2/7 Game: Let Them Eat Cake

Read our full Game transcripts here!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

2/7 Game: Let Them Eat Cake

Post by Ferguson »

"Check it out!" Lorna announced as she entered the ballroom, chocolate concoction in hand. "Sober soofell!" She waved it under Bobby's nose.

Bobby cheered. "Does that mean we need to be sober to eat it?" It might be bad if the chaperones got dead drunk, but hey.

"Not necessarily." Lorna had the shifty eye. "It just means I was sober while making it." She shrugged. "In anycase, I say we eat it before everyone is fashionably late." She held out a fork.

Rogue stirred the punch a little before pouring some into a cup. Funnily enough, she'd been ready for their date before Sam, so she came down to check out the decapitated crab-cherubs while waiting on him.

"Hmmmmmmm." Bobby took the fork and looked around the room shiftily.

Lorna pulled out her own fork, always prepared. "One, two, three!" She stabbed at the dessert.

"Hey Rogue," She waved the fork. "Want some before people roll on in? It can be secret soofell."

J walked in just then, hearing Lorna. "Secret what?" He gave her a confused look but headed for the punch right off, thristy after his workout earlier.

"Um. Sure? Why not." Rogue grabbed a plastic fork and moved over to take a stab at the souffle. "Secret nothin'." Rogue quickly took the bite and stepped in front of Lorna's dessert.

"Damn, too many people are going to know now!" Lorna fake-hid the food from J.

Bobby nommed happily, and stealthily, waving at J on his way past. "Mmmm, Dee.... this is awesome! Doesn't even need chocolate sauce!"

J made himself a cup of punch and smirked over at Rogue and Lorna, "I wasn't born yesterday, and Lieing and hiding things from a telepath is a fruitless endevour."

"Nope, I saw you in class yesterday. Points for the big words."

Rogue smirked at J, "Ah yeah, but see... Ah got built in shieldin'." Which... might or might not work with the patch on. Hm... never thought about that.

Darren ambled into the room, one arm lazily draped around Selene's shouders, "Wow, small crowd huh?"

"No love for the big V-day this year." Bobby waved at Darren and Selene before taking another huge bite of souffle.

He made his way over to the group. "Ah ha... Is that a challenge?" He grinned and took a sip of the punch as he looked around the ballroom at the 'fabulous' hedgery the other students had made.

"It's called a joke, J. They work sometimes." Lorna smirked over at him and offered a fork. Apparently she had emptied out the drawer.

"Ah'd not even be here 'cept Sam's takin' his time gettin' ready." She shrugged at J, "Only if ya want it ta be, sug."

"Ah'd not even be here 'cept Sam's takin' his time gettin' ready." She shrugged at J, "Only if ya want it ta be, sug."

"Misreble assholes," Darren said jovially, "hey, is that chocolate or do my scanner's decive me?"

"Maybe someone stole the Valentine's Day this year," Selene said ominously as she followed Darren into the room.

"They decieve!" Lorna weilded her fork, grinning and fake jabbing.

"That's a welcome change," Selene remarked upon Rogue's words. "Usually it's us girls who are accused of taking too long to get ready for festivities."

Pietro followed Selene and Darren into the room, still feeling self-conscious about his newly brown hair but carrying cake. Emma had heard the word 'party' and insisted that he go and bring cake with him. So he was.

Rogue stole another bite, "Mmm. Lorna, gotta gimme a tip on y'all's suppliers." She laughed at Selene, "Ah know it. This our first big outtin' since he... So, guess he wants ta make sure he looks perfect."

"Yeah, well you can't help taking longer then me, babe, shapeshifting for the win," he pressed a kiss to her temple, "come on, let's go get some deciving chocolate before the ravening hordes decend."

J took the proffered fork and grabbed a bit of the souffle. "This is really good." He smiled.

"Hey guys..." Pietro smiled and carried the cake over to the table.

"Or maybe he's fixing a surprise of some sort." Lorna shrugged and grinned, glancing over to see who had come in. "Hey Pietro! Nice haircolor."

"I still blame myself for missing the opportunity to dye his hair while he was out," Selene replied, showing a small smirk. "I'm glad he got better, of course." She turned to Darren and smiled. "Deceiving sweets are my favourite kind."

"Oooh... Now ya gonna get me excited, Lorna."

"Thanks..." Pietro ran a hand though his hair and gave Lorna a smile, "Rogue's handy-work..."

Rogue arched an eyebrow at Selene, "Ah'm not! Ah like his hair thank y'all very much..."

"Nicer cake," Selene added to Lorna's words, eying Pietro's cake.

"That's Emma's handywork - help yourself, she'll take it personally if there's any left..." He told Selene.

"Mmmm," Darren said non-comitally, grabbing a fork from the table and facing Lorna, "shall we dual for the chocolate ma'am?"

"Well, the cake pretty much goes wIthout saying." Lorna laughed, then arched an eyebrow towards Darren. "Don't you know who I am? I'm the goddamned mistress of cutlery!"

"Don't worry; if there's any left, we can just stuff it into Darren," Selene said. "You wouldn't believe what all fits into him."

Pietro laughed, "This isn't all there is - there's two more in the car...."

He looked at the rest of shrubbery, "Um... Is that a ...." he trailed off as he looked a fairly openly obscene looking schulpture.

"I'm talking of food, of course," Selene added quickly, before turning to inspect the desserts.

Darren flushed a little at that, "Babe ... nevermind," he turned back to Lorna, "ah-ha! But I'm invincible don't you know, do your spork stabby worse, deciever of chocolate!"

"You mean that I can't do fun things by stabbing you with a fork like I would with a socket?" Lorna pouted.

Bobby snorfled around his next bite of soofell.

"What?" Selene looked at Darren. "See it as a compliment about your countless qualities." She glanced over her shoulder at the shrubbery J had pointed out. "Oh, I'm sure it is what you fear it might be. We tried to be creative with the decorations."

"Well, sure you could if you're into that thing, so long as Selene can join in and Bobby doesn't mind," he winked at his friend.

"Uh huh..." He blushed a second and then turned his back to the offensive bush.

Selene's head turned quickly. "Who's planning to stab who again?"

Pietro eyed the shrubs with raised eyebrows, "Wow those are definately... creative..."

"Lorna wants some happy eletrical funtimes I think, babe, sure you wouldn't object huh?"

"I'll record it!" he mumbled around his mouthful.

"You mean Bobby's not invited? But I always have him for stabby electrical funtimes!"

Rogue winced and had to fight not to laugh as she took a drink of her punch.

"He already said he'd film it, now come to papa, teach," he dropped the fork and made a mock grab for Lorna, snickering.

"As long as I can watch, I'm perfectly fine with any kind of depravity that might come along," Selene commented, helping herself to some of the chocolaty goodness.

Pietro helped himself to some cake, wondering if he should fetch the other two.

"Just getting a little buzz, that's all." Lorna gave her best innocent look.

Darren grinned and arched some yellow eletrical energy between his fingers, "Nothing 'little' about it, teach," he said in his best sexy voice.

"Oh, that might get me fired." Lorna snorted hard at that.

On hearing the topic of conversation, Pietro decided that getting the other two cakes Emma had baked from the car would be a good idea. He put his plate down and made a hastey retreat to the garage.

"Paaah, we're all consenting adults here, or alternativly you could just give me some chocolate and we'll drop this topic of conversation, huh?" Darren gave her a big grin.

"Ah, right, you two are now supposed to watch over us and make sure we don't misbehave or accidentally drink the detergent from underneath the kitchen sink," Selene commented, licking the chocolate off her spoon while she looked between Bobby and Lorna. "Somehow, this is an amusing idea. Slightly unsettling, too."

"You stay away from that detergent, young lady." Lorna waggled a finger. "We are responsible staff members! Really!" She stuck her tongue out.

"Even the lemon scented one," Selene asked and put on a pout.

"Especially the lemon ones." Lorna entoned gravely.

While Lorna was distracted by Selene Darren made a grab for the chocolate, "Ah-HA! Victory is mine!" He grabbed his bowl and scuttled over to Selene with a spoon and hid behind her.

Pietro returned with the cakes, glad for his speed. He put them on the table too and pulled the lids off the tins.

"See?" Selene took another spoonful of the dessert. "As soon as the staff claims you, they make sure to exorcise your sense of fun."

"Apparently the cake bred," Selene said, looking over her shoulder at Pietro carrying in the pastry reinforcements.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!" Lorna lunged after her concoction. "You eat my baby!"

"I did say there was two more," Pietro reminded her, "Emma really likes to bake...."

"Obviously, our baby eating reputation is not undeserved," Selene commented with a chuckle.

"Ah eat chure bebeh!" Darren cackled, shoving a mouthful of the soofell into his mouth and dancing away from Lorna.

"And you speak lolcat while you do it!" Lorna fake-chased, laughing all the way.

"Apparently us mutants are the new dingos," Selene mused, a frown appearing on her face. "In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to hear something like that on the news at some point."

"Ah haz chure puddin'!" Darren snickered, taunting Lorna across the room with his bowl and laughing as well, "I'm permamently logged into the internet, do you have any idea just how much of the internet is full of lolcats?"

"For Selene's sake I hope you don't always listen to what you find on the internet. Some things just shouldn't be suggested."

"I hope for your own sake you come with an unsee-button," Selene said, grinning.

"Oh man, I wish I had an unsee-button," Darren gave a little shudder and stuffed another spoonfull into his mouth, "Luckily after a while you become desensitised to all the crap ... literally man."

"I think everyone wishes they had an unsee button," Lorna sighed dramatically. "But then, you'd keep accidentally clicking on the garbage and never learn your lesson."

Pietro picked up the slice of cake he'd abandoned earlier and leaned against the table, watching the others.

"And that's how the Internet teaches us valuable life lessons," Selene commented and strode back to the food table. "I think I'll contribute a little to the cake-annihilation." She put her plate down and helped herself to a slice of Pietro's cake.

Pietro smiled at Selene, "I think one of them's got lemon in it..." He pulled the tin over.

"You're never gonna escape the lemons are you babe?" Darren grinned, finishing off his soofell and licking the spoon clean, "you don't teach home ec. as well do you Lorna?"

"It's not me who's after the lemons," Selene said, trying some of the cake. "It's the lemons who are after me. They always seem to find me in the end."

"Nope. Which is a good thing, actually. Imagine the tools we could use in the kitchen!"

"Shame, if all your food's as good as this I'd totally sign up," he liced the bowl clean, "why am I picturing blow-tourches there by the way?"

"First lesson would totally be creme brulee." Lorna nodded, not denying the blow-torches for a minute.

Pietro laughed a little at Selene's assertion that the lemons were out to get her.

Rogue winced at the mention of blow torches in the kitchen, "Imagine tha mess y'all'd make in tha kitchen's more like it."

Darren glanced at his hand, "Not sure I could shift an actual flamethrower though, I can convert my energy to heat, but never tried fire," he shrugged, "shall I save you from the stalking lemons by eating the cake then, Sel?"

"I find it oddly flattering to be stalked by fruit," Selene replied, smiling at Darren. "But, please, go ahead and be my saviour." She held out a forkful of cake to him.

Pietro cut himself a slice of the lemon cake in case Darren really did eat it all.

Darren grinned and leaned fowards, biting the cake off the fork in a vaguly suggestive way and winked at her.

"Please, don't violate the food while I'm eating?" Lorna didn't sound hopeful.

"Hey, I'm eating the food, I could be doing worse to it, I've seen X-tube, believe me," Darren grinned, licking his lips.

Rogue made a face and put her plate down.

Pietro decided he didn't want to know and retreated a little to eat his cake further away from the disturbing conversation.

"And suddenly I'm very grateful I never was curious enough to brave these depths of the web," Selene said. "What doesn't mean I don't know about interesting applications for food."

"Yep, all you need is imagination!" Lorna said quite grandly.

"You know that movie American Pie, that only scraped the surface of the depraved things humans will do to poor, innocent food," Ah-ha! The table was being vacated! The cake was all his!

"Well, in that case, we shall all be grateful that you have no need for seductive pie," Selene said and put an arm around Darren's waist.

"Oh, I see your dastardly plan now!" Lorna pointed accusingly. "Cake hoggery!"

Darren stuffed a large piece of cake into his moouth and gave Lorna an innocent look, the big hazel eyes might have worked better if he didn't have the mohawk up and his facial piercings.

"Darren can eat all the cake he likes - I can get cake whenever I like." Pietro said from the other end of the table.

"That's fortunate," Selene headed over to one of the comfortable armchairs and sat down, crossing her legs on the seat. "This talk of cakes and blowtorches actually tempts me to try my own hand and baking again. It's been a while since I produces anything edible."

"Well...let us know, okay?" Just to be on the safe side.

"Depends on how you define edible, I can eat anything pretty much," Darren shrugged, trying cake number two.

"Oh, there are smoke detectors in the kitchen," Selene replied, convinced that would actually explain anything.

"I'm sure there are plenty of people that could help you there, Sel... though if you're worried maybe you should have Anna on hand just in case...?" He'd heard of the healer though he had yet to meet her, she was more elusive than he was it seemed.

"Well there you go, so long as there's smoke detectors all is well," Darren said clearly dispite his mouth obviously being occupied with chewing, "mmm raspberry ..."

"Raspberry?" Well, that was it. Lorna stabbed herself off some cake.

Rogue frowned, "Damn. Blueberry Muffin's supplyin' elsewhere. Should chain 'er down." She cut herself a slice of the raspberry cake to test.

"Well Emma will be pleased people like her cakes..." Pietro helped himself to some more.

"Blueberry muffin's a whore." Lorna nodded seriously to Rogue.

"I think you should bring cake more often," Selene said, nodding at Pietro while she finished her piece.

"I concure, this cake is not a lie and is infact good."

"I don't think that'll be too difficult," Pietro replied, "Emma loves to bake and I see her every weekend. I'm sure we can come to some kind of arrangement." He smiled.

"This Emma your girlfriend then? You should have brought her to the party."

Pietro shook his head, "No she's not my girlfriend.... She just lives in my appartment in the city - she used to work for my father..."

"So she's ... what? Your tenant?" Darren raised an eyebrow at Pietro.

"And she pays you in cake?" Selene put the empty plate in her lap. "Outstanding."

"No, she just lives there... I don't use the place so she may as well..." he shrugged, "I felt bad because she used to live with my father... she had no where else to go...." he trailed off.

"Ah'd take payment in cake," she mused around her next bite. She gave Lorna a grim look, "Might hafta do somethin' 'bout that..."

"A tennancy in cake sounds good to me, you must be loaded though to afford to just give somene an appartment," Darren draped his arm around Selene's shoulders ... thinking about it he did that a lot really.

"I earn a decent wage...." Pietro frowned, "And I know Emma would pay me if I let her... I think she's bored though..."

"You have a job? What do you do?"

Selene leaned against Darren. "I wish I had a job," she mused. "Or cake to pay others with."

"I'm a clerk in a lawyers office - I have been for some time." He got more cake, "I nearly lost my job when they found out I was a mutant but they realised no one else was going to keep up with the paperwork like I can and let me stay..."

"You could totally get a job if you wanted too babe, in the mean time I'll just keep on hacking ATM's for us-" he trailed off when he remembered that Lorna, while still cool, was now a staff member.

Lorna's eyebrow had arched up considerably...but then she remembered Vegas. "I'm temporarily deaf."

Pietro smiled and shook his head.

"Oh yeah? That sucks," Darren gave her a grateful smile and squeezed Selene's shoulders.

Rogue smirked and gave Lorna a pat on the back.

Selene thought about the prospect of paid work for a moment while she chewed on her fork. "It had to be an entertaining job, of course," she said, taking advantage of Lorna's momentary deafness. "If I just needed money, I could simply tell people to give me some."

"There are plenty of fun jobs out there... what do you like doing? Maybe you could find something where you could do that?"

"I enjoy stabbing others with needles," Selene replied, making a demonstrative movement with the hand that held the fork. "Piercing, that is. I believe I'm quite good at it by now, too."

"Rae does piercings and stuff right? Maybe you could ask her about it?@

"Then again, nurses also get to play with needles," Selene continued. "And they have access to drugs. Plus, I look fantastic in a nurse outfit." She frowned. "The classical ones, anyway. Too bad they only have the boring new uniforms today."

"An' tattoos." She smirked, "Multiple needle pokin's at once."

Lorna's face crinkled. "Needles."

Pietro looked at Lorna, "Don't like needles?"

"Mistress o' cutlery don't do so well 'gainst those."

Selene nodded, tapping the fork against her lips. "Yes, I think I should consult Rachel. Perhaps we could even come to a business agreement."

"Not a big fan, no." Lorna admitted.

"Sounds like a plan," Pietro smiled at Selene, "See? Not so hard to think of a suitable job..."