4/28 Instance: Secretive Dirty Shenanigans

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

4/28 Instance: Secretive Dirty Shenanigans

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Raya: Raya was tucked into the recroom couch, writing a short response on a reading assignment as the television played We Will Rock You. She liked the musical, and mouthed along to it, one hand playing idly with the beads around her neck.

Wade: Wade pushed the kitchen door open with his side as his one hand held a can of coke and the other a bowl of chips, seeing Raya, and then asked her, "Hi, you want something to drink while I'm halfway in the kitchen?"

Selene: Selene trudged into the recroom with her head covered in a mass of disheveled hair. Her fingers fidgeted with the black strands as she crossed the room and flopped down in a chair. "Hello." She said, glancing up for second, before returning to the task of sorting out her hair.

Jason: "Queen? Really?" Jason asked as he came in after Selene, looking as if he had been just about to ask exactly what rabid animal had attacked her hair before being confronted with what was coming from the television.

Raya: "Really. A musical, even," Raya replied, still writing as she looked up and smiled at Wade, waving at Selene. "It's not that bad, once you get the plot. And I'm good, for now Wade. Thanks."

Wade: Wade shrugged, then looked at the other two, wondering if he should ask them too, then decided it was the civil thing to do, "And you two? Coke? Pepsi? Water? Juice?"

Selene: "Do we have cranberry juice?" Selene asked, glancing up again. "If yes, I'd take some." She tamed a small portion of her hair and reached for one of the hairpins pinned to the hem of her shirt.

Jason: "It comes with a plot? Let me guess, young boy wants to ride his bicycle?" Jason's snark on the trials and tribulations keeping Freddie Mercury from riding his bicycle was curtailed by watching Selene attempt to calm her hair. "No thanks, Wade. I believe I'm good."

Wade: Wade slipped back into the kitchen to get cranberry juice.

Raya: "Nope, it's a dystopic future of a godless, worldwide communist state where there is no music, and everyone thinks the same thoughts, and are conditioned to like the same things. And the two kids who can hear the music go about changing that." She explained, though the idea of a boy riding his bicycle did amuse her, especially for a Queen musical. "I would have thought you'd like it."

Selene: Selene gave the screen a curious look. "Really?" She asked, pausing with Operation Hairstyle for the moment. "Sounds as if someone did a biography of my life." Selene frowned. "Although, I've never heard Queen before in my head."

Jason: Jason tilted his head and then looked back at the screen. "Well then. I've always suspected something. Obviously Freddie Mercury's AIDS was ordered by governments around the world so that he wouldn't be able to sing the truth anymore. We should have suspected all along." Jason did find it surprising Selene didn't hear that band in her head. "Who do you hear?"

Raya: "Really?" Raya put down her pen and looked up, amused at Jason's idea. "I thought it was because he slept with the wrong guy." Strangely enough it didn't surprise her at all that Selene heard music in her head, though she was with Jason on wondering who it was.

Wade: Wade came back in, Coke can resting in the bowl with chips and the glass of cranberry in the other hand, "Juice, and chips if anyone wanna munch," he said, holding the glass for Selene.

Selene: "Thanks." Selene took the glass from Wade, had a sip of juice, then put it down on the table in front of her. "Oh, the music rarely stays the same for long. Sometimes it's Marylin Manson yodeling the national anthems of various countries, or an orchestra's interpretation of Hanna Montana. It's quite unpredictable, really."

Selene: "Sometimes scary, in fact." She frowned, suppressing a shudder. "Cher week was a horrible time for me."

Jason: "The wrong guy was obviously an assassian. Can you think of a stealthier way of killing someone?" Cher week...Jason had to sit on his hands to keep his mind off of the temptation to suddenly illusion some piped in Cher. That wasn't going to work for long though.

Wade: Wade placed the bowl on the coffee table, sitting back in a seat, putting a ship in his mouth and opening the can. He sipped and looked over to Raya, wondering something, "Nice bead necklace, looks like those hanging in the trees outside."

Raya: Raya gave Jason and Selene a funny look, reaching for a chip from the bowl. "Oh, thanks. I got them in New Orleans, actually, at Mardi Gras. Remy took a bunch of people down there for a few days."

Selene: Selene tamed another strand of hair. She discovered a flaw in her plan when she realized that having a mirror at hand wouldn't be a bad thing. "I keep mine in the attic." She commented, while searching her pockets for a mirror. "I had no idea what to do with them, as they hardly match my usual attire."

Jason: "You got beads..." Jason arched an eyebrow, sitting back as he considered how exactly Raya was most likely to have come into ownership of said beads. "So, did you go about this the usually assumed way or do most assumptions of you stay true for now?"

Wade: Wade brought the coke to his mouth and started taking a good drink from it.

Raya: "Oh, no. Mayhem gave them to me, I didn't take my shirt off." She shrugged lightly, smiling. "No one would have seen it anyway, everyone else was hiding me."

Wade: Wade ended his drinking of the fizzy drink with safety. No snorting of coke.

Selene: "I got mine by the usually assumed way." Selene tossed in and reached for her glass of juice. "I found them here and there on other people. Some were traded in, some liberated otherwise." She took a sip of juice. "Oh, and I also showed my breasts to total strangers. That worked, as well."

Jason: "Thank you, Selene. You just never disappoint, do you?" Jason chuckled, glad that his assumptions seemed to be true all around as he sat back, putting his feet up on the coffee table.

Raya: "It was really fun, though, I got a lot of cute guys' phone numbers at the bars we all went to."

Wade: "I hope you haven't called any of them yet," Wade hoped. "Bar hopping too, wild thing." he smiled.

Jason: "Oh, I think you should call one of them now." he laughed, figuring that that would be quite something to witness.

Selene: "I try to do my best at all times." Selene stated, pulling a small pocket mirror out of her bag with a triumphant smile. "After all, I couldn't allow to be out-sinned by a catholic schoolgirl, could I?"

Raya: "I get lots of phone numbers when I go out, you know," she said to Jason with a grin. "I got one when I went out to that bar Rogue works at, not long ago. And we had a very nice conversation, when I called him." She chuckled at Selene, "You know I'm not Catholic. I do have the plaid skirt and knee socks, though."

Jason: "Well, I don't know. Can't say as we go out together too terrible often." Jason was amused at the idea though. "Still think you should call. Give a good phone sex operator impersonation."

Selene: "Oh, I know." Selene told Raya. "I meant Anna. She seemed very eager to collect plenty of beads."

Wade: "Wait, so you do call them?" Wade asked Raya a little nervous, "And Jason, no phone sex will be done while I'm here."

Raya: "I called one guy," she explained. "And it was before we went on a date. All we did was talk. About normal non-sexual things," she added, before Jason could ask. "Don't worry, Wade."

Jason: "No phone sex at all? Wade, come on now, you're going to spoil the fun." Jason stole some of the chips Wade had brought in. "Afraid you'll recognize her phone sex voice or what?"

Raya: "How would he recognize my phone sex voice?"

Selene: "I never understood how phone sex could be fun in any way." Selene mused, moving on to the next strand of hair. "Granted, a case could be made for it since the invention of vibration alarm."

Wade: "I'm pretty sure I would know her phone sex voice." Wade made a mental headslap. "I mean, I think I would recognize her voice, not that I do phone sex." He said, ending it with stuffing his mouth with chips.

Jason: The temptation was far too great. Jason adopted his closest guess as to what Raya's phone sex voice would probably sound like. "You mean you don't call every tuesday, Wade? I was so hoping it was you."

Raya: "Very funny." Raya rolled her eyes lightly at Jason, deciding to let someone else explain to Selene that phone sex actually didn't involve intercourse with a telephone. "And that's not what I sound like."

Wade: "Yeah," Wade agreed.

Jason: "Well, if either of you two would like to correct me on the finer points I'm all ears."

Selene: "Before you start, give me a moment to get my sketchbook, please." Selene remarked without looking up.

Raya: Raya laughed, and shook her head, amused. "You two both know that's not what we meant."

Wade: Wade surpressed a guilty look, "Exactly."

Jason: Now, before, Jason had merely been joking around. Raya and Wade did protest too much though. "...I suspect shenanigans now."

Raya: "What kind of shenanigans are you suspecting, exactly?"

Jason: "Secretive dirty shenanigans."

Wade: "I'll have you know I haven't shenaniganed for a while now." Wade informed.

Selene: Selene glanced up and gave Wade a suspicious look. "Really now? Have you?" She tilted her head sideways. "Maybe you're just getting better at hiding it."

Wade: "Nope, none, spending all my energy on woo-ing Raya, and I'm hoping it's working," Wade said, looking at raya with smile.

Jason: "Ahha, so it's potential secretive dirty shenanigans. I feel justified now."

Wade: Wade kept quiet, not responding to Jason at all.

Raya: Raya smiled and only blushed a little bit, shaking her head at Jason. "It's nothing that secretive. We went on a date, is all." Though she reached out a hand for Wade's anyway.

Selene: "I've always been a big fan of secretive dirty shenanigans." Selene commented. She nodded and inspected her work so far in the mirror. "Oh, by the way, does your offer about the henna tattoos still stand?" She gave Raya a curious look.

Jason: Jason's grin spread and possibly grew a hint more wicked as well. "Were Selene and I interrupting something when we came in? Should we leave you two alone?"

Wade: "Nothing was going on." unfortunately Wade added mentally, giving Raya's hand an affectionate squeeze.

Raya: "Nothing, really," Raya repeated--just to make sure they both got it. "And yes, Selene. It still does, I meant to put up a notice on the bulletin board, but I keep forgetting." She squeezed Wade's hand back with a little smile.

Selene: "Excellent." Selene replied and nodded. "I'm really curious about this whole temporary tattoo affair. When do you think you could paint on me? I'll promise to be a patient canvas for you."

Raya: "Oh, anytime. It doesn't take very long for henna to dry, and then you're free to do anything. It just dyes the skin."

Wade: "And it lasts for a while too, still got mine...a little tiny bit fade but it's still good." Wade added.

Selene: "How about now?" Selene asked and gave a light shrug, careful to not upset her hairstyle-in-progress. "As you can see, I'm already busy with decorating myself, and I have nothing else planned for today."

Jason: Jason found himself not really approving of the subject change although he was sure there was room to slip in a joke about marking each other as a claim but with Selene involved that just got...strange. That, Jason supposed, shouldn't really come as a surprise.

Raya: "I'd have to go get the stuff, but yes, I could do it now, if you wanted." Raya nodded, though she didn't make any move to get up yet. "Would you like a tattoo, Jason?"

Jason: "Oh, no thank you. I think my first tattoo should be something I don't actually remember getting."

Wade: "Even a henna tattoo?" Wade asked.

Selene: "No need to hurry." Selene told Raya and gave a wave with her hand. "I can work on finishing this hair project here first."

Jason: "It's the principle of the thing." Jason shrugged. "and how is that hair project going, Selene?"

Selene: Selene paused and glanced upwards as she pulled on a few strands of hair, trying to get a clear view of it. "How shall I know?" She asked. "You sounds as if I had an idea of what I'm doing here. I can never say when or how such a project is going to end. It just does when I feel content with the results."

Jason: "You're right. It was silly of me to assume you knew what you were doing."

Raya: "So, just enough for Selene. Did you want any particular design, or just for me to draw on you?" she asked.

Selene: "I found out that the best things come to be whenever you let you creativity run amok." Selene said. "So, just let it loose on my skin and I should be quite happy."
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen