4/27 Instance: The Chosen One

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Timeline: Current, please.

rachel: Rachel slipped out of the classroom with a yawn and adjusted the bag on her shoulder as she made her way down the hallway, scrubbing at her face. Why did classes have to be so long and boring?

Rogue: Rogue smiled and waved as her classmates scattered for their next class and she went down the hall, shifting the bag on one shoulder to be worn on both. It wasn't so easy to carry around a bunch of books when there was no superstrength to be had.

rachel: She caught sight of Rogue coming down the hall and let out a sigh. There wasn't really anywhere to hide, and she kinda had to go the way she was for her next class. Maybe she could get away with just not saying anything?

Rogue: Rogue saw Rachel and smiled, stopping by her, "Hey, Firefly! How're ya doin'?"

rachel: Or maybe she couldn't. "You're... cheery," Rachel stopped and leaned back against the wall, "I'm alive."

Rogue: "Well... Life is goin' pretty good f' me. Why would Ah not be?" She frowned at Rae, "What's wrong?"

rachel: She gave a shrug, "Nothing's wrong."

Rogue: "Then why are ya just 'alive'?"

rachel: "I dunno. Not like I have anything new going on..."

Rogue: "Oh. Well alright then." Rogue chewed her lip for a moment. "Ah might not be here next year..."

rachel: Rachel gave her a puzzled look, "Why not?"

Rogue: "'Cause Ah'm thinkin' 'bout transferrin' ta NYU... Only Sam knows but Ah wanted ta get another opinion..."

rachel: "Why? Next year would be your last one here..." she glanced down at the floor, refraining from adding more to the that.

Rogue: "'Cause Ah don't have powers anymore." She shrugged, "Makes more sense."

rachel: "Guess it's your choice, and you should do whatever you want. You could go anywhere else without powers though, so why NYU?"

Rogue: "'Cause it's here. An' Ah wouldn't leave y'all that way." She chewed her lip, "Think Sam might go with me... But Ah doubt it."

rachel: "Yeah..." Rachel just nodded, debating how she should feel about this. She hadn't really been thrilled with Rogue because of the whole maid of honor thing, but she didn't really want her to leave either.

Rogue: Rogue shrugged, "We're still thinkin' 'bout it though. An' talkin' it over."

rachel: "Well, it'd suck to not have you around all the time, but it's up to you."

Rogue: "Yeah? Wouldn't have thought y'all would've noticed," she poked her tongue out at her playfully. "What with y'all avoidin' me..."

rachel: Rachel bit down on her lip and glanced at the floor, giving a shrug, "Yeah... just busy, y'know..."

Rogue: "Mmhmm." Rogue gave her a look then shrugged, "Hey, Ah get it. Lots o' people ain't wantin' ta be 'round me right now. No offense taken." Not much anyhow.

rachel: She caught the look and blew out a breath, raising an eyebrow, "Why doesn't anyone wanna be around you? Not that it really matters since I have my reason..."

Rogue: "So what is ya reason, Rae?"

rachel: "Figured it'd be kinda obvious, but..." Rachel pulled her gaze from the floor, "I'm still kinda irritated about the whole maid of honor thing."

Rogue: Rogue took a breath, "Yeah. Figured as much. An' Ah'm sorry, hun... But Ah really think it's better this way..."

rachel: "Yeah, so I basically have to choose between my best friends. It's wonderful." Rachel ran a hand through her hair and realized how bitchy that probably sounded, "Sorry."

Rogue: "It's alright... Ah just... If Ah thought Ah could just suck it up an' deal until everythin' was over, ya know Ah would, hun... But Ah don't wanna cause a scene'r anythin' at ya weddin'... Ah just don't think it'd be avoidable if we had ta be tagether like that."

rachel: "She doesn't even know you don't like her, so I don't think there'd be much of a scene. Though, I imagine one would be way more exciting than wedding vows," she rolled her eyes. "It's just... there's a reason I wanted you to be maid of honor opposed to Cess or Neena..."

Rogue: "Hun... It's not that Ah don't wanna be maid o' honor. Ah'm still honored that ya asked me in tha first place... Ah just... Ah coulda handled it if she was just tha photographer. Ah said that."

rachel: "Well, I needed other bridesmaids, and I dunno who else I was supposed to ask..."

Rogue: Rogue gave a shrug, not sure what to tell her. She knew Rachel likely thought she was being selfish, but Rogue just did not feel comfortable about it. "How was class?" Change of subject?

rachel: She sighed and just went with it, "I'm going with boring since I fell asleep."

Rogue: "That ain't good, gal. Should pay attention."

rachel: "I tried. It just didn't work." Rachel chewed on her lip thoughtfully. She didn't really want to bring it back up, but... "Will you at least still help me with everything?"

Rogue: "So long as Ah don't gotta deal with Cessily at all, yeah. But she's already helpin' ya out so much already, why not ask her?" Ok, that was a bit bitter.

rachel: She frowned and rolled her eyes, "You know what... Nevermind. I shouldn't have asked."

Rogue: "If ya don't want tha help, no ya shouldn't have."

rachel: "Except I do and I'll probably need it, but I don't want to deal with you throwing everything in my face."

Rogue: "Who said Ah was throwin' anythin' in ya face?"

rachel: "Well, it kinda seems like it. If you want me to choose between you and Cess, just say so. I can give you the answer right now..." Rachel didn't really want to, but whatever.

Rogue: "Ah don't want ya ta hafta do that. That's tha whole reason Ah pulled out. 'Cause Ah don't want ya ta hafta deal with it down tha line an' pick who stays an' who goes. 'Cause, Rachel, there is likely no way in hell we'd both be able ta stay an' have anythin' be peaceful."

rachel: "Yeah, instead I have to deal with it now. And, Cess is fairly peaceful, and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't quit. She'd probably at least try to deal." Yeah, that probably sounded bitchy, too.

Rogue: "Sounds like Ah ain't gonna hafta ask ya ta choose anyway... Wasn't gonna but Ah guess ya already have."

rachel: "I've thought about a lot, yeah," Rachel admitted, glancing up at her, "I don't really want to, but I don't see how I can't make a choice. I don't want to be stuck in the middle of this for the next seven months and removing yourself doesn't really help, even though I know you're trying to make it easier for me."

Rogue: "Ah'm tryin' ta make it so ya don't hafta choose. But if that's what y'all want, Ah ain't gonna stop ya."

rachel: She dropped her bag and slid down the wall to sit. Pulling her knees up to her chest, she nodded to a spot next to her and rested her chin on her knees, "Explain to me how I don't have to."

Rogue: Rogue sighed and sat down next to her. "Ah already told ya Ah'd help so long as Ah didn't hafta be 'round her. An' Ah ain't doin' this ta make ya choose even though Ah know it seems that way... It's kinda more like bowin' out gracefully."

rachel: "It's just I feel kinda bad about the whole thing. Like, I knew you didn't like her, but I wanted her as a bridesmaid because she's one of my best friends. Then, I feel like it's my fault you quit, and I feel terrible for working on everything with Cess. It's like a lose-lose situation, and it's hard not to feel like I'm choosing between you two... especially when I'm pissy and kinda avoiding you. You kinda get what I mean?"

Rogue: "Yeah. Ah get it. An' Ah'd likely feel tha same way if we were in reversed positions. But hun, it ain't ya fault. She's y'all's friend an' ya should be able ta have who ya want in ya line. An' if things were a lil bit more calm b'tween me an' her, Ah'd just deal. Ya know Ah would."

rachel: Rachel shifted, moving to rest her head on Rogue's shoulder once she remembered there was the whole patch thing that prevented the whole memory sucking process, "Yeah, I know. It's just... ugh. Still have no idea who I'm going to have fill the spot because no one I have in mind would really push me to do things I don't want to, unlike you."

Rogue: She frowned down at Rachel, "Hey. It's only 'cause ya need ta. What 'bout Bobby?"

rachel: "Didn't say it was a bad thing," she gave a slight grin in return. "I think Josh has dibs on him."

Rogue: "So? Take him away."

rachel: "I dunno. He didn't look very good in a red dress... though that could have to do with the fact that we were all drunk, and the dress was an illusion..."

Rogue: "Ah don't wanna know. An' who says he has ta wear a dress? Ah wore pants ta be his best woman. But he offered ta let me wear a dress. He could wear a tux."

rachel: "Why would I pass up the chance to put Bobby in a dress and have the pictures around for the rest of my life?" she smirked. "One problem, too. I really don't imagine Bobby, me, and wedding planning going very well. I mean, we can't even make it through detention without doing something stupid."

Rogue: "So don't let him help plan. Ah can still do that, ya know..."

rachel: "True. So, really, you get to do all the hard stuff, and he just has to stand there. Sounds like a good deal for Bobby."

Rogue: "Ha. Yup. Ah think he'd enjoy that really... So..." She put her head on Rachel's, "We good?"

rachel: "Yeah, I think so..." she glanced up at her, "Wanna know who I would've chosen? Not that there's much reason now, but just so you know..."
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

:icey? :shifty

And I'm still agreeing with Rachel that Rogue put her in a bad position.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

rachel: "Yeah, I think so..." she glanced up at her, "Wanna know who I would've chosen? Not that there's much reason now, but just so you know..."
Nuuu!!

Why the cliff hanger!?

Or did it cut??

TBH, I side with slarti however; .... friggin hilarious thought...

Maid of Honor - :iceman
Bridesmaids:
:spidey
:deadpool
:gambit
:mastermind
:cannonball
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

was def a cliff hanger. all tears' idea :D she wanted to be :eeevil
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Esynthia wrote:was def a cliff hanger. all tears' idea :D she wanted to be :eeevil
Yeah... night before my english midterm. figured I'd share my suffering in some form.

Also, never thought about Remy. Red would match his eyes... :shifty