11/08 Instance: Competitive Company

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

11/08 Instance: Competitive Company

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: A day after Bubbles of Information

Eddie: Eddie slowed as he entered the kitchen, spotting someone already there. An idea hit him. He roped some webbing onto the ceiling and carefully propped himself up, if he was careful, he could hang directly over the unsuspecting cook.

Monet: Monet sighed and finished fixing her mug for the tea when the water was boiled. "I am not the best person to sneak up on."

Eddie: Eddie sighed, irritated, that would have been so cool, too. "Ah, would have picked you, eh, Monet?", he laughed, jumping down with a small thud. "How’s things?", he said, adjusting his collar and hair.

Monet: "Things have been better. Why do you care?" She picked up the kettle when it whistled and poured it into her mug. "Tea?"

Eddie: "Because I'm nice, because I think you're hot, you decide.", Eddie smirked, sitting down. "Tea would be awesome, thanks."

Eddie: Eddie ran his eyes over Monet a few times. "You, ah...don't look so good, you alright?", he asked.

Monet: Monet passed him the kettle without bothering to poor him any as she moved to sit also. "I'm going to go with its because you think I'm hot. Only because no one is nice to me without a motive." She sipped her tea and watched him carefully, "I have this flu that I can't seem to get rid of, that people have recently been dying from, and my current beau is missing. Draw your own conclusions."

Eddie: Eddie's face became slightly darker as he stood to make himself some tea, "Yeah, after everything with that Kraven guy, I'm somewhat worried about the idea of May dipping off like this.", Eddie drew a cup from the cupboard and placed a teaspoon os sugar into it. "You think Kraven's still alive?"

Monet: "I'm almost sure of it. However, Mayhem is in the hand of Magnus Maximoff at the moment. I have yet to find out where he has him, but he is a genetic researcher. He experimented on Hepzibah as a child..."

Eddie: Eddie shuddered, "Mayhem's in the hands of some sort of psychopath, and we're sat here again?", he stirred some milk into his tea.

Monet: Monet shot him a glare, "I am doing the best I can. If you think you could do better, feel free. But you know you enjoy having me all to yourself."

Eddie: "Well, I won't say the thought hadn't crossed my mind, then again, I don't need to tell you that, do I?", Eddie smiled over his shoulder, sipping some of his tea. "Still, do you not want to go and look for him?"

Monet: "I am looking for him. I am researching possible places he could be. It is not smart to just rush head first into something without all of your cards aligned. Of course, you wouldn't know that, would you?" She sipped her tea again. "Have you decided what you're going to bring me when you come up to visit me in my room tomorrow?"

Eddie: Eddie blushed a deeper red than his shirt. "What I'm g-? W-what makes you so sure I will?", regaining his composure, Eddie forced down a large swig of his drink. "Anyway, why don't you find out where May and the others could be and then send me in as point-man? I'm pretty good at it, I reckon.", he smirked pompously, recalling the DR session - the first part, at least.

Monet: "You will because I want you to." She grinned. "No. You are not going this time," she gave him a glare, "Last time was more than enough. This is not a smash and grab type of rescue."

Eddie: "Fine, but when your ass needs saving, you'll call on me, I just know it.", Eddie winked at Monet, "Alright then, I won't argue with you; what would you like?"

Monet: "I don't need anyone to save me," she told him in a flat tone. "I do not need a hero." Monet finished off her tea and poured a bit more. "What would you like to bring me?"

Eddie: Eddie smiled. "Flowers do you? Or maybe a card?". He shrugged, "Whatever, I don't mind - long as Mayhem keeps his fists to himself."

Monet: "I like flowers and cards. Nothing edible. I have no appetite." She smirked, "Mayhem doesn't have any reason to hurt you. You are merely making sure I'm comfortable and taken care of, oui?"

Eddie: "'Oui'! I mean, 'yes'.", Eddie stammered slightly. Sure as hell hoped May wouldn't be pissed off, but it'd be good to get to know Monet, at least, if she stayed in this good-though-sickly way. "Alright, it's a date! W-well, not a 'date', but, you know..."

Monet: "You may call it a date if you want." She reached out to cover her hand with his for a second as she took another sip of tea. "You may call it whatever you wish. So you are bringing me flowers and a card then? Make sure to bring a vase of water as well."

Eddie: Eddie's hand shook s little in hers. This was all too weird, didn't she hate him? "A-ah, yeah, sure I will.", Eddie took a quick breath, his casual demeanor returning with it, "Anything for a pretty girl, I guess."

Monet: "Good." She brought her hand away and held her mug with both of them. "A man with some sense."

Eddie: Eddie laughed to himself, sipping some more tea. There was something so delightfully absurd about what he was doing here. Here's to hoping you don't do or say anything stupid, Eddie(!), he thought to himself, only then realizing it was Monet there. "S-sorry. I have a tendency to 'step in it' a lot."

Monet: "If you do, I'll correct you. Don't worry, darling." She smirked. "Do you know where my room is, cher?"

Eddie: Eddie thought for a moment, "The one you share with May? Or is it different?"

Monet: "I don't share a room with Mayhem. My roommate is Jubilee. Mayhem shares a room with the abomination who calls himself Wade."

Eddie: "You'll have to show me where, first, then.", Eddie smiled at her. She was kind of cute, when she wasn't bitching. About him.

Monet: "Why don't you walk me there now? Put the extra tea in a thermos would you?" She waved at the cabinets where they were kept. "I'm not feeling well, so I should go lie back down. But you're more than welcome to keep me company."

Eddie: Eddie stood, doing as he was told and filling a thermos for Monet. "Alright.", he said when he was done, offering his hand, "Need help up?"

Monet: "Need it? Non. Will I take it? Oui." She took his hand and slid her arm through his, "This way, cher." Monet picked up her empty cup and led them out of the kitchen. "You will keep me company, oui? Or do you have to go to class?"

Eddie: "No, I can stay with you if you like.", Eddie smiled as he helped her along. "Like you said, May'd want me to take care of you, and that's just what I'm doin', right?".

Monet: "Oui. You are." She smirked and led him up the stairs, "Tell me, Eddie, are you the competitive sort?"

Eddie: "'Competitive'?", he repeated, considering an answer. "By that, if you mean 'I like to win', then yeah. I hate loosing. Loosing is what makes others better than you, loosing is why Kraven may still be alive.", Eddie shook his head. "Why?", he asked.

Monet: "Just curious. I like to get to know the people I bring into my room." She smirked and then turned her head to cough, wincing at the pain it radiated through her. She ached all over...

Eddie: "I bet you do, but I haven't even bought you a dri-", Eddie stopped, holding Monet as she slouched a little. "Sure you're alright? You really don't seem well at all.", his voice was choked with concern.

Monet: Monet straightened and gave him a tight smile, forcing the pain out of her face, "Just fine. Why?"

Eddie: Eddie shook his head with a grin. "You...", he began, deciding not to say anything else. "Come on, let's get you in bed, huh?", Eddie cringed a little - how weird did that sound? He laughed at himself a little.

Monet: "Oh, oui. I do like the sound of that." She grinned, ignoring the aching that felt bone deep. If she were honest, all she wanted to do was curl up in her bed with her chat...

Eddie: Eddie smiled at Monet sympathetically. She was a fighter, for sure. "Come on, we'll get you to rest. You just ask me for anything you need, alright? I'll take care of you."
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen