5/10 Instance: Cat Barf

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline - Day after 'Consoling Cancer', and right after the fic 'Walk it Off'

Mayhem: Mayhem shivered in the rain, cramping tail making him limp. It was shoved into a pair of trousers and he'd already fallen over at least three times in the mud. Where was he again? Some park or other. Eh, he could follow the scent trail back.

Mayhem: The miserable drizzle wasn't helping his mood by confusing the scent either - he'd already lost it a couple of times, which was easy considering this was the first time he'd seriously used it to track someone down. But it gave him an excuse to be away from the school, after learning he had cancer. No, don't think about it.

Mayhem: A couple of minutes later he realised the scent was really strong, maybe only a few hours old, and a few steps down the line he recognised a sodden, sniffling lump curled up under a bench. He made his way over to it. "Ronnie?"

Ronnie: Ronnie sneezed, her head down between her knees, this rain just hadn't fucking let up, and she'd had no luck trying to find a decent place to shelter from it, the cops either came sniffing around and she had to move on, or they were already occupied and she'd rather be out in the rain then put herself in that sort of risk.

Ronnie: The rainwater dripped off her long fringe, making her hair even greasier and eyes that looked even more sunken the usual peered out as she half lifted her head up at the mention of that name, "Eh? Oh God ... not you again." she grumbled, shaking her head to try and get some of the water out of her eyes and coughing.

Mayhem: Mayhem couldn't smell much in the rain but he didn't like what he could. Muttering, he ignored the girl and crouched down, going to put his hand on his forehead and then remembering her reaction from last time. "Look, I'm gonna touch you, okay? Just...don't bite me, I have enough issues." So saying, he tested his temperature and swore.

Mayhem: Standing up, he pulled off his jacket and then his hoodie and wrapped them around the girl. "You're burnin' up, Ron. How long have you been out in the rain?"

Ronnie: "Huh? Dunno, when'd it start?" She sneezed again, grunting a little and trying to jerk away from his hand, "I'm fine, go back to your school 'kay?" She wiped her nose and leaned back against the bench, "'S jus' a cold see." She coughed.

Mayhem: "Yeah, I can see. Try standing up for me?" He'd seen his grandad have something like this, and he'd been in full care by that point.

Ronnie: "I'd rather not, then the ground i'm sittin' on will get wet see?" She tried to laugh, but it turned into a hacking cough, "bleeh."

Mayhem: Mayhem sighed. "You're sick, Ronnie. Come on, you're coming back with me. Why'd you leave anyway?"

Ronnie: Ronnie shook her head, it felt like it was stuffed with cotton wool, "No hospitals, 'kay? I'm not goin' to any hospitals," she coughed again, "It's jus' a cold."

Mayhem: "We'll see. And no, it's not." Mayhem sighed. Screw this. He leant down, hooking an arm around her back and her knees and lifted her easily. "Back to the school. McCoy can probably help you there."

Ronnie: Ronnie made a half-hearted attempt at struggling, but felt to crap to put up a real fight, "'M not a charity," she whined.

Mayhem: "I'm sure. And I'm not treating you like one, no one is. Thanks for the twenty bucks, by the way, but I'd've preferred you just to pass on the favour." Mayhem started walking, then paused and pulled his tail out. Fuck the stares, he needed to be able to walk properly damnit.

Ronnie: Ronnie sneezed again, "You gotta pay back all your debts, dad said, so's you're owin' no favours," she sniffled again, struggling a little again, everything felt sore but she objected to being carried back home like an errant kitten.

Mayhem: "He did?" It occured to him that he'd never heard Ronnie talk about her parents. "Sounds like a sensible guy." His dreads quickly became sodden without the hoodie and his tail already had a muddy colour to it. Now he was somewhere he recognised, he was walking a little faster.

Ronnie: Ronnie sneezed, "I miss him, this never would have happened if he hadn't ..." she sniffled and sneezed again, her eyes were dry, they were the only part of her that was, "Why're you helpin' me?"

Mayhem: "Hadn't what? If you hadn't run away?" Mayhem smiled down at her. "Ronnie, I don't need a reason. You're sick, you need somewhere to stay and right now, someone to look after you. I'm not looking for money or anything. I just want you to be alright." He sneezed and for a moment wondered if he was getting ill too - and then had to bite back the slightly desperate laugh. Like he could get iller.

Ronnie: "Died," Ronnied said bluntly, "not a charity," she repeated sullenly, head lolling against his shoulder with a small groan.

Mayhem: "Oh." Burn. Mayhem squeezed Ronnie a little tighter. "Not treating you like one. Stop thinking we are." He said it a little harsher then he meant to but the black depression he'd sunk into after finding out hadn't lifted one iota. "So...is that why you ran?"

Ronnie: Ronnie wriggled in a disgruntled manner, "'Nough with the huggin' already." She evaded his next question though, she wasn't ill enough to let that particular skeleton out of the closet, "Mmm," she shook her her head and shrugged

Mayhem: "No? And I can't really help that, Ron. I'm kinda carrying you." He nipped down a backstreet when he saw a set of cops and then sighed.

Ronnie: "Uuuugh," Ronnie closed her eyes, feeling a little motion sick now, letting out another hacking cough, "Don't feel well," she finally confessed.

Mayhem: "Well no shit sherlock!" Mayhem laughed. "Well done for catching up with the world. Nearly home now." He spotted a taxi rank and hoped like hell one of them was friendly. On the third try he found a guy who didn't seem to care what shape his customers were in. Once they were in, he gave the guy a place to stop a little way away from the school. "Nearly back now, Ron."

Ronnie: "Fuck you," Ronnie coughed, sniffing and wiping her nose on her sleeve, "Don't patronise me."

Mayhem: "Fucking me would not be a good move, righ' now." Mayhem shivered a little and wrung out his dreadlocks. He was soaked and that was after what, ten minutes? Ignoring the girl's protests, he started rubbing her down, trying to get some sort of warmth into her. "Seriously, I doubt I'm ever havin' godsdamned sex ever again."

Ronnie: Ronnie grunted and wriggled away, "Don't touch me! What's y-y-yo-" she sneezed loudly.

Mayhem: "Don't care if you don't want touching. You need to get warm or you're gonna die." Mayhem said stubbornly. "See? What were you saying?"

Ronnie: "Don't be dramatic, I ain't gonna die," she coughed again, "it's jus' the flu or somethin'."

Mayhem: "It won't stay at the flu if I don't get you warm, you dumbass." Mayhem smirked. "And I'm allowed to be overdramatic. I've had bad news." He glanced out of the window. Nearly there.

Ronnie: "It's warm enough in here," she huffed, leaning back in her seat, sneezing, debating oh if she should ask him or not, then deciding she didn't really care, "Mmm?"

Mayhem: "Yeah." Mayhem didn't really want to tell Ronnie so just shrugged. The taxi pulled in at that moment and he paid the driver and got out, carrying the girl again and waiting until the driver had gone before heading down the path that led to Xavier's. Wow, he'd walked a long way. Guess that's what depression did. "You alright there, my lover?"

Ronnie: "You're what?" She snapped, but it was the snap of a damp twig, to be honest she was a little grateful to be within sight of some free paracetamol.

Mayhem: "My lover." Mayhem grinned, glad to get some sort of reaction. "Just somethin' regional from Devon. Like I said, ain't gonna be lovin' no one for a long time." The school was coming into sight now. "How're you feeling?"

Ronnie: "Like a bowl of microwaved barf," Ronnie sniffed, she hadn't thought that people from Devon acctually really said that.

Mayhem: "Pleasent. Well, you don't smell like one." He gave her a brief smile and shouldered a gate that led onto the driveway open. "I'll take you straight down to McCoy, alright?"

Ronnie: "Fine," Ronnie coughed again, wriggling a bit more forcefuly, "I can walk, put me down."

Mayhem: "No."

Ronnie: "Put me down you pervert, I mean it!" Ronnie hissed.

Mayhem: "And what makes you think I trust you enough t' think you won't run away?" Mayhem muttered back. "It won't hurt you to be carried a little further." He nudged open a door, made sure no one was around and then headed down to the medlab. "I'm spending waaaay too much time down here, you know. At least I'll have company now."

Ronnie: "Hmph," Ronnie sniffed, sinking back down, defeated for the moment, "Whatever."

Mayhem: "Just think. You'll get to see me. Every day. Great, isn't it?" Mayhem gave her a shit-eating grin. "Now, I'm gonna put you down on a bed alright. I'll get you some dry clothes and get you warm and then I'll find McCoy."

Ronnie: "Fine, whatever, just don't put me in one of those ass-rape dresses okay," Ronnie said sulkily.

Mayhem: "Why not, it'll be fun." Mayhem gave her another grin and put her on the bed, pulling off his hoodie and jacket. "I mean, this'll be the second time I've kidnapped you and all. Gotta keep up a rep." He pulled out a hospital gown and handed it to her, pulling curtains around her for privacy.

Ronnie: "I ain't wearin' this," Ronnie said, pulling the blanket up over her and lying down ... lying down was good, laying in a bed was nice ...

Mayhem: "Either get in it yourself, or McCoy's gonna be dressing you in it. And trust me, you don't want him to do that." Mayhem shrugged, going off to find the doc himself.

Ronnie: "He can try," Ronnie muttered, leaning her head against the pillow and shutting her eyes.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Lol Mara's there for company too... she can make Ronnie toasty warm :shifty

This mean Ronnie's staying now?
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Yeah, don't want the Doc dressing you, he's a bit feely with htose huge hands :shifty