4/17 Instance: Greenhouse Gossip

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Timeline current

Remy: Remy tipped his head back on the bench and sighed in bliss. "Who ever had dis idea? Remind me t' pay dem. Dis is great." The damp muggy heat of the greenhouse was perfect, pungent with dirt and green growing things and above all...just blissfully warm and remincent of home.

Raya: Raya enjoyed teh greenhouse, because it trapped so much heat, and was usualyl dry and warm, even on rainy days. So she tried growing a few plants; mostly of the 'can live with little water' variety, as she consistently forgot to actually water them. Maybe growing desert plants would be easier...

Mayhem: Mayhem sidled through the plants, smoking pipe in mouth, sleeves of his shirt rolled up and dreadlocks pulled into a ponytail. It was bloody warm in here, and smelt damp and earthy. It also smelt of people. Smoking on his own got so boring after a while.

Raya: And the sun meant she could take off some outer clothes, too, and be comfortable. Hence why she was only in a cap-sleeve shirt and knee pants, showing off all the tattoos she'd done on herself. "It is really nice, isn't it?"

Bobby: Normally, he would hate this, but right now it felt pretty damn good. He fiddled with a pot in the corner, rubbing his thumb across a glossy leaf of some sort.

Remy: "Oui." He grinned and closed his eyes, melting back into the bench. "I could fall asleep so easy right now."

Hepzibah: The late afternoon sun felt good on her back as Hepz stretched out on bench. "Best napping place on the whole campus." She agreed with Remmy eyes closed, purring lightly.

Raya: "I only wish it were drier, and it would be perfect..." She shrugged idly. "But all the green is good. It reminds me of the oases near home."

Remy: "An' isn't it d' cat dat always finds d' best an' warmest spot? Shoulda known t' follow y' before, petite."

Mayhem: Mayhem got closer to the group, recognising three of the four voices and scents and shrugging at the forth. New people. He ducked past a rather large specimen of...possibly a cheese plant and ambled into the little circle of benches. "Alright there my lovers?" He grinned around his pipe.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah rolled over and grinned at the cajun. "There are some things I know. I have my uses." She caught a scent and looked up. "Hey Mayhem."

Bobby: It reminded him of home too, which reminded him he needed to call his mother back. Shit. Like he cared about the centerpieces! Bobby looked up at the new voice. "And there's trouble." He gave his smoking buddy a grin.

Raya: "Mayhem!" Raya greeted him with a smile, brushing at the last bits of henna still suck on the corner of her eye. "You finally found us."

Benjamin: Ben saw Mayhem smoking the pipe from his corner and waved to him. "Bah! No bueno!" Bad!" He waved to him again, frantically, turning off the hose. "In a green house? Nuuu!"

Remy: He cracked an eye. "That's d' new kids name? Trouble? How does dis not surprise me?"

Raya: "He's actually really nice."

Mayhem: "Trouble? Me? I'm hurt, Bobby." Mayhem grinned, nodding to the others and sticking his free hand in his pocket, taking his pipe out of his mouth. He looked at the boy he didn't know, raising an eyebrow. "Mayhem De Noir, actually. Why, who're you?"

Bobby: "Well, close enough." He laughed, leaning against a flower box and ducking Ben's flail.

Hepzibah: "I like the pipe, Ben." Hepz sighed, pouting slightly. "Reminds me of home. Why is everyone invading the greehouse today?"

Remy: He yawned. "Remy." His eye slid shut again. "I'd be more friendly if I wasn't so dang sleepy."

Raya: "Because it's warm and dry and better than out there," Raya supplied, pointing out to the lawn. "It's too cold out there, it never gets warm until summer." Raya slid her hair back into its knot at her nape as she continued transferring plants to bigger containers. She was aiming to have one in her room...maybe a bunch of plants in one big
pot.

Mayhem: "And smoking on your own gets boring after a while." Mayhem winked at Bobby.

Bobby: Bobby moved over to another plant. This one seemed to have buds. Buds meant flowers. His mom wanted him to help pick flowers.... "Hey, what kind of flower is this?" He chuckled at Mayhem and gave him a half salute.

Benjamin: "Bah! Smoking is bad for a green house, screws up the system! Smoke is just as bad for plants as it is people, it's still a living, vital, breathing, organism!" He took the water hose with the fertilizer attachment and began to soak the plants. "It's okay..." He whispered to one of the cacti. "I'll turn the vents on..."

Mayhem: Mayhem eyed up the other kid, tail ticking, before edging away slightly. "Yeah...you do that."

Bobby: "Dude. Crack's bad for people too, Ben." He eyed the other guy.

Hepzibah: Giving up all hope of being able to finish her nap, Hepz sat up. "All very good points," she smiled, stretching and yawning, revealing her fanged canines. "Wow. That boy really loves his plants." She laughed at Ben.

Remy: Remy recracked his eye, looked, and closed it again. "A pink one, mon ami."

Raya: "Four O'clock," she checked the watch on her wrist, "It won't open for another hour..." Raya gave Ben an odd look at the vent comment.

Bobby: "Helpful, Rem. You would be able to recognize pink." He snorted. "I meant real name. Yo, Ben, you must be on speaking terms with it. So what is it?"

Remy: He flipped Bobby the bird, but it came with a lazy grin. "Well y' know how helpful I am when it comes t' dat sorta thing, Bobby."

Benjamin: Ben took his clippers and his preening tools and approached his bonsai tree. Carefully pulling brown specks off and tweaking and twisting bits of the small tree, he kept a happy expression as he punched the misting button above it. "WhatnowBobby?" he asked, absentmindedly.

Mayhem: Mayhem chuckled to himself, deciding to sit down - well, slouch into one of the benches, a leg over one of the arms to make room for the tail. "So anyone going to introduce me to the frenchman?"

Bobby: "Oh, sure. Trouble, meet Cajun Trouble." He grinned.
Raya: "Who, Remy?"

Mayhem: "Cajun Trouble? So not french then." Mayhem grinned fangily at the guy, putting his pipe back in his mouth.

Remy: He was about to correct about the whole damn 'frenchman' thing but Bobby did it for him. "Yup."

Hepzibah: "You've been demoted to 'frenchman', Cajun." Hepz chuckled.

Bobby: He gave up on Ben and looked for a label on the plant.

Mayhem: "Hey. I like the french. Crafty with their cheese."

Monet: Monet paused in the skies as she looked down at the greenhouse. Was she missing a class? She landed silently and walked inside, blinking at the people. Merde. Not class. More like an idiot circus. ...Oooh... Plaything. She smirked and walked over to Mayhem, yanking one of his dreads hard.

Raya: "The french are weird, though," Raya noted. "They wear too much cologne."

Remy: "Dieu, bite y're tongue. I'm american. Jus'...special." The grin widened and he finally picked his head up off the bench and opened both eyes in an attempt to be social.

Benjamin: "The guys under the filtered lights hanging up there are Begonias known as 'Mirage'. Over there are some Alpinias that attract butterflies and there's yellow elders over there..." He pointed to behind Mayhem. "Those attract humming birds."

Benjamin: He pointed to Mayhem. "No eating." He said sternly.

Mayhem: Mayhem was about to protest when he recognised the scent, leaning back and looking up at Monet. "Yeah, real special." He grinned. "Hey there."

Benjamin: "By the way, lesser of two evils guys. James Taylor or Diana Krall. Light music in the green house only, sorry." He shrugged.

Bobby: "Alpin....okay." That was just as helpful as 'pink.' He sighed and looked around. "I don't suppose we have anything with purple flowers?"

Raya: "Hey, Monet," she said, dusting off her hands of dirt and in the process smudging her cheek with it. "Neither, Ben. Just keep it off, the plants won't mind, I promise."

Hepzibah: "Makers of good wine though." Hepz grinned, then sighed as she caught wind of Monet. "James Taylor." She voted.

Remy: "Sorry Bobby. I only ever bought roses or boquets. Y' in d' doghouse? Lookin' t' buy y're way out wit' d' missus?"

Benjamin: "I'm going to save it for now, but I think Groban is in there currently." He hit play on the speakers and true to his word, Josh Groban quietly filled the Green House.

Monet: "Hello," she said to the room in general then perched on Mayhem's lap to tease him. "What are you imbéciles doing in here?"

Raya: "What does it look like?" Raya asked back, a little piqued at being called an imbecile for no reason.

Remy: "It's warm. An' nice." He nodded his head. "Now Mo...net. She's french."

Bobby: He laughed. "Actually, I'm in the clear. Though... never would hurt to take her some flowers just because I'm a good guy like that." He looked over at Monet and decided to ignore her. Aha! There were purple ones over there... He paused. "What the hell is that noise?"

Hepzibah: "In everyway possible." Hepzibah snarled in agreement with Remy.

Mayhem: "Be nice." Mayhem murmured, surprised at having her on his lap but not about to argue.

Raya: "Meaning weird and rude?" Raya murmured to Hepzibah.

Hepzibah: Hepz felt her lips curl up in a grin as she winked and nodded to Raya. "Yup."

Bobby: "Dude!" He called to Ben. "Don't you watch Mythbusters? Plants like Metallica."

Monet: "I am not. I'm from Sarajevo. I just like the French language." She rolled her eyes at the murmured insults, "There's no use trying to hide what you're saying. I can hear you." She turned to Mayhem with a grin, "Why would I want to do that?"

Remy: "An' I'm gonna make a helluva guess an' bet dat y're English, oui?" He tipped his head. "An' a lover of floor cleanin'." He ribbed lightly.

Raya: "Alright then, let me say it louder so everyone knows it's me. You're strange and rude." Raya repeated, not bothering to keep her voice down that time.

Monet: She smiled sweetly to Raya, "Merci."

Mayhem: "I asked nicely?" He gave her big green eyes before breaking into a grin. "Who'm I kidding." He looked up to Remy. "Yeah, I'm English. No, I don't own a tractor. Honest. Don't let the accent fool thee."

Monet: "Now now, mon chat. Nice will get you nowhere with me."

Benjamin: Ben played with the solar panels and turned down the music. Then he switched the misting timers and set them on automatic instead of manual. "I'm thinking of owning a Golf Cart. Figure it'll help me get around the yards quicker."

Mayhem: "Floor cle- oh. The dreads. Well, that's a new one." He smiled easily, a hand resting on Monet's back as he looked up at her. "That I know. Barely known you more then a week. Can't say I'm not a fast learner."

Bobby: "Maybe that's his plan then, Monet." He smiled over at her before going back to the purple flowers.

Hepzibah: "Heavy on the 'rude' part." Hepzibah agreed with Raya again. She smiled at Monet ever so sweetly. "Sure you're not French? Maybe French Canadian?"

Raya: "You're welcome." Raya stood to wash her arms off in the big sink, drying them off as she came to sit near Hepz. "This is an enjoyable spot...the sun comes in from everywhere," she smiled, tipping her face up and crosing her tattooed legs.

Bobby: "Now let's not sully JP's nationality." He snorted, giving Ben a second look. That guy had to be high.

Remy: "Y're all bringin' d' vibe down. Dis is supposed t' be about soakin' up d' sun an' heat. Enjoy it. Jus' relax. An' Bobby - don' worry about d' flowers. No matter what y' choose dey'll pick somethin' else."

Mayhem: Mayhem listened to the jibes, smiling a little to himself. He wasn't going to cut in, because Monet was rude and obnoxious. He just happened to like her. But then he never claimed to be normal. "I didn't know you were Bosnian, lover." He murmured.

Benjamin: "Okay, the panels are adjusted, the light is coming in nice here now. However, in two hours, we gotta move it to another place though, 'cuz the plants'll get hurt." He made himself a web hammock and sat down, picking up his ukelele and lightly playing the strings.

Bobby: "Oh, I know my mom will. Lorna however..." He picked one of the purple blossoms.

Monet: "No, I am from Bosnia. However, I am a citizen of Algeria and France as well." She wasn't offended at all by any of their remarks. In fact she found them amusing. She looked up at Mayhem from where she still sat in his lap, "Oui."

Mayhem: "Ah. Same as I've got a Cornish passport, being as I was born in Redruth, but I'm English, oui?" He shifted a little under Monet, a little distracted by her scent, watching the rest of the group. "I swear this place gets bigger the more I explore. Never saw this bit till today."

Raya: "It's fairly expansive," she said, sighing at the ceiling in contentment. "But you get to know it pretty well ater a while. Just be careful nothing moves around on you."

Remy: "Oh, an' dere's a lot more dan dis. Woods go on quite a ways. Lotsa out buildin's. Neat place t' roll around for sure."

Monet: "Similar, oui." She leaned in to take his earlobe between her teeth. She liked him distracted. It was fun. "Yes... The woods have been quite fun in my experience. Maybe I should show them to you, hmm?"

Hepzibah: Hepz nodded in agreement. "If you get the urge to stretch your claws, the woods are definately good for it." She sighed at Monet, "Need a room, guys?"

Raya: "There's a little church not very far from your house, actually, that's pretty." She nodded in Remy's direction. "It's small, but kind of nice to look at."

Mayhem: Mayhem tilted his head a little, fingers tightening on Monet's back but apart from that not reacting. "Aye, I've explored a little bit. Keep getting lost. Who built this place?" Alright, maybe he purred a little bit there.

Bobby: Bobby nosed around the plant and picked a couple more flowers.

Monet: As soon as he started titing a bit more into her, she let go and shifted to barely even be sitting on his lap, hands not touching him. Oh he was fun. "Whatever for, chat de gouttière? We have one."

Remy: "One of Xavier's great great's I think. Who knows. Some rich guy." He shrugged carelessly.

Raya: "Can you not insult people, s'il vous plait?" Raya gave Monet an expectant look, having fully understood the French.

Mayhem: Mayhem blinked, then nearly chuckled ruefully. This was Monet, of course she was going to tease. "Hah, I'd love to be rich. So how come this Xavier guy set up this school then?"

Mayhem: "Asking Monet not to insult is like asking a fish not to swim, I think."

Raya: "Well that fish had better learn to float, then."

Remy: "Cause he's one of us. He's gotta whole vision of people like us hangin' together an' supportin' each other. An' he's got d' money for it. Works in a way..."

Bobby: "Because, like a white, bald Martin Luther King, he has a dream. But then he nods off." Bobby added over his shoulder. Yellow went with purple, right? Or was that red...

Hepzibah: Hepzibah narrowed her eyes at Monet. She knew 'chat' was 'cat' and the "gouttiere' sounded derogatory. She hated being made fun of. She hated it more when Monet did it with an upper hand.

Monet: "Maybe I should let you smell my money then," she smirked at Mayhem. Her smirk faded to a blank face and her patented arched eyebrow as she looked over at Raya, "I will not change for you."

Mayhem: "I dunno, too pretty a fish to float. And I can smell money all over you already, princess." Mayhem chuckled. Yeah. Monet was a fun one.

Remy: He snickered. "Dat ain't money."

Mayhem: Mayhem looked over at Remy and then tried to hide the blush by taking a pull on his pipe - which had gone out.

Raya: "Then just don't be an active nuisance, hmm? Comment va-t-il ce bruit?" Raya answered back, taking her hair down and brushing her figners through it so it lay untangled.

Hepzibah: "Or be insulting elsewhere." She turned her back to Monet. "Those new tatts Raya?"

Bobby: Bobby now had a small bouquet of flowers, but still didn't know what any of them were. Oh well.

Raya: "Yeah, they are. All but these two were from the party for Selene," she said, indicating the one around her upper arm and at the corner of her eye. "But I decided to add some. See how much I could think of to do."

Benjamin: Ben rolled over and snored lightly in his hammock. His ukelele dropped from his hands and onto the floor and he smiled in his sleep to the Josh Groban.

Monet: She actually smiled at Mayhem and leaned in to kiss his cheek, murmuring pretty words in French to him. She arched an eyebrow at Remy and just gave him a smirk before turning to Raya, "It is you that is the nuisance, coléoptère de sable."

Mayhem: Mayhem leant his forehead against Monet's arm, smiling a little. "And you call me wild cat." He chuckled to himself.

Remy: "I think I'm gonna need bourbon if dere's gonna be a catfight. Warn me first, oui?" He raised a brow and looked around at the girls.

Raya: Her smile dropped at hearing Monet. "Vous chienne grossière. Rapportez cela," she spat, "Avant que j'enlève ce sourire affecté tordu à vous."

Mayhem: "Believe me, if there's a catfight, I'm hiding behind you." Mayhem grinned at Remy.

Remy: "Me? I don' want anythin' t' do wit' it. Y' got dat one on y're arm - hide behind her." He said with a small chuckle. "Me? I'm claimin' d' bench."

Bobby: Now that it was artfully arranged as he could manage, Bobby sniffed the flowers, then made a sour face. At least they looked pretty. Maybe he could spray them with some Renuzit, or aftershave...

Benjamin: "Get the catsometunaplease...she'smeowingonmy
front porch and nom.... om.... mmmm..." He snored lightly again. "Neena."

Mayhem: Mayhem winced slightly at the french. Please don't start, Monet, just want a quiet smoke. He thought at her, nuzzling her slightly.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah bristled at Monet but kept her back to her . "She's not worth it Raya. I'd love a tatt." She tried to change the subject. "Too furry though."

Monet: Monet grinned wider and tsked Raya a bit, "Vous êtes bienvenu à essayer, mon ami. But you would be shit out of luck, so to speak." She made a pouty face at Mayhem, a grin hiding in the edges of the pout. <Do you have something to say to me? Say it.> The pout turned to a challenging frown as she opened a channel between them.

Mayhem: <I like you sitting on my lap. No killing anyone, at least right this minute.> Mayhem answered her pout with one of his own. <....And I don't want anyone attacking me by accident.> "I'll make it up to ye later, lover." He said out loud, smiling up at her.

Raya: "You can dye with it," she said distractedly. She hated being belittled because of where she came from, especially by some Euro bitch who thought she was better than everyone else. "Fur, and hair, as well as skin." She didn't want to get in a fight here with everyone around them, and did try to ignore Monet, to mediocre success.

Bobby: Bobby finally noticed a decided lack of English being spoken in the room and turned around. Oh, this looked fun.

Remy: Remy caught his eye and made the 'duck and run' eyebrow and forehead combo.

Hepzibah: "I've dyed my fur before, but not in patterns." The idea sparked the cat's interest. "Maybe I'll try that!" She turned to Remy for a sec. "Did I hear Bourbon?"

Bobby: Bobby widened his eyes at Remy. It wasn't just the cats in this greenhouse with claws.

Monet: "Mmm. Oui, mon amant. Mais oui." She grinned at him for a brief moment then shifted off his lap to sit on the bench beside him. She blinked at Bobby, "Interesting arrangement."

Mayhem: Now that Monet was off his lap he could dig out his matches to relight his pipe. Sitting back and pulling off it with a happy sigh, Mayhem looked up at the glass roof above him.

Remy: "Well...yeah. But it's back at home. Sorry t' disapoint, chere. I'll have t' give y' a raincheck."

Raya: "It would be easy enough...just use a gel bottle to get the pattern in," Raya shrugged at Hepzibah. "I could do it for you, like I did Anna's and Mayhem's tattoos."

Bobby: His mouth twisted sideways a little bit as he tried to gauge Monet's two simple words. Then he shrugged and showed the flowers to Raya and Hepz. "Okay, so what are they?"

Hepzibah: "They're beautiful, Bobby. That's what they are." Hepz smiled. "Lorna will love them."

Remy: "Y' can practically pick poison ivy an' wrap it up in a boy an' women go for it like dat." He snapped his fingers. "Thought dat counts or all dat shit."

Mayhem: Mayhem traced a finger around the slightly faded henna on his abs, looking at his name in Arabic. "Chere, what do you reckon? Should I make this permenant?" He smiled at Monet.

Bobby: Bobby returned Hepzibah's smile. "Thanks. I hope so."

Raya: Raya backed up at the flowers being so unexpectedly close. "Um. Arizona poppy, Four O'clocks...some azalea and...I don't know what that one is." She picked up the last flowers, tryign to sort out whether they were from Ben's collection.

Hepzibah: She nodded at Remy. "You're nothing but wind and rainchecks, know that cajun?" She shook her head then turned attetion back to Raya. "Really? I'd love a henna tatt!"

Monet: Monet glanced over at the flowers, "Antirrhinum majus. Snapdragon."

Mayhem: "Pretty flowers." Mayhem supplied, thumbing more tobacco into his pipe.

Remy: He leaned over and gave her a smack across her fuzzy little tush. "Rude girl. I'll get y' drunk tonight if dat's what y' want."

Bobby: Bobby bit the corner of his lip, trying to catch everything Raya said, then his eyes slid over to Monet's response. "Thanks."

Monet: "De rien," she nodded to Bobby then looked down at Mayhem's abdomen, "Non."

Raya: "Ah. They don't grow well in the desert, at least not near me, but they're pretty." She glanced at Hepz with a little smile. "Yeah, it would be just like doing one on myself, just...on fur."

Mayhem: "Mm." Mayhem traced it again, then shrugged. Well, he wanted another one sometime. He had a copy of this one sketched out.

Hepzibah: Hepz jumped in surprise at Remy's playful slap. "You might be surprised who ended up under the table, swamp rat." She couldn't let a good challenge go unaswered.

Remy: "Hey, I didn't say I'd get drunk. Jus' dat I'd get y' drunk." His grin widened enough to show his teeth.

Benjamin: "Hey Jeff...youever get that coverageonthe script of the Frenchkingwhooverthrowsthe Mississippiqueen party queen..."He mumbled and then snorted. "Sunny Philadelphia... cream cheese."

Bobby: Bobby rearranged the flowers and managed to drop one. After he picked it up, he couldn't remember where it went, then looked up at Ben's mumbling. He watched him for a moment with narrowed eyes to make sure he was really out.

Hepzibah: "Now where is the fun in that, Remy?" She was grinning herself. "Whenever you've got time Raya, I'll let you tatt me!"

Monet: "Oh that could be plenty fun for the person staying sober."

Raya: Raya quietened at the conversations around her, listening to everyone talk. She watched Bobby rearrange the flowers absently, with a little sigh. She really couldn't join in on the alcohol talk or the flirting, and that left few options.

Remy: "Oh, dere's fun in it,, trust me." His words blended with Mo's and he raised a brow. "Wow. Well for once we agree."

Monet: She smirked at him, "We would likely agree on more if you wouldn't insult me as often as you do."

Bobby: Satisfied, he smirked and sneaked over to the web hammock. Carefully, he tucked the flower behind nature boy's ear, then backed away. He caught Raya watching him and winked at her.

Hepzibah: "Glad to see I could bring the two of you together." Hepz chuckled, shaking her head then turning back to Raya. "No, seriously Raya. You pick the time and I'll bring the fur." She winked.

Remy: "Me insult y'? I tease. Y' punch." He folded his arms.

Mayhem: Mayhem leant his arm on the back of the bench, tucking a strand of hair behind Monet's ear. "We agree on plenty of things, eh, princess?"

Raya: She smiled back lightly at Bobby, feeling a tiny pull of homesickness. She still missed the desert. "Hmm? Oh, sure. Anytime, I'd be happy to," she halfway-smiled at Hepzibah.

Benjamin: Ben rolled in the hammock and then right out of it. Falling onto the floor of the Green House, he snorted and looked up. "Put the peanut butter in the boots..." He said, confused. "What's going on? Why'm I on the floor? OmIgod! Has it been two hours? The plants!"

Bobby: "Okay! Well. I'm gonna brave the cold and head back in. I have m'lady to woo and all." He adjusted the collar of his jacket and ducked out, starting to cackle when he heard Ben's snort.

Hepzibah: "You're on the floor because gravity works, dude." Hepz grinned at Ben and wondered if he'd noticed the lovely flower arrangement Bobby had left behind his ear.

Remy: "Y' have fun." He watched Bobby go for a minute before turning back to the group. "Wanna bet he'll be knockin' boots in about ten minutes for dat bit?"

Hepzibah: "You are such a romantic," Hepz rolled her eyes at Remy. "And I don't think it will even take ten minutes."

Monet: "You insult," she corrected Remy with a slight narrowing of the eyes then turned to Mayhem, "Do we?" She smirked at him.

Remy: He laughed at Heppie. "Oh, I know. It's a wonder I ever ended up married, oui?"

Mayhem: Mayhem kept quiet. It wasn't his area of expertise after all. "We seemed to earlier." He smiled at Monet.

Raya: "Maybe someone just liked you a whole lot," Raya murmured.

Monet: "Oui," she did grin and give him a nod at that. "We did."

Hepzibah: "Well, you're not completely unfortunate looking and I'm sure that's helped." She smirked at Remy. "Ben, are you just gonna lay in the floor, dude?"

Monet: She glanced over at Remy, "Non," she agreed with Hepzibah, "though he has split ends."

Remy: Leaning back he folded his arms over his chest. "Y' know...I'm gonna start thinkin' I'm completely undatable soon."

Benjamin: Ben picked himself up. "Sadly, no." He brushed himself off and looked at the others. "Is... why is that flower crumpled? And why is it in the wrong place, that doesn't go there, that's too much light!" He picked it up and went to move it.

Raya: "Why would you think that?" she asked Remy, almost curiously.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah found herself laughing out loud at Monet's joke. "You're not completely undatable...mostly undatable, but not completely." She winked at Remy then nodded at Monet.

Remy: "Oh thank you. I'm reassured." He snorted and then turned to Raya. "We're jus' havin' fun petite. No worries."

Raya: "I'm not worried. Jsut wondering." She pulled her hair over one shoulder, idly finger-combing it through.

Monet: "Undateable, oui. For the most part. Unfuckable, though?" She tilted her head and gave him a long look up and down, "That is yet to be seen."

Benjamin: "Remy, don't take this the wrong way, but I think most of the girls 'round here have to be hunkered down with engagement to keep them off of you. Trust me, the dating world will come back, and probably like a brick." He took a card from his pocket. "But if you want to start it off yourself, here's a the club I play at. Don't have to go when I play, but there's lots of girls."

Hepzibah: "Rusting on the kissing - so you got to wonder, right?" Hepz grinned in agreement with Monet.

Remy: He scrunched his eyes closed and rubbed his face with a hand. "How did we get on t' dis subject again?"

Monet: "Oh, I didn't think he was rusty at all. That is why it's yet to be seen."

Raya: "You broguht it up," Raya reminded him with a tiny smile. "Maybe you should just pick a girl, go on a date, if you're that worried."

Hepzibah: "Probably being around all this nature." Hepzibah motioned wide to the plants, her tail twitching in mirth. "What? Don't you like being the center of attention, Remy?"

Benjamin: "Rem, I'm serious. I'll make sure someone good is there for you man. I know me waking up on the floor in the green house doesn't give everyone a lot of faith, but trust me. I know a lot of good people, and the music industry is interesting."

Remy: "Not when I'm bein' examined like a prize...or rather a kinda scrawny scraggly...bull, non." Mouth twisting wryly he looked around the circle of women. And Ben.

Hepzibah: She reached over and pat him on the leg. "Don't worry Remy - You're no prize."

Monet: Monet leaned back against Mayhem absently, like he were the back of a seat and not a lover. "Oh now you're judging yourself, cher. That's grounds for disqualification."

Raya: "Nah. You're neither," Raya smiled lightly. "It's not like you're getting nervous because of us, is it?"

Remy: "Wouldn't say nervous is quite it. Jus'...it's weird tryin' t' rack up points like dis, y' know?"

Raya: "Who says you're racking up any points?"

Hepzibah: Hepzibah frowned at him. "What do you mean?" She had only been playing. Surely he wasn't taking their teasing to heart.

Remy: "It's jus' weird. Weird thinkin' about all of it y' know. Datin'...seein' people again...meetin' new girls. I used t' think nothin' of it, y' know? An' now...I guess I've changed." The grin returned. "But not dat much."

Raya: "Well, it's just us. Act like you would around anyone else you know." Raya shrugged, suggesting. "Or jump in the shark-infested waters headfirst and ask Monet on a date. After that everything's got to be easy."

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow at Raya, "I am a bit high-maintenance in the sex department."

Remy: "Oh, Dieu, I'd like t' keep it attached, Raya. I ain't dat into high risk sex."

Hepzibah: Hepzibah knew Remy was widowed, but not the circumstances. She decided teasing should have it's limits. "Don't worry - girls haven't changed while you were out of the loop. It's just like riding a bicycle - not that you're a bicycle." she grinned and winked.

Benjamin: High Risk Sex..... sex on a plane. Hmmm....
Monet: Monet frowned at Remy, "See? Insulting."

Raya: "I can only assume," she said to Monet, twisting a smile up. "So then find a girl you like. Rogue keeps telling me the same thing with boys. "If you don't want Monet, who do you?"

Remy: "Knowin'! Y've taken more dan one swing at me girl. What'd happen if I let y' get a hand on my balls?"

Remy: And that question wasn't something he was even prepared to answer. "T' be honest, not been really thinkin' about who or anyone. Cess n' me have kissed an' things. But t' be honest, I'm more of a take it as it comes kinda guy
dan sit an' crush an' not do anythin' about it."

Monet: "If you do not anger me, pleasant things would happen."

Benjamin: Ben looked at his watch. This was becoming circular logic, the guy clearly didn't want it right now, or at least not from people here. "Remy, I think you're safest bet is to not do anything irrational or on the whim of someone else's suggestions and to hit the scene when you're ready. And if you are, go find someone new. The people here are great but,..." He looked at Monet. "They're great, but, y'know."

Raya: "Well you talk about dating and getting back to meeting other girls, you've got to be thinking of someone." She smiled a little, wanting to hear this answer.

Hepzibah: "Wow Ben - that was really..." She frowned. "Did he just insult us?" she turned to the other two girls.

Remy: "Non...honestly I'm not. An' if we're on d' honestly track here I'm not really thinkin' of datin' as much as I'm thinkin' about..." He cleared his throat. "At any route, I'm kinda weirded out by it. Been a long time y' know? An' before den...only Talia."

Monet: "I think it was aimed at me since he made eye contact. But it's hard to take offense from a guy who talks about cream cheese in his sleep."

Raya: Raya could understand that. Not quite to that extent, but the idea. "Thinking about what, sex? I don't think that's something you're likely to forget how to do, even if it has been a long time," she laughed.

Benjamin: Ben turned again to Monet. "M-sorry, someone say cream cheese? I was wondering why I woke up with hankering for that.. hold on I got a mini fridge in here somewhere..." He began to move some milk crates around in search for it and instead decided to follow the extension chord until his treasure would be revealed.

Remy: "Mon Dieu, how am I even havin' dis conversation." He put his head in his hands.

Monet: "Mmm. I do love sex." She grinned. "Maybe what you need is a fuck buddy then. No strings attached type thing."

Raya: "You're talking back, it can't be that hard," Raya smiled, amusedly shaking her head as she lightly pushed at Remy's arm. "Maybe she's right."

Hepzibah: "Fuck buddies are awesome." Hepz nodded. "You can't believe you're having this conversation? I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Monet." She looked around and grinned. "Must be something in the air here."

Monet: She arched an eyebrow at Hepzibah, "I may be a 'rude bitch'. But I am intelligent."

Remy: "What I'm sayin' is I'll do it when I'm ready." And at this point, he felt like some stogey old maid.

Raya: "Won't we all?" she smiled mysteriously, pulling her legs up and wrapping her arms around her knees.

Benjamin: Ben came back to the group, licking cream cheese off a spoon. "Mmm.... this stuff is great. And yeah, sex is great too."

Remy: "Are y' hittin' me up too Ben? Wit' y're 'hot lickin' action'?"

Monet: Monet let out a surprised laugh at Remy's comment, "It's likely a limited time offer, Cajun. You might want to read the fine print though."

Hepzibah: Hepzibah burst into laughter as well. "Now, you're just being conceited, Cajun!"

Benjamin: Ben stopped in mid lick. "What now?"

Remy: He grinned. "Well oui."

Hepzibah: "I will say that conceit looks better on you than self pity." Her laughed turned into a grin.

Raya: "A lot on him looks better than self-pity," Raya laughed

Remy: "Dat goes for everyone." He let his head drop back onto the bench's back and closed his eyes again. "It's like sayin' hot is better dan cold. Jus' a rule."

Hepzibah: "You got cream cheese there Ben-old-buddy?" Hepz eyed him. "If you got bagels to go with it, I'll join the snack fest."

Benjamin: "Well... y'know Remy... it's gonna be Spring Break soon, and you know what that means..." He looked at him and waggled his eyebrows. "I'm taking you, sir, on tour with me! To Florida!"

Benjamin: He clapped him on the back as he left with a spoonful of cream cheese. "I'm not taking no for an answer!" He shouted. "Hepzibah, if you want some bagels, I got some stored in the house!"

Monet: "Maybe it's the chat blanc who needs to read the fine print, hmm?"
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I agree, Monet can be a bit of a bitch. Btw, translations would be nice, don't know what half was said in French.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Sorry. >< didn't even think about it. I'll put them up after I get ready for work if I have time. If not, I'll do it after work before I leave town.

----------------------
Before '/' is rough translation. After is direct.

chat de gouttière = alley cat/cat of the gutter.

Comment va-t-il ce bruit = How does that sound?/How is it going this noise?

coléoptère de sable = sand beetle

Vous chienne grossière. Rapportez cela = you rude bitch, take that back before I take off that twisted smirk of yours./ You crude female dog. Retrieve that before I remove this affected mouse twisted to you.

Vous êtes bienvenu à essayer, mon ami = You are welcome to try, my friend.

Mon amant = my lover.

De rien = You’re welcome.

[Edited on 4/18/2009 by Esynthia]
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone