4/13 Instance: To the Rescue

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

4/13 Instance: To the Rescue

Post by Starfish »

timeline: after With Great Interest From Kingpin

Alex: Alex slumped down even more with a grimace as he waited for Neena. He'd scrolled through his contacts a few times before deciding she was probably the best, though he'd been a bit reluctant since she did have her baby and there was all the stuff with Ben.

Neena: Neena searched the side of the road for Alex, wondering at the tone of his voice as they had spoken over the phone. She hoped he was alright, and sighed with relief when she spotted him.

Neena: She pulled over and shut off the motor before getting out of the car. "Are you ok?"

Alex: He heard the car door and looked up, forcing a grin as he used the side of the truck to pull himself to his feet, "I've been better."

Neena: "You look like you got run over by a truck," she peered at him, looking for injuries. "How's your vision?"

Alex: "Or got slammed into a tree and smacked upside the head?" Alex blinked and shook his head, "There's still two of you."

Neena: "Oh dear," she sighed and touched his head gently, feeling for any lumps. Sure enough, there it was, swelling in the back of his head. "We need to get you home," she helped him into the truck and made sure his seatbelt was on before getting in on the other side.

Neena: "So what happened to you?" she asked.

Alex: "Thanks for coming to get me," he carefully leaned back into the seat. It was way more comfortable than the ground. Alex closed his eyes and sighed at the question, "Some truck ran me off the road, hit the trees..." Got attacked, lost Julie, failed miserably at stopping the guys...

Neena: "Hey now, that's not allowed," Neena poked his arm. "Keep your eyes open so I know you're awake. It's not a problem, Toni's taking a nap, and you know there's no shortage of hands willing to help. How did you manage to hit the back of your head though? It's an awkward place to get hit considering only the front of your clothes are dirty."

Alex: Alex gave a groan of protest but opened his eyes, "Some guy dragged me out of the truck and hit me."

Neena: Her eyebrow rose. "Did you get a look at his face?"

Alex: "Well... no. It was kind of difficult with my head covered..." he stared down at the floor, frowning. He was going to have to spill about the part with Julie soon.

Neena: "You're head was covered? Alright, spit it out mister," Neena poked him again. "This is too weird. People don't throw bags over your head and knock you senseless for no reason. And where is this bag anyway?"

Alex: He squirmed to get away from being poked, "On the ground somewhere? I was more worried about trying to stop them from taking Julie, which I failed miserably at." There. He'd spit it out, and now he felt even worse about the whole thing.

Neena: "Julie? What does Julie have to do with..." she paused. "Those guys weren't after you, then? They were after Julie?"

Alex: Alex just shrugged, then winced, "Julie didn't try to hit them with energy blasts, so I guess she was the better choice..."

Neena: "Oh my god," Neena took in a sharp breath. "We need to do something! We can't just let Julie be kidnapped like that! Do you have any idea who the people were? Did they give any clues why they took Julie?"

Cellphone: The ringtone was annoying, as usual. Ring backs were always annoying. "I hate dealing with children." He waited for Alex.... waited for him to realize that Julie's phone was calling him again. Reaching out with his free hand, he pulled on Julie's hair to make her scream through the duct tape. "Stay awake!" he roared.

Alex: He blinked at the sound of his phone and fished it out of his pocket, squinting to make out who was calling. Julie. Answering it, he brought the phone to his ear and glanced over at Neena, "Hello..."

Cellphone: "We have her. She's not happy. Here, listen." He yanked the duct tape off of her mouth and pulled her hair back again. "Gaaaah! What the hell!" He smiled and spoke gently into the phone. "I will send you a body part on each Friday that my money is not brought back to me." He slipped his hand into his jacket pocket and pulled out a large knife. Julie started to shriek. "I can start now, if you'd like."

Alex: His jaw dropped a bit at the threat, the groggy feeling he'd been experiencing gone for the moment. Alex shot another look to Neena, fairly sure she could probably here Julie screaming. Once he managed to form words, he protested, "No, no... I'll get the money..." He wasn't sure how, but he would before Julie lost a finger or something...

Neena: Neena tightened her grip on the wheel when she heard Julie scream. She didn't know what was going on, but she'd be damned if she just stood by while something happened to Julie right under her nose.

Cellphone: "Good." The voice said. "My man will be waiting for your call. Just call Julie whenever you get your money. Don't worry, your little friend will be fine until then, provided she learns to shut her mouth of course." His eyes looked to Bullseye. "Otherwise my associate may have to pull her insides out the way you pull ribbon from a poor mix tape." He coughed a chuckle while Julie screeched in fear.

Alex: "O-okay... I-I'll let you know when I have the money..." he stammered, his face paling slightly at the idea of insides being compared to ribbon from a tape. This was all his fault. He should've fought harder. "Uh, how much...?"

Cellphone: "I will be expecting interest. Of the 500,000.00 dollars that you stole from me, only 189,000.00 came back. This means I want 311,100.00 plust another $400 as a fine for making me even have to go through all of this. There is a penalty fee of $100 for each Friday you do not bring it back to me. As you can see, my business is expensive, as is my time, and you have wasted both."

neena: "How much?" Neena whispered, watching Alex intently.

Alex: He covered the mouthpiece of the phone to answer, "311,500,000... Plus, a hundred for each Friday he doesn't have it..." Moving his finger, he went back to the phone conversation after taking a small breath, "And, uh, after it's paid, you'll, um, give me Julie back?"

Cellphone: "She will show up." He agreed. "Are we clear? I would normally require you to shake on it but naturally a phone conversation does not allow this. Are we clear on the terms?"

neena: "Don't let him trick you into anything," Neena hissed. "You make sure he tells you she won't be harmed in any way. Say it!"

Alex: "She'll show up alive," Alex stated, attempting to sound confident, then looked to Neena. Clear as mud. He decided not to voice that thought and went with, "Yeah, I got it."

Cellphone: "She'll show up in the condition she was gathered in, provided you don't waste any time in bringing me my money. You call when you have it, my man will give you a drop-off point." He sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "I really want to stress the ignorance you two have displayed thus far, be sure not to repeat it and show up with any kind of authority. You will not like the result."

Cellphone: "Good-Bye, Alexander." He hung up.

neena: "Are you going to explain to me what the hell is going on now?" Neena said simply after Alex put away his phone.

Alex: He flipped the phone shut, stuffed it back in his pocket, and slumped back into the seat with a sigh. "Julie and I found a briefcase full of money. The guy wants anyway we paid spent plus a fee for wasting his time, so he took Julie. I'm supposed to call when I've gathered the money for a drop-off point."

neena: "Who is this 'guy'," she asked. "And who told you to spend money that wasn't yours?"

Alex: "I don't know. He said not to bring the cops or anything, so I'm guessing some criminal." Alex shrugged, "Julie wanted to go shopping, so I went?"

neena: "That girl-" Neena clenched her jaw. "And you couldn't have possibly suggested turning in the money, right?" she rolled her eyes. "I can't believe this."

Alex: "I didn't think about that. Obviously." He shifted to stare out the window, "It's not exactly what I had in mind either."

neena: "What do we do now? Obviously we can't give them the money, it's absurd. And you know these men never hold their word anyway."

Alex: "He threatened to mail me a body part of Julie's each week he didn't get the money. I don't think there's much of a choice."

neena: "If we give them the money do you honestly think they'll give her back? No, we need to come up with something else. We need to let everyone know what's going on."

Alex: "I guess everyone else isn't the cops, so that could work." He chewed on his lip as he thought, "Tell everyone, call for the drop-off point, get Julie, and run?"

neena: "Sounds like as good a plan as any," Neena shrugged. "I don't expect that just the two of us can save her."

Alex: Alex gave a slight grin, "I suppose that would depend on how good your luck is."
neena: "True," she smirked. "Though it's been a while since I did anything like that, at least that's what it feels like. I might be a little rusty."

Alex: "I'd say we're safer getting everyone else. I wouldn't want anything happening to you, like it did to Julie, especially since you have Toni..."

neena: "I can take care of myself," Neena assured him. "I have enough sense not to do something stupid. It would be safer, you're right, and that's what we'll do. Let's just hope they keep Julie in one piece until we get to her."
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen