4/28 Instance: Free Deals are a Load of Bullshit

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

4/28 Instance: Free Deals are a Load of Bullshit

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Remy: "God." He leaned against the railing. "After all d' day cooped up in, dat sun sure feels damn good."

Anna: "Sun is nice for a change..." Anna agreed, stretching, "I like sun." She yawned and blinked sleepily out at the grounds. "Not sure why I'm tired.... I slept in economics..."

Hepzibah: Hepz sat on a tree branch above, busily sketching a likeness of Remy and Anna in her notebook. "You're starting to sound like me, Anna." She grinned never looking up.

Cessily: Cessily perched on top of the railing, her back leaned against the wall, one leg pulled up, and tuned her violin. "It's nice being out in the sun again." She said, giving the others a quick smile. "It's about time the weather got nicer. I almost went crazy sitting inside all day."

Anna: Anna grinned up at Hepzibah, "We should talk more, I'm sure it would speed up the process."

Remy: "Nicer bein' all relative, but it ain't bad, oui." He rolled his neck around on his shoulders, loosening the kinks in it. "Jus' a short time really till d' year is done too."

Cessily: "At least it not snowing anymore." Cessily said. "Although I like snow." She tested the violin's sound by pulling lightly on the strings.

Mayhem: "...And this is the patio. Where most've us hang out, being smokers." Mayhem led Ronnie around the corner. "And absolutely no mad scientists or bordellos, so's you can stop looking at me like that."

Anna: Anna looked round at the sound of the bow on the strings, "Oooh! You play violin?"

Hepzibah: Shutting her notebook, she jumped down. "Times does fly," she agreed with Remy. Then, her nose scrunched up. "What the Hell is that??"

Ronnie: Ronnie still didn't look convinced, eyeing up the small group of ... people, fuzzy, shiney or otherwise and hunching her coat higher around her, dispite the warmth, "These students then?"

Remy: He lifted a brow at Heppie and then followed her gaze and gave a very slow blink of his own. "Um..."

Cessily: "Yes, I do." Cessily replied, looking up at Anna with a smile on her lips. "Usually when I'm in my room. But I thought the weather is nice enough to take it outside today."

Mayhem: "Yup." Mayhem had gotten as used to the smell as he was going to. It wasn't necessarily bad, just....unsettling, in an unpleasent sort of miasma. "Shiny's Cess, the other cat's Hepzibah, the guy with the eyes is Remy and the normal-looking one is Anna." He paused for a moment, wondering if he should warn Ronnie that while Anna wasn't a scientist, she did like to cut people up.

Cessily: Cessily turned her head at the mentioning of bordellos and saw Mayhem and what looked like one of the regulars she saw at the homeless shelter once a week. "Hey there!" She smiled warmly anyway.

Mayhem: Shaking his head, he shrugged. "Guys, this is Ronnie." He dug out a dogeared packet of cigarettes. He hadn't had a chance to buy more pipe tobacco yet.

Cessily: Cessily held up a hand and waved her fingers at the new... boy or girl? It was hard to tell under the loose and ragged clothing.

Ronnie: Ronnie ducked her head down lower, so that all that could be seen between the collar of her overcoat and her overgrown fringe of dark hair was a pair of grey eyes regarding the group with a sullen look.

Hepzibah: Good God, Mayhem!! I heard 'Look what the cat dragged in - but DAMN!. Fighting back the urge to gag at the smell, Hepzibah nodded at the new comer.

Remy: "Hey." He gave a polite nod. "So..." Damnit what was the new guys name again? Chaos? "Where'd y' guys come from?"

Anna: "Hi Ronnie..." Anna waved, What's that smell...?

Mayhem: Mayhem rubbed his nose and sneezed as he dug out his lighter, muttering to himself and tilting his tophat back with his thumb. "Me, my lover? Thought I told you. Devonshire, born'n bred." He grinned, cigarette dangling from his lips.

Ronnie: Ronnie glanced up at her tour guide, waiting for him to answer the question just incase she didn't have too, she wasn't exactly keen on letting anyone know anymore then they had to about her.

Hepzibah: "Where did you come from recently?" Hepz asked, her eyes watering. Sometimes having a really keen sense of smell was a very bad thing.

Remy: Giving him a wry look he chuckled when Heppie cleared up what he'd meant. She sounded rather like she had a peice of moldy bread in her mouth the way she spoke.

Anna: Anna wrinkled her nose in confusion at the smell and pulled out her box of cigarettes, she figured she may as well smoke while she was out here.

Mayhem: "What? Oh! Right. Sorry." Mayhem grinned sheepishly. "Went shopping and...well..." He looked at Ronnie, then decided to skip the embarressing part of her stealing from him. "Turned out she was like us." He finished. She probably didn't want them to know things like that.

Cessily: "Sweet!" Cessily continued to wear a smile. "So, you're a mutant, too. And you'll be staying at the school?" She gave a friendly nod. "Welcome to Xavier's, then."

Anna: "Yeah welcome..." Anna said vaguely, waving a hand and lighting her cigarette. She yawned again, stupid class.

Ronnie: "He said there was food," was all Ronnie felt there needed to be said to that, eyes glancing over the shiney girl ... Cess.

Anna: "Funny," Anna said to Ronnie, "That's what got me to come here too." She grinned.

Cessily: "Ooh, yes, there's lots of food." Cessily replied. "And all different kinds, too. All free for students, of course. You should see the pantry they got here."

Mayhem: Mayhem shrugged at Cessily, and then realised she was holding something that made him suddenly homesick. His violin was still in Plymouth - hadn't wanted to risk it being flown over at first...

Remy: "Good digs too. An' if y' need it - clothes an' personal stuff." He gave a brisk nod. "Sure y' could use a bit of help for now, oui?"

Cessily: She noticed the smell drifting over from Ronnie, but managed to keep an unmoving expression. Cessily was glad about her ability to turn off her various senses. The sense of smell went right away.

Hepzibah: "Free room and board definately figured into the equation for most of us." Hepzibah did her best to breathe through her mouth, and not her nose, discretely.

Ronnie: The girl turned her cool gaze on the girl with the irish accent, the token normal it would seem, "You probably weren't starving," she looked back at shiney-Cess then at the man, "Bit old for college, you a teacher?"

Anna: "No," said Anna, "But I had just hit a girl with my car and manifested in quick succession so I was in a fair ammount of shock."

Mayhem: Mayhem muttered something to himself and sidled over to Cess, rubbing his nose again. Looked like she was...well, settling, ish. Kinda.

Cessily: "It's actually a really awesome place to be." Cessily commented. "Lots to do and nice people, as well." She returned to tuning her violin, until she was finally content with its sound.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah leaned over and whispered in Remy's ear. "I wasn't that obnoxious was I??"

Remy: "Old?" Merde. "No. I'm doin' my post graduate studies." He gave a minute shake of his head. "Think it's ok, petite."

Ronnie: "Lovely, nice to see hitting someone with two tonns of metal worked out for you," she ducked her head down lower, hiding her smile at the fuzzy's obvious discomfort, well she knew some of what she could do just from that.

Anna: "Yeah....." Anna breathed, "She was fine, by the way." she thought she better add that, "I'm a healer. Fixed her."

Ronnie: Though in truth, she was a little disconcerted, she wasn't used to people trying to be this nice, pity was probably a large part of it, and the fact that as far as they knew she'd be stopping and trying to make friends would make thier lives easier, but still ...

Cessily: "And not one of those annoying faith healers." Cessily tossed in, looking up again. "Her powers actually work like a charm."

Anna: Anna waggled gloved fingers at Ronnie and grinned again.

Ronnie: "How conveniant, you got free food, board and education instead of a charge of accidental death, handy."

Mayhem: Mayhem breathed out a long stream of smoke. "Still ain't letting her near me though." He muttered under his breath. "You play violin, Cessily?"

Anna: Anna had to laugh at that, "Yeah I was lucky.... luck of the Irish, some might say." She winked then giggled again and had another drag on her cigarette.

Hepzibah: "Ok, Anna." Hepzibah smirked, "Some of us get nervous when you talk about someone getting 'fixed." She kept her eyes on the Ronnie.

Cessily: Cessily had to chuckle. "Well, no one said that being a mutant doesn't have its advantages, despite all the bad press we're getting." She turned to Mayhem, nodding with a smile on her lips. "Yes, I do. For several years now, actually."

Remy: Remy would have added Anna's other quirks, but the new girl'd figure it out soon. He had to laugh at Heppie's comment. "Hey. All men get nervous about d' thought of gettin' fixed."

Anna: Anna snorted and grinned at Hepzibah, "I'd never do that kind of fixing. I wanna be a surgeon not a vet. Although... humans do that too... ish..." she frowned, having confused herself now.

Mayhem: Mayhem grinned a little. "Mum and dad made me learn violin from the age of eight. Sax from twelve. Figured they had to try and keep me still somehow." He glanced up at Ronnie, pushing a dreadlock out of his face.

Hepzibah: Chuckling at Remy and Anna, Hepzibah narrowed her eyes. "Where did you say you were from Ronnie?"

Cessily: "Really? That's awesome!" Cessily grinned at Mayhem. "Then you probably play as long as I do. My parents made me play, too. At least, initially. But I started to like it, and so began practising myself." She lifted the violin to her shoulder and played a few tunes to test the sound. "This one was a gift from my grandparents."

Ronnie: Ronnie glanced up at at cat girl, "Came to New York from Memphis, went to lots of other places between though."

Cessily: "Sounds like you came around." Cessily said, looking back at Ronnie. "We have a couple of students here who moved from place to place before coming here." She deliberately avoided the word homeless.

Mayhem: Mayhem's fingers itched as he listened to the tune, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's beautiful." He smiled. "Mine's in Plymouth...little far away. I love playing it. Hated it at first though."

Ronnie: "Really? You suprise me," Ronnie smiled a little, yellow teeth showing just above her coat collar.

Remy: He hummed in agreement with Cessily, though he'd never quite gotten that dirty. On the street one had to live with some level of dirty from time to time...but that was accumilated.

Cessily: She laughed. "Yes, it was similar with me. At first I was a bit annoyed that my parents made me play because it was the proper thing to do for a middle class girl." She shrugged. "But later it really grew on me. And now I love playing."

Anna: "Wish I could play violin," Anna put in, catching Mayhem's conversation with Cess, "My parent's wouldn't get me one after I broke my harp."

Ronnie: Dispite herself Ronnie's mask of indifference sliped for just a second, the girl had broken a harp!? No wonder they hadn't let her near a violin.

Remy: "Well better a harp dan someone's ribcage, neh?" He couldn't help remarking wryly.

Hepzibah: "I traveled around a lot myself." Hepzibah nodded in agreement with the others. "I only play the radio." she commented idley.

Cessily: "I can show you." Cessily offered, glancing at Anna. "It's a lovely instrument, really." She turned back to Ronnie and nodded. "Yeah, really. They all found a home here by now."

Mayhem: Mayhem watched Ronnie still before he took off the tophat, sweeping his dreads back and tying them up with two of the longest and plonking it back on at an angle. "I've got a dented sax at home. My dad nearly cried when he saw it." Actually, it had been more at how it got dented. They'd been waiting for him outside the gates.

Anna: "I should see if I can get a good one over here actually... they're a bit big to ship over...." She frowned then realised her cigarette was nearly done, she looked up at Remy, "I don't know what you mean..." she said with an innocent look.

Remy: "Mmhmm." He hopped up to sit on the edge of the railing. "So...how did y'all bump into each other?"

Ronnie: This would be a good test, "Stole his wallet and didn't run far away enough," Ronnie said in a idle voice, but watching them all carefully.

Mayhem: "It had photos in." Mayhem muttered under his breath.

Remy: He snickered. "How did he catch y'? Don' have a light enough touch? Or jus' slow?"

Cessily: "Oh." Cessily said and instinctively held on her violin a bit tighter. "So, did you get a bad conscience?"

Hepzibah: Hepz gripped her back pack a little tighter. "Obviously not a very good pick pocket. Got a second talent?"

Ronnie: "He can scent can't he?" Ronnie shrugged, but grudgingly awarded the guy a seven, "he left it on the table after giving money to a tramp, it's one of life's little lessons huh?"

Mayhem: "Yeah. I was dumb like that. Didn't think about it. Still, no harm done, eh?" Mayhem grinned.

Hepzibah: "No dumb, just trusting, Mayhem." Hepz reassured him with a little smile. She stepped back a little, the smell starting to make her nose numb.

Remy: "Well usually it's polite t' give dem somethin' for it. Y' coulda slipped him a kiss now." He gave them a wink.

Ronnie: "If you say so, so I can keep this then, hmmm Mayflower?" She pulled a hand out of her pocket and showed him his wallet, smirking.

Mayhem: "Oh gods no."

Ronnie: "Naah, I'm not evil enough to do that, he might catch something," she shrugged.

Mayhem: Mayhem looked round at Ronnie and his eyes widened. "Hey!" He readied to pounce on her. "Give that back!"

Ronnie: "Take it, it's got fuck all anything good in it," she tossed it back over at him.

Remy: "Looks like y' found an amour, neh?" Ok, this was shaping up to be fun teasing. "She can't keep her hands off y're ass."

Hepzibah: Hepzibah caught herself laughing at them. "Not twice in one day!!"

Cessily: Cessily had to giggle at Remy's comment. "Well, yeah, no harm done, after all. No?" She looked around the others and showed them a small smile.

Mayhem: Mayhem caught it, spitting out the dead cigarette and grinding it as his tail whipped, checking all the photos were alright. "Mayflower? What the hell kinda name is that?" Okay, photos were alright. Thank the gods. He closed the wallet and slid it back into a pocket, pulling a face. "Not until she's been sprayed with something, no offence."

Ronnie: Ronnie took a hand out of her pocket and stuck her finger into her mouth and started to scrape off some of the fuzz on her teeth, "None taken."

Remy: "Hmmm." He pulled a slight face. "Dat may not be a bad idea. Dere's a whole bathroom upstairs jus' callin' y're name Ronnie."

Cessily: Cessily chuckled and nudged Mayhem with her bare foot. "Hey, if you want someone to slip you a kiss in exchange for something, I might be persuaded to let you play on my violin."

Hepzibah: When Ronnie opened her mouth, Hepzibah thought she might actually pass out form the halitosis. "And tooth brushes." she added, a little desperately.

Ronnie: "Really? Thats nice to know," she sucked the fuzz out from under her finger nail before inserting the finger into her left ear and twirling it around.

Cessily: Cessily glanced sideways at Ronnie, quite glad that she no longer possessed a stomach.

Remy: "Mon Dieu." He turned to Heppie and gave her a look. "Not quite sure what t' say t' dat."

Anna: Anna raised her eyebrows at Ronnie and tried to ignore the sick feeling in her stomach. Ewwww...

Mayhem: Mayhem suddenly had the overwhelming urge to bleach his wallet and while he was there, his hands too. "Only a kiss?" He grabbed the distraction with both hands, smiling at Cessily. "I'd give a lot to play on a violin a while."

Hepzibah: Hepzibah stare wide eyed at Remy's comment and nodded. "We could go...you know...now for that bath..." She wasn't sure how much more of this she could take before she was physically ill.

Ronnie: "Yeah, bath might be a good idea, your fuzz is looking a bit greasy." Ronnie took the finger out of her ear and flicked whatever she'd take out from it over her shoulder.

Cessily: Turning back to Mayhem, she licked her lips and gave him a coy smirk. "Well, if you say it like that, I might feel tempted to raise the price a little." Chuckling, she leaned back against the wall behind her.

Anna: Anna had to turn her back to Ronnie. Too much ick.

Remy: "I'm thinkin' more hose, personally." His nostrils looked slightly pinched.

Mayhem: Mayhem smiled a little uneasily, tail curling. "Really? So I get to cook for you too or somethin'?" He rubbed his nose again.

Anna: "Dettol?" Anna tossed in helpfully.

Hepzibah: "Greasy? Hepz tightened her lips and flexed her hands. "See how I'm not slicing her to pieces." She muttered to the group. "I think I'm getting some self control."

Anna: Anna patted Hepz gentley, "Yes, very well done." She lowered her voice, "I'm not touching that to heal it if you break it."

Mayhem: "I'm getting greasy just sharing her air." Mayhem muttered under his breath to Hepz, digging out another cigarette.

Ronnie: Ronnie grinned malevolently in the seclusion of her coat, and back to the status quo, excellent.

Cessily: Cessily giggled. "Oh, I'd love to have some nice food cooked for me." She gave Mayhem a wink, wondering if he really could be that innocent. "That's not what I was hinting at, however. We could find out what you'd be willing to give to play on my violin."

Hepzibah: "Care to share?" Hepzibah begged a cig from Mayhem or Anna, either one. Cigarette smoke would be ambrosia in her nostrils compared to this foul little twirp.

Anna: Anna tossed Hepz her box, "Have at it."

Mayhem: "Um." Mayhem's ears flicked forward to face Cess as his eyes widened before flicking back to Ronnie, shaking out a ciagerette for Hepz absently. "Well. Um."

Cessily: Cessily looked back and forth between Ronnie and the others, once more very thankful for the ability to shut off her sense of smell at will.

Mayhem: "Maybe we should take Ronnie inside and introduce her to some of that free food." Mayhem said desperately.

Ronnie: "I'm quite sure your friends don't wnat to be in an enclosed space with me," Ronnie said helpfully, wondering if she should pick her nose and see where that got her.

Hepzibah: Hepz found herself inundated with free nicotine. "Much obliged." she grabbed the box Anna tossed and shook one out, then turned to Mayhem. "Light?"

Mayhem: Mayhem dug out a light for Hepz, chewing a lip. "Still. You need t' eat, right?"

Ronnie: "Far be it for me to turn down food," Ronnie shrugged, inserting one finger up her nostril anyway.

Hepzibah: It amazed Hepzibah that anyone could think about food without being sick to their stomach at the moment. She took the lighter gratefully.

Anna: Anna smiled at Hepz, "You're welcome," She took one out for herself and lit it quickly, "Too bad we can't smoke indoors, 'ey?" She commented.

Mayhem: Mayhem gave Anna a long, deadpan glare, ears going back. "Cess. How 'bout we finish that conversation while we feed our guest?" He smiled winningly at her.

Hepzibah: Nodding her head and taking a long drag, Hepz agreed. "Freakin' shame Anna."

Anna: Anna grinned back at Mayhem then nodded to Hepz.

Cessily: "That's a great idea." Cessily replied and hopped off the railing. "We could see what we find in the kitchen and cook something nice. I'm sure Ronnie would like to refresh herself in the meantime." She gave a light laugh.

Remy: He nipped the cigarrette from Heppie, taking a quick drag off of it before passing it back. "Y' know...dere is somethin' t' be said for deadin' y're sense of smell."

Ronnie: "No-oo, I think i'll just have the food," Ronnie said firmly, automatically straightening up a little at the prospect of filling her belly.

Mayhem: Mayhem gave Remy a helpless look. "I don't think it's possible for me and Hepz to deaden it that much, Remy."

Remy: "Seriously...an' not t' offend...but I think y'd break d' health code like dat Ronnie." He examined her. "I mean, I know it's hard an' all, but dere are limits."

Hepzibah: Hepz gave Remy's a playful nudge for snaking her cig, agreed with him. "Anything would help..."

Cessily: Cessily shifted her weight from one leg to the other, feeling a bit helpless at the moment. She focused on holding on to her violin.

Ronnie: Ronnie removed the hand from her nose and wiped it on the side of her coat before looking up at the man, "I ran away when I was fourteen see, you honestly can't think of any reason why a runaway teenaged girl would want to make herself as un-attractive as possible?" she said, her voice and eyes a little dull.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah's eyes softened a little bit. "I ran away when I was thirteen. I do understand that, Ronnie."

Remy: "Of course, petite. But y're not in dat kinda place now. An' I can't imagine it'd be nice feelin' like dat." He tipped his head. "No one's gonna jump y' here."

Ronnie: Ronnie shrugged, "'Course they arn't, i'm vile I am, and worse things happen at sea."

Ronnie: She went back to picking her nose.

Mayhem: Mayhem's tail curled as his ears flattened, suddenly feeling distinctly uncomfortable. "Uh. Food. Shall we?" He said somewhat lamely.

Anna: Anna raised an eyebrow, "You're perfectly safe here. I've been here since Christmas and they've left me alone and look at me - I'm hot!" she grinned.

Remy: "At sea?" He was vastly confused at this point. Anna's comment just caused him to pinch a bit of skin between his brows. "Anyways..."

Cessily: "Yes, there's really nothing to worry about at this place." Cessily confirmed. She turned to Mayhem. "Yes, good idea. We can start cooking something."

Hepzibah: "Can we eat it in a nice, well venitlated area?" Hepzibah whispered.

Ronnie: "Yeah? Guess I'll be the judge of that won't I?" Bah, she shouldn't have said anything, she was starting to get soft in her old age.

Remy: He gave a soft snort. "It's good t' be skeptical petite. Don' blame y' dere. But still..."

Ronnie: Ronnie rolled her eyes and sunk back down into her coat, but still what? There had to be a catch, there always was, no one offered this sort of thing for free in the real world.

Hepzibah: "This is a safe place Ronnie. I was just a skeptical as you when I first came here. Just ask the Cajun." She thumbed over to Remy. "There aren't many places like this for people like us. Stealing Mayhem's wallet may have been the luckiest thing you ever did."

Anna: Anna plonked herself on a chair and leaned back in it, pushing it up onto two legs. Probably not the smartest of moves but it was comfy that way.

Mayhem: Mayhem looked down. "You know what? I'm going in." He put out his cigarette and shoved it back into the pack. "Catch you all later." He muttered, feeling incredibly depressed for some reason.

Remy: "At least y' didn't claw me." He added with a chuckle to her. "An' hell...so was I. Free deals are a load of bullshit, neh?"

Ronnie: "Is he going to where the food is?" Ronnie half turned to follow Mayhem, then smirked a little darkly, "Remy was it? You a mindreader or something?"

Hepzibah: "Anna, you're going to break something you keep doing that." Hepzibah warned the clumsy Anna. "And yes, this was the first time trusting strangers went 'ok' for me." She grinned.

Cessily: "We might masquerade as a religious sect for the outside world, but I can assure you that nothing shifty is going on here." Cessily tossed in. "It's really a nice place to be. Just wait and see."

Anna: Anna grinned at Hep, "Wouldn't be anything I haven't broke before." she replied.

Cessily: "Uhm, yeah." Cessily nodded, looking at the others. "Maybe we should follow him inside and see if we can help with the food."

Mayhem: Mayhem shrugged and pushed his hands in his pockets, tail curling around a leg loosely as he turned to go into the kitchen. Yeah, he was definitely going to talk to Cess about using that violin. "I'll be fine."

Remy: "Nooo..." He bit at his lip slightly and rechecked his dang sheilds. Way too sloppy LeBeau.

Hepzibah: "We masquerade as a religous sect?" Hepz snorted at Cess.

Ronnie: "Funny, it was like you read mine," Ronnie shrugged. Mayflower seemed kinda depressed, maybe it would be a good idea to hang around him, he might comfort eat.

Anna: Anna continued to rock back and forth on her chair. Rocking was fun... they should get rocking chairs. she made a mental note to tell Xavier this.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah cringed at the impending doom that was beginning to surround Anna. She turned to Mayhem so she wouldn't have to watch the crash that was bound to happen in a few seconds. "So, what is for dinner?"

Cessily: "Yep." She nodded at Hepzibah. "I'm not sure which one it was again, but we figured it would raise less questions than a school for mutants. Especially with the whole registration stuff going on right now."

Mayhem: Mayhem shrugged as he opened the door and headed in. "Dunno. I'll find out when I cook it."

Anna: Anna flicked her finished cigarette away and looked up at the blue sky, letting the chair bang back down onto all four legs then looking to see if anyone had thought she'd fallen off.

Hepzibah: "Oh, My favorite! Someone else's cooking!" Hepz rubbed her hands together, the clawed tips clicking.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen