4/20 Instance: Chicken Surprise

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline current. Ash Wednesday in Nola. Set after 'Underage Bacon'.

Mayhem: Mayhem finally had his coffee, sopping wet dreadlocks causing drips of water to run down his bare torso as he made his way outside. Not that that was a problem. The air was already balmy. He found a seat at a table in the street outside and flopped into it, coffee going on the table as he started the ritual of thumbing tobacco from his ancient pouch to the pipe.

Mayhem: While the hangover was still there, the breakfast, shower and sleep had improved it, making it bareable and his stomach had stopped protesting quite so much. He felt up to dealing with black coffee, anyway.

Raya: Raya spotted her friend at a table on the street, coming over with a smile as she watched him. "You look like you had fun last evening," she ventured. She hadn't gotten drunk, or laid, but she was okay with that. Really.

Selene: "I think this is the right place." Selene told the driver. She pointed at Mayhem when she recognised the familiar tall figure with the distinctive hairstyle. "Yes, I know him! Stop here." The ancient, rusty van pulled over, making some unhealthy sounds. Pictures of skulls had been crudely painted on the hood and the sides.

Anna: Anna stepped outside into the sun and stretched, trying not to spill her coffee or her orange juice as she did so. Ahhh sun. Nice. Warm. But very bright. She looked for a table so she could put her drinks down and put some sunglassess on. She saw Mayhem and Raya and went to join them, "Hey!" She put her drinks down and pulled her sunglassess out of her pocket.

Mayhem: Mayhem looked up, squinting slightly, then self-conciously ran a hand over the many hickeys he'd examined in the bathroom mirror. Really would like a healing mutation. "Morning Raya." He smiled at her. "Yeah. How 'bout you?"

Raya: "I enjoyed it," she said smiling, and pulling her hair up into a twist. "Hey, morning Anna. Apparently I'm one of the very few who got back to the hotel at what...some would call a reasonable hour."

Selene: Selene crawled into the back of the van to say farewell to the others, and find her cane and hat. "Thank you for the trip home." She said, putting her hat back on. "It's been an enlightening night." The one guy who resembled a rather strange voodoo houngan put a beaded necklace around her neck as a parting gift.

Anna: Anna grinned and sipped her orange juice, "Yeah, I meant to get back early but I got distracted by music and flashing lights..." she put her drink down again, "On the plus side I have enough beads to sink a battleship."

Selene: Eventually they manged to pull the side door open, and Selene staggered outside, accompanied by a thick cloud of smoke that escaped the van. Shielding her eyes from the bright morning light, she carefully made her way over to what she hoped was their hotel.

Raya: Two in the morning wasn't exactly reasonable, but more so than, say, eight. She spotted Selene coming over--or it looked like Selene, through all the smoke--and waved. "I can't say I got very many. But I did play pool with a few people, in one of the bars we got to. I got some money out of it, anyway."

Mayhem: "I didn't get back to the hotel till this morning." There was a hint of pride in his voice. "Got too drunk to remember where it was last night. As for beads....had to buy another backpack."

Anna: Anna laughed, "Good for you." She patted mayhem on the head since he wasn't wearing a shirt, "Had a good night then?" She grinned then waved at Selene, "At least you got back earlier than she did."

Raya: "Did you get all those," she gestured to the hickeys, "While you were out, or once you got back?"

Selene: Selene managed to cross the distance between the road and the table her friends had assembled. "Hello." She brought forth and flopped down in a free chair. After running a hand over her face and through her hair, she gave the white make-up that she had smeared and was now on her palm a confused look. "Where are we? And when?"

Raya: "Hotel. IT's ten-thirty in the morning, Wednesday." Selene certainly looked as if she'd had fun. "Were you out all night?"

Anna: "Wow... you really don't know?" Anna gave Selene a worried look then pushed her coffee towards her. "You drink that, you need it more than I do."

Mayhem: "While I was out." Mayhem gave Raya a huge grin despite himself, putting the pipe to his mouth and lighting it, shaking the match out and throwing it away. "Laissez les bon temps roulez and all that jazz, eh, Selene?"

Selene: "Interesting." Selene found. "I could have sworn I was lost for a week." She fumbled for the coffee. "Yes, I was up and about all night. Here and there. I barely remember all the details." Selene looked down herself, hoping that her outfit might tell a few secrets of where she had been the night before. "I do remember that it was very intriguing."

Anna: "Last I saw you you were dancing with Remy, but I guess you ditched him somewhere," Anna supplied, "Hope he got back in one piece...." she looked around as though hoping to see him somehere.

Mayhem: Mayhem felt horribly paranoid for a moment, but after sifting through what he could remember of the night he was relieved to realise Selene had definitely not been there. "Aye?"

Selene: Judging by the beads around her neck, she must have bared her breasts a couple of times more the night before, Selene concluded. She had a careful sip of coffee. "My head is spinning." She said. "And I'm not sure how many senses I have. Or if all are working as they should."

Selene: She looked up. "No, I don't know where he is." Selene tried to remember. "I asked him about sex, but as far as I remember, he declined." Shrugging, she had another sip of coffee and groaned. "I've got to know interesting people." She gestured at the van, which drove off, sounding as if it wouldn't get far anyway.

Raya: "I think he would have," Raya said, "He used to live here. And he wouldn't have offered to take us all if he didn't know the city." She smiled pleasantly, rubbing the back of her neck. She had a little mark from someone who'd been overly amorous in a bar. "It looks like you certainly did."

Anna: Anna giggled at Selene and finished her orange juice, deciding that she did infact want some coffee. "I'll be back with more coffee.... anyone else want anything?"

Mayhem: Mayhem leant back and closed his eyes, breathing out a cloud of sweet-smelling pipe smoke. "My night probably wasn't as interestin', but it was certainly fun. Something meaty to eat, please, Anna."

Selene: Selene discovered that she wore more bracelets and necklaces than she had left with the night before. She held up something that looked like it had been made of the bones of small animals. Probably animals, yes. "I think this is where I got all these things." She mused.

Selene: "Painkillers and strong coffee." Selene said, looking up at Anna, squinting her eyes because the light blinded her.

Anna: Anna grinned, "Ok, back in a few minutes!" She skipped inside, disappearing from view.

Raya: "I'm good, thanks," Raya answered, holding up her fruit smoothie. Cherry, from the coffeeshop in the hotel. "So, a successful trip, all things considered?"

Mayhem: "Oh very. Very very successful." Mayhem grinned happily, running his tongue over his lips. Now that the headache was going, he was noticing other parts of him aching.

Selene: "Definitely." Selene affirmed, nodding slowly. "When I get back to my senses, I'd love to see more of the city."

Raya: "I'm not sure how much we saw already," she said, shaking her head. "But I'd enjoy going with you once you're back to normal." She blinked in the sunlight that peeked between the wispy clouds floating overhead, and patted her pockets for sunglasses. "I've discovered I like daquiris, but I'm still not sure what was in it."

Mayhem: Mayhem muttered something about discovering he liked blonds and snickered into his cup of coffee.

Selene: "Well, let's say when I'm back to what usually goes for my normal state." Selene replied, giving a dry chuckle. "I feel dehydrated."

Anna: Anna stepped back outside with a tray of drinks, "Ok I have water, pain killers and three cups of coffee." She put the tray down, "Help yourselves." She picked up one of the coffee's for herself.

Anna: "Oh wait I forgot the food. I'm an idiot!" She put the coffee down, "Back in a minute!" She ran back inside.

Raya: "Alcohol does that, strangely enough," Raya remarked, sliding on the shades and stretching. "Blondes?"

Mayhem: "Well, and brunettes...and there was a-" Mayhem coughed. "Never mind."

Anna: Anna re-emerged with a plate of food, "Mayhem, I got Bacon, sausages, black pudding (oh my god I can't believe they had it!) and some eggs. That good enough for you?" She held the plate out.

Raya: Raya laughed. "You did have fun, didn't you."

Mayhem: "...You don't already have a boyfriend, do you?" Mayhem looked up at Anna with hope-filled green eyes before switching a grin to Raya. "That's why I have my own weight in beads in my room."

Raya: "Well those will be interesting to try and keep, back at the manse," she said, raising an eyebrow. "I'm afraid I only got a few, though I got a whole lot of phone numbers." She dug the strips and corners of paper out of her pockets where she'd stuffed them, trying to read the scrawls.

Anna: Anna laughed and shook her head, "Nope I'm free as a bird!" she replied, handing him the plate of food and swiping a sausage, "I take it I made a good selection?"

Mayhem: "Phone numbers are better then beads." Mayhem said sagely around a mouthful of sausage, he with a little black book's worth of numbers from the night.

Raya: "You can have them if you like," she said with a small shrug. "It's not as if I'll be calling many of them." She thought of one in particular she might, but she wasn't sure yet.

Selene: Selene reached for a glass of water and the painkillers. She struggled for a moment with the package, then poured the powder into the glass and waiting until it had dissolved. Afterwards, she downed it all in one go. "Thank you." She said and grabbed another cup of coffee next.

Mayhem: "Nah. I've got enough to be getting on with for now."

Anna: "You're welcome," Anna told Selene, "If you want I can try and speed up the healing process?" She sipped her coffee, "I've healed drunk before so I might be able to heal hungover.... "Although I did heal a bunch of other stuff at the same time...." she frowned.

Selene: Selene glanced up at Anna an frowned. "Heal my hangover?" She rephrased. "Now, this sounds promising. And even with unpredictable side-effects, you say?" She smiled and gave a shrug. "What are we waiting for? It doesn't get more interesting than this, does it?"

Mayhem: "Rather you then me." Mayhem polished off the last of his second breakfast and picked up his pipe, relighting it with a happy sigh.

Anna: Anna blinked at Selene, "Uh... are you sure?" She put her cup down and flexed her fingers, "I really have no idea what'll happen."

Selene: "Neither do I." Selene replied and showed Anna a wry smile. "That balances things out again, no? See it as exploration of the unknown. Isn't that thrilling." She held out a hand. "So, do you need to hold my hand or anything?"

Anna: "Just need to touch bare skin." She reached out with her hand and touched her fingers on Selene's hand.

Raya: Raya watched the other two girls, listening to them talk as she yawned. She'd had a full night, even if she hadn't gotten drunk, stoned, or anything else in excess. "I'm tired, even though I shouldn't be."

Mayhem: "I'm bloody exhausted. But can't sleep." Mayhem grinned a little, though he watched Selene carefully. He was so not letting Anna touch him, not after finding out she'd cut open Wade.

Selene: Selene held Anna's hand. The seconds passed, while she waiting for something to happen. "Well, I neither turned into a turtle, not spontaneously went up in flames. That has to be worth something." Her gaze moved suspiciously. A moment later, she felt her head clearing up and the dull pain subsiding. "I think it's working. Somehow."

Anna: Anna smiled, "Happy to help." She picked up her coffee again, giving herself a little shake, "Wow I really shouldn't do that on so little sleep... feel funny now." She had another sip of coffee, "Guess I'll just have to hope caffeine works on it."

Selene: "Caffeine works miracles." Selene reminded Anna. "Thank you, by the way. That helped a lot."

Anna: "You're welcome." Anna had another gulp of coffee, it was helping, "I really hope I'm awake enough for Mass later...."

Selene: Selene was irritated by something wet inside the pocket of her pants. She rummaged through it with her hand, and much to her own surprise pulled out a bloody chicken head. "How did that end up in there?" She wondered, giving the severed head a puzzled look.

Anna: Anna blinked at the chicken head, more than a little disgusted, "Oh I don't think I want to know...." she hid behind her coffee cup.

Mayhem: Mayhem caught the scent of blood, mouth immediately watering. He grabbed his coffee and took a gulp to try and hide it. "Um." He coughed, relighting the gone-out pipe. "Voodoo? This is New Orleans and all...."

Selene: "Oh right." Selene said, remembering more details of the night before. "I remember participating in some very strange rituals. Never had that much fun in a long time." Deciding that leaving the chicken head might get them tossed out the hotel, she stuffed it back into her pocket. "Now I also know why my hair feels so sticky."

Mayhem: "...Um?"

Anna: "Ewwwww...." Anna wrinkled her nose, "I don't wanna know why that is either...."

Selene: "Blood." Selene explained casually, as if were the most normal thing in the world to be drenched in animal blood. "Mostly."

Mayhem: "...Oh my. So that's what I can smell." And that would be why he was so hungry. Mayhem concentrated on his pipe. "....And now I know what else it is too."

Anna: Anna blinked, "Ick...."

Mayhem: "Um. Depends on your point of view."

Selene: "That reminds me that I should take a bath later." Selene mused, running a hand through her heir and rubbing a finger over the make-up on her face. "I have no idea what kind of stuff I must have gotten stuck on me last night. I also don't know if I want to remember all of it."

Mayhem: "I'm quite happy with what I remember. Very happy, in fact." Mayhem couldn't help the stupid grin. "Though I ache a little bit. And I think I might have....done something to my back."

Anna: Anna wiggled her fingers at him, "I can try and fix you too?"

Selene: "Your back?" Selene asked, still trying to sort out her hair. "Did someone whip it?" She searched her memories for a minute. "Must have been someone else than me, though. I didn't have my whip with me last night."

Mayhem: "No fixing!" Mayhem waved a finger at Anna, then blushed at Selene. "Um. I don't think so. But it's the wrong pain for whipping. Not that I know. What whipping feels like I mean."

Anna: Anna shrugged, "Your loss.... you seems sacred of me, why is that?" she was pretty sure she could guess.

Selene: "Feel free to ask me if you want to find out." Selene offered. She had another sip of coffee, smiling ominously around the rim of the cup.

Mayhem: Mayhem gave Anna what could be an old-fashioned look. "You cut open Wade." He then directed a half-nervous, half-curious look to Selene. "Um. Well."

Anna: Anna frowned, she'd been right, "He volunteered! And he's a healer and I can heal other people, I don't see what the big problem is." She finished her coffee, "I wonder if they have porridge...." She looked back towards the door.

Mayhem: "It's gross. And....ew. And icky." Mayhem shuddered a little. "I'm just a little creeped out by cutting people open while they're atill awake...."

Anna: Anna shrugged, "Well I'm hardly gonna do it to an unwilling vic... er... person." She grinned, "I'm offering to heal you anyway, not cut you up."

Selene: "Speaking of which, did I offer to let you cut and experiment on me?" Selene wondered, glancing at Anna. "I seem to remember that we were talking about intestines and anatomy last night."

Anna: Anna nodded, "You did indeed," She chewed her lip, "You changed your mind?"

Mayhem: Mayhem felt more than a little out of his depth, deciding to stick to his coffee and his pipe. He could discover the reason behind the pain later. Probably nothing more then sleeping weird or something.

Selene: Selene's face lit up from excitement. "Why no, of course not." She replied, showing Anna a smirk as she nodded. "How could I give up on the chance to aid the scientific progress? Or miss the opportunity to see how I work on the inside?"

Anna: Anna grinned and clapped excitedly, "Yay! It'll be fun I promise! And this time I will look harder for the magic jelly..." she nodded, then looked down at her watch, "Bugger! Is that the time!?"

Mayhem: Mayhem just kept to his coffee and pipe. This place was...odd. Really odd.

Selene: Selene searched her pockets and found a silver pocket watch. She wasn't sure if it was hers, or if she left the hotel with it the night before. "Do you have an appointment?" She asked, trying to decipher the current time.

Anna: "Not really, but I need to go to mass," She frowned, "I better go get properly ready and get on over there. I'll be back in an hour or so." She waved, "Bye bye, enjoy what's left of the morning!" she hurried into the hotel again.

Selene: Selene waved a hand languidly as Anna left, studying the black liquid in her cup. "I think I'm going to use the time until then to take a hot bath."

Mayhem: "I would. You're making me hungry." Mayhem smiled at her. "I think I'll stay out here a little longer. It's nice. You want me to come and get you when I go exploring later?"

Selene: "I make you hungry?" Selene wondered, giving Mayhem a questioning look as she got to her feet. "Why, you want to eat me?" She smirked. "Or is it the chicken in my pocket?" Looking up at the hotel, she nodded. "That would be excellent, yes. I'd like to go out again later."

Mayhem: "I'll come call in a bit then. And yeah. Something like that." Mayhem grinned. "See you later, Selene."

Selene: "See you." Selene waved again as she walked past Mayhem. On the way to the lobby, she grabbed a strand of her hair and sniffed it, wondering what exactly on her could make him hungry.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Concious people innards = not gross. Chicken head = gross. ?

cute morning after. :)
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

fourpawsonthefloor wrote:Concious people innards = not gross. Chicken head = gross. ?
Hey I never once said Anna was normal OR sane! XD
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6