin' at ya weddin'..."

Bobby: Bobby gave her a sidelong glance. "You know, that's a month off still. Surely you don't want essence of Andy on you that long?"

Rogue: "Ah could get another when it wears off..." She put her hands to either side of his face, skin against skin, proving her point. "Ah could be normal."

Bobby: He sighed and covered her hand with his own. "Yeah. I know." He moved away and relaced their fingers, starting to walk down the hall again. "Just... be careful. McCoy doesn't know yet, I mean, anything, really. That's why we're guinea pigs and all."

Rogue: "Ah don't mind bein' a guinea pig, Bobby... It works an' that's all that matters... Ah can touch." She squeezed his hand a bit and gave him a sappy smile, "Somethin' Ah never thought Ah could do again."

Bobby: "Without getting possessed by a bee anyway?" Speaking of... "We're keeping all our clothes on this time, by the way."

Rogue: Rogue laughed about that, "Ah had no idea they came off b'fore, hun. Ah still don't remember from mah own memories. So they won't be comin' off now." She rolled her eyes and kept walking, "Let's see who mah first victim's gonna be..."

[Edited on 18-4-2009 by Slarti]
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Bobby: She was starting to look annoyed, and who didn't know what a mulligan was? "I guess it's technically called a 'renewal of vows,'" he said, making air quotes. "Lorna's idea, actually, but it made my mom happier than a fat kid with cake."

LMAO!!!

And yeah. Sammy's gonna be thrilled to bits she's voluntarily poisoning herself. :P
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

How can he be so upset when she's so happy? :puppy
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

speaking of bees, when last was Rogue stung by a bee or bitten by a mosquito? She's like fresh meat for the insect world. *Gasp!* Kyle can lick her nao!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

LOL a looong time ago, steyn. and yes. yes he can :D
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone