11/19 Instance: Bipolar Welcome Back

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

11/19 Instance: Bipolar Welcome Back

Post by steyn »

Timeline: Day after Secret to Everyone

rachel: Rachel dug through the fridge, inspecting a container, putting it back, and moving on to another suspicious one. One of them would have to contain something that looked edible. Pulling a soda out, she placed it on the counter and continued the search for food, half tempted to just go out and get something.

Rogue: Rogue scratched at the bandages Scott had put around her ribs under her shirt as she came in to switch out ice packs for her face. Scott had given her a funny look for using the peas... She stopped as soon as she had come through the door, in shock at what she saw. "Ah don't believe it. Rachel Anne Grey! Where in tha sam hell have y'all been!"

rachel: She jumped at the voice, hitting her hand against a shelf and dropping the tubberware, " Shit! Trying to give me a heart attack, Rogue?" Hissing, she shook her hand and threw the container back in the fridge, deciding she'd just settle for the soda.

Rogue: Rogue went over and tossed the ice pack in the freezer then turned back to Rachel, "Where have y'all been?!"

rachel: Taking a sip after opening the can, Rachel gave a shrug, "Vacation. What happened to you?"

Rogue: "Friends o' humanity. Extra long vacation much?" She put her hands on her hips.

rachel: "Ah. That sucks," she nodded, "Yep. It was awesome. I got to do absolutely nothing."

Rogue: "Why tha hell did y'all need an extra long vacation?"

rachel: Rachel internally cursed Rogue and all her questions. She was running out of vague answers to use. "...I, uh, wanted one...?"

Rogue: "An' y'all didn't feel like maybe ya should call an' let us know ya were alright? Ya phone was off damned near every time Ah tried ta call!"

rachel: "Well, there's voicemail for a reason..." she took another drink to keep her from saying anything else that was liable to get her hit.

Rogue: "An' did ya think ta call back? Nope." Rogue narrowed her eyes, "Ah'm glad ya ain't dead, but damnit Rachel!"

rachel: "I was busy... doing... nothing..." Yeah, maybe she shouldn't have mentioned the doing nothing part a few seconds ago. "And, I'm sure Josh would've called, if I'd died."

Rogue: "Josh? Well at least we know he's alive too. Y'all're so fuckin' irresponsible. Did ya even think 'bout callin' us? Lettin' us know y'all were ok?!"

rachel: "I thought about it. Actually doing it is a different matter. And, you should know I'm, like, one of the most irresponsible people ever," Rachel gave another shrug, chewing on her lip. Letting out a sigh, she glanced at Rogue, "I'm sorry I didn't call or anything."

Rogue: "Call... Email... Text... Nothin', Rae! Not a word!" She crossed her arms under her chest and immediately winced at the pressure on her ribs. "Ah oughta skin y'all from head ta toe."

rachel: Rachel rolled her eyes, "I get the point. I'm sorry I didn't ask for your permission to go get married. I wasn't aware I needed it."

Bobby: Singing softly along to the soothing sounds of Blink, Bobby paused when he barged into the kitchen and realized he wasn't alone. "Oh, sorry." He started to go around the girl in front of him, then did a double take. Bobby thumbed off his mp3 player, a slow grin spreading across his face.

Bobby: "Ray-Ray!" He tackled her in a hug.

rachel: She shot Bobby a grin and returned the hug, "Well, I'm glad someone isn't about to kill me..."

Rogue: "Get married?!" Rogue had to take a deep breath and turned away from her. Then two seconds later, she was back facing her, "Married?!" She gave Bobby a glare for being nice to Rachel.

rachel: "I think I broke her..." she whispered to Bobby before letting him go.

Bobby: Bobby was used to the Rogue power glare by now, so he just shrugged, giving Rachel a final pat on the back before he let go. "Seems like." His brain finally processed what Rogue had said, however. "Married?" Bobby cocked his head at Rachel, then looked down. "Oh - hey! You?"

rachel: Rachel nodded, sipping at her drink, "Yeah, me."

Bobby: "Hey!" Bobby gave her another hug, this one punctuated by a hair ruffle. "Congrats, babe! And to Joshy. I'll have to buy Threepio a drink this weekend or something."

Rogue: Rogue threw up her hands and immediately regretted it. "Ouch," she grumbled. "What tha hell do ya mean ya got married? Where in tha hell did that idea come from ta just go an' fuckin' elope?! Y'all're almost as bad as Remy! Least Ah knew y'all were engaged."

rachel: "Thanks," she smiled and fixed her hair, looking over at Rogue again. At least she didn't have her powers anymore. Death would've come more quickly if Rogue did. "I've wanted to elope since we got engaged. I just had to convince Josh. So, once I did, we went and got married. I don't think I can make it more simple than that."

Bobby: "Well, Roguey, technically I eloped too..." Bobby finally removed his earbuds and stuffed his player in his pocket, leaning against the counter. "Ah, yes, I should have warned Threepio about the primal female power of nagging - oh, I mean persuasion. You guys could do a reception party thingie here, if you wanted to. Just... avoid the elevator."

Rogue: "Yeah, but y'all took me with ya! Remy didn't tell anybody, y'all kidnapped me, Rae made me think she wanted me involved then up an' leaves."

rachel: "You told me you didn't want to, so I didn't think it mattered," she shrugged, "I spilled to Anna after I got back, and she suggested a party, too."

Bobby: Oh. There was a girly thing involved in Rogue's reaction. Yeah, he wasn't touching that. "Everybody loves a party!" Bobby grinned and pushed off the counter to get a soda from the fridge.

Rogue: "So Ah try an' get in touch with y'all f' months an' y'all go see Anna b'fore me? Did y'all f'get that y'all used ta call me one o' ya best friends?" Rogue took a breath and turned away again, going to sit at the table. Yelling was hurting.

rachel: "Well, considering she's my roommate, it was kinda hard not to see her before anyone else. Plus, she was all depressed about whatever's been going on, so I told her to make her feel better." Rachel let out a sigh, "I had her promise not to say anything, so you could hear it from me. And, this wasn't really what I had in mind."

Rogue: Rogue glanced over at Bobby, "Ice pack, please, Coach?"

Bobby: "Yes, ma'am." Bobby kneed the fridge door closed and opened the freezor, grabbing a familiar-looking package of peas. He gave it a quick flash freeze before throwing it over at her, immediately regretting it when he realized that probably would really hurt.

rachel: "Anything else you want to yell at me about?" she ran a hand through her hair, eyeing the bag of peas. Somehow, she didn't see this ending well...

Rogue: Rogue held her hand out for the bag, turning when she saw it flying at her at the last minute. She ducked and it clipped the top of her head. "Bobby! Ah do not need anymore wounds! 'Specially ta tha head!" She rubbed where it had hit and leaned over with a grunt to pick it up from the floor.

Rogue: "Hmm, lessee... Bein' irresponsible, lettin' us think y'all're dead, elopin'... Nope."

Bobby: "Oops..." he said a little lamely. Well, Scott had said she was okay at least. Bobby rubbed the back of his neck and leaned back against the counter, opening the can. He looked up. "Dead?"

rachel: "Yeah, I guess if I leave, I'm believed to be dead, " Rachel informed him. "So, since you've covered everything, are you done being mad?"

Bobby: "Ohhh. Okay. Well, I kind of figured you guys were taking a break, since I hadn't gotten any 'to me, my X-Men' midnight mental memos from Chuck about you." He nodded, taking a loud slurp of soda.

Rogue: "No Ah ain't done bein' mad! An' Xavier can't know everythin' ya know, Bobby."

rachel: "I'm pretty sure I could get a message to him, if I really even needed to."

Bobby: Bobby made a noncommittal noise and sipped his drink, eyes moving from one pissy lady to the other.

Rogue: "So if y'all were 'bout ta die, ya last thought'd be that ya need ta contact Xavier an' let him know ta tell everyone ya dead? Yeah right, Rae. Y'all're too irresponsible ta think 'bout that."

rachel: "Sure," Rachel replied, finished off her soda, and threw it in the trash.

Rogue: "Liar."

rachel: She shrugged, "Yeah, not really a good one anymore."

Rogue: "Y'all don't care ta make it a good one's why."

rachel: "Considering I'm alive, I don't have any reason to since this doesn't matter at all."

Rogue: "Whatever, Rachel." Rogue put the peas on the back of her head and propped her elbows on the table.

rachel: Rachel cast Bobby a look and rolled her eyes, "I don't get why you're so shitty about this, but whatever."

Bobby: Bobby took another sip and raised one shoulder at Rachel. He was already on Rogue's shit list.

Rogue: "Maybe 'cause Ah don't enjoy thinkin' somethin' could be seriously wrong with one o' mah best friends? Ah hate bein' lied ta, an' y'all know that. So what don't ya get, Rae?" She turned to face her and switched the icepack to her jaw, "What exactly do y'all not get? Ya know me well enough ta know Ah'd be damned upset."

rachel: She crossed her arms, jaw clenched. She'd known Rogue wouldn't be happy, but she didn't think it'd be this bad. "Now you know I'm fine, so you can stop being pissy about that. It's the lying part I don't get. How the hell did I lie to you?"

Rogue: "No, Ah cain't stop bein' pissy 'bout it. 'Cause then it won't sink in that it was selfish an' it ain't ok an' y'all'll do it again." She arched an eyebrow, "Do yall even remember plannin' y'all's weddin' with me?"

rachel: "Oh, yeah. I'm going to run off and get married again," Rachel let the sarcasm seep into her tone, shaking her head. "Do you not remember how much I didn't want a huge, formal thing?"

Bobby: Warily, Bobby opened his mouth against his better judgment. "Rogue... what's done is done, so it'd probably just be easier to let it go. I mean, you're happy for her that she got married and all, right? And they're back now -- to stay? -- so we can celebrate it." His eyes slid back over to Rachel questioningly.

Rogue: Rogue turned back to the table, shaking her head, "Fine. Y'all figure it out." She pushed to stand and grabbed a water from the fridge, "Ah'm gonna go lie down where it's quiet."

Rogue: She paused and looked at Rachel, "By tha way, just ta catch ya up? Sam'n Ah're committed, Mayhem, Hepzibah, an' Pietro were all kidnapped twice, once after an attack on tha school. Hepzibah's dead, Pietro's God knows where, an' Sam has that flu thing that's been killin' a few people. Glad ya home."

rachel: "Thanks. Glad I already knew half of that, or it'd be a surprise," Rachel called after Rogue, frowning. Turning back to Bobby, she glanced down at the floor, "Sorry you kinda had to be in the middle of that. It went worse than I expected."

Bobby: "Worse? I thought that went pretty well, Sunshine." Bobby took a long sip of his drink and grabbed another from the fridge. He gave Rachel a bright grin and ruffled her hair on his way out. "Welcome home."