10/20 Instance: Getting Sized Up

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

10/20 Instance: Getting Sized Up

Post by steyn »

Timeline: Current

Prof_Lehnsherr: Erik sat at his desk in his office, idly flipping through reports and checking that he had graded each. Finally satisfied that he was sufficiently ahead in his work, he took a sip from his latte and stretched back in his chair.

Monet: Monet rapped on the doorframe lightly and dabbed at her nose with her tissue to make sure it wasn't running as she waited. Time to meet the new professor, get her make up work, and ensure him she is better than his other students.

Prof_Lehnsherr: He waved a hand at the door and it opened, "Please, come in." He smiled as he stood and motioned to the seat across the desk from his own. "Please have a seat."

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow at the man behind the desk, "Merci." She perched on the edge of the chair and gave him a courteous nod, "I am Monet St. Croix. I have not been coming to your class, or any of my classes, because for some strange reason, I am ill. Which is also why I have not offered to shake your hand."

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Ah, I see." He took his seat again. "That is certainly something we shall have to remedy. I take it you have already gone to Dr. McCoy with this, yes?" He leaned back in hiis chair, elbows on the arm rest and templing his fingers.

Monet: "Oui. Which is why I am not in class. He has told me not to return for at least another day or so."

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Indeed." He turned to his computer and looked up her file and grades. "Well, it seems you have a very promising track record with your grades. Have McCoy write me a note, just for my documentation and I will take care of these absences."

Monet: "I wasn't coming to take care of my absences, Professor." She frowned as it seemed he was just going to dismiss her so easily. "I would like to have the work I missed so that I may have it completed for you when I come back."

Prof_Lehnsherr: He thought for a moment as he watched her. "I see." Reaching into one of the drawers on the desk he pulled out a folder, and picked out a copy of each of the assignments that she had missed.

Prof_Lehnsherr: Erik stapled them together and set them on the desk in front of her. "That is everything you currently have no grade for. If you have any questions or difficulty with the work, please feel free to seek me out." He took another sip from his drink and leaned back. "Well, now that we have the formalities out of the way, why don't you tell me a little about yourself. All I know of most of the students thus far is a name and a grade, I am looking to rectify that." He said smiling.

Monet: Monet took the paperwork and settled it on her lap, "I appreciate that, but I will be fine. In fact, the work at this school has yet to challenge me." She shrugged one shoulder lightly, smirking a bit, "There's not much to tell unless you're wanting to get personal, Professor."

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Well, not too personal mind you," thoughts of his introduction to students days before sprung to mind with a slight frown. "But the essentials, where you are from, interests, and for this school, adding your power set would be nice as well." He smiled again.

Monet: Monet settled back in the chair gracefully and had to fight not to roll her eyes. "I was born in Sarajevo but am a citizen of France and Algeria along with Bosnia. My father is an ambassador, my mother was murdered, one of my twin sisters is autistic and I pretend I have no brother. I do not have any interests per se but I do have somewhat of a beau. Kind of. I am also multilingual. What else would you like to know?"

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Interesting. Which country does your father work for?" He asked. "Hm... And powers? What can you do power wise?" He ran over what she said again, "And who is this somewhat kind of beau?" He sipped his latte again.

Monet: "He is an ambassador for all of Europe." Monet sighed, "It would be better to answer what powers I did not have." She dabbed at her nose again as she felt a tickle in it, hoping not to sneeze during this conversation. "Mayhem De Noir."

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Ah, I see." He smiled, "Hm.. Mayhem De Noir... He was one of the students taken during the recent attack yes? That must have been very troubling and trying for you."

Monet: "Oui. But we were not together then... We just recently reconciled a few days ago."

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Reconciled? Those situations still often bring about many conflicting emotions." He looked her over, "Besides the obvious malady, you seem to be well adjusted from the turmoil though, still, my door is always open if you need to speak with anyone." He took a sip again as he thought.

Monet: "Merci beaucoup, but I am fine. I have had worse happen in my life than a few classmates getting abducted." She licked her lips and brushed a strand of hair off of her cheek. "Now it's your turn, Professor."

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Well, I am an alumni of this school and a long time friend of Professor Xavier. I worked for a while with 'Doctors Without Borders'. After that I returned back America and set up my own private practice. Recently I was one of the lobbyist fighting against the Registration Act."

Monet: "Why would you fight it? I would much rather have them know I'm a mutant than have to fight to hide it. This way I can freely use my powers without people throwing me in jail."

Prof_Lehnsherr: "I fought it because it violates our freedoms and right to privacy as Americans. Just because some are born different, an accident of genetics, is no reason for them to be condemned to a life of persecution. I need not remind you that the Nazi's also started by just identifying and making the Jews before it further escalated." He spoke with passion, his words well picked and practiced.

Monet: "I am not an accident." She narrowed her eyes, "My genes were put together on purpose by whatever form of fate is out there. And I am not ashamed to admit who and what I am to the world. If they are afraid of me, that is just fine. I will let them mark me because they cannot control me. If a piece of paper helps them cope, fine."

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Ah yes, but not every one of us feels the same. Should not those who wish to retain their privacy be able to keep it? Agreed, I too am not afraid to admit I am a mutant, but I would not take that right to choose from any of my brethren just to make those less fortunate feel more in control."

Monet: "I could care less what other people do. It is their business whether they decide to go to jail or not." She arched an eyebrow at him, "What are your powers, then, Professor? Do you have a love interest? Where are you from?"

Prof_Lehnsherr: "But it shouldn't be a choice between going to jail or not, but I am sure you didn't come to argue politics." He smiled.

Prof_Lehnsherr: "My powers focused on magnetic control. Back in my younger, more naive days, while i attended this school myself, I called myself the 'Master Of Magnetism.'" He smiled at that old joke, "I am originally from Germany, but gained my citizenship here many years ago, and currently am dating a very nice woman named Magda." He leaned up and took another sip. "Is there anything else you would like to know?" He asked smiling.

Monet: "So you're like the moldy haired one. Lorna. Interesting." She tipped her head to the side a bit, "Why are you here? We have plenty of teachers."

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Indeed, our powers are very similar." He leaned back in his chair to answer her question. "Well, mostly to fill the void left by Professor Forge. But when a former mentor, especially one as influential as Professor Xavier asks, it is very difficult to say no."

Monet: "I see. Well, I shall have these assignments finished by tomorrow. I will drop them by your office as soon as I finish them." She stacked them on her lap gently and stood, "I will see you in class in a couple of days, Professor."

Prof_Lehnsherr: "I look forward to it." He said as he stood smiling. "Have a pleasant day Monet."

Monet: "Merci. Toi aussi, Professor Lehnsherr." She gave him a hint of a smile and moved to the door. "Au revior."

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Au revior." He echoed as she left and waved his hand to close the door behind her. "Interesting child..." He said as he sat back in his chair, and got onto the computer to look into a few things.

Monet: Monet stopped in her tracks and glared at the door. "I am not a child," she muttered at the closed door.