5/21 Instance: How to Make Friends and Influence People

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

5/21 Instance: How to Make Friends and Influence People

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: After Aquarium Antics.

Ronnie: Ronnie pulled her shirt on overher head and knelt down in front of the bedside cabinate, had they stashed her coat in here? They'd better not have washed it ... it took ages to get a smell like that ...

Mayhem: Mayhem trailed down into the medlab, hesitating as he once again caught a quick scent of Raya. He bit his lip. Every now and again he'd catch it - as if she was around somewhere, the scent only a day or so old. But she was dead. He knew that. Shaking his head, he pushed the door open, ducking into the room.

Ronnie: Ronnie jumped a little when she heard the door, crouching down defensivly, then relaxing when she saw who is was, "Oh, it's you, try and make some noise when you walk or something, damn cat," she grumbled, going back to rummaging.

Mayhem: "Uh...sorry." Mayhem gave her a smile, running a hand over his dreads. "...What're you doing, Ron?" He sat on her bed, sliding out a claw and chewing it, tail ticking idly.

Ronnie: "You're looking about as scrawny and pasty as me kid, still down about the stiff?" Ronnie shrugged, slamming the door of the cabinate shut, "Motherfucker! I'm looking for my coat, has it been tossed in the fucking incinerator or something?"

Mayhem: Mayhem had got used to Ronnie, so he just shrugged at the 'stiff' comment. "I doubt it, that thing would probably remove a layer of the ozone if it got burnt." He watched her curiously. "Why do you want it? And yeah...I am still kinda down, though I think I need to sleep more." He laughed nervously. "I think I might be going a little insane."

Ronnie: "You only think? Dispite my best efforts you still come down here and harass me at any given opotunity, and why do you think? I'm better, so I'm outta here."

Ronnie: Ronnie stood up, "Looks like I'll have to give the coat up as lost however."

Mayhem: Mayhem frowned at Ronnie. "Outta here? Out of the medlab or..." He raised an eyebrow, stopping chewing on the claw. "Hey now. I didn't drag you back in the pouring rain, sick as a dog just so you can up and leave again, girl."

Mayhem: He glanced through the doors into McCoy's room. "Nah, that's just making sure you're okay. But I keep...keep catching her scent, you know? Only not like past scents, I mean like it's only a few hours old or something...still strong."

Ronnie: "Then why? You want me to be a new recruit for this freak show? Me? At college? I havn't been in school since I was fourteen, lost the knack havn't I?" She ran her hand through her hair, the finge being pulled back briefly so her whole face was visable before dropping back down.

Ronnie: She shrugged at what he said next, "Eh? That's just normal isn't it? After my mom died I kept on smelling the perfume she wore, it's just your mind trying to trick you into thingying ... wanting some horrible to not be real."

Mayhem: Wow, mother and father dead? "Yeah...suppose..." He didn't sound convinced. "Well, where else have you gotta go? Back on the streets? And all things considered, Ron, you're one of us." Mayhem shrugged. "And this place is safe. And has free food, free board...why leave?"

Ronnie: "'Cos it's never a good idea to stay in one place, you make attachments, loose your edge," and more chance of being caught she scratched at the back of her neck, "Plus ... free? Nothing's free except the stars and ether, and even then give it a few years, hmm?"

Mayhem: Mayhem raised an eyebrow. "You sound like you're running from something." He pulled a leg up so that his tail would have more room. "And yeah, free. I'm completely broke, same with my parents, and I'm staying here for nothing. It's just a safe place, Ron. No one bothers us here."

Ronnie: Ronnie smiled, yellowed teeth showing, "You're a nice kid Mayflower, but this is the real world, there's always a price to pay, a favoured owed, charity is a illusion fabricated by humanity as a cover to our need to feel superior to others, 'kay? And I don't want to owe anyone anything, see?"

Mayhem: "You said that before, and you don't owe anyone anything." Mayhem sighed at the nickname, but he'd had worse. "This ain't no charity either. Just...Goddess above, it's just a guy trying to help out others like him." He watched his tail flick from side to side. "And hell, wouldn't you like another kick at education? That's the main reason I'm here. I flunked my GCSEs."

Ronnie: Ronnie sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose, "I don't get you, were you dropped on your head as a child or something? I'm not a nice person, I'm rude, vile and have the personal hygine of a raccoon, no one in thier right mind would want to spend any time around me, nevermind invite me to live with them, just what's your angle here?"

Mayhem: Mayhem shrugged. "I want to help. Wouldn't care if you looked like a Beholder or an orc or anything or smelt like a skunk - though, to be fair, I'd have a peg on my nose if you did - and if you treated me worse then Monet, I'd still be asking you to stay."

Ronnie: "You're a freak in the head as well as the body, you know that?" She smirked a little though, "You're friends won't thank you for trying to get me to stay I think."

Mayhem: "Eh. One of them's dead and the other one's Monet." Mayhem gave her a small smile. "Mum always told me I was special. That's why I can't play with the other children. Just...you know, give this place a good chance? You might be surprised. Not everyone's out to get you."

Ronnie: Ronnie rolled her eyes and sat down on the bed, "I'm sure you've got more friends then that? Maybe not people who you'd tell your deepest darkest secrets too, but friendly types huh?"

Mayhem: Mayhem shrugged. "I don't make friends easy." He said it as a statement. "I got people I can...say hi to or fob a fag off but...not who I'd call friends. Mates, maybe."

Ronnie: "There's a differance between friends and mates?" Oh great, he's a closet emo with self esteam issues ... no wonder he's like a sodding limpet, Ronnie sighed again.

Mayhem: Mayhem just quirked her a smirk. "Mates are people you know. Friends are people you know, get along with, can talk to and have things in common with." He ran a tongue over his fangs. "I guess I'm still kinda in the process of making 'em." He shot Ronnie a sideways look. "So, this mean you're gonna stay a while?"

Ronnie: "I don't have any," Ronnie gave a lazy shrug, "Not interested in having any either, it's just the remains of our herding instinct anyway, so if you want me for a friend it ain't gonna happen okay? There's plenty of nice, fun people here, you could take your pick."

Mayhem: Mayhem just smiled, before shaking his head slightly. "So, Foul Ol' Ron, you going to stay? Don't wanna have to drag your sick ass back here again. I spend too long down here of my own accord, as well as visiting you."

Ronnie: "I'm not going to get sick again ..." she sighed again, here eyes loosing something of the malavolent, sullen anger and looking more tierd then anything else ... as much as she hatedthe idea of it ... it ... it would be nice to rest for a while, three years of living on your wits and nerves took it out on you, no matter how hard you might be ...

Mayhem: Mayhem turned and smiled at her again, hesitatint and then settling for squeezing her shoulder rather then hugging. She didn't like being touched. "I'd rather not take that risk." Not after Raya... He said quietly.

Ronnie: "No risk, not my fault the heavens opened on me and one of you people here must have the mutant power of infection." She flinched a little at his hand, jerking away from him.

Mayhem: Mayhem looked away at the flinch, pretending not to see it. "Well...hey. I like to look after people. And I'm sure you didn't catch it off me." He smiled at her. "Guess I'm just a nice guy."

Ronnie: It's not like any of them know my real name ... and she doesn't know about my being a mutant, she wouldn't think to look for me here ... so long as I don't draw attention to myself ... it could work ... Ronnie didn't respond to Mayhem, she was too busy running through the risks involved in going and staying and comparing them.

Mayhem: Mayhem frowned at the girl as she continued to remain silent. "Are you alright?"

Ronnie: "Huh?" Ronnie jerked a little as his voice broke through, "Oh, yeah, just thinking."

Mayhem: "What about?" Myahem blinked.

Ronnie: "About how much harder it's going to be for you to make friends when it gets out that it's your fault I haven't vanished into the wild blue yonder."

Mayhem: Mayhem snorted at that, grinning widely. "Well, that's their loss. I'd rather help someone then play nice with everyone, thanks." Except Monet. Now why is that? "Don't worry about that. Not that you will anyway."

Ronnie: "Damn right I won't, and don't think I'm gonna be all buddy, buddy with you either okay? I have better things to do then hang out with a doormat like you." Ronnie got up off the bed, "you shouldn't smile like that you know, makes you look like you've got Downs Syndrome or something."

Mayhem: Mayhem shrugged. "You're the one who said something about me being dropped on my head as a child." He watched Ronnie, running a hand through his dreads and sighing soundlessly at the 'doormat' comment. Sometimes he wondered why he bothered. "Wasn't asking you to. Like I said, I don't make friends easy. Just...y' know. Give this place a chance and look after yourself, alright?"

Ronnie: God, he was such a pussy (no pun intended) "Geeze I said I will okay, happy? Lord know's you'll live to regret it though." She walked towards the door, "Guess I'd better go and give my 'roomies' the delightful news, they'll be so thrilled with you."

Ronnie: Part of her felt a little bad for being so vicious to the kid, but she wanted to put him off her compleatly.

Mayhem: Mayhem just shrugged, smiling at her again, not moving off the bed. "Yeah well...don't particularly care. And we'll see if I live to regret it." Okay, that innocent little bit of wording brought up the cold, white fear that hadn't been very far from his mind after the news. He looked away.

Ronnie: Ronnie noticed how his face went when he said that, but gave a mental shrug, not her problem and she didn't care, "Whatever, enjoy your anal probing or whatever it is you're down here for," acctually ... he was pretty girly all things considered, maybe he was gay, would probably explain alot, she shut the door behind her as she left and made her way out of the medlab.

Mayhem: Mayhem didn't look up as she left, pulling his other leg up and hugging his knees, burying his face in them.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen