5/9 Instance: In Good Hands

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Timelined March 29, after the game

Mayhem: Mayhem shifted uncomfortably. He didn't like the medlab on any usual day, and today was no different. "Er. Doc? You asked to see me?" He poked his head around the door.

DrMcCoy: Hank looked up from his coffee. "Ah, yes, Mr De Noir. How are you feeling today?" He rose to his feet to usher him inside. This was... difficult, and Hank wasn't looking forward to it, but it was still too early to be absolutely sure. "How are your symptoms? Any improvement?"

Mayhem: "Well, they haven't got better." Mayhem pulled a face as he sidled into the room. "Um. No. No improvement."

DrMcCoy: "Hmm." He looked the boy over, in large part by looking up, and turned to walk into an examination room. Hank flicked on the light and patted the bed. "Why don't you have a seat, son."

Mayhem: Mayhem pulled a face. "Do I have a choice?" He swallowed, looking around quickly before heading to where the doctor patted. "So um...when do I get the cream and the lecture, eh?"

DrMcCoy: "Well, I'm afraid it's not that simple." Hank wheeled the computer over and pulled up the electronic file. "You have an infection of the human papillomavirus, which in man cases is simple to treat. However, your test results have shown some abnormality."

Mayhem: "...Um. In English?" He didn't like the word 'abnormality'. "So you'll be giving me the special cream for this then?"

DrMcCoy: "It's shown a possible malignancy, which while not unheard of from this virus, is unusual. Then again, we are unusual people." Hank adjusted his glasses. "I'm afraid there's no cream for cancer." He winced. He could have worded it better, but it was best to get the word out there.

Mayhem: Mayhem just stared. He opened his mouth and then shut it again, swallowing heavily. Then he tried again. "Wh-what?"

DrMcCoy: "I'll have to do a biopsy, run a few more tests first, but there's a good likelihood the lab was correct." Hank nodded, mostly to himself. "The sooner we can get on top of this, the better the outcome for recovery. If you're free for a few hours, I can do the biopsy now."

Mayhem: "I-I...well...I-I don't think...I'd be able to...yeah, class." Mayhem shook his head, thoughts going slowly. "Um...sure, I can do it now." Cancer. "B-better outcome's a good thing, right?"

DrMcCoy: "A better outcome is absolutely a good thing. That means successful treatment." He swapped out his glasses for his protective goggles, for the moment resting them on his forehead. "I can certainly write you a note for teacher, if necessary." He smirked a little.

Mayhem: "Um. That. That would be good. The last time I ducked outta class I was given an essay for my trouble. You got any idea how annoying those things are? Well, you are a doc, I'd hate to imagine how many you've done." His mouth was running on automatic as he sat back for McCoy. "Gods, mum's gonna kill me."

DrMcCoy: "Ah-ah." Hank motioned for him to sit up again, rummaging in a drawer and withdrawing a light blue hospital down. "I would like to give you a local anaesthetic, but I'm not entirely certain it would take in my experience with our other feral students."

Mayhem: Mayhem took the gown. "Local? Huh? Um. What do you need to do?"

DrMcCoy: "Well, I need to do a biopsy." He opened another drawer and withdrew his instruments, taking a lab coat from a coathook for himself. "A tissue sample. From the, ah, affected area."

Mayhem: That got his numbed mind working. "Wait. With no anaesthetic?!" He held the gown up like a shield. No, he can't have meant that. Mayhem closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. "Sorry. What do you want me to do?"

DrMcCoy: "First I'd like for you to change into that, since I'd like to maintain as much sterility as possible. And we certainly can try the anaesthetic." He nodded to himself, retrieving a specimen jar from the small fridge and neatly labeling it.

Mayhem: Mayhem muttered something and changed into the gown. He would be feeling self conscious if he wasn't feeling numb. "I'd like to try anaesthetic. Please. Even if it doesn't work." Peace of mind, peace of mind, think of England...

DrMcCoy: "Certainly!" Hank tried to give the boy a reassuring smile. He went to fetch the meds from the locked cabinet outside, frowning when he noticed his surgical drill out of place. These students, always playing with things. He turned it on just to make sure it wasn't damaged, the revving whir filling the room.

Mayhem: Mayhem was behind the bed, nothing showing besides a pair of black eyes and laid back ears over the edge of it by the time the whir had died away, a low growl in the back of his throat as his claws dug into the sides. Peace of mind!!

DrMcCoy: Satisfied it was unharmed, Hank paused on his way back into the room. Now where had he.... aha! "What're you doing over there, Mr De Noir?" He patted the bed again and pulled a sheet of absorbent paper over the surface.

Mayhem: "Drill." Mayhem said, as if that explained everything. "Er."

DrMcCoy: Hank just looked at him for a moment, then blinked. "Ahhh! No, I won't be using a drill on you." He patted the bed again encouragingly. "And I have drugs for you."

Mayhem: Mayhem stood slowly and peered suspiciously at the doctor, before climbing back on the bed. "Drugs sweeten the deal, doc." He murmured. Wait, so he was happy with scalpels but not drills? Don't think about it.

DrMcCoy: "They usually do," he chuckled, setting the capped syringe onto his tray and arranging his instruments to his liking. "I would like to schedule a CT scan for you as well. It's good practice to corroborate results before we make a complete diagnosis."

Mayhem: Needles, knives, painful things - cancer - Mayhem swallowed. "Anything that helps. So long as it doesn't involve removing it all. Um."

DrMcCoy: "No, no. This is just a biopsy. Small tissue sample. It will, however, not be the most comfortable thing in the world, considering its location." Hank nattered on, snapping his goggles into place. "The glans penis contains a predominance of free nerve endings, after all."

DrMcCoy: Oh. He stopped himself. "Yes, we will schedule a CT, perhaps an MRI. Results from the biopsy will be back within a week."

Mayhem: "Glans. Um. Tip. Right?" Sensitive. Veeery sensitive. "Um. You have got the anaesthetic?" A dark blush covered his cheeks. Better outcome. Just think of that. "A week? That long?"

DrMcCoy: "Yes, I do." He urged the boy to lie back. Relaxing, he was sure, was out of the question. "I'll give you the injection and give it time to take effect. Then we'll go from there."

DrMcCoy: "Well, it takes a bit of time to ensure a proper diagnosis, yes?" He awkwardly patted Mayhem's hand before moving away to snap on a pair of gloves. "Don't worry, we'll get through this."

Mayhem: We'll get through this. Mayhem lay back, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. "Yeah. Guess I'm in the best hands there." Then he realised what he said. "...Given circumstances."
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

aww poor mayhem. had some VERY amusing lines though from both of them. was snickering nearly the entire time. ><
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

wow, even with a doctor it still sounds a bit uncomfortable. Hehehe, in the best hands, it's funny because our Hank is original big hand Hank.