4/4 Instance: Homemade Ice Cream

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

4/4 Instance: Homemade Ice Cream

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline.

Christopher: Chris gathered all his materials. A little tupperware box, a couple bags, some vanilla, ice, rock salt, and milk. "Lets get this show on the road." He started measuring out all of his ingredients. This stuff is gonna taste good.

Hepzibah: Hepz waltzed into the kitchen. The plan was to grab a drink and take a smoke break on the patio. She hated English. A real, true, 'stab it to death' hate. "Oh hey biology tutor!" she smiled as she caught wind of Christopher. "Whatcha doing?"

Christopher: "Oh hey there Kitty girl. But then again neither of those are truely our names. Remember mine Hepzibah? I won't hold it against you if you don't." He poured the ice into the tupperware and then mixed all the other ingredients but the salt in a bag. "Oh and I'm making Ice Cream. Home Made Ice Cream the best kind."

Hepzibah: "Homemade ice cream? Really?" She knew you could make it at home, but had never actually seen it done. "Eh, with me everybody gets a nickname sooner or later if I like you well enough," she grinned. Pulling up a stool, Hepz perched ontop of it.

Christopher: "Yup it's pretty easy. Want me to show you how?" He sealed up the bag and sprinkled rock salt all over the ice and then stuck the bag in sealing the lid on. "Now all I gotta do is shake for ten minutes."

Hepzibah: "I'll time you?" Chris really seemed to think this was fun. Hepz wasn't entirely sure that shaking a plastic box for ten minutes was her idea of fun.

Christopher: "Sure you don't wanna make your own? Then we won't have to split the little i'm making. I've got plenty of ingrediants." He started shaking the tupperware. "I'll even shake it for you if you want. But you gotta make it."

Hepzibah: "Alright, but you are seriously cutting into my study time..." she chided mockingly. "I was just on my way to take a smoke break and right back to the books.. but since you insist..." she chuckled and hopped down. "Ok - what do I do?"

Christopher: He laughed while shaking the tupperware. "Riiiiight well this is healthier than a smoke break. Ok well first you take a bag and pour some milk into it." He kept shaking it a little bit harder here and there.

Hepzibah: "Oh... I'm still going to have my smoke break. I don't overcome my vices - I embrace and indulge them," she retorted, picking up the bag. "How much milk?"

Christopher: "Hehe It's all good I don't judge. About two cups, then you put two spoons of sugar and two capfulls of vanilla." He kept shaking until his ten minutes were up and then opened the container over the sink and poured the ice and rock salt out taking his bag and opening it. "Mmm love me some home made ice cream."

Hepzibah: Hepz eyeballed the ingrediants as best she could. Her life experience encompassed ALOT - but cooking was not one of them. She sealed up the back. "Ok... now what?"

Christopher: "Fill that tupperware about half full with Ice and sprinkle it with the rock salt. Then all you do is put the bag in seal it up and give it to me for ten minutes." He plopped his ice cream out into a bowl and started spooning it into his mouth. "Mmmm."

Hepzibah: "You gonna eat and shake at the same time?" she teased doing as instructed. A bird chirping outside caught her attention for a moment. Twitching her ear, she she refocused on the ice cream.

Christopher: "Yup I'm just that epic." He took the tupperware container and started shaking it with one hand while eating his ice cream with the other. "So how's class goin?"

Hepzibah: "Depends on which class. Biology - eh, s'alright. Math - rockin' the house. English - sucks ass. Ethics - don't even get me started." She leaned her elbows on the counter and waited. "How 'bout you?"

Christopher: "Well when i'm not sleepin in on accident, kinda broke my alarm, they're pretty good." He kept shaking while they were talking watching the clock so he knew when it was ready. "Uhmm how's life I guess. Sorry I'm horrible at making conversation."

Hepzibah: "Naw, you're fine. I'm not much for conversation either. But life is actually pretty freakin' sweet right now. Was my birthday on the 23rd," she grinned. "Best birthday ever."

Christopher: "Oh really I didn't know. You shoulda told me I woulda got you something." He finished shaking the tupperware and did the same as before serving it up for Hepzibah. "There you go, tell me what you think."

Hepzibah: Grabbing a spoon out the drawer, Hepz took a bit. "Mmmm - very good!" She perched back up on the stool with her bowl. "Don't worry about it. My b-day's not ever been a big deal. But Hec made it real special this year," she grinned taking another bite. "He knows how to treat a his woman right - if you know what I mean," she winked. Hepz didn't mention the incredibly thoughtful and loving gifts Hector had given her - knew it would piss him off if word got out. He had a 'rep' to protect.

Christopher: "Well glad you had a good one. If you still want a present from me feel free to drag me out somewhere sometime and I'll get you something." He hadn't caught her meaning or else he'd be completely red.

Hepzibah: "Eh, I already got everything I could want," she smiled. "I'm not one much to drag alot of stuff around with me. But thanks."

Christopher: "Hehe that's fine." He ate another spoon full of his Ice cream. "Best summer of my life was when I learned how to make this stuff."

Hepzibah: "When was that?" she asked taking another bite.

Christopher: "About five years ago. First time I ever went to summer camp with my troop. We learned all kinds of things. How to make fire with just wood and a piece of rope. How to make a shelter. Safe foods to eat outside. Basically how to survive. Then there were also tons of fun things we did, swimming, shooting shotgun's, bows, arrows. It was great!"

Hepzibah: "Sounds fun." Five years ago Hepz was broke, abandoned, homeless, and working as a circus freak. A few years sure could change things. Her smile wavered for a moment then returned. "You and Kyle would probably be fine if civilization fell. He pretty much grew up alone and on his own, living in the woods."

Christopher: "Yeah I didn't have to do that but I have had to do things close to it. There's an organization inside of Boy Scouts called Order of the Arrow. It's the honor group for scouts. I'm part of that, they base all their stuff off native americans, and a few different camp outs were basically get there and you're on your own, build a shelter, get your own food all that fun stuff."

Hepzibah: "Oh, not me. Like I told him. I am air conditioning and indoor toilets all the way!" she grinned, watching the icecream melt off the spoon. "Life is hard enough as it is without having to use a leaf for toilet paper."

Christopher: "Hehe yeah but when the zombie apocalypse finally comes me and Kyle will be livin well." Chris laughed a little.

Hepzibah: "If tree leaf toilet paper and cooking dead squirrel over a camp fire is 'living well' think I'll sign up for the zombie team," she teased back, finishing up her icecream. Patting her pockets, she came up with her cigarettes and lighter. "Want to join me?"

Christopher: "Eh sure. I can keep ya company. Don't want ya going out and gettin eaten by a zombie." He laughed a little and put his bowl in the sink and rinsed it off.

Hepzibah: It felt good outside, not too hot, not too cold. She put lit her cigarette and climbed up on the wall. Blowing smoke out, she closed her eyes and rolled her neck for a moment. "So you're all settled in now and everything right?"

Christopher: "Yeah been settled for a little while now. But, then again I don't think I'll ever get used to this place. Oh and a big plus I should be getting my corvette soon. My mom's about got dad to cave in sending it up."

Hepzibah: "Yeah, I probably need to see about getting some wheels too. Hec usually gives me a ride and I borrow Kyle's bike but would be nice not to have to bum rides..." she ashed off her cigarette and frowned for a moment. "Oh... and if it's all the same to you - don't tell Hec I was out here smoking."

Christopher: "Uhmm okay. Not that him and me talk much. But I won't say anything about it." He plopped down on the ground and leaned against the wall.

Hepzibah: "Appreciate it." She'd never cared much about lung cancer before hand - probably was immune thanks to her healing factor anyways. But... smoking and maybe pregnant... not cool. And she crushed out the remainder of her cig. "Yeah, I hear he gives you shit. But he's like that to everybody," she grinned a little.

Christopher: "Well glad to hear i'm not the only target." Not that he really cared, it was just a bit annoying.

Hepzibah: "Nope - not the only target. And he's a little protective of Kitty. Think most of the guys around here are. She definately puts out the 'little sister' vibe, you know?" She played with the ends of her long white hair to keep her hands occupied so she didn't reach for another cigarette.

Christopher: "Heh I just thought he put out the extremely cute girl vibe." He ran his fingers through hi hair. Chris was still trying to push past his whole little crush on her, he knew she didn't feel the same way.

Hepzibah: She laughed. "I don't swing that way, so I wouldn't know. But anyways," she hopped off the wall and stretched. "This place has no shortage of hot chicks - guys too for that matter," she grinned.

Christopher: "Well I have no idea about the guys part but I'll agree about the girls thing. Waaay too many of those floating around here." He rubbed his eyes a little.

Hepzibah: "Take my word for it then, I might be off the market, but this place is crawling with hotties." Her fangs peeked out a little as she waggled her eyebrows. ""Course, I got the hottest one though," she said smugly.

Christopher: "I think I'll just stick to looking at the girls. Guys well for lack of better words just don't apeal to me." He shuddered a little.

Hepzibah: "Yeah, I'm strictly hetero too," she agreed, grinning. Her mind was starting to drift to her homework again. She groan internally.

Christopher: "Well I think i'm gonna go have a little work out in the gym. Work off all them calories from that ice cream. Don't mind if I take off on ya do ya?" He pulled his feet back till he was in a crouching position then jumped up to a standing position.

Hepzibah: "No, I got to get back to my homework." The expression on her face indicated that she really didn't want to do it. "Thanks again. Ice cream was good." She patted her flat belly. She stopped for a moment. "Hey Chris - don't be too hard on Hec. He can be an ass sometimes, but that just how he was raised up."

Christopher: "Don't worry bout it, I just try to ignore him. I'm not very confrontational." He gave her a little wave and then turned to head towards the gym. "See you later Hepzibah."

Hepzibah: "Catch you around, boyscout." nodded, heading back inside, grudingly headed back towards her books.