2/11 Instance: Let's Find a Church

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Timeline: Current

Sam: Closing a book up with a satisfied smile he set it aside, only to make a slight pout at the stack of 'completed' versus 'needs to do' piles. It was like comparing a fly to a horse, even though he'd been busting his hump to try to get the work done. He slid the next book over, knowing that he really didn't have a thing to complain about if all he was worried about now was getting some assignments done.

Rogue: Rogue smiled as she pushed the door open to the library, spotting Sam immediately. Looked like he'd gotten a headway into his work... Hopefully enough for a break. She slipped silently up behind him and covered his eyes with her hands, leaning down to pepper kisses along his neck.

Sam: Starting lightly, he laughed. "Ah'd 'guess who', but if it ain't you darlin', I'll be in a helluva lot of trouble."

Rogue: She smiled against his neck, "Only if ya reacted tha wrong way." She slid her arms down to rest over his shoulders, her hands clasping in front of his chest as she moved up to kiss his cheek. She peered at the work he was doing, "Havin' any luck?"

Sam: Pulling her carefully on his lap he wrapped his arms around her, going back to tapping his pencil on the page. "Well, makin' good headway today. Ah didn't realize how much Ah'd missed. With that time Ah wasn't awake and all on top of what Ah'd already fallen behind on."

Rogue: "Yeah... Missed plenty mah own self." She settled against him and stared down at his work some more, "Darlin', y'all wanna take a break? Been at it f'r a while..." It made her kind of nervous and a bit anxious asking that because of what she wanted to talk to him about... But the longer she put it off the worse it might get.

Sam: "Sure. You wanna go get a bite to eat? Or go for a walk? Ah'm quite happy to get outta here for a little bit."

Rogue: "We can do whatever, sugah. Ain't fussed..." She chewed her lip and pulled away enough to look at him, having to smile as the sight of his blue eyes smiling at her eased some of the tension. Just a couple weeks ago she never thought she'd see them again. And then she remembered... "Got somethin' Ah've been meanin' ta talk ta y'all 'bout... Show ya."

Sam: "Yeah?" He glanced at the door and then back at her. "This somethin' that you can show me here or is it somethin' more for...um...like in our room?"

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "Here. But we can go ta our room if ya want..." She grinned at him mischievously, "Or we could hide between tha aisles..."

Sam: Blushing he shook his head with a fond smile. "Nice to see you back bein' sassy rather than worryin' darlin'. But if it's somethin' for the bedroom don't know if Ah'm up to you showin' me here where anyone could walk in. Rather be keepin' that to myself."

Rogue: Rogue leaned in to kiss him for a moment. "Ah'll bet one day Ah can getcha ta do somethin' where someone might catch us... It's a thrill." She licked her lips and sighed as she pulled away, shifting on his lap to pull the letters from her back pocket. She slipped from his lap to sit on the table next to his open book as she handed the stack over.

Sam: He picked the top one up, frowning at it. "What're these?"

Rogue: "Letters... Found 'em a few days ago. Ah ain't about ta show 'em ta Neena... But think y'all should see 'em."

Sam: "Neena?" He looked at her and then back down at them and pulled the first one open, his eyes skimming it before the paper crinkled slightly under his increased grip. "What the hell?"

Rogue: Rogue sucked in a breath through her teeth and looked down at her lap. "Ah had no idea. Ah found 'em when Ah went up ta go through Ben's stuff f'r Neena..."

Sam: "Ah'm not blamin' you." He cupped his hand under her chin and pulled her around so that she could face him, see his eyes. "Ah'm just...surprised." Which was one way of putting it.

Rogue: She gave him a small smile and slipped back into his lap, taking the letters and thumbing through them. "They're all pretty much tha same. From when he came home from Asia ta b'fore he married Neena." She chewed her lip, "Feel a bit worse f'r missin' his funeral now... But Ah'm glad Ah was with y'all tha whole time."

Sam: "Yeah." And he was brought up better than to say ill of a dead man, which was why he was biting his tongue so hard. "Well, it's all a matter of history, ain't it? What are you plannin' to do with these?"

Rogue: "Ah ain't figured it out yet... Ah mean, Ah don't wanna keep 'em 'cause Neena could find 'em... Or y'all could think somethin'... But at tha same time, Ah don't wanna get rid o' 'em 'cause it's a good memory o' him an' Ah got so few o' those..." She looked up at him, searching his eyes, "What do y'all want me ta do? Tell me true, Sam."

Sam: Pushing the stack slightly away from him he sighed. "Well, Ah can't say that I'm leapin' with joy about havin' love letters from another man to you around. But Ah'd accept it if it means a lot to you."

Rogue: "Ain't tha love part that means anythin' Sam." She ran her hands through his hair. "Ain't that part at all. It's just somethin' that's genuine from him. Where he wasn't bein' an arrogant know-it-all asshole..." Rogue smirked, "Ah mean, these're better memories than when Ah broke his jaw... Even though it felt good."

Sam: A small snort escaped him. "Well, yeah, Ah'd have to agree with you there. This all of it then?"

Rogue: "Yeah, those're all o' 'em." She met his eyes, "But Ah won't keep 'em if ya don't want me to an' Ah won't have a problem with it at all. Promise."

Sam: "Darlin', Ah've never believed in that sorta thing. You havin' to follow what Ah want or somethin' like that. It's not like Ah can be jealous of him, now is it? But if you don't want them found, you're gonna have to be careful of them."

Rogue: "Ah know ya don't, but Ah'd rather not make y'all uncomfortable neither." She ran her thumb over his jaw and leaned down to kiss him softly. "Ah'll just stick 'em in a shoe box in tha closet." Rogue kissed him again and pulled back to look at his face, "But now that ya know 'bout it... Ah think ya should know that Ah've been thinkin' an' there's somethin' else y'all should know."

Sam: "Oh?" His hand returned to her waist, thumb rubbing slow circles on her back. "Ah'm hopin' that it's not about mah lack of writin' skills."

Rogue: Rogue laughed and shook her head, "No, darlin'. Ah don't need love letters from y'all." She looked down at her hands resting on his shoulders, face sobering. "It's about when y'all died... Ah know ya ain't really wanted ta talk much 'bout it an' Ah cain't blame ya, but Ah gotta talk 'bout it... Leastways 'bout part o' it."

Sam: Grimacing slightly he squirmed, literally pinned down by her in this instance. "Ah still don't understand all that, you know? Ah still don't remember that. It's...Ah just think it's plain weird. Not that Ah'm ungrateful or anythin'. But it kinda breaks your brain, you know?"

Rogue: "Broke more'n mah brain, sugah," she murmured. "Ah don't know what happened. Ah don't know how ya came back... An' Ah ain't sure Ah wanna know." Rogue looked up to meet his eyes, "But there are a few things that Ah do know. Ah know that part o' me died with y'all. Ah know that Ah slipped mentally. Ah know that when ya ...resurrected, so did Ah."

Rogue: She chewed her lip and slipped her hands into her lap, slipping her ring off and into the palm of her left hand. "But what Ah know most o' all... Is that Ah never wanna go through that again." She took his hand and put her ring in it. “Ah don’t think Ah’d survive it.”

Sam: "Umm." He stared at the ring in the palm of his hand, throat tight. "Ah thought...Ah mean, Ah know you've had a tough time of all this - lookin' after me and seein' all of it. But Ah thought we were ok."

Rogue: Rogue shifted in his lap so she was straddling him, making facing him a lot easier. Her heart was pounding and her skin felt like it was on fire with nerves, but she came this far. She should at least finish.

Rogue: "Sam," she started and then had to stop and take a breath, meeting his eyes. "Ah want y'all ta give that back ta me when ya ready. Tha right way."

Sam: He didn't really know what to say at first so he just folded his arms around her, pulling her into his chest. "Yeah? You sure? You know that Ah was happy with everythin' we had before, darlin'."

Rogue: Rogue chewed her lip, staying silent for a long moment. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, glad to smell him again and not the med lab. "Ah'm sure." She sat up to look at him, "Like Ah said Ah don't wanna go through that again. Ah've been thinkin' on it f'r a while... Ah want it all with you, Sam. Ah felt like Ah missed out on so much when Ah lost ya. Ah don't wanna miss out on anythin'."

Sam: "Well then." He drew her in for a kiss, dizzied by the turn of events but happy enough to oblige. "If Ah'm gonna be doin' this right, Ah'm gonna do it right." Slipping her off his lap, he knelt in front of her. "Marie, would you do me the honour of becomin' mah wife?"

Rogue: Rogue couldn't stop the smile that spread across her face, even though her heart was still hammering with nerves. "Sam, y'all sure ya ready ta be engaged now?" For the first time ever, she hoped he said yes.

Sam: "Wouldn't have asked if Ah wasn't." He kissed her hand. "Though Ah'm thinkin' a long engagement might be a good idea. But darlin', Ah've already died and come back. What am Ah really waitin' for?"

Rogue: Rogue felt her cheeks grow hot and she squeezed his hand and held out her left to him. "Then, yes, Sam Guthrie. Ah'll marry you."

Sam: Standing he pulled her close. "Wow. Well, Ah guess this doesn't quite top comin' back from the dead in terms of things Ah didn't expect to do, but Ah think it's a pretty good one." He sobered and kissed her temple. "Ah promise Ah'll look after you. Treat you good. You know that, right?"

Rogue: Rogue wrapped her arms around him and held on tight. "Ah know it," she said softly as she nodded. She felt her throat get tight and hey eyes rim with hot tears and she laughed. "Ah never thought in a million years...." She pulled back to look at him and smiled, "Ah'm lucky ta have y'all, Sam." Rogue raised to her toes and brushed her lips against his. And then it hit her, "We're engaged..."

Sam: "Yup we are. Do Ah need to have it witnessed so you can't over think it later and claim temporary insanity?"

Rogue: She laid her left hand flat against his chest and stared at the ring on it for a moment, thinking about his question. "No. Ah wanna get everythin' Ah can outta what we have." She looked up and gave him a smirk, "But ya know... Now mah right hand feels naked..."

Sam: "Well...Ah'm thinkin' maybe all this with a new start would mean Ah could get you somethin' a little more traditional. Then your ring can go back where it belongs. Then we'll kinda be double...Ah dunno. Bonded? Linked? What's the word for it anyways?"

Rogue: Rogue gave a shrug, "Ah have no idea..." She slipped from his arms and took his right hand, pulling his ring off and moving it to his left hand. "All Ah know is that Ah never thought Ah'd want this. But at tha moment, Ah cain't think of anythin' Ah want more." She looked down at his hand for a moment, "Ah'd made mahself not want it... Never thought Ah'd get ta have it."

Sam: "Well, maybe then all this is a good thing. Time to stop runnin' cause you gotta grab life while you can, hey?"

Rogue: "Y'all dyin' will never be a good thing in mah book. But it sure did open mah eyes..." She slipped back in close and pressed her lips against his chest. "Ah still wanna run, Sam. But not f'r tha same reasons. An' not without y'all."

Sam: "Ah'm pretty sure you had the harder end of that deal. Ah still don't remember anythin' from it." His smile widened. "And Ah'm pretty sure this will be the cherry on the sundae for mah momma. Ah think she felt closer to y'all when Ah was sick and through...well. Y' know."

Rogue: Rogue blushed a little, "Was hard ta juggle helpin' her through it an' dealin' mah own self... But figure she had ta do tha same thing. Worked out alright." She held him tight, "Don't y'all ever do that ta me again though, hear me?"

Sam: "Hey! Wasn't mah idea." Giving her a firm hug back he tugged on her waist a bit. "So...how about we take a break from studyin' and go make a call or two then? And maybe have a bit of a break too. Ah'm not sure Ah would be able to get much done at this point."

Rogue: "Ah can hear tha high-pitched voices o' excitement now..." She laughed and shook her head, "Alright, Rebel." Rogue turned and took a few backwards steps pulling him with her hands in his, "But Ah wanna take that break first..."

Sam: He laughed at the sway of her hips, his mouth turning up in a happy smile. "Ah think we can manage that."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Awww :*)
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

D'awwwwww. Yeah, I was totally expected her to give him back the ring and go all psycho. Now Bobby doesn't have to kill her! :clap
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

Post by stjohn »

aww.... That's so cute... ;) Now we gonna have a bridezilla version of Rogue.... That's not gonna be pretty... ;)
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

I SOOOOO saw that turning out bad and was about to cry for sam. Felt really bad for the guy. But it was a very good one. Good job you two!
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

EEEEEeeeeeeeeee!!! :bounce
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen