4/23 Instance: Still Not Gonna Happen, Sorry

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Timelined before 'Visiting Hours'.

Benjamin: "So how long do you plan to hide from me down here?" Said a voice from the door. There was no one at it though and the door had been surprisingly silent as it opened.

Amara: Amara was startled and she looked around, "Er... hello?" She reached for one of her pillows and pulled it into her lap. It wasn't going to help protect her in any way but it was good to cling to something.

Benjamin: "Up." Ben said, waving from the ceiling. He lowered himself down on a strand of web, hanging himself upside down and rocking side to side like a pendulum. "You okay down here? Neena's got some flower basket going for Raya, she's gonna be doing a pregnancy one for you." He smiled.

Amara: "Oh... hi..." she managed a smile, hugging the pillow to her stomach, "I'm fine... a little lonely but that's nothing I'm not used to..." she sighed, "Are you okay? I know I asked you that already on myspace but... well it's easier to lie through a computer screen."

Benjamin: "I'm actually not, but not because of you. I just got word today that my Mom is sick again. Not sure what of, no one is, but her kidneys sort of went ka-pooie." He shrugged. "She's got her problems, y'know? Anemic or something."

Amara: "Oh Ben, I'm sorry to hear that..." She went to put her hand on his shoulder but stopped half way there and hugged her pillow again in stead. "Did you... um... are you going to tell Neena?"

Benjamin: "She knows, she's pretty upset. She's pregnant too, so she cried a lot, 'course, but she knows now it wasn't a big deal. It's not like it's something we can stop, y'know? We just need to make sure we keep an eye on it, y'know?"

Amara: Amara frowned, "Keep an eye on it?... yeah..." she looked down at the pillow in her lap, "I was hoping you hadn't told her... didn't want her to get upset... really sorry..." she pulled at the pillowcase.

Benjamin: "Well... I mean she has to know..." He shrugged. "Fer, chrissakes, I told Xavier about it during my meeting with him today too, I mean hell, this could be horrible. Y'know? I went to the bottle once before over something like this-"

Amara: Amara blinked, "Xavier knows too?!" she put her face in her hands, she was going to look even worse now, "Great...."

Benjamin: "Well, I mean... when something like that happens you go to the people you trust y'know? Rachel knows. One of the first people I told was her and then Felicia." He shrugged. "She needed to know most of all I think, besides Neena, but yeah... it should all work out. It always does."

Amara: "Your sister needed to know more than your fiancee?" something was seriously wrong there. She shook her head, "You have some strange priorities, Benjamin."

Benjamin: "Uhm... well y'know I'm her brother, sooo... family affairs are kind of important..." He put his hands on his waist. "Kind of critical aren't you, Ms.-I-Kiss-My-Bosses-Soon-To-Be-ooohhh that's what you were talking about! Christ, I thought you meant my Ma!"

Amara: "Of course I was talking about that! Bloody hell, Ben!" Amara ran a hand through her hair and tried to calm down, "I've been doing my head in worrying about it! I feel guilty as hell!" she lowered her voice because she realised she was shouting, "I really don't want to lose any friends over this..."

Benjamin: "Well y'know... this is probably the last time we can ever talk..." he smirked. "I'm kidding. Don't worry, it's fine. You know nothing you did was wrong... well, it wasn't evil. It wasn't ethical, but whatever. I'm over it. I wanted to talk to you about telling Neena. When I do tell her, she will go a little nuts."

Benjamin: "you should've seen her with her own bridesmaid when I caught that one checking me out. Holy Christ, I thought she was going to kill her-" He realized this probably wasn't making her very excited. "Yeah... sooo..."

Amara: She looked down at her hands, holding tight to the pillow, "Do you have to?... Tell her I mean? I thought... I thought we could keep it a secret... it won't happen again so where's the harm?"

Benjamin: He sighed and sat at the end of the bed with her. "I figured you might want to do that sooo... here's the deal. I'm willing to not tell her, 'cuz I know it was nothing. However, if she asks, if she finds out... I'm not denying it. And I will be upfront. Can you do the same?"

Benjamin: He gave her a serious look of concern. "Because I can't lie to her... and I don't want her lied to. If she doesn't know something, it can't really hurt her, especially if it's something that we both know was a mistake... something as small as what happened."

Amara: Amara nodded, "I suppose I don't really have much of a choice..." she looked down at the floor, "I just... I feel so bad about it, Ben... I don't want to make a mess of anything else. I just fixed one problem and now I have another one to deal with."

Amara: She knew she should tell him what was going on in her head but she knew that she really would make it worse if she did. She'd just have to watch herself from now on... maybe call it practise for those lessons with Xavier that she hadn't started yet.

Benjamin: "Yeah... bout that. What're you doing down here?" He looked around as he bit his lip. "You get some kind of problem recently with your powers? Pregnancy issues?"

Amara: Amara shook her head, "No... me issues." She sighed, "I have poor impulse control at the best of times... I think you know that now... I don't focus well. That's how Raya ended up how she did. I wasn't paying attention."

Amara: She looked at Ben, "I told you I was dangerous."

Benjamin: "You're not, but that's okay. You made a mistake. I'm telling you, if you were dangerous I'd be freaking out right now." Did he really want to tell her the truth? Or was it just safer...

Amara: Amara smiled sadly, "I'm no danger to you... not right now anyway..." And not in the way your sense will pick up... "But I am dangerous. I have a terrible temper, Ben, and I can't control my powers when I get angry or upset. And I don't concentrate well. It's better for everyone if I stay out of the way."

Benjamin: "I think that if your choice is to do what Xavier has suggested, then that's fine, but I'll be honest, you should try some Yoga with me sometime. It does wonders, I mean I used to have serious anger management issues, even boxing and such didn't help. But this? Yoga? Awesome." He patted her knee and gave her a very wide smile.

Benjamin: "Can you just... promise me something?" He said. "Don't try and kiss me again. Not that it wasn't nice, but... I know Neena is not going to happy should she be told, and I don't need you burning my wife and unborn child if she pushes the button. That's just me being frank." Awkward grin, always wins.

Amara: Amara managed a small smile, "Well if this works that won't be a problem. I wouldn't hurt her intentionally, you know that... physically or otherwise..." she'd kind of answered the question without answering it there. She couldn't make that promise outright, she knew she couldn't. Even though she'd promised after she'd kissed him the first time, now she thought about it she didn't think she could keep it.

Benjamin: "Amara?" He looked at her with a tilted head. "No more, okay?"

Amara: She looked away, chewing her lip, "I... I'll try okay?" she hoped that was enough, she got up and started pacing, still holding the pillow, "I'm sorry... I won't do it again... I already said that...after..."

Benjamin: "Good." He said, smiling. "I know it's hard, Neena gets horny like no tomorrow, and let's face it, I'm one suave mudda, fucka." He held up his palm to show he was joking as he snickered at himself. "Look, 'Mara I just don't want you thinking I'm trying to be angry with you just... don't want it to happen again, y'know?" he laid down on her bed and closed his eyes. "I forgot how comfy these medical beds were..."

Amara: "I know tha-..." She stopped mid-stride. Oh God! Is he doing this on purpose?! "Ben!" She put her face in her hands, "This isn't funny!" She walked over to the bed and hit him with the pillow, leaving it on his chest, "You're not taking this seriously."

Benjamin: "Taking what seriously? I'm just relaxing, this bed is comfy!" He smiled and took the pillow hitting her back with it. "And don't start a pillow fight with the guy with spider-sense and web fluid, you'll really really regret it." He closed his eyes again and smiled. "Mmm, nap time."

Amara: Amara frowned and plopped down on the bed next to him, hitting him once more for good measure. "You're a goof." she told him. She put her feet up on the bed and contemplated laying down but that might be too weird. She did lean back against the headboard though.

Benjamin: "I am, that's what makes me awesome." He looked up at her with one eye open. "Look, you can have your bed, I was just kidding." He webbed to the ceiling and returned to his previous position of dangling upside down. "So, what now? You're gonna chill down here and be super unsocial?"

Amara: "I kind of don't have a choice. I'm in isolation now. Part of my promise to Xavier and McCoy." She sighed and sat up again, "Doesn't all the blood rush to your head when you do that?" She tried to look at him upsidedown but just ended up hurting her neck a little. She frowned, "Also... how am I going to get all that off the ceiling?" she raised an eyebrow at the webbing.

Benjamin: "First-no, something to do with my mutation. It allows my blood stream to pump really fast or something, so that it doesn't all go to my head, so that my body adjusts to whatever position I put it in, making sneaking very easy. And gymnastics. Secondly, don't worry about it, it disintegrates in two maybe three hours. Just don't get it in your hair." He webbed her pillow and pulled it from her. Sticking it to the ceiling and leaving it to hang like a piñata, he grinned at her.

Amara: "Oi!" Amara pouted, "I need that!" She stood up on the bed and reached for the pillow but it was just a bit too high, "Damnit, Ben!" She looked down at him, his head was level with her knees, "Get it down!"

Benjamin: "Uh.... or what?" He cackled. "I'm a silly goose, it's what I do!" He considered taking it down and webbing her feet to the bed, but he didn't want to incite her having to use her powers.

Amara: "Hmm..." Amara tapped her chin in thought, "What to do about it..." she looked at the web he was dangling from, "I could burn through that and drop you on your head? Or... I could set fire to your trousers...? You choice." She grinned and sat crosslegged on her bed again so that his head was at the same level as hers again, "It's weird seeing you upside down..."

Amara: "And don't worry... I won't really do either of those things..." she smiled and poked his nose, "You're completely defenseless like this, it wouldn't be fair." she grinned.

Amara: And then she kissed him. Again.

Benjamin: His spider-sense did go off this time, but that was because he let go and fell. Hitting his head on the floor he groaned as everything went black.

Amara: Amara jumped off the bed and knelt beside him, Oh God! You hurt another one! Idiot!! "Ben! Ben!" she shook him, "Ben, wake up! Please! I'm sorry!"

Benjamin: "You're shaking a guy who landed on his head!" he grumbled loudly. "What if I had a broken neck?" He rubbed the back of his head and rolled over. "Fuck,... God that hurt."

Amara: Amara put her hands over her mouth, "Ben, I'm so sorry..." She got up and backed away, "I'm sorry... I didn't think..." You never think.

Benjamin: "No, you didn't!" He roared, throwing her hands off of him. "Fuck!"

Amara: "I'm sorry!" she cried, "I'm sorry, alright?! I didn't mean to do it! It just happened..." She put her face in her hands, "I'm sorry..."

Benjamin: "Amara... this... this can't happen anymore okay?" He got up and checked his head again for blood. None. "Christ,... I'm sorry, okay? Just... no more. Bye." He left and shut the door firmly behind him.

Amara: Amara flinched at the door closing then went and curled up on her bed, she started to cry. She'd messed everything up. There was no fixing it this time. Maybe it was better that she was down here where no one could see her or speak to her.

[Edited on 24-4-2009 by Slarti]
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige »

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Right? Wait...I don't think that's the right saying..um...*SAGE ADVICE FAIL*
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

cheat on once, shame on you, cheat anymore, family's hiring an asassin