2/09 Instance: Believable Arm Candy

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current

Monet: Monet walked the halls slower than usual paying close attention to people she passed. Every single one of them had a different color light surrounding them. It was oddly disturbing... She finally made it to where she had wanted to go and made her way into the room. "The prodigal son is still here? Such a shock."

Pietro: Pietro heard the voice and nearly smudged the line he was painting. He peered around his canvas, eyebrows going up. "Monet?" He hastily pulled the cover sheet down over his canvas. Private.

Monet: "The one and only." She moved further into the room and tilted her head as she looked at him. His color would be pretty on a wall... Like a light indigo almost.

Pietro: "Wow... er... so you're all better?" He ran a hand though his hair, what did she want?

Monet: "Not quite, non. The virus is in an odd state of remission. Why? Were you hoping I wouldn't wake up? Then you'd not have to worry about my breaking your legs, hmm?" She moved to sit on a stool near him and crossed her legs primly. She hated that she had sought him out, but it was a smart idea. "Your hair is quite different."

Pietro: "No I wasn't hoping that..." He glanced at the canvas to make sure it was completely covered, "Rogue dyed it for me..." he told her, in response to the comment about his hair, "So I can pass as 'human' for Farouk's spying thing.... Or did you not hear about that yet?"

Monet: "Oh, oui, I had heard through the rumor mill." She arched an eyebrow at him, "That's why I'm here in fact. I have a proposition for you."

Pietro: Pietro blinked at her, "A proposition? ... What kind?" He pulled a stool over and sat down. Listening never hurt anyone... and maybe if he did it she'd stop threatening to break his legs. The reminder of that threat had reminded him how much the thought terrified him.

Monet: "Every good young rich man has some sort of trophy on his arm, oui? I need in. Not only to help, but also to keep an eye on mon chat." She narrowed her eyes, "And on you as well."

Pietro: "I told you before, I have no intention of hurting anyone." Pietro reminded her, "But I think I see what you're getting at..." he frowned, "Are you sure you want to...?"

Monet: She arched an eyebrow, "Why would I not want to?" Monet grinned, "Or is it you who is skeptical and wary?"

Pietro: "Well since you've already given me a veiled threat to break my legs today, I'm not sure it'd be entirely good for my health to have you that close to me." He folded his arms, "So you tell me, should I be skeptical and wary?"

Monet: "Of course not. I won't harm you unless you do something else to warrant such harm. Or until Mayhem tells me that I may break the promise I made to him about it," she smirked.

Pietro: Pietro sincerely hoped she didn't ask Mayhem if she should still keep that promise because the way May had been lately, he wasn't sure he'd tell her 'no'. "Well there's no danger of that happening." He ran a hand through his hair again, "Okay. Let's say I agree to this. You're going to have to be nice to me - think you can?"

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow, "Darling, I was raised in the aristocratic world. I have a very good poker face, as some would say." She tilted her head at him, "And you're going to have to not be nervous around me. Do you think that you can do that?"

Pietro: "If I can manage to be civil to my father at a dinner table surrounded by people I hate, I think I can manage." He replied, "You're not the only one that's good at masking what they really feel."

Monet: "Good. Now that that's settled, we have a slight problem." She crossed her arms, "I'm very well known by more people than I would care to count. My father loved to take me to all of his events, trotting me out for the world to see. It would not be so easy for me to just dye my hair and become someone different."

Pietro: "No, I suppose not... so did you have some kind of plan for that?" Even as he asked he was trying to think of a way around it but the time spent in his father's labs was clouding his problem solving. He kept hitting that dead end labeled 'serum' in his mind.

Monet: "Unfortunately, my plan wouldn't work as I can't seem to find Jason anywhere." She shifted on the stool some, "So I was hoping that either you could come up with a plan b, or we'll just have to work around it and let people think you must be important to have me on your arm. It's not like anyone but my father knows I'm at this school anyway."

Pietro: "There's only one thing I can think of that might work... but I really would rather not go down that route if I can help it.... Because that would mean talking to my father." He scrubbed his face with his hands, "I'm sure there's a way around it without that but I can't seem to... never mind... leave it with me? I'm sure between the two of us we can come up with something?"

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow, "Your father? So you want me to be another pet project, do you?"

Pietro: Pietro shook his head, "Of course not.... Like I said, I don't want to go down that road. And I'm not sure he'd be especially helpful since I destroyed all the serums in his labs before I left. He's had to start again." He couldn't help the small smile there, it still amused him a little.

Monet: He wanted to inject her with a serum? He was crazy. "Even if he had them, I wouldn't let you. Mayhem would also kill you for trying you realize."

Monet: Monet tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and regarded him for a moment. "The only thing that having Monet St. Croix on your arm would do is draw more attention to you. And you wouldn't be permitted to treat me simply as arm candy. Everyone who knows of me knows that I do not permit such things."

Pietro: Pietro rolled his eyes, "Were you not listening when I said I didn't want to do that?" It was like talking to a wall... "I have no trouble believing that of you... I'll do it... but it means you're going to have to get used to calling me 'Peter Tomkins' because that was the alias Darren supplied me with."

Monet: "That's easy enough," she smirked, "Peter." Monet extended her hand to him, palm down, "Monet St. Croix. It's a pleasure."

Pietro: Pietro eyed her hand for a moment, raising an eyebrow. Then he sighed, rolling his eyes a little. This was already surreal. "Likewise..." He took her had and bent to kiss her knuckle, not actually going that far though because it was already weird. He straightened again, "You realize, if we keep this up people are going to give us funny looks...."

Monet: "Of course. But that has never bothered me before. Although, Mayhem does not know... I believe I should tell him... But only when the time is right. Who knows, it might give him fuel in the ring to save his life." Monet rose slowly and looked down at him, "I was raised to keep your friends close and your enemies closer however. This is the best way to keep an eye on you and you on me."

Pietro: "Yeah, but you have no need to keep an eye on me - I haven't threatened to break your legs." He stood up again, "You are perfectly safe."

Monet: "No, of course you didn't, but you did however already break Mayhem's." She gave him a sweet smile, "I can take care of myself. You don't scare me in the slightest, love. So therefore, it's not me I'm watching out for."

Pietro: "I didn't want to break Mayhem's, believe me, if there was anything I could do to put him back the way he was, I'd do it." He sighed, "I'm not suggesting you should be afraid of me, Monet. I'm no danger to anyone anymore... except my father."

Monet: "You really should stop wasting your breath trying to convince me of that. I know everything that happened while Mayhem was there and I am not easily fooled." She gave him a curt nod, "I shall see you soon then. Glad we had this little chat."

Pietro: "I'm not trying to fool anyone... but you go ahead and believe that if it makes you feel better..." he sat down on his stool again, picking up his paintbrush, "I'll get a copy of my back story for you to look over."

Monet: "Merci. We should also come up with a believable story for the two of us soon. Be thinking." She gave a light wave and headed out.

Pietro: "Yeah I will..." Pietro muttered, he lifted the sheet from his canvas and continued to work.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Talking Pussy

Post by Raven Hare »

Hmm... might be interesting if all the fights stay in the cage. This mission has definately made strange bedfollow of these two! ;)
:hepz :kitty
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

Post by stjohn »

Hec would pay good money to see this... ;)
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn