6/15 Instance: The Odd Couple

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current

Jules: Julie swung the door open and pointed to Kitty. "Room mate!" She shouted.

Kitty: Oh Vey... Kitty made a smile and wondered what she had done to deserve this. "Hi Julie," she nodded, putting away the last of her clothes and opening a box of photos and mementos.

Jules: Julie dropped both of her boxes on the floor, the bottom one making a bit of a *crunch* sound. "Huh, wonder what was in there?" She asked aloud. "Oh, by the way, now that we're roomies, you can totes borrow my clothes in any emergency, clothing-type scenario. And, F-Y-I, sunglasses are not included in that offer."

Kitty: She tried to imagine herself in Julie's outfits and the thought made her dizzy. "I...um... thanks, I'll keep that in mind." She put a photo of her summer vacation to Disney World on her nightstand. Her, her parents, her little sister and J standing outside the Magic Kingdom, her dad in the same Goofy hat he always wore. "I hope you don't mind. I took this bed. We can switch if you want..."

Jules: "Not at all! I tend not to use the bed!" She patted it. "'Cept for maybe Alex?" She looked to Kitty and bit her lip. "Oh yeah! BIG NEWS!" She did a little 'squee-dance'.

Kitty: Kitty made herself not ask the obvious question - where did she sleep in not in a bed; she had a feeling she didn't want to know. "Big news?" she asked instead, plugging up her laptop recharger into the wall. "What big news?"

Jules: Julie held a breath and looked around suspiciously, as if someone were wire-tapping their walls or recording their conversation. When she was sure no one was listening she exploded. "I'm went on a date with Alex! He's so handsome! And cute!"

Kitty: "Really?!" Kitty started, surprised. Well, in all honesty they did spend a lot of time together. "He is cute," she agreed, nodding her head with a smile. "So, where did you go?"

Jules: "I dunno, pizza or something. I didn't really eat much." Lie. "I actually just sort of was impressed I was on a date and not just sleeping with a guy. We decided we're gonna do the 'take-it-slow' deal." She snorted. "We'll see how long that works, right?"

Kitty: Kitty laughed back, not quite sure what to say. "Well, slow and steady wins the race right?" She wasn't even sure that made sense in this conversation, but somehow doubted Julies would even notice. "Jay said he was going to take me to New Orleans since I missed Mardi Gras," she grinned.

Jules: "New Orleans! Sounds fun! Flash alotta guys, yeah?" She mockingly did so to Kitty. "Whoo!!! Check out ma tittehs!" She snorted. "Yeah, well, anyways! I just thought you should know, I have not opened any of these boxes since I got here."

Jules: She opened the first one and pulled out a pillow which was stuffed with clean clothing. "Underwear... nice... Bras.... Need those...." She dumped the rest onto the bed. "Yeahuh... okay. I'll have to get the other bags out of the hall later, I guess. Second box is just bongs I think. Maybe a vase."

Kitty: "Uh..." Kitty shook her head. "No, I'm not really into the 'flashing the whole world to get beads' thing. But I missed Mardi Gras, so Jay offered to take me down there someday since he used to live there and everything." She caught the last statement. "Bongs??"

Jules: "Yeah! Some really cool ones too, nice art pieces! I don’t' use 'em, can't really. It's a school. But they're not illegal to own by any means!" She began to unload them. They were wonderfully crafted, each one uniquely designed. "The deal though is that I can't smoke with 'em at all! No resign or anything! Probation, y'know?" She looked to Kitty with a wink. "Kidding! I didn’t get arrested! Yet!"

Kitty: Kitty didn't know what else to do, so she just shook her head again. "I bet you and Hector get along great," she laughed.

Jules: "Oh yeah!" She said, happily. "Oh! One more thing, as a roomie I need to warn you. The rainbow? Yeah you can't walk through it. Sorry. If it's there, give it a sec to dissipate, it will. I assure you. Also, I sleep walk sometimes. Not sure what I do, haven't thought to record myself yet, but I sleep so little that when I do, I tend to still be active."

Kitty: "Well, I phase... so no problem?" she said uncertainly trying to think of anything she needed to tell her. "If I catch you sleep walking, want me to wake you up?" Just then Lola came loping out from under the bed. "Oh!" Kitty exclaimed, picking the rabbit up. "This is Lola, don't worry - she's house broken and every thing. There is also Little Bit, but Adam's keeping him right now."

Jules: "No! Don't wake me! I'll like, punch you or something!" She looked at the rabbit and frowned. She lowered herself to its eyelevel and gave it a stern scowl. "You and me.... we're good for as long as you don't chew my sandals... but if you do... so help me it will be wabbit season."

Kitty: Kitty gave Julie an alarmed look. Lola just twitched her nose, seemingly entirely unconcerned. "She's fine. Even Ronnie didn't mind her and Ronnie hates pets," she said helpfully and hopefully.

Jules: "Yeah, it's alright. I got something small too." Julie went out to the hall and picked up her new pet. "I caught it at the pet-store and they told me I could keep it for rounding him up s'long as I bought the glass case, the sand, so on and so forth." She held a Plexiglas box and inside, a mini desert, complete with rock and log.

Jules: "I gotta remember to keep the hot lamp on though, poor guy probably gets cold in this climate." She got the light out and adjusted the clip onto the grated top of the cage and plugged it in. "There! Sunlight!"

Kitty: "What is it?" Kitty asked looking in the aquarium filled with sand. She held Lola closer, fearful it was something that might bite.

Jules: Julie smiled and picked up the rock. A tiny, purple, gecko scurried out from its hiding place and up the glass wall, clinging to it with expert grip. "Its name is Barney! 'Cause it's a Purple Dinosaur!"

Kitty: Kitty tilted her head and watched it. At least it's not a spider or a snake or something... It was actually kind of cute - in a purple, scaly kind of way. "Barney, eh? Well, Barney - meet Lola. Lola... Barney." Lola twitched and ear and the nosed Kitty for treats.

Jules: "Barney's sort of fidgety. Only had him for a day really. Gonna give 'im some crickets every couple of days and he'll be good. If you hear a 'gleek gleek' type sound at night? That's Barney."

Kitty: "I'll keep that in mind..." Kitty chuckled. "Gleek gleek is fine. I hear anything else and I'm grabbing the Raid," she joked setting Lola on her bed and giving her a treat.

Jules: "And if that thing," She pointed to the rabbit "eats one of my sandals? We're gonna have a 'Fatal Attraction' moment!"

Kitty: "How about I just buy you a new pair of sandals before we resort to boiling my bunny??" Kitty asked with her eyebrows raised almost to her hairline.

Jules: "Sure!" Julie said with a giggle. "Okay, so yeah, agreed! Alright, I'ma go buy some crickets, you wanna come?"

Kitty: She shook her head. "You know, as tempting as that sounds I think I'm just going to stay here and finish unpacking."

Jules: "Okay!" She ran over and hugged Kitty. "Thanks for being m'new room mate!" She zipped off, rainbow following her out the door. "Taah!" she called.

Kitty: Kitty smiled and watched her go. After a moment, she turned her eyes towards the heavenward and frowned. "What did I ever do to you?!"
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

Post by stjohn »

lol, Kitty... You're Jewish... Does He need another excuse? ;) (Joke... Totally... No need for religious arguments. ;) )
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn