4/28 Instance: Chicken

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Timeline current. Set a couple of days after the fic 'A file Shared is a Problem and a Half'.

Amara: Amara groaned and turned over. She couldn't get comfortable. But she really wanted to nap. Napping meant she didn't have to find something else to do.

Amara: Giving up, she turned the light on and decided to read in stead. Reading through her economics textbook never failed to bore her into sleep. She sat back in bed and propped herself up on some pillows, setting the book on her knees, and began to read.

Neena: "You can do this, Neena Thurman. You are the woman, the fiancee, the mother. You're totally within your right." Neena took a deep breath and steeled herself for what was to come. Raising her hand, she knocked on Amara's door.

Amara: Amara was startled and singed the textbook slightly, "Whoops.... oh well I'm getting better..." she looked over at the door, wondering who it could be. Invite her in then... She grinned and called, "Come in!" setting her book on her bedside table.

Neena: Neena entered with a pained smile, leaning against the door as she shut it behind her. "Hey."

Amara: Amara's surprise was evident on her face, she glanced at the empty chair beside her bed and swallowed, "Er... hi... Did you get my email?"

Neena: She raised an eyebrow. "You sent me an email? When?"

Amara: "Er a few days ago... I used Ben's laptop, I didn't think he'd mind.... didn't you get it?" She shuffled slightly to tuck her legs up under her.

Neena: "You did what? How did you get to Ben's laptop? Wait," she waved her hand. "Why were you on my fiance's laptop in the first place?"

Amara: "I was up in the main part of the school because I was hungry and McCoy was busy, I saw Ben's laptop in the Rec room so I used it to email you because I don't have your address. I don't know where Ben was at the time but I didn't think he'd mind..."

Neena: "I think he would mind very much," Neena said sternly. "You went on his computer without his permission! Not even I do that!" she put her hands on her hips. "And this isn't what I came here to talk to you about anyway. I wanted to talk to you about the work I've been giving you."

Amara: Amara frowned, "Well never mind, it's done now and that's what I emailed you about. I was wondering if you had any more I could do. I'm going crazy with boredom down here, I need something to take my mind off it."

Neena: "Actually," she straightened up. "That's the thing. I really appreciate the help you've been giving me. You've been indispensible and the work you do is amazing. But, I've decided to take it on my own. It wouldn't be fair of me to ask you to work for me when there's...a conflict of interest."

Amara: Amara's frown deepened, "Conflict of interest? What do you mean? I thought this was to help you, to make sure you don't do too much and hurt the baby. I agree with that... I see no conflict there." she realised her foot was tangled a little in her sheets and pulled it out. Much more comfy.

Neena: "I've already spoken with my steward on the estate, he's going to talk to my father about hiring some new personnel. I'm thinking of you, Amara. I can't put on a smiley face and work with someone I...with someone I can't be around."

Amara: Amara chewed her lip and looked down at her lap. He had told her then. She sighed, then looked up at her again, "Neena, I wouldn't be asking for more work if I didn't need it. I really am going crazy down here. You don't have to be around me at all. Just leave stuff with McCoy and he'll pass it on. Please give me something to do..."

Neena: "How can I? I'd just be taking advantage of you. Amara, I thought you were my friend! I thought you of all people would know that a taken man is a taken man! My god, you just lost your husband! You're pregnant! Honor his memory and don't go around kissing engaged men!"

Amara: "Taking advantage of me? No-" she looked away as Neena continued, "Yes I lost my husband and I'm pregnant with his child but that doesn't mean I should remain celibate!" she threw at Neena, head head snapping round to look at her again, "And I don't know why I kissed Ben, I just did.... He was... there..." She looked over at the chair again, "aiutarmi..." she muttered. (("help me"))

Neena: "All the more reason to keep him far from you, then. Look, I'm not going to argue this with you! What you do and how you 'mourn' is your business. But Ben is mine. I wear the ring, I've got the belly, and he sleeps in MY bed. If it was once, fine, but twice? I'm not stupid, Amara. I'm a woman too, you know?"

Amara: Amara nodded, "I know I know. I was very stupid. But it won't happen again. Just don't come down and see me, whatever... but don't cut me out completely, it's not fair..." She drew her knees up to her, "I'm lonely down here don't take away my distraction..."

Neena: Neena pressed her lips together. "I'm sorry, but I can't trust you anymore. Fool me once, shame on you but fool me twice and you know the rest. I'll think about the work, but if I see you around Ben again I won't be held responsible for what I say or what I do. This isn't what friends to do each other, and I always assumed you knew this."

Amara: Amara threw a distraught look at the chair then turned back to Neena, "Look I said I'm sorry and it won't happen again... what more do you want me to say? I didn't mean to do it... you have to know that. I don't want to break you two up, believe me... that's the last thing I want... to leave another child without her father..." she gave up and looked away at the opposite wall again.

Neena: "There is nothing more to stay. Just stay away from him. That's all." She turned to go, but stopped on her way to the door. "Ben isn't the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to women. Well, when it comes to a lot of things. But he's my idiot and I'll be damned if anyone else gets any part of him that's supposed to be mine. I'll get back to you on the paperwork, once I've calmed down."

Amara: Amara sniffled and looked back at Neena, "I'm not going to go looking for him. I can't while I'm down here anyway so I'll have no trouble keeping away from him. I'm not trying to take him from you... I just wanted a friend, that's all." She dropped her gaze to the floor. "I'm sorry I crossed the line."

Neena: "Then ask for a friend. We're all here for you, Amara. You don't have to think you need to suffer alone, ok? Really."

Amara: "Don't I?" Amara got up and went over to her, "You've basically just told me I can't see one of my best friends in this place. If anyone else hears about this, how long is it going to be before they all stop seeing me too? I'm alone down here. And I'm stuck down here until Xavier says otherwise. It's not my choice if people come and visit and so far no one has since Ben was down here except by accident. I'm feeling a bit neglected..."

Amara: She sighed and turned her back on Neena, looking at the chair again. "Dire qualcosa..." she said quietly, "Questo è la sua colpa..." (("Say something." "This is your fault."))

Neena: Was she talking to herself? "English would be appreciated," Neena sniffed. "And yeah, so what? He's been given the same order. Look, if you need someone to talk to you then tell McCoy. I'm sure he will think of something."

Amara: "I wasn't talking to you." Amara told her, without looking at her. "There's nothing to be done about it. If they don't want to come down here they don't have to. I have no right to make them. I'm not going to go demanding people come and see me, that's something I would have done a couple of years ago... I thought I'd grown out of that sort of thing...."

Amara: She chewed her lip, "If you don't want to give me any work, fine...." she turned, "but be it on your head if I lose my marbles."

Neena: "It's on no one's head but your own if you lose your marbles or whatever," Neena sniffed. "And I already told you I'd think about the paperwork, so leave that to my decision, ok?"

Amara: "No one's fault but mine?" Amara repeated, "It's not my fault I'm dangerous! I didn't choose this mutation! I hate it!"

Neena: "That's not what I'm saying. We can't choose our powers or whether we have these mutations. What I'm saying is if you're bored and lonely then say so. That's all." Neena sighed. "I understand your situation, and I'll try to help you, but I still won't excuse what you did. At least not for now. Fair?"

Amara: "I have said so! And I'm saying so now!" Amara tried to calm down. This was the reason she was here afterall. She walked to the other side of the room and poked at the wall, "I'm not asking you to excuse what I did. I don't excuse what I did...." She leaned her head against the wall, "I'm angry at myself.... and part of me's a little mad at Ben..." she admitted more to herself than to Neena.

Amara: She straightened up and turned to look at her again, "I don't really have much of a choice do I? You're calling the shots here - you're the one that's free to come and go as you please."

Neena: "Excuse me but I'm not free to come and go as I please, I'm on partial bedrest remember? And yeah, I'm calling the shots. Hello, do you, like, recognize the situation?" she stopped herself and took a deep breath.

Neena: "I'm done arguing about this with you, Amara. I've made my point clear, you've apologized, you know what I asked for, now we can move on. Ok?"

Amara: Amara shrugged, she didn't have any moving on to do - that was all Neena as far as she was concerned. "Yeah... I suppose... whatever..." she mumbled, "Rinuncio," she said to the chair, "ha inventato la sua mente..." (("I give up, she's made up her mind."))

Neena: Aaaand we were back to talking to a chair. "Ok, so I need to get lunch, do you want anything from the kitchen?"

Amara: Amara blinked in surprise, she was going to come back? with food?! She nodded vigorously, "Please... um... I don't know what though..." she said apologetically. To be fair, it had be sprung on her.

Neena: "Well we're both pregnant so I'll just bring you some of whatever I have," Neena nodded. "Until then try and rest, ok?"

Amara: Amara nodded, "I've been trying all day but I can't get comfortable... I think I need to burn off some energy... can't do that in here though." She sighed and sank onto her bed again, "I should have gone with option two....."

Neena: "Option two?" Neena raised an eyebrow. "Somehow I don't like the sound of an option two. I'll bring down some food soon, I'm kind of in the mood for some stir fry."

Amara: "Mmmm stirfy.... Is there chicken?" Amara looked hopeful, then realised there'd been a question, "Option two was my powers being turned off. I didn't like that idea... freaked me out..." she shuddered.

Neena: "Oh, the patch thing. Rogue got one, right?" she vaguely remembered Ben mentioning it to her. "Might not be a bad idea...anyway yeah there's chicken, I'll add it in. Be back in thirty or so."

Amara: Amara shook her head, "No patch - I'm pregnant. Xavier would have to poke around in there... And there's things I'd rather keep secret and private." She lay on her side and curled up slightly, "Chicken sounds good..." she yawned, maybe she could nap for a bit.... "Thanks Neena..."

Neena: She briefly wondered how she ended up making lunch for a woman she wanted to kill the other day. Oh well...she was getting soft again. "Sure thing."
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Neena gave in too easy.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige »

She's pregnant, she's here and there. Just wait for it...:shifty
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

I wouldn't have given in that easy. even pregnant. in fact that would have made me stick to my post more steadfast.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

She's a generously loving and empathic person though.

Which is why Ben loves her so damn much!

Not to mention Amara is also so damn lovable! I mean those cheeks! That puppy face! That hair!... Those.... shoulders.... that butt.... those breasts....
Uh...:shifty *cough*
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS