4/22 Instance: Dedication

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline after 'Glassy Lady'.

Amara: Amara stuck her head round the door and looked around, "Doctor McCoy?" There was no reply. She stepped into the room and headed straight for the shrouded figure. Someone had cut eye-holes into the cloth. She frowned and pulled the sheet down to see Raya's face. She bit her lip. It was hard to see her like that.

Amara: "H-hi..." she managed, it was weird talking to what seemed like a statue. She hoped Raya could hear her. "I... just wanted to say... I'm sorry."

Raya: Amara... Raya wanted to say something. Anything. She wanted to be able to move and get out of this place; the Medlab with all the lights out was a creepy room. I just got too close. There's a way to fix this, there has to be...if McCoy can turn people human for a test, he can fix me, right?

Amara: Amara reached to touch Raya's glass cheek. Cold now. She pulled the sheet completely off her then rearranged it to cover her properly while still leaving her head and arms visible. "If you're still in there... Better that you can see what's going on I suppose..." She tried to smile but just ended up looking very lost.

Amara: She turned her back to Raya for a moment, not wanting to let her see her crying. She took a breath to steady herself then turned around again.

Amara: "I'm... in a lot of trouble, Raya.... I don't know what to do to fix this..... you... But whatever it takes, I'll do it." She felt herself choke up again and looked down at the floor, "I have to see Xavier soon.... I don't know what he's going to say... but I expect he'll want me to leave." she bit her lip, "If that happens... I just... I wanted you to know... I won't forget you."

Raya: Don't leave! It...genuinely sucked that she couldn't communicate at all like this, and that she was stuck standing all this time and felt like she couldn't breathe--and actually couldn't. You're not in trouble, Mara, please don't leave!

Amara: Amara went and sat on the nearest bed where Raya could still 'see' her. She pulled her legs up and folded her arms around them, an act that was getting difficult now because of the belly that was finally starting to show. "I didn't mean to do it, Raya... I know you know that... But this isn't the first time I've hurt someone with my powers...." she sighed, "I've known since I got them that I was dangerous, that I shouldn't be around people because I couldn't control my temper... even at the best of times."

Amara: She sniffed and ran a hand through her hair, "I hurt Rachel back in my first year here - burned her really badly because I wasn't getting my way with something." She shuffled a little, "And last year... when Matteo died... I dealt my own version of justice on the people responsible."

Amara: "I think the rule is... 'three strikes and your out' normally... and... well... you make three." She shrugged a little, "I knew something like this would happen eventually... I shouldn't have come back here.... But I was bored... lonely... and selfish." She looked at Raya again, "I'm so... so sorry..."

Raya: It's not your fault! I'm not dead, I'm just...stuck. It was just an accident, Mara, for both of us... She tried movement again, and it was like being chained to a wall, she couldn't get anywhere with it.

Raya: Don't leave, please don't leave Mara...Tegan and Selene would be so upset.. She wasn't going to leave because of this, was she? Because of an accident?!

Amara: "I've been having the same dream for months now..." Amara continued talking to Raya, it wasn't like she could run and tell someone else all her secrets and it felt good to get it all out. "Every night it's the same but different... reliving the day Matteo got shot, and my actions following it. But... since I got back here.... I keep dreaming that someone else I care about is in his place... or, worse... that I kill someone else I care about during my retaliation."

Amara: "And now look at you! Look what I've done!" She put her face in her hands, "I should have turned myself in back in Italy... I'm such a coward..."

Raya: It can be fixed, Mara! I'm not dead! There wasn't anything she could do, she was stuck like this...in this stupid statue! Raya was afraid, that she'd never get turned back, that she'd be stuck like this forever if no one found a way to fix her. Please don't leave, Mara, it's not your fault!

Amara: Amara peeked out at Raya from between her fingers. Everytime she looked at her, she felt a painful stab of guilt. She got up and went to hug the girl, she didn't know if she'd feel it but she hoped she knew how sorry she was. "Oh Raya, I really hope you're still in there somewhere... I don't want to have killed you..." She released her and looked at her face again. "If they don't want me to leave, I swear to you I will dedicate every waking minute to fixing this."

Amara: "I really mean it... And I won't let anyone... do.... anything to you.... while you can't protest. I promise you." She touched the girl's cheek again, "I'm not going to give up hope that we can fix you."

Raya: Just... Hell, even Raya didn't know how to fix this. As far as she knew, once sand was glass it wasn't changing back. Ask Rae! She can pull things apart, ask her to fix me!

Amara: "I know I've said it already... But I really am very sorry..." She sighed heavily, "If we do fix you... I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to speak to me again... especially after what I've just told you." She gave her one last folorn look, "Goodbye, Raya.... I hope to see you again..." She gave her a small wave then left the medlab, turning off the light.

Raya: Mara! Ask Rae! How in god's name was she supposed to convey to ask someone how to fix this? It hadn't worked when Teagan came to see her. Don't turn off the lights again, please...
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I wonder if Raya can feel in that state. Like if someone touched hem.
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

Very, very faintly. But I think so.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

'tis very sad... :( Though yeah Rae could probably do that huh?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS