03/21 Instance: Lunch Time Pick-Me-Up

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Timeline current

Kitty: The little gray bunny nosed Kitty and snuggled closer, trying to comfort her. Kitty petted Lola half heartedly as she sat in her floor pretending that she was working on her Econ assignment. She'd been released from the med lab and saw enough of the chaos going on to know that Darren was still held prisoner by Danger. So, she'd retreated to her room till she knew a way to help.

J: J knocked softly on Kitty's door, not wanting to wake her incase she was still resting. He smoothed out the fabric on his sleeves, a nervous tick, he was worried about Kitty and the others that had gotten hurt the day before.

Kitty: "Who is it?" Kitty called quietly. She almost didn't answer, feeling very uncharacteristically morose and self pitying. Leaning her head back against the bed, she pulled her knees up to her chest and watched the door.

J: "Um... It's me. J... Was just checking up on you... I can come back later if you want." He offered.
Kitty: Her head perked up a little. "No J! It's fine, come on in, it's open..." Would be nice to see a friendly face. She should have know J would be by to check on her. She smiled a little.

J: He gave her a smile as he opened the door and poked through, "Sorry... I hope I'm not interrupting anything..." He closed the door behind him and waved to Lola as she hopped around the room.

Kitty: "Naw... just hanging out with Lola and kids." She tossed him a treat to offer the momma bunny. "So, what happened after I fell out?" Her cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

J: J knelt down to call Lola over, feeding her the treat when she came and scratching between her ears. "Actually not much... Just after you passed out we retreated... I had to get Jay to the med lab so hank could look at him and told them what happened." He caught her little flush.

Kitty: "Any more word on how Jay's doing? Or Darren?" She felt like she'd let two of her three best friends down yesterday and she didn't know how to make it better.

J: "Jay's healing factor kicked in and stopped him from getting too hurt. He was able to walk back to the med lab..." He made a little fib, but Jay had walked... "Darren is still in the DR... No word on what exactly has happened yet...." He picked up Lola and ran his hand along her back.

Kitty: "So Jay's ok at least?" She shook her head and drew her lips into a thin line for a moment. "Danger knew exactly what I was going to do. And she was ready for me." Kitty drug herself up and went to the nesting hutch. The four kits were now happy bouncy balls of fur. "Thanks for hauling me out of there, by the way. That tentacle monster thing was just a little too much."

J: "Hey... No problem... What friends are for right?" He gave her a smile, "You would have done the same for me." He thought about what she said before that. "Yes, he did, we will have to figure out a way around that next time..."

Kitty: "Yeah." She wasn't sure what she was agreeing with. "Let's face it J. My only ability is that I can phase. That's it. I can't fight, I can't fly, I can't even shoot lightening bolts or make tattoo artists think they ballerinas." She still chuckled at the memory of that. "I have one trick and Danger knows it." Her shoulders slumped again.

J: J got up and moved over next to her, letting Lola hop from his lap to her and back again. "Well then, we just have to figure out how to make it work anyway." He said hopefully. "That or we figure out a new trick for you." He gave her a little smile and rubbed on the bunny.

Kitty: Kitty couldn't help but smile back. "I hope so, because we have to find a way to stop that computer virus and get Darren back." She scritched Lola under the ears and sighed. "Guess I should learn how to defend myself at the very least."

J: "Yeah... But not really much you can do to defend against someone you are holding onto..." He shrugged. "But we will get him back and all fixed. I'm certain Selene will be leading the charge for it." He said encouragingly.

Kitty: "I know. But, when the monster with tentacles and the eyes and-" she shivered and hugged Lola close. "Woulda been nice if I'd had a better plan than 'phase and pass out.'"

J: "Well... We just have to remember that that stuff wasn't real... It's all just holograms in there..." He bit his lip and then put his arm around her shoulder. "But we will get him back. And we can work on your better plan too." He smiled.

Kitty: Kitty nodded laid her head on his shoulder. "It's just... I just feel so useless. Darren's always been such a good friend, like a big brother. And now that thing has him - not floors away from us and there's nothing I, I mean, we can do!" She put Lola in his lap and clenched her fists.

J: "I know. It's weird going up against something you can do nothing to... But we will find a way to get to him, and to fix him too." He held Lola and ran his hand across her soft fur.

Kitty: "I know we will." She whispered and relaxed her hands. "Soon I hope. I know Sel has to be out of her mind right now. I can't even imagine how she must be feeling." She sat back up and squeezed his hand. "You know, if I stay cooped up in here much longer, I'm going to have to go emo and paint my fingernails black or something," she tried to joke. "Want to go somewhere, maybe brainstorm?"

J: "Sounds good to me." He stood up holding Lola and held his hand out for her, "I don't think black is really your color though." He gave her an easy smile. "Maybe go and get some food? Need to get your blood sugar back up." He reasoned.

Kitty: "Oh, yeah. Guess I should get something to eat." It had been more than a day since she ate. "What - don't think I could pull off the Goth look?" she smirked at him, feeling a little better. Kitty grabbed his hand and pulled herself up.

J: "Yes, you should get something to eat. I didn’t see you at dinner... Or breakfast." Not that he'd been specifically looking for her, but her absence was noted. "And no... I never really saw you as the doom and gloom type, plus it's be hard for you to cut yourself without phasing through the blade..." He grinned and put Lola in her hutch.

Kitty: Kitty blanched at that thought. "No, never had any desire to mutilate myself. Now mutilating my sister? That's a whole other story," she smiled, grabbed her laptop and slipping it into her backpack. "We can maybe see if we can come up with any ideas while we're eating." She touched Lola on the nose through the pen wire and chuckled as the babies all bounced around her.

J: "Ha... So glad I am an only child sometimes." He grinned and headed for the door, holding it open for her. "That sounds great, what do you want for lunch? Your pick, my treat."

Kitty: "Oh? Your treat? Hmm..." She thought hard. "Where do they serve lobster," she teased, grabbing her car keys.

J: "Well... Me and mom used to go to Harry's... A steak house and oyster bar... but we didn't do too well at the last oyster bar... So.... How about Lou’s Lobster House? Was really good last time I went with mom and dad..." He closed the door behind them as they made it to the hallway.

Kitty: "Lou’s? That sounds fun," she nodded, not having heard of the place before. "Yeah... anyplace that advertises free ladies night or happy hour half-price oysters - I'm going to steer clear of from now on," she grimaced.

J: "Oh no, not this place... it's fancy. Great food, no cheap beer, no wings, and well lit." He grinned, "Don’t really want a repeat of the other night... Don’t think we should let Julie pick the place to eat anymore."

Kitty: "Yeah, poor thing... hope she's doing all right." Kitty hadn't seen Julie since they'd brought her home. She caught J's comment on the restaurant. "Fancy? Should I go and change. I mean -" she motioned to her jeans, sweater and sneakers.

J: "Me too, went to check on her, but she wasn't in her room, I'll have to try again later." He smiled and looked her over, "Um... Maybe?... Mom wore a dress... but it's only lunch time... so... Maybe?" He was never certain on proper attire for women.

Kitty: By this time they were nearly to the garage, so it was either go all the way and change or just hope the lunch crowd was tie and jacket optional. "Yeah... maybe." She unlocked her car. "Now I see why you always dress so nice. Never can tell when you are gonna get dragged out of your emo mood and get the urge to have lunch at a fancy-smancy restaurant."

J: "Pretty much." He grinned and climbed in, "Plus, you wouldn't believe the respect you get from random people around town if you are dressed nice and compose yourself well. I'm certain everyone I meet thinks I'm a young .com CEO or something."

Kitty: She finally laughed out loud. Kitty couldn't imagine J that way - but was probably because she knew him. "Well, hope you won't be looked down on too much if you’re seen 'slumming' with the likes of me," she grinned back and backed out of the garage.

J: "Oh don't worry. I'm a top order telepath. If anyone even thinks poorly of you I can make them perform swan lake as a floor show for lunch." He thought again, "Or I can just make sure they don't see you in street clothes." He shrugged his shoulders.

Kitty: "Awww, you'd have someone do a Swan Lake just for me?" she answered, speeding up as they left the school grounds. "But I may take you up on the clothes deal," she nudged him with her elbow. "You know my favorite color is pink right?"

J: "Of course." He smiled back at her and buckled his seat belt. J touched her elbow and set a small shock into her, "And there you go for directions. So much easier."

Kitty: She jumped a little, causing the car to swerve, "Stop that!" she swatted at him playfully. "You know it drives me crazy when you do that!" She turned right, following the directions in her mind.

J: "Sorry..." He grinned, "Just think it's funny when you jump like that." He watched as she took the turn like she was supposed to, "And see... It is much more reliable than vocal directions!"

Kitty: Kitty laughed, "You're a pain in the rear! You know that?" The mustang sped its way towards the restaurant. After a few minutes, they pulled up close to Lou’s. Oh... this place is fancy."

J: "Yeah, a bit. But I can handle it." He grinned and stepped out. "Hm... Pink dress... pink dress..." He ran through the dresses he could remember seeing and sent her a few choices.

http://www.zenhobo.com/wp-content/uploa ... -dress.jpg Or http://www.seductiveline.co.uk/images/LC2007pink_a.jpg Or http://site.flowergirlus.com/bridesmaiddress_706_L.jpg

Kitty: Kitty's hand automatically smacked J in the chest hard on that second mental image. "The first one." She covered her chest, and blushing madly. "And it had better be the first one everyone sees!"

J: J rubbed his chest laughing, "Alright! Was just giving you options..." He grinned and draped her in the illusion, anchoring it on her. "Shall we?" He held out his arm for her.

Kitty: Catching her reflection in the large glass front door as the valet took her keys, Kitty grinned. "Lets."
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

LOL at that second image
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

HA! They sell the second on in the shop where I work :cracked
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"