4/20 Instance: Bash Wednesday

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

4/20 Instance: Bash Wednesday

Post by Starfish »

Tmeline Current. Set after 'Chicken Surprise'.

Benjamin: Ben came to the door, having followed the address on the paper faxed to him. "So this is where we celebrate New Orleans at XU..." He looked at the hotel and gave it a frown. "I've been spoiled lately I think."

Benjamin: He opened in and told the woman who he was and what group he was with. The bandmates had taken the van off to 'celebrate', so hopefully she would let him in. She instead phoned the room for verification.

Anna: Anna wandered back into the lobby of the hotel and took her sunglassess off so she could see. She'd been to church and was resisting the urge to rub her forehead. Always itched when the ashes dried. She looked around and saw one of the XU students, she gave a shout and waved, "Hi!"

Benjamin: Ben turned to Anna. "Hey! Everyone's here, I take it? I came once I got the fax, we got a concert on Friday so I figured what the hell, I'll drop by coming back from Georgia?"

Anna: Anna smiled and nodded, "Yeah, though mostly everyone's really hung over and can't remember where they were last night. It's quite entertaining actually." She told him, walking over to him, "And I'm trying hard to keep from touching people's skin but it's very hard in this heat."

Benjamin: "Why? All you do is heal them. Worst case scenario, you kill someone's buzz." He decided against the hug then, realizing there might be some recent tattoos he'd like to keep. "The band and I came in, figured we'd play a complimetary free show for you guys at a pub we got some friends in."

Anna: Anna shrugged, "Yeah but some people like being broken and I can sober people up - did it to Wade and wiped all his scars." She gave Ben a nervous smile, "Was a complete accident - all I did was pat him."

Benjamin: "Wait... you what?!" He gave a few looks around. "You make him normal?" He whispered. He took his bag and walked with her to the elevator, being sure to push the button and letting her in first.

Anna: Anna shrugged, "I don't know... I healed him and his scars went away and he was sober even though he'd been drinking. But he was acting... different..." She frowned, "God I hope I didn't break him!" She was worried now and feeling panicky.

Selene: Selene stepped out of her room and into the hallway, the door falling into the lock behind her, remembered that she had forgotten her purse, turned around to head back inside, realized that her keys were locked inside as well, cursed under her breath, gave the door an angry kick, and eventually took off towards the lift.

Benjamin: The door opened and an exasperated Selene stood infront of them. "Don't hurt me!" Ben ducked and covered his face.

Anna: Anna's panicked state vanished as she exploded into giggles at Ben's reaction, "Hi Sel! What's up?"

Selene: "My purse is hiding from me, and I suspect the keys to my room to collaborate with it." Selene replied as she met up with Anna and Ben. "I think it's a conspiracy to force me to commit theft and breaking and entering. Something out there wants to frame me and get me locked up."

Selene: Her gaze focused on Ben. "When did you get here?"

Benjamin: Ben looked up and smiled. "Just now... actually." He stood up and stayed behind Anna as they walked out. "Soooo... you're here. Strange. I wouldn't tag you for a party go-er. Not this kinda party at least."

Anna: "Ooooh she got well into the party thing last night." Anna assurred Ben, "As did I." She stuffed her hands in her pockets as she caught herelf going to rub her forehead again. Damned itch!

Selene: "I'm drawn to anything that intrigues me." Selene explained as she went back down to the lobby with the others. "Eerie towns, debauched ceremonies, and sinful festivals all belong to this group." She flashed Ben a toothy grin. "I'm more drawn to the mystery surrounding this holiday, and to all the things you don't find among the tourist crowds."

Benjamin: "Like shirts?" He snorted. "So, where are we going now? If I can just throw my bag in, we can hit the pub. Anna and I can drink ginger ale..." He looked to her. "I'm assuming there's no drinking on Ash Wednesday."

Benjamin: He turned to Selene. "And you can drink blo-uhher, whiskey."

Anna: Anna shook her head, "Nope it's the start of Lent and I've just been to confession." She nodded to herself, "Still haven't decided what to give up yet... but it won't be alcohol.... Or cigarettes. Maybe I could give up junk food....?"

Benjamin: "You could give up your clothes." Ben coughed.

Selene: "I bet many people would encourage you to do that." Selene tossed in, then turned to Ben. "Well, I had my share of blood last night. I thought about trying something else today." She looked between the other to. "What is happening here on the Wednesday after? The same as the day before?"

Anna: Anna giggled at Ben, "Yeah nice try but it's not going to happen." She looked to Selene, "I have no idea what happens here on Ash Wednesday. But back home we go to Church. And I've done that so I'm free to play now. But I'm not to eat anymore meat - I had to confess doing that already. The Priest was mad I think."

Benjamin: Ben shivered at Selene's words. He turned to Anna."The priest needs to find a better career then if he's going to get tight in the panties about something so mundane. Okay, how's this? We go to the bar down the street and get the others to come find us there. I'll buy everyone a round to help them with their headaches."

Selene: "Sounds good to me in order to properly start off the day." Selene said, then turned to Anna. "Religion is weird. What good does it do to give up something you like? By the way, did you even manage to count those beads you caught last night? You seemed to have been quite busy."

Anna: Anna shrugged, "It's religion, it's not supposed to be good or fun." She grinned, "And I got a hundred and eighty in the end." She was so proud of herself.

Selene: "If it makes no sense, then it sounds like something I would do." Selene mused. She arched an eyebrow at Anna. "That's impressive. I don't think I managed to gather even a fraction of that."

Benjamin: "This is a conversation that is had over drinks." he said, pushing the elevator button again. He really didn't like getting into these conversations, especially in New Orleans.

Anna: Anna giggled, "Nonsense is how they confuse you into submission." she told Selene, conspiritorily, "And I'm quite proud of my bead quota. Not bad for my first ever forray into the delights of Mardi Gras."

Selene: The elevator door opened and they headed out into the lobby. "In that case, I sincerely hope that I'll get the chance to catch up to your quota today." Selene said. "It's not like I really have any interest in these beads, but I simply can't accept a good catholic beating me at being indecent."

Benjamin: Ben shrugged. "Innocent is as innocent does, I suppose. What'd you do to get the beads is what would define your innocence." They walked down the street continuing their conversation as they skipped over broken bottles, vomit, and random pieces of clothing. "Y'know this place isn't as appealing as everyone says it is. I think it's over romanticized."

Anna: Anna laughed, "Yeah maybe... I flashed a lot, if you really want to know." She grinned, "And you should've seen it last night - it was amazing!"

Benjamin: "Sorta wish I had..." Ben murmured to himself.

Selene: "If we're in any luck, you'll get to see it again tonight. At least, I hope we're going to see even more odd and outlandish things tonight." Selene stated. She eyed Ben curiously. "You don't got any beads on you, by any chance?"

Anna: Anna laughed, "Ah, Selene, you're fun." She patted the girl, "I could tell you would be." She poked Ben, "And you don't get to see my boobies, you got some pregnant ones of your very own."

Benjamin: "Yyyeaaah..... Well...." He looked to Anna. "Yeah." His heart did sink a little, but he would have to get over it.

Selene: "That's not a proper answer." Selene stated. "Yes or no?" A bar came into view at the crossing lying ahead. "This one looks rather quaint and authentic." She found. "Shall we go there?"

Benjamin: "Better than standing out here alone and by ourselves." Ben said with a shrug. "I'll text Rae and tell her where we are."

Anna: Anna shrugged, "Makes no difference to me where we go, I'm on soft drinks today." She followed them to the bar.

Benjamin: Ben opened the door for the ladies, leaning away from Selene as she walked past, and texted Rachel with his phone as he walked in himself. "Okay, so we're here. In New Orleans... Mardi Gras...." He looked around. "I really wish I could drink still..." The place was crammed with young people, most of the women were either topless or down to their bra.

Benjamin: "I'm uh... liking this place a lot." A young woman celebrated her winning of a small panda after a funnel contest by bouncing up and down with her other topless friend. "I really like this place."

Selene: "I can see why." Selene tilted her head as she let her gaze wander across the room. "Apparently a lot of the other party-goers had the same idea we did and decided against spending the day holed up in the hotel." She stepped past a group of young people, guys and girls alike lacking shirts already. "I wonder if they have something alcoholic with cranberry juice."

Anna: Anna covered her eyes, "Take me to a table and sit me down facing the wall!" she begged, "Too much naked flesh and not enough alcohol in my system!"

Selene: "Well, in that case, we should either one of these two things." Selene chuckled. "I'd prefer if we adjusted your alcohol levels to the amount of naked flesh, instead of trying to get everyone to put their clothes back on."

Benjamin: "Here, here." Ben agreed. He waved for some beer and made sure to order Selene the densest, darkest, possible and Anna a light Heineken. He, for himself. got a Ginger Ale.

Benjamin: Then he thought about it and dropped another five and ordered a second Ginger Ale, just in case Anna was adamant about the not-drinking jazz.

Anna: Anna smiled at Ben, "I told you I'm not drinking, why order so much booze, now Sel will have to drink it all." Anna oriented herself to face the wall. It was safe now. "I'll just keep my eyes averted. It's fine."

Selene: "Why? You're afraid the nakedness my jump you?" Selene chuckled again. "You seemed quite eager to do just that last night." She sat down with the others and reached for the drink Ben had ordered. "Thank you. So am I right if I suspect that you just want to get me drunk enough so that I join the shirtless mayhem over there?"

Benjamin: "That would be tactless; however, I will not stop you. I assure you, you don't want me being the one getting drunk, or I might be just as naked as the ladies, and maybe covered in peanut butter and honey. True story."

Anna: Anna stared, open-mouthed at Ben for a moment before shaking herself, "Last night was last night. It was like a big party. Today is a religious day and I'm going to behave myself. Plus, I never, at any time, stated that I enjoyed looking at other peoples' boobies."

Selene: "Sounds like a challenge." Selene commented, smirking as she leaned back in her chair. She took a sip of the drink, thoroughly sampling the taste. "This is a nice drink. Strong, yet flavourful. I like it." She had another sip.

Benjamin: "Awesome. Glad you like it, one of my favorites. Coffehouse Porter or some nonsense like that. I usually just tell the bartender the black coffee flavored one, and they know what I mean." he gave Anna a raised eyebrow. "And no, I'm not kidding. When alcohol gets in me, I get crazy. being in here right now is not helping, but thankfully I love Ginger Ale's flavor almost as much as a bottle of Tennessee Whiskey."

Anna: "Mmmmm whiskey...." Anna mumbled then she sipped her drink and pulled a face, "Ow, I forgot how sharp this stuff was...." She wrinkled her nose, "Oh well...." she had another sip and shuddered.

Selene: "I shall keep this drink in mind for when we get back home." Selene said upon having another sip. "So, any ideas yet what we're going to do today? Aside from getting drunk or getting non-drunk, that is."

Benjamin: "Wanna go sneak around an old cemetery?" Ben offered.

Anna: Anna raised an eyebrow, "Uh... okay?.... oooo did they film a bond movie here or was it pretend scenery? 'cause if it wasn't fake I'd like to go see if we can find places from the movie!" She started bouncing again. Yep. She was awake now.

Selene: "Oh, yes, I remember that I've seen a funeral scene taking place in New Orleans." Selene tossed in. "No idea if it was authentic, though. But we might go and explore anyway." She nodded eagerly. "And look for beautifully creepy graveyards, too, of course. However, we might want to wait until it's dark before we do that."

Benjamin: "I think it was actually filmed here. I know a lot of movies I like were actually filmed on scene here. Including the unfortunate biography by Spike Lee. I say we hit the cemeteries after this and look at the historical value of it all. And maybe flash the dead." He shrugged. "Not like Teagan's here to complain."

Anna: Anna giggled, "I don't think she would complain if she was here - she'd probably cheer us on." She had another sip of her drink and found it wasn't as bad now - she was clearly getting used to it, "I like the sound of that though, so lets do it."

Selene: "It's decided then." Selene confirmed and had a good sized swallow of her own drink. The feeling of alcohol in her system, still familiar from the day before, returned gradually. "If we encounter a store on the way, I'd like to purchase some paper and pencils. To make some quick drawings of interesting scenery we might come across."

Benjamin: "Like topless girls?" He asked with a smirk. "I'll text Rachel again, though she's probably asleep. Let's grab some food while we're on the way."

Anna: Anna smiled, "Food sounds great, but no meat!" She fiddled with the straps on her bag, "If we can find a shop that sells memory cards for camera's I'll be glad too - I keep thinking I'm going to run out of room on the three I have with me...."

Selene: "Or make sketches of the things you see as I do." Selene suggested. She finished her drink and wondered whether to have another one right away. "I'm all for food, by the way. As far as I know, the last I had was some chicken last night."

Anna: Anna pulled a face at the idea of chicken having seen the remains of it that morning, "Yeah... lovely...."

Benjamin: "Well, I'm buying meat, and Anna you don't have to have any. I'm going to make sandwiches and we'll bring the van so we can grill some burgers and veggies." He whistled for a tab and paid it in full, tip included. "Okay, well Selene we can grab some alcohol in any of the mini fridges the bus has."

Selene: "Oooh, can I drive?" Selene asked, her eyes widening in a hopeful manner.

Anna: Anna frowned, "Can we get some fish too? I can eat that today and I need something more substantial than just veggies, however much I love them." She looked at Selene, "How's your driving?"

Benjamin: "I don't care if she drives NASCAR, Stan drives the bus. He's the bus driver, after all. I'll let you handle the kitc-eer... music." He gave her a once over and shrugged. "Yeah, you can control the music. I'll do the cooking, and yes, Anna, fish it is. Catfish, i'd assume."

Selene: Selene pouted. "I'm not that bad a driver. The last time I operated a car the property damage didn't even reach the five digit range." She shrugged. "And even if I should get us killed, your band would became instantly famous because they died in New Orleans during Mardi Gras." Selene paused, then added. "And I want some cajun food."

Benjamin: "Let's buy some ingredients and make 'em on the bus." He ignored the statement about the driving. Best to just not let her near the wheel.

Anna: Anna giggled, she could tell that whatever happened today was going to be eventful anyway. She'd never had catfish either so that sounded like fun too. She checked her phone, they still had many hours left to enjoy. Woohoo!
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen