5/3 Instance: A Dish Best Served Cold

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Time Line – A few days after 'Huge Misunderstoodings'

<Hepzibah> Rapping her spoon against the rim of her coffee mug, Hepzibah sat it down and went to take a sip. It was more cream and sugar than coffee, but technically it was still coffee. But as the mug reached her lips, she sighed and put the mug back down.

<Hepzibah> She dug her hand into her pocket and took the pendent out. She shook her head. "If you had brains, you'd be dangerous girl," she admonished herself.

<Hector> Hector put his book down and shook his head. Ok... need food before I go any farther.... He grabbed his backpack and headed down to the kitchen, tummy rumbling as he walked. "Definitely need some eats...."

<Hepzibah> She caught Hector's scent before he was halfway down the hall. She almost slinked out the door before he got there, but instead she stayed her ground and forced a smile. "Hey Hec, what's up?" she gripped the mug as he sauntered into the kitchen.

<Hector> Hec slipped into the kitchen, and looked quickly around when he heard his name. "Oh.. Hey, not much, study break.... Need a sandwich. What ya up to?"

<Hepzibah> "Me?" She shrugged. "You know, just thought I'd take a study break too. You know, get a cup of coffee." She lied and picked the mug back up. She took a big swig to distract herself and immediately spewed it all over the counter. "Shit!" She dropped the mug with a comically disgusted look.

<Hector> "Oh yeah, totally good cup of coffee.... That stuff will stunt your growth." He grinned, and walked over and picked the mug up off the floor. "Better hold onto it better...." He walked over to the fridge and poked through it.

<Hepzibah> "Ok, what moron puts the salt and the sugar in containers that look exactly alike?!" She grimaced and took the mug from Hector. "Thanks," she took the mug and set it in the sink, then picked up a towel to clean up the floor and counter.

<Hector> Hec grabbed some lunch meat and cheese and walked over to the counter. He snagged some bread and started to put it all together. "Well... the salt shaker does say salt on it, so just pay more attention." He said helpfully.

<Hepzibah> "Yeah, guess that was pretty stupid of me." Hepz cleared her throat and laughed. She quickly wiped up the mess as best she could and put the towel in the sink. Then she stood next to Hector at the counter. She took a look around and took a sniff to make sure they were alone. "Um, Hec?"

<Hector> "Um, yeah?" He finished making his sandwich and took a bite.

<Hepzibah> She bit her lip and crossed her arms. "I, um..." She looked at the floor for a second. "I owe you an apology."

<Hector> "For what? Not my counter, I don't care if you make a mess." He said while chewing.

<Hepzibah> She blinked at him for a moment and clenched her fists. "You know, you are the most-" She caught herself and took a deep breath. "I'm not talking about the counter, Hector. I meant about the other day...in the van."

<Hector> "Oh... right...." He took another bite and turned and leaned back against the counter. "So..." He sat looking at her.

<Hepzibah> Hepzibah had rehearsed the smooth apology she was going to give Hec till she knew it by heart. But as he stared down at her, she found herself floundering. "I..." She looked away again.

<Hepzibah> "I'm sorry, Hector. You've done nothing but be nice to me since I got here and I...I threw it in your face the first chance I got." She looked at him briefly, then trained her eyes on the floor again. "You didn't deserve that."

<Hector> "Yeah, pretty much." He shrugged. Finally a grin escaped. He put his hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry about it, probably won't be the last time I say something stupid that get taken wrong..."

<Hepzibah> "It wasn't stupid. We were talking Mardi Gras beads - you were joking and I completely over reacted." She put her hand over his as it rested on her shoulder. "It's just..." She shook her head. "It doesn't matter." Digging into her pocket, she pulled the necklace back out. "I totally understand if you want this back. I certainly didn't earn it."

<Hector> "Keep it, I told you it's yours." He gave her a kiss on the forehead, and then took a bite.

<Hepzibah> She smiled and stared at the green catseye. It was beautiful, but she'd just felt to guilty to wear it. Now she stared up at him with a little grin. "Give me a hand with it?"

<Hector> "K." He held the sandwich in his mouth, and took the necklace, and placed it around her neck again.

<Hector> "Better?"

<Hepzibah> She nodded but kept her head down. "Better if you forgive me," she whispered. She tried to ignore the fact that he had a sandwich hanging out of his mouth.

<Hector> He grinned, and pulled the sandwich out. "I guess..." He rolled his head back and forth a bit.

<Hepzibah> "You guess?" Hepz turned to face Hector and raised an eyebrow as she watched him. "Neck hurt?"

<Hector> "Ha... no. Just messing. I'll forgive ya..... This time...." He eyed her, grinned again, and then turned and walked to the fridge. "Need something to drink."

<Hepzibah> Hepzibah laughed and got two glasses out of the cupboard. "Me too. I still need to get that nasty salted coffee taste out of my mouth." She made a face and grabbed a plate for Hec to put his sandwich on while she was at it.

<Hector> He grabbed a bottle of orange juice and brought it over to the counter and poured some out. "Good thing this doesn't need any sugar."

<Hepzibah> "Smart ass." she smirked and bumped him with her hip. "Next time I'll be sure to taste it first and make sure its sugar before I mix it into anything."

<Hector> "That or just use the one labeled sugar ?" He grinned again, bumping back.

<Hepzibah> She focused on pouring the OJ and recapping it. "That would be easier, wouldn't it?" She still grinned, but it was a little dull. "Kind of like using a plate for your sandwich." Her grin perked back up, sliding the dish over to him.

<Hector> "No... it'd be like using a plate for my orange juice." He smirked and then finished off the rest of his sandwich.

<Hepzibah> Hepz grinned devilishly and leaped onto the counter. She held his orange juice over his head. "Or I could just pour it over your pointed head!" She tilted the glass dangerously and laughed.

<Hector> "Pointed?..." He ran a hand through his hair. "It's not pointed...." He reached out quickly and clenched her calves. "I would not do that if I were you...." He grinned up at her.

<Hepzibah> "I could make your head pointed." She grinned, then raised an eyebrow at his hands on her calves. "Hector - you wouldn't dare..." She kept the glass where it was, putting them in a stale mate.

<Hector> "Oh you know I would..." He raised an eyebrow.

<Hepzibah> She tipped the glass a tiniest bit more, with a mock menace. "So would I..." She could barely keep from bursting out laughing.

<Hector> He slowly moved his hands a bit, and pinched the back of her legs and pulling. "Uh huh.... Bring it...."

<Hepzibah> Her legs twitched involuntarily as Hector's fingers nipped at her calves. She sighed in defeat. "Well, in for a penny-" she dumped the glass over his head and somersaulted over his shoulders. "In for a pound!!" She danced away, laughing. "Catch me if you can!!"

<Hector> "Oh... You gonna get it now...." He turned, eyed her, and then vanished.

<Hepzibah> Hepzibah crouched low and listened intently. She heard a foot step and skitted away from it. "I can hear you, Hector..." she taunted in a sing-song voice.

<Hector> "I can see you Hepz..." He singsonged back before moving around quickly. He started to stalk after her.

<Hepzibah> Spinning around, Hepz tried to pinpoint his location with his voice, but he'd gone silent again. "Well, aren't you clever? Using your keen sense of sight to see what's in plain view." She tried to goad him into a retort.

<Hector> He grinned, knowing full well what she was trying to do. He quietly pulled his shirt off and stashed it out of view under a stool. "Think I'm going to fall for that?" He said and quietly moved away again.

<Hepzibah> "If I'm very lucky you will." She grinned like a Cheshire cat and twirled toward his voice, her tail twitching madly. She made for the his scent and came up with an abandoned shirt. She tossed it back down, frustrated. "Come out, come out, where ever you are..."

<Hector> He grinned and snuck up behind her while she was frustrated. He quickly wrapped his arms around her. "Got ya."

<Hepzibah> Hepz shrieked in surprise as he hugged her tight, and struggled slightly. "Let me go!!" She was laughing so hard, she could barely get the words out.

<Hector> He snatched the other glass of OJ from the counter, and dumped it over her head quickly. "Aww.... and she was all yellow...."

<Hepzibah> Her shriek took an a whole new pitch as the orange juice pour over her head and down her shirt. "Hector!!" she cried with her eyes shut tight against the deluge.

<Hector> "Revenge is best served cold...." He picked up a piece of ice and slipped it down the back of her shirt. "You know... I don't think yellow is really your color."

<Hepzibah> Twisting out of his arms, she arched wildly trying to get the ice out. "You little shit! I oughta smack you!!" The ice fell to the floor and she grabbed Hector, pinning him to the floor. "If I didn't have to get this out of my fur, I'd get you good!!" she threatened, still laughing.

<Hector> "Aww... Yeah, better jump in the shower quick before it stains." He grinned, looking up at her from the ground.

<Hepzibah> "You could use a shower yourself," she chuckled, leaning down and kissing him. "You're going to get all sticky."

<Hector> "Don't cats give tongue baths?" He winked.

<Hepzibah> "It's been known to happen..." she smirked, twirling her tail around and leaning back up.

<Hector> He raised up to his elbows. "Good to know." He smiled again, "Gonna have to get down and dirty with you more often....."

<Hepzibah> "Promises, promises." she joked, then grinned. "Shower?"

<Hector> "Thought you'd never ask." He reached for his discarded shirt and started to get up.

<Hepzibah> "Yeah, right. You know me better than that." She smirked, standing and waiting. "So who goes first?"

<Hector> "At the same time if I can time it right..." He replied without thinking.

<Hepzibah> She slid her arms up to his shoulders when he'd stood up. "I think that could be arranged." She grinned.
<Hector> "I should hope so..." He kissed her, and started to lead her back to the bed room. "I'm sure somebody'll clean that up" He motioned to the mess on the floor and counter.

<Hepzibah> She smiled and returned his kiss. "Yeah." She didn't even give the spilled OJ a second glance, preferring to keep her eyes on him instead. "I got better things to do right now..."

[Edited on 3/5/09 by fourpawsonthefloor]
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Tongue bath....hmmm...
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I liked the pointed head comment. I had a picture of her using his head like a sharpening post until it was that way.

Only that'd be kinda gross...
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.