01/28 Instance: The Great Bunny Hunt of 2012

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

01/28 Instance: The Great Bunny Hunt of 2012

Post by steyn »

Time line - current

Kitty: Kitty set her stack of CD's and DVD's down on the table in the hallway. At least they'll have something new to watch or listen to... Biting her fingernail, she picked up several CD's and walked into Jay's room. He was still and quiet. The only sound was from the various machines he was hooked up to.

Kitty: "Hey Jay," she said awkwardly. "I - um, I brought down some CD's and stuff... I wish I knew what kind of music you'd like..." Maybe Darren would know...

Darren: Darren pushed open the door in a sudden burst of noise, looked around the room and swore under his breath, "Damnit! he hasn't come back here either, can nothing in this place go fucking right?"

Darren: He paused when he saw Kitty sitting by his friend's bedside, fuck ... this was rude even for him, "Shit ... I mean, sorry Kit-kat ..." he said, looking a little flustered.

Kitty: Speak of the devil! The girl jumped at the sudden noise, then couldn't help grinning, "Darren, no - it's all right. I was actually just thinking of you. Was just wondering what kind of music Jay li -" She topped and frowned as she watched him look about for something. "What's wrong??"

Darren: "Music? He's pretty eclectic, just don't play him anything to 'gay'," he did the air quotes, "or he might wake up and strangle you ..." he looked down at Jay's pale visage, "Actually ... maybe you should go get some Abba in that case ... still no change?"
Darren: "And um ... I'm fine," he scratched through the fuzz on his head, "just ... looking for something."

Kitty: "Hmm..." She flipped through her collection. "No Abba - but I got Brittany Spears Greatest Hits - think that might do it??" She joked. "But if it'd make him wake up - I'll go buy an Abba CD." Her smile slipped for a moment as she stared at his featherless wings. Forcing herself to stop biting on the ends of her fingers, she cleared her throat and looked away from Jay back to Darren. "So... you lose something??"

Jay: ((*twitches on the bed at the mention of Abba*))

Kitty: ((LMAO!!))

Darren: ((Quick! Start singing Dancing Queen!))

Darren: "Brittany might do it," Darren managed to crack a smile, most because he wasn't looking at his comatose friend ... it was almost too much to bare how much he reminded him of his father, "Uh ... yeah ... don't suppose you've seen a white and black rabbit around here have you?"

Kitty: "Shouldn't you be dressed in a blue dress with a white pinafore?" She laughed, "Did the rabbit have a waist coat and pocket watch?" Then she turned a little more serious - just a little. If she stopped joking all together, this place was going to make her start crying. "Why?"

Darren: "Tempted to shift that, but it might scar you for life since I don't shave my legs," Darren smirked, but turned his t-shirt white and his jeans blue anyways, "He's my pet, his name's Spook and he's about ... seven or eight months old?"

Darren: He looked a little bashful at his next confession, "See, Jay really likes him so I kept on sneaking him down here to make him feel better, petting animals can help sick people a little you know ... only when he slipped under," he glanced over at Jay and sighed a little sadly, "I ran out to get McCoy, but when I got back here he was gone ... kinda worried that maybe Kyle ate him or something you know ..."

Kitty: Kitty giggled at his costume change got a completely 'd'awwww' expression on her face which turned to a look of wide eyed alarm at the mention of the feral canine. "He wouldn't!... Would he??" She had only seen Kyle in passing, but remembering his sharp teeth and claws was enough to get her moving.

Kitty: "Well... it - Spook couldn't have gotten far. Want me to help you look for him?" she asked hopefully. She'd love the chance to cuddle the bunny herself.

Darren: "He eats rabbits out in the forest you know," he shrugged, "Normally I would be able to detect him no problem but there's a lot of energy down here, a tiny life signal like that is hard to pick out, so any help would be welcome, sure Jay wouldn't mind," he smiled a little ruefully.

Kitty: Her alarm turned to horror and the thought of Kyle eating Spook. "Ok, sure..." she stood up quickly. "He's probably found himself a little place to hide." Kitty started looking behind that medical equipment that was pushed up against the wall. "Here Spooook... come here pretty bunny..." she sing-sanged as she looked.

Darren: Darren couldn't help but smile at that, girls were cute when it came to small, fluffy things ... at least usually. "You sure you're not the one who needs the blue dress and apron?" He snickered before joining in, "I'm trying to be sneaky about looking since I'll get in trouble for bringing an animal down here."

Kitty: Kitty covered her mouth with one hand. "Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't even think about that," she grimaced and blushed a little. She got down on her hands and knees and looked under the bed. "Maybe you can get him certified as a therapy bunny or something," she grinned a little. Nope nothing under the bed...

Darren: "Hmmm, good idea, and I should probably get him one of those rabbit leashes or something when I bring him out of the room," he checked under the cabinet, "I don't think he's in here, I left the door open, so he might have gotten out."

Kitty: "Then he could be anywhere!" she started. "Ok, um... " she opened the door. "The med lab is that big," she tried to smile encouragingly.

Darren: "Yeah," Darren spared a final, backwards glance to Jay before stepping out into the corridor, "Okay ... let's try and look at this logically ... if you were a bunny in a hospital, where would you hide?"

Kitty: That was such a bizarre statement, Kitty just stared for a second. Then she frowned thoughtfully. "Well... I think I would be trying to find someplace quiet and maybe something to eat??"

Darren: "So none of the sick rooms then or the labs, no food and lots of visitors," Darren looked thoughtful, "maybe check the offices?"

Kitty: Kitty nodded, "Sounds like a good place to start." Quietly, she shut Jay's door and followed him towards Dr. Summer's and Dr. McCoy's offices. "I take one, you take the other?"

Darren: "Okay, I'll take Scott's, you deal with McCoy, just phase through the wall or something if you hear them coming, okay? I can disguise myself as a pot plant or something." Darren gave her an encouraging smile.

Kitty: She laughed, "Deal!" With that she phased through McCoy's door. Here bunny, bunny, bunny...

Darren: Darren slipped through Scott's door in a more mundane way, and started to check under the desk and cabinets, "Spook? Here boy ... please don't be eaten ..."

Kitty: Kitty stood in the middle of the room, "Spook? Spook, you in here??" She stopped, hearing a little crinkling sound coming from one of McCoy's desk drawers. Frowning curiously, she pulled open a drawer. Pleeeeasssee - don't be a rat.

Darren: Darren pulled open a cabinet door, Ah-HA! they do have lollipops! He pocketed a few before shutting the door, no sign of Spook in here ... maybe Kitty was having better luck?

Kitty: "Darren! Come see!" Kitty laughed as she stuck her through the wall into McCoy's office. "Come see who I found!" She was grinning from ear to ear. Kitty started to offer her hand to phase Darren through, then remembered what happened the last time she tried that. Instead, she crooked a finger at him.

Darren: "You found him?" Darren shut the door quietly behind him and followed Kitty into McCoy's office and looked down at the open draw, and started to laugh as well in relief, "Damn animal."

Darren: There, seated quite happily in the draw that was reserved for Hank's Twinkies in a little nest he'd made out of the spent wrappers, sat Spook, peacefully chewing on the cakey goodness.

Kitty: Kitty laughed, reaching out to pet Spook gently on the head. "He's adorable, Darren. But I bet he's going to have a stomach ache from all this!" She grinned as the rabbit ignored her, nibbling on the snack cake. "Bad bunny..." she scolded playfully.

Darren: "Yeah, real bad bunny," Darren plucked the bunny out by the scruff of his neck and held him at eye-level, "you are gonna get me in so much shit man," the bunny started to kick out it's back legs in protest to being dangled, "yeah, yeah, you mind holding him Kit-kat while I clean out this draw?"

Kitty: "Sure!" she nodded happily reaching out to cuddle the buddy. Kitty tried hard not to melt into a puddle of girly-ness as she cradled Spook up against her. "Such a sweet bunny!" she beamed.

Darren: "Yeah, he likes being handled ... oh great he's pissed in it too," Darren pulled the whole draw out and looked for a waste-bag to dispose of the evidence in.

Kitty: Kitty made a face at that. "Baaaadddd bunny," she laughed. Dr. McCoy's chair practically swallowed her as she sat in it crossed legged and loved on Spook. "Well, who doesn’t like being loved on?" She got serious again, "By the way - how is Selene?" Kitty hadn't seen her since the attack.

Darren: Darren located a bag and tipped the entire contents of the draw into it, "She's ... she'd okay," he kept his face turned from Kitty, "she's just having a bit of a rough time 'cos of her ... telepathy and stuff," he covered, "I think she'd rather be left alone to sort her head out, I'll tell her you asked about her though."

Darren: "How about you?"

Kitty: "Me? Freaked out... mad... scared," she sighed, curling up in the chair with Spook. "I got out pretty lucky. Here about Miri? They're testing her for the virus now..." Kitty frowned. She hadn't thought about Selene's telepathy. That had to take things to a whole new level of weird. "I'd appreciate it if you told her I said 'Hi.' Selene is lucky to have you," she nodded, smiling a little.

Darren: "Yeah, I heard and it's shit," he sniffed the draw and pulled a face, "maybe there's some deodorant around here or something we could use to cover the smell?" He put the draw down on the desk and started to rummage, "have you been tested?"

Kitty: "Yeah," she nodded. "Clean as a whistle, like Hector would say. How about you? Or...can you get it??" She didn't really understand his mutation and hoped that didn't sound too ignorant. She stood up and held Spook against her like a baby while opening the cabinets. "Lysol?" she offered, holding it out to him.

Darren: "I don't think so, but they ran the test on some of my ... uhh ... scrapings and it came back clean, Lysol might work, yeah," he took it from her and sprayed a liberal amount into the draw, "think that'll cover it?"

Kitty: Kitty screwed up her face, trying not to choke on the medicinal smell of the Lysol. "Yup - I think that covers it." She backed up, a little afraid the mist might kill Spook. "Well, think Jay might like a visit from Spook?" She knew he was in a coma... but she didn't like to think of him that way.

Darren: Darren replaced the drawer, hopefully they could get away with McCoy thinking that it had just leaked and someone had just run off with the Twinkies, "Sure, I think he'd like that," he gave Kitty a small smile, "I'll go dispose of the evidence and see you in there, okay?"

Kitty: Returning his smile, Kitty nodded. "Sounds like a plan, Darren!" Snuggling Spook again she headed back towards Jay's room. "Come on Spook, we're going to go see Jay. And I am totally looking for an Abba CD online tonight!"

Jay: ((*and once again, there's a jump in the heart monitor, even his comatose state not quite enough to hold back Jay's rage at That Finnish Band.*))

Darren: Darren smiled as he watched Kitty leave the room, she was cute, and seemingly pretty resistant too, almost a shame he already had a girlfriend really ... he sighed a little as he thought of Jay, Shame you couldn't have seen this man ... you'd have laughed so hard at my flailing. With that, he went off to find the bio-hazard chute to dispose of the evidence.