2/11 Instance: Hutch

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline - after 'Bunnies and Fishes'

Christopher slammed the clay down on the table. "Ugh this isn't as easy as last time." He punched the clay making the table under it groan. "I don't even really know what she likes other than bunnies. And I already made her one of those." He rolled up the clay and made a ball out of it wetting it down a little so it didn't get too dry.

Darren pushed open the door to the art-room, whistling cheerfully and out of tune as he did so, nodding at the guy who was already in the room, "Yo," ahhh ... the new kid, well, one of them, he hadn't really met them all yet.

"Oh Uhmm Hi." He pushed the clay aside and noticed a small crack in the table. "Oh shit.. That's not good....."

"Huh?" Darren frowned, "Oh, don't worry about the table, I've scarred it all to shit doing my art stuff," he came over and held out his hand, "Name's Darren, Darren Kent."

"Uhmm my hands a little dirty but my name's Christopher Nord. Feel free to call me Chris though. You're uhmm one of Kitty's friends aren't you?"

Darren snorted, dropping his hand, "Yeah I'm Kitkat's friend, and whatever she's told you, it ain't true man ..." snorted again as he made his way over to the metalworking supplies.

"Well actually she didn't tell me." He laughed a little. "Pietro helped me make her a present the other day for her and mentioned you. I'm actually tryin to make her another one right now but I'm not suceeding if you couldn't tell by the crack in the table."

Darren chuckled as he rummaged in the cupboard, "Yeah, common beginers mistake, you have to shape the clay, not the surface it's on," he turned around, lots of silver and black wire in his hand, "or are you having power issues? What is it you do anyway then?"

The question as to why he was making things for Kitty would come later ... wouldn't do to scare the guy just yet ...

"Yeah I'd go with power issues. That compounded with a little aggrivation of not knowing what to make her." He started playing around with the clay just moving it around.

"So you have the ultimate mutant power of breaking tables when you're fucked off with clay?" Darren sat down oposite him and spread the wire across the table top, "Why don't you make her a rabbit? She loves rabbits."

"Hehe yeah, except i'm more like a human jackhammer. The harder you hit me the harder I hit back. Also I have a healing factor." He laughed a little and kept playing around with the clay. "Oh you haven't seen the one I already made her? I made her one for Valentines day a couple of days ago but I kinda ran into her and ended up giving it to her earlier than planned."

"Useful, I'm an energy converter as well, among other things," Darren shifted his hands techno-organic, the yellow lights glowing brighty against his black skin as he morphed them into wire cutters and started to cut the wire into different lenghts.

"V-Day huh?" Darren glanced up at Chris a little suspiciously, "You sweet on K-girl then?"

"Y-yeah..." He started figgeting with the clay. He hadn't told anyone that was good friends with her that he liked her yet. "She's all I can think about lately. I tried to take a swim the other day to see if that'd help but It didn't work out so well."

"Mmm, well usually it's a cold shower rather then a swim, what happened then?" Darren clipped away at the wires.

"Ran into two not so nice students that pissed me off a little. But I just left and watched my fish.... So uhmm would you mind helping me make something for her? I haven't really gotten a chance to know what she likes other than bunnies."

"Yeah, there's some right fuckers here, try not to let them get to you though, that's what they want," he smiled a little and watched Chris struggle with the clay for a few more moments, "if you havn't got any inspiration don't try and force it, it'll just come out shit."

"You told Kitty that you like her yet then?" he asked casually.

"Heh I'm a little more technical about it. I pic something I wanna do and just kinda get at it and eventually it looks pretty good. I mean Kitty liked my fish and bunny. Uhmm.... Kinda."

"You didn't answer the question dude," Darren raised an eyebrow at Chris, this guy really was a puppy wasn't he?

"Well I indirectly told her she was someone special to me." He kept playing with the clay.

"And what did she say to that? You know her last boyfriend cheated on her right?" He started to bend the wire experimentally.

"No I didn't." Now he felt really bad for kitty. "I-I guess I should prolly leave her be.... I don't wanna hurt her anymore than she already has been."

Darren sighed, "No, first rule, you don't go dropping girls like that if they've got baggage, just be friends with her for now and if she wants to take it further, leave it up to her, that's my advice," damn, never thought I'd ever be giving anyone relationship advice ...

"Yeah I guess." He sighed a bit and slumped over the clay still messing with it.

Darren rolled his eyes, "No getting emo on me or anything, really can't stand fucking woobie-emos, just give it time 'kay? If it can happen it will."

"Heh I'm not emo. I just don't know for shit how this stuff works. I mean I really like Kitty a lot. But I just don't know anything bout this stuff. I'm socially inept bro."

"I havn't aged mentally since I manifested when I was thirteen and I've still managed to get a girlfriend," Darren said with a small shrug, not strictly the truth but close enough, "Just let her take it at her own pace, okay? Also, if I hear that you've been putting any pressure on her or any funny stuff, I'll smack you so hard in the face your nose will pop out the back of your head, okay?" He gave the guy a warning look for emphasis.

"I wouldn't think of it man!!! Promise! Eagle scouts honor." He held up the scout sign. "I just wanna make her happy."

"I take that very seriously man, I was a scout when I was a kid," Darren smirked a little, satisfied that the point had been made, "you wanna make her happy then huh?"

"Yeah me too! And yeah. I love her smile. It just .. well I dunno how to describe it." He rubbed the back of his head.

Darren's smirk turned into something more like a genuine smile, eh, it was kinda cute, "Then rather then make her a valentines present, make her something pratical," he had an inkling of an idea, "you ever done carpentry?"

"Nope not at all. Last time I played with wood I bout cut my finger clean off doing the woodcarving merit badge. But I'm always willing to learn from someone who isn't a complete idiot. Plus now I know if I cut myself I'll just heal right up."

"Cool, well it's always good to learn new shit, esspecially if your teacher is a genius like me," Darren said, giving Chris a wide grin, "You know her rabbit's pregnant right?"

"Nope I had no idea. And yeah always good to learn new stuff."

"Well she's gonna need a nesting hutch for Lola when she has the kits, rather then her having to go and buy one you could help me make one for her, she'd really appreciate it I think, nice, thoughtful friendship gesture."

"Sure. I'd be glad too." He cracked his knuckles. "Lets get this show on the road."
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Talking Pussy

Post by Raven Hare »

Awww! ^_^ Chris is such a sweetie!! And LUV protective pseudo big brother Darren! I have a feeling Kitty's going to love the hutch :D
:hepz :kitty