7/5 Instance: Proxy Apology

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

7/5 Instance: Proxy Apology

Post by Slarti »

Timelined – current

Alex: Alex made his way to Julie and Kitty's room, anxiously chewing on his lip as he reached up to knock on the door. He wasn't quite sure how Julie had convinced him to do this, but then again... how did she convince him to do anything?

Kitty: The knock at the door made Kitty look up. She'd just finished her Trigonometry and opened her Second year Physics book. Grateful for the distraction, she got up and stretched. Lola twitched her ears from her spot on the bed. "Well... Can't be Julie - whoever it is knocked," she commented to the rabbit. "Come in!"

Alex: He hesitantly opened the door and stepped in. Kitty was nice. She wasn't going to kill him for Julie's mistake... Hopefully. Alex shot her a grin and gave a short wave after closing the door behind him, "Um, hey."

Kitty: "Oh! Alex..." She cleared her throat, knowing he had to hear the absence of chirping crickets. "Hi..."

Alex: Alex rubbed at the back of his neck. It was probably better to just get it out, "I, uh, wanted to apologize for the crickets, so, um, sorry..."

Kitty: Kitty blinked at him. "You turned them loose in here?" She stared at him disbelievingly.

Alex: "No, no..." he shook his head, "I'm apologizing on Julie's behalf... I suppose that would've been the better thing to say..."

Kitty: Ok, that made more sense. Kitty started to make a retort that would have meant more coming from Julie herself, but stopped herself. At that moment, Julie was not someone Kitty wanted to see. She looked over at the bongs her room mate had in a box in the corner and rolled her eyes. "Oh... she talked you into apologizing for her?"

Alex: "Yeah," Alex nodded and moved to take a seat on the other bed, "I'm not sure how, but she did."

Kitty: "Well, she is your girlfriend. So I think I can take an educated guess," she teased a little sitting indian style on her bed. Lola loped over and sniffed about for a treat. "I appreciate it. But I'm guessing you can tell that there isn't a 'cricket infestation' problem anymore."

Alex: His face was tinted pink as he got what she was implying, "I haven't... Well, I mean we... y'know..."

Alex: Alex shifted uncomfortably and jumped on the subject change, nodding, "Yeah, I can't really hear them. It was Julie's bright idea to leave the lizard out to get them, and I wanted to wait for you... I got dragged away though..."

Kitty: "They're all gone," Kitty nodded. "Darren came up with these way cool mechanical frogs..." She whistled and ten bubo frogs of different colors hopped out from under her bed. "They gathered up the crickets and they we fed them to Loc - Barney." She frowned. "Yeah, the poor little thing was wrapped around the hot water pipe in the bathroom trying to stay warm..."

Kitty: She sighed at mention that Alex was dragged away rather than waiting for her to get there. "That sounds like Julie. I don't think she's much for taking responsibility for her actions..."

Alex: "Those are pretty awesome," Alex grinned at the different frogs, but his expression fell as little at the mention of the lizard. He got up to check on the thing, glancing over his shoulder at her, "Yeah, me neither."

Kitty: "I think he's fine now." Kitty got up and followed him to Barney's aquarium. The lizard was warming itself on the heat rock. Clearing her throat, she scratched at her ponytail. "Um... I know she's your girlfriend and all. But I have to tell you... I'm looking forward to the end of this semester."

Kitty: New semester meant a new room mate. "I mean, it's not like the world is going to end because a few dozen crickets got turned loose in the room. But... it's just... I don't know..." she tried to put into words. "She could have at least told me..."

Alex: He nodded and smiled, glad the small reptile was okay as he studied him, "She's... a lot to handle, so I can understand that. I tried to convince her to tell you in a way other than the note... It just didn't work... or I didn't try hard enough..."

Kitty: "I don't think it humanly possible to convince Julie to do something she doesn't want to do. And only mutantly possible if you were a telepath." She smiled and nudged Alex. "But I believe you tried."

Alex: Alex laughed and gave a small shove back, "It's highly unlikely, but possible. You just have to nag... a lot and often..."

Kitty: "I'm Jewish. We invented nagging - just talk to my mother for ten minutes," she laughed back and left the little purple lizard to its napping. "So... are you going to tell Julie the room is all clear?" There was a little dread in her voice.

Alex: He caught the tone and chewed on his lip, debating. Eventually, he gave a slight shrug, "Um... Do you, like, want me to?"

Kitty: "Maybe not yet," she bit her own lip in response. "It's been nice a quiet here for the past few days... and I know she's got to be pretty happy where she's at." Kitty blushed a little. Alex was really, really cute.

Alex: "We'll see?" Alex offered, giving a slight grin, "I happen to like nice and quiet, so I guess it depends on when I can't take anymore..."

Kitty: Kitty laughed. "Ok, we'll trade off. How's that?" She put Lola down on the floor and whistled to deactivate the mechanical frogs. She didn't completely trust them not to see Lola's fluffy bunny tail as a target.

Alex: He nodded, watching the rabbit hop around, "I think I can manage that, and I can try to look after the lizard from now on too."

Kitty: "Oh, he's not really all that much trouble. Just eats and sleeps mostly," Kitty grinned. "But, feel free to drop by whenever. Helps to have an excuse to take a break from studying."

Alex: "Well, I figured I'd be less likely to drop a container of crickets, but I guess it gives you a reason to use those frogs," Alex returned the grin. "I'll probably be around at some point, though it may not be by choice."

Kitty: "Aren't they awesome?" Kitty laughed as they hopped back to the resting spot under her bed. She frowned a little. "Why wouldn't it be by choice?"

Alex: "They are so cool," he smiled. Alex tried to think about how to answer the second question without sounding like a horrible boyfriend, "Well... Did I mention that I'm usually dragged around by Julie?"

Alex: That probably sounded worse than it should've, but that was probably one of the best answers he could come up with...

Kitty: Kitty tried to think of how to answer that diplomatically. It was no secret that Julie wasn't her favorite person right now; she owed a stiff neck and sore back to Julie's shenanigans. "It wouldn't surprise me. She doesn't usually stop to ask what anyone else wants before she just plunges ahead with it and drags everyone else along for the ride."

Alex: "Yeah, I've noticed," Alex nodded, then paused. He thought over what he'd just said and added, "That's probably sounds bad coming from me."

Kitty: "Well, what I said probably sounds bad coming from her room mate. But it doesn't make it any less true." She said irritably. "I mean, she's really friendly and I think she'd do anything in the world for you... but she'd drive you completely insane in the process."

Alex: "That pretty much describes her," Alex agreed.

Kitty: "Yeah," Kitty forced her frown away and smiled. "Well... crickets are gone, lizard is alive and Lola and I are back to sleeping in our own bed again. So I guess, no harm done? Well - no permanent harm ayways." She really wanted to tear into Julie, but she doubted it would make any difference and Alex was just trying to keep the peace so no sense into jump on him either.

Alex: "Awesome," Alex shot her a wide grin as he started to make his way to the door, "I guess I should let you get back to studying, then."

Kitty: Nodding, Kitty wandered back towards her desk chair where her homework was waiting. "Yeah, I suppose so. No fun, but I'm not blessed with super smarts like nearly everybody else here," she grinned. "I got to get my grades the old fashion way.”

Alex: "I have that problem too," he replied, pulling the door open, "I'll see you later."

Kitty: She nodded. "You bet! And, thanks for coming by. It was really sweet of you. Julie's pretty lucky," she said by way of compliment, then opening her laptop to begrudgingly start her music appreciation homework.

Alex: "Thanks, and it's no problem," Alex shook his head, blushing slightly at the comments as he carefully closed the door behind him. That'd gone better than he'd expected it to.

[Edited on 6-7-2010 by Slarti]