04/09 Instance: "Ballers and High-Rollers"

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

[[Timeline: After "Let's Go Fly A Kite!"]]

Jules: Julie nearly screeched as she danced through the sliding doors of the mall. "Money,money,moooon-ay! MONAY!" She spun around to face the group. "Let's blow some money! Where do we wanna go guys, come on! What store first? What do we want to throw money at? I want to buy stuff until it solves our problems!"

Pietro: "I'm happy to go wherever anyone else wants to go," Pietro replied, looking at the others.

Alex: Alex followed Julie into the building, shaking his head as she chanted. Hopefully, spending it meant he didn't have to listen to that chant anymore. Glancing around, he gave a shrug, "Doesn't matter to me."

Kitty: "Well, the mall is certainly one of my places," Kitty grinned. "How about we go clothes shopping first..." She hoped it wasn't too big a hint.

Jules: "Clothes!" Julie danced. "Perfect! Okay, so Uncle Ringo's money can be spent on pretty sun dresses! And jewelery! That would be fantastic too!" She nearly ran off into the store but paced herself. "Okay... okay... no running super fast." She looked to Pietro. "Got it? We're gonna have a fun, easy day of shopping-" Her eyes caught something behind him.

Jules: "OhMyJeez-orange slippers!" She squeed and sprinted to them. "To Nordstrom!" she shouted.

Monet: "How quickly you leave off shoes, Rainbow Brite." She looked at her nails then around at the stores.

Pietro: "Hey I'm not the one who has issues forgetting not to run..." Pietro reminded her before she knocked him off out of the way.

Kitty: "Oh! They got their new shipments in!" Kitty said excitedly, coming up on Nordstrom's window display.

Alex: He cringed slightly. He wasn't quite sure how he'd convinced himself they wouldn't mention shoes and clothes. The only problem was that they had, and now he was probably going to have to suffer and be some sort of bag monkey.

Pietro: And they'd already lost Julie and Kitty to shoes. Today was going to be fun... Oh well it wasn't like he had better things to do.

Jules: The cash flew from her hands after she found her right size and within moments, she had a bag filled with shoe boxes. From slippers to day shoes, she had about 4 pairs in one large bag. "Ohmigosh, they got new perfumes!" She squeezed Kitty's elbow. "And the new Organic Store has
some cool facial cream!"

Monet: Monet nodded at a few of the sales associates who called her by name and casually strolled to the display of Prada shoes. She arched an eyebrow for a moment as she looked them over then moved on to the D&G display.

Alex: Alex glanced over at Pietro as he followed the girls in to the store, giving a slight grin, "What have we gotten ourselves into?"

Pietro: "Why do you think they invite guys onto shopping trips? They don't care where we want to go - we're only here to fetch and carry and occasionally spend money." Pietro replied, returning the grin.

Jules: "Kitty!" Julie froze and grabbed a leather jacket off the rack. A men's jacket that had an orange strip on the back reaching across the shoulders and down the lengh of the arm sleeves. "Which one would J like? There's blue, green, and orange!"

Kitty: Kitty hadn't found anything she liked quite well enough to lay down the cash for them. But she nodded to Julie. "We definately have to stop by Abercrombie. Jill said she would hold the next spring shipment - J?" She broke out laughing. "He wouldn't wear any of those I don't think..."

Jules: "Well... fuck. Hector then. Or maybe Toph... who cares, I'm getting it for a dude, and whoever wants it can get it." She bought three.

Monet: Monet glanced across the aisle and moved to Julie, "J? J would like anything anyone bought for him because they were thinking of him. He's like a puppy. And you're yelling." She glanced at Kitty, "He would if you gave him some big eyes and a pretty pout. He's easy," she smirked.

Kitty: "Maybe," Kitty shrugged at Monet. "He'd be gracious at the very least." She turned back to Jules. "Jules... maybe you should slow down on the money flow a little."

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow, "No, let her learn monetary responsibility the hard way. Some people need that."

Jules: "Psh!" Julie looked to Alex and shook a bag. "Help a girl out?" She asked. "We gotta get some video games! My DSiXL is getting booorriing!"

Alex: He snickered at Pietro's reply and raised an eyebrow at Julie but took the bag anyway, "I think I could deal with shopping for video games."

Jules: "Good!" She lead the way to GameStop.

Kitty: "But -" Kitty watched Jules skipped down the mall. "ooookay...." She hadn't even had time to look at one store before pushing on the the next.

Pietro: "Don't worry, Kitty, I'm sure we'll come back this way..." Pietro assurred her as he passed her.

Kitty: "Thanks," she nodded, putting the shirt she was looking at back on the rack as she fell in line in this crazy little parade.

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow as they left and made her way back to the shoes. She made a few selections and then made her way to the jewelry counter. After not finding anything to her taste, she went upstairs to the women's clothing department. She could stop by a specialty jeweler on her way to meet up with them.

Jules: "Zelda, Mario, or Donkey Kong?" Julie aske das they entered the arch of the Video Game store. "Or Sonic?"

Pietro: Pietro stayed quiet, he wasn't the person to ask.

Alex: Alex listened to her rattle off games and gave a shrug, "All of them?"

Jules: She spun to Alex and pointed to him. "I like your style! I'll get Donkey Kong aaand Zelda! You get the other two! That work?"

Kitty: "I've been so busy with school, I haven't even touched my player in months," Kitty grimaced. She looked around, eyeing the new games.

Alex: "Sounds good," he smiled and grabbed the games, looking around at a few others.

Jules: Jules took Metroid Prime: Project Ridley, off the shelf and handed it to Kitty.

Kitty: "Uh..." she turned the game over in her hands. "Am I buying this one??" She'd never been on a shopping trip quite like this. Was this how J and Chris felt when they tagged along with her??

Pietro: Pietro looked around the store, buying a game or two probably would help with the boredom but he had no idea where to start.

Jules: Jules took her games to the counter, purchased them and shook her bag triumphantly. "So where to next!?"

Kitty: "I still want to stop by Ambercrombie..." Kitty offered, putting the game back on the counter. Sadly, she didn't have time to play the games she already had.

Jules: "Deal! And then the Apple store! I want the new version of the iPad!"

Alex: He paid for the games before following them out of the store. More clothes... Woo.

Kitty: The sales girls knew Kitty by name as she entered the store. Jill was at work and pulled the pretty flowered skirt from behind the counter. Kitty held it to her waist. "Fantastic! Thanks! And just my size." She put it over her arm and browsed for a matching top.

Jules: "Hi!" She said to the sales girl. The girl nodded and Julie felt disappointed that the girl did not know her name. "Oh well!" She reached for a nice spring jacket and tried it on. "I think it fits..."

Monet: Monet made some purchases and slipped out her phone to text Jason and tell him that he had a couple of things to try on for her later. She found a teenage boy and paid him to follow her and carry her items as she made her way to the jewelry store.

Pietro: Pietro followed the girls into the store and tried to keep an eye on Julie.

Monet: Monet browsed some of the items, picking out a pair of earrings and a new bracelet for herself and then smirking as she paused at another display. She had the sales associate pull out the tie clip for closer inspection and she nodded that she would take it. it matched Pietro's cuff links. And would look handsome on J.

Kitty: Kitty saw the expression on Jules' face and nudged her a little. "They only know me because I'm always in here," she grinned. "I found out back home, it pays to make friends who work at the stores you like to shop in," she whispered with a conspiratory wink.

Jules: "Oooh!" Julie nodded with understanding. "So I should go make friends with the Apple store nerds? I guess I can lay a couple of 'em."

Kitty: "I never got that friendly with any of the sales people." Kitty blushed and plucked a shirt off the clearance rack. "Perfect!"

Pietro: Pietro looked at Alex, "They could be in here for a while...."

Alex: "Yep," Alex nodded, taking a look around the store.

Monet: Monet paid for the selections and handed the bag to the boy, having him follow her as she followed the mental signatures of the group she had come with. Abercrombie? Really? She rolled her eyes and entered the store. "Bonjour."

Kitty: Kitty stepped into the changing stalls and changed. "What do you think?" she asked Jules, stepping back out and turning around. Was kind of nice have another girl's opinion for a change.

Alex: "Hey, Monet," he gave a slight grin and glanced around the store again. He needed to suggest a sports store soon.

Pietro: Pietro turned to look at Monet, "Oh hi, find something nice?" he kept Julie in his line of sight however.

Jules: "Nice!" Julie said, clapping. "I wonder... think we can find a nice yellow summer dress here for me?"

Monet: "Of course." She waved a hand at the boy who had obidiently followed her and was standing still behind her, holding all of her purchases.

Pietro: Pietro raised an eyebrow, "Shopping and a slave, I'm impressed."

Alex: Alex eyed the guy, feeling a bit bad for him, "You want me to take those from him?"

Kitty: Kitty scanned the store. "Over there!" She spotted the airy, spring sundresses. "Just let me change and I'll be right back." She vanished back into the stall.

Monet: "As you always should be by me." She arched an eyebrow at Alex and smirked, "i'm paying him to do that. You may do something else for me later if you want."

Pietro: Pietro shook his head and turned back to keeping an eye on Julie. She needed to be watched at all times.

Jules: She rushed over to the dresses and began to ransack the rack. "Wow! Such great colors!"

Alex: "Like, wha-" he started to ask, blinking as it clicked in his mind, "Oh..." Alex could feel his face changing colors.

Monet: Monet's grin grew a little wicked as his face started turning red. She stepped closer to him and ran her fingers around the curve of his ear as she looked at his eyes, "Mmm. A smart one." She turned away and looked around for the girls, "Tell me that Julie is going to over draw her account. That would make my day."

Kitty: Phasing out of the clothes she was trying on, Kitty pulled her jeans and top back on and met back up with Jules. "Yeah, I think the spring collection is always my favorite." Her hands deftly went through the multi chromonic selection.

Jules: "Oh! This one has a silver sash!" She held it up and oohed as well as aaahed.

Alex: Alex glanced down at the floor, attempting to control the color his face was turning as he replied, "Doubtful since it's cash."

Jules: Julie was about to comment on another dress when she froze and realized she had not heard her phone all day. "Hold on..." She reached for her pockets and then inside her purse. "Did.... did anyone see my cell?" She looked around for it, but there was no sign.

Pietro: Pietro frowned at Monet's comment. He liked Julie. She scared him sometimes but her heart was in the right place.

Kitty: "No..." Kitty looked around like that would help. "Maybe you left it at school?"

Jules: "Nooo... the last time I saw it was at the mead-oooh....uh..." She looked to Alex. "Did I ever put my purse back in the truck?" She felt around in her pockets again to double check. "Ohshit."

Monet: "And just how did she get ahold of that much cash?" Monet arched an eyebrow at Alex then turned back to Julie, "Have someone call it."

Kitty: "What?" Kitty felt like there was something really important Julie wasn't telling them.

Alex: He knew the last time she'd used it was when they'd found the money. She'd called her brother. "I thought you did..." he answered Julie, then Monet, "Inheritance."

Jules: "Alex... can you call my cell?" She bit her lip and batted her eyes.

Monet: "inheritance in cash? Who's idiotic enough to do that?"

Alex: Rolling his eyes at the look, Alex pulled his phone out and scrolled through the contacts, selecting Julie's number. He hit the call button and listened to it ring, "Well, it's on wherever it is..."

Alex: "And, her great uncle or something, I guess," he shrugged, still listening to it ring.

Monet: "Well i guess she had to get it from somewhere," she left it open for interpretation as to whether she meant the money or her lack of intelligence.

Jules: The phone rang and rang, and then it finally picked up. A deep voice spoke into the mouth piece. "Where is my money, Alex?"

Alex: "Uh... what?" he said into the phone after blinking at the voice on the other end for a few seconds.

Jules: "Two days, Alex." The voice said calmly and then hung up.

Pietro: Pietro looked between Alex and Julie, slightly confused.

Alex: Alex shot Julie a look, then pulled the phone away from his face to check and make sure he'd had the right number. It was right... but he had no idea who the guy was. He stuffed his phone back into his pocket, trying to decide the best way to play this off. He'd have to tell Julie later that some psycho had her phone...

Kitty: "Guys... what's going on?" She looked between Alex and Julie. Definately something going on...

Monet: Monet had purposefully started ignoring the group when she heard the voice from the ear piece of Alex's phone. She didn't want any part of what was going on and for once wished she were able to pretend to be half as innocent as Kitty.

Jules: Julie didn't speak and looked to her bags. "Let's go home!" She shouted suddenly. "Yeah, that makes the most sense! Let's go back to the big, safe, high-security, mansion that is has super-powered students in it! Best decision ever!" She slapped Alex in the shoulder. "Right, buddy?
Friend? Partner in crime!"

Pietro: Pietro raised an eyebrow. Yeah, that wasn't suspicious at all.

Alex: "I guess the number in my phone just isn't right," he gave a shrug and shot Julie another look, inwardly cringing at partner in crime, "We can go look for your phone later."

Jules: "That sounds like a great idea. Probably the last place I had it. Right?"

Monet: Monet's head snapped to Julie with a glare and she quickly made her way to her and whispered harshly in her ear, "i swear to whatever God is listening that if you don't stop yelling about the school like that i will snap your spine in three places before you can even think about making a rainbow to jet on."

Alex: He had a feeling that the fact that he was managing to remain calm wouldn't balance out Julie flipping over the whole thing. Not that he could really blame her. He probably would be freaking out as well, if they weren't in public. "Yeah, right," Alex nodded.

Kitty: "You know what? I'm just going to go over and pay for these and then..." she rolled her eyes at Monet slightly and stepped over to the counter. She couldn't really see the fauclty going for that and they had enemies enough outside the school as it was without attacking each other.

Pietro: Pietro gave Monet's bag-carrier a tight smile.

Jules: Julie wanted to cry, she felt her eyes welling up. "Yeah... I know, I'm sorry Monet... I just.... it's..... stress, y'know? I'm sorry, I won't do it again."

Monet: Monet glared for a moment longer before stepping away and having the boy give her purchases to Alex. She paid him more to keep his mouth shut and sent him on his way.

Pietro: Pietro went over to Julie and put a hand on her shoulder, he felt bad for her.

Alex: He sorted out the bags that were shoved onto him, keeping his and Julie's on one arm and all of Monet's on the other so they wouldn't be confused, "So, are we done shopping, or does anyone wanna get something to eat? I can pay."

Jules: "Let's just go." Julie said, looking at her bags. ".... I want to go home and enjoy this stuff."

Kitty: Kitty caught back up to the group, "I guess I need to get back too. Lola will be eating through her hutch by now." Her bag hung in her hands, swinging slightly.

Pietro: Pietro looked at Alex with all the bags, "Do you want a hand?"

Alex: "Yeah, thanks," Alex tried to give a grin as he managed to hand off a couple of the bags.

Pietro: Pietro took the bags, "You're welcome." he gave Alex a smile, "Didn't I tell you this is what we were here for?"
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

Post by stjohn »

Lol, great instance guys! Looked like alot of fun! And both my boys got mentioned, always a plus! :)
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn