3/16 Instance: Joy Ridin'

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

3/16 Instance: Joy Ridin'

Post by Ferguson »

Current timeline

Kitty: "Where are they??" Kitty got up from looking under the bed and dusted off her knees, with a frustrated 'humph'. She'd checked all her jeans pockets, dumped out her purse and her backpack, even looked in Lola's hutch. Her car keys were just gone. "Maybe I left them in the ignition..." She ran a hand through her hair and went down to the garage.

Kitty: When she got to the garage, Kitty stopped short and gave a horrified gasp. Kitty's big brown eyes were huge. "My keys? Where's my car!?" In the spot where her mustang should have been was and empty parking space. She grabbed her cell phone out of her pocket and tried calm down enough to dial the police.

Hector: Hec drove up the drive slowly, he'd had fun taking the mustang into town, but no he had to be careful and put it back where he'd found it. He saw Kitty as he pulled into the garage and honked, "Just the lady I was lookin for..."

Kitty: "Oh my God, my car!!" Kitty put the phone back in her pocket and ran up to meet her prized possession. "What where you doing with my c-" She stopped short. "Hey... where did that scratch go?" There had been a place on the bumper that she'd scraped the first week she had the car.

Hector: Hec lithely pulled himself out the window after he killed it and tossed her the keys. "Yeah... That didnt look good, and if I'ma borrow your car, it's gotta look good. Cain't be seen in a cheap lookin ride..."

Kitty: "What?? You went joy riding in my car??" She caught her keys on the fly. As if she wasn't already mad enough at him. "How dare you!!"

Hector: "Wasn't really joy riding... Transmission slippin, scratches all over, oil was low, no anti-coolant... When was the last time you gave this thing a tune up?" He asked, a concerned look on his face. "I mean really girl... you gotta take care of somethin this nice..."

Kitty: She flushed, mad but now embarrassed too. "Was going to take it to my dad's mechanic when we let out for Spring Break. I don't know anybody up here that I'd trust." She shoved her keys in her pocket and did a walk around inspection. "Never had the money to get the scratches all buffed out."

Hector: "No kiddin... That shit aint cheap." He nodded and leaned up against the car next to hers and watched her check out all that he'd had done. "Specially time sensitive jobs... Was hopin I could get back before you knew it was gone... Obviously failed there." He said with a grin.

Kitty: Kitty shook her head confused. "So - what? You steal people's cars, go joy riding in them and then give them a tune up?" She looked inside and found the paper floor mats from the body shop covering the floor board. "And get them detailed?"

Hector: "Full tank of gas too." He nodded with a smile. "But don't think I do that for just anyone." He gave her a wink. "Just... Yeah. Kinda screwed up the other day... Figured I'd try to make up for it..."

Kitty: Kitty leaned up from peeking in the driver's side. "Oh yeah... that..." She'd avoided Hector since their run in at the library. She was still mad at Hector, but the conversation she'd had with J did help some. "J told me you went and checked on your girlfriend." Finally. "So how is she?"

Hector: "Much better... Not sick no more, think we mighta figured out what was wrong." He told her, but leaving out details. "I shouldn't a flipped out on you... I just didn't get what you were really sayin... kinda took it the wrong way. So... There.." He motioned towards the car.

Kitty: A sweet smile curled up on her lips. "Thanks Hector. Thanks for saying so." She patted the roof of the mustang. "You didn't have to do this. You could just say I'm sorry..." Her smile turned into a grin. "But I do appreciate it. She's never looked better!"

Hector: "What? Me? Sorry? Oh hell no... Can't be seen goin soft." He grinned, "But, Eh, figured I could take care of this anyway, I know a guy that knows a guy..." He winked. "Just be glad I had them put in the new car smell instead of the one that’s in my car."

Kitty: "Well, thank you. It was very- " don't say 'sweet'..."nice of you to get my car back into shape. I know I been kind of running her ragged..." She cocked her head up him. "Why? What smell is in your car?" She looked up at him completely innocent and curious.

Hector: "Oh you know, natural herbs and minerals flavor." He grinned. Had to get the 'just got laid' smell taken out though, can't give rides if they keep smellin' them pheromones... "So... What're you up to now? Take 'er out for a spin, see if you can pick up some hot guys or like whatever?" He said in his best valley girl.

Kitty: Kitty laughed and flushed as it suddenly dawned on her what the 'smell' he was talking about. It was fairly common knowledge that Hector was a dealer. "Hot guys? If I want to hit on a hot guy, all I have to do is go anywhere in this school and throw a rock," she grinned. "I don't really have any plans, but I would love to take her out for a test spin... wanna come with?" She patted roof again, admiringly.

Hector: "Sure thing." He grinned, "Want me to drive?" He laughed and climbed in the passenger seat. "Just messin, I'll ride shotty." He made himself comfy, "I get control of the radio though."

Kitty: "I don't think so!" She slapped his hand away from the CD player, quoting her one of her favorite old TV shows. "Driver picks the music. But I might consider letting you have a vote..." Grinning madly, Kitty put the keys in the ignition and listened to the engine. "Wow.. That transmission really was in bad shape." It sound so much better as she put the car in gear and backed out.

Hector: "Yeah yeah yeah..." He grinned, seeing her immediate reaction to the new and improved 'stang. "Just no Hannah Montana else I might have to bail out." He said easily, just then realizing he'd never ridden with Kitty, and not all that certain about her ability to drive. "Bit of a switch you driving..."

Kitty: She noticed his body language tighten up a bit as she got on the highway and made a quick lane change. "Don't worry - I haven't run into anything in weeks!" she chuckled. "Yeah... I don't think I will ever forget the first time we went for a drive." The night Kraven had attacked was a night she would never forget. "Or where we hid out for the night..." A flush rose up her neck.

Hector: "Ha... Yeah, I bet." He grinned over at her, "Best just be glad I'm such a gentleman, tooootally coulda taken advantage a that." He watched her blush pick up even more.

Kitty: "Don't be so sure," she winked at him, still flushing. "Can't take advantage of what you can't touch."

Hector: "Oh, I think I coulda talked you into lettin me." He winked, "I'm nothin if not persuasive. But, c'est la vie, and its in the past. We'll both just have to live with what might have been." He said longingly and wistfully with a grin on his face.

Kitty: "Keep that up and I'll put you out of this car!" she mock glared at him. She swerved hard around a corner. "She's running much smoother."

Hector: "After I been soo nice to you?" He grinned. "Yeah... They said you needa change your oil more often than once a lifetime..." His knuckles were white as he held onto the arm rest.

Kitty: "You have to change that?" She gave him her best dumb blonde look. "Next thing I know, you'll be telling me the same thing about the transmission fluid." She took her eyes off the road and stared at him. "You ok?"

Hector: "Yeah, I'm fine." He looked over at her, looking at him and pointed at the road ahead of them. "Eyes off the good missy, can look more later." He said with a tight smile.

Kitty: Kitty rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to the road. "You know, I'm going to have to get a convertible if you gonna keep up with the big head," she grinned. "So, you hungry? I'm buying..."

Hector: "Always. No Chinese." He answered, "But you know... It's not really a big head if you can back it up." He refrained from making a crack about how big his head was, see, he can filter, sometimes. "So, what you been keepin busy with? Aint see you round lately, holin' up with some boy tryina make me jealous?"

Kitty: Kitty groaned, "Don't even get me started. J's off doing - whatever. Chris is still chasing me. At least I have Darren and Jay. There both, you know - 'safe'. But, nope I just been trying to keep up with my homework and trying to get my ex to give me all my stuff back." She thinned her lips a little at that last part and crossed two lanes to get to the exit. "How 'bout you?"

Hector: "Oh not much. Takin a vacay from work, catching up on classes, think Hepz might be preggo." He listed them off all matter-of-factly. "He's not givin' your stuff back? You want me to give'm a little talk?" He grinned, "I'm awesome at gettin stuff."

Kitty: The Mustang skidded to a halt on the shoulder of the road. "You think WHAT? That Hepz is pregnant?? Oh my God! That's huge!" She totally forgot about her stuff for a moment. "What are you going to do?" The thought of an unplanned pregnancy had definitely been high on Kitty's reasons to avoid having sex. The thought of that made her panic.

Hector: Hec's hand and face went white as she narrowly missed getting hit. "Uh... What? We're gonna find out... Not gonna make any plans till after we find out." He looked at her, "But yo. You cain't say nothin about this to anyone, got it? Secret type shit..."

Kitty: "O-ok," she nodded. "Not a word. So... how you and her doing with that?" She bit her lip and waited as cars blew past them on the street.

Hector: "Eh... It's weird... Different. Both tryin ta figure it all out and waitin ta see if she is or isnt... She doesn't wanna go to see Hank to find out for sure... So I'm just kinda waitin..." He shrugged his shoulders, "But I mean it, I hear anything, anywhere, and I'ma come and find you." He gave her his best menacing look, and a wink.

Kitty: "No, I swear. I won't say a word." She put her hand over her heart. "But after seeing that lab and those cages she was kept in, I can't really say I blame her." She eased the car back into traffic. "But, you know, I love babies... if she is, and you ever need a baby sitter - I'm your girl!" she grinned.

Hector: "Ha. Deal. I'll let her know." He grinned, happy they were off topic and back on the road. "So what we grabin ta eat?" He looked around trying to spot something good.

Kitty: She glanced over at him with a conspiratory look in her eye. "Can you keep a secret?"

Hector: "Most def." He looked back at her, wondering what was on her mind. "Why?"

Kitty: "You want to know what I would want to eat?" She looked around, like she was checking for hidden mics. "A bacon cheeseburger. Don't you dare tell my mother! She stroke out."

Hector: "Ha... Why's that.... Oh right... Bacon." He gave her a grin and a wink, "I wont tell if you don't."

Kitty: "Yup, bacon, ham. hotdogs. All contraband," she grinned. "There's a little mom and pop place that makes a fantastic burger though! J and I stumbled across it a couple of months ago. Want to give it a try?"

Hector: "Yeah, sure thing. Burgers 're good by me." He grinned, "Gonna turn you into a bad girl yet. Bacon today, tomorrow, sausage ." He smirked at his little joke and thought about what he wanted.