7/12 Instance: Spider's Dinner

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

7/12 Instance: Spider's Dinner

Post by Starfish »

[Timeline: after fic 'Phase Two' and directly before instance 'So Near And Yet...']

Eddie glared down at the University grounds from the roof, clad in his inky black armour. He was searching for him.

He was the very bane of his prolonged existence as a student of XU. He had been no end of vindictive since one mistake caused one burst lip.

But this....this was a new level of evil. Never in his life had Eddie Brock ever wanted to kill someone so close to home.

"Adam! You 'schizo-mess' sonofabitch!", he roared out to the world bellow him. His maw opened like a spinny canyon of white spikes as he cried out. He was pissed off.

Adam looked up as he heard his name screamed out, skidding to a stop and leaving a furrow in the school lawn as he did. He smirked a little, standing and folding his arms as he looked up at the school, clad all in black PVC. On top of the school and bellowing defiance, eh?

He readjusted the dust mask over his face, narrowed his eyes and blurred into full speed, taking a running jump and using the momentum to bounce up to the roof, flipping over Eddie to land crouched behind him. He wanted to go the melodramatic route, well hey. "Hey there." He straightened slowly, not raising the mask.

Eddie looked over his shoulder, glaring behind his mask. "You know, frankly, I'm impressed that I had the self-control not to just stab your petty ass just now...", he spat, turning around, arms apart.

"Look, this has to stop, alright? I am SO sick of you!"

"Well goodie, you finally get how I feel." Adam grinned, eyes creasing. "You're all mouth and no action, cac, that's what you are, or you'd've made me stop, hmm?" He tilted his head to the side, cyberdreads falling off the shoulder to hang loose. So fucking ready this time, if the guy wanted to push him.

Eddie's head lowered. "So, the only way I can make you stop is by kicking your sorry ass all over this rooftop?", He clenched his fists, lunging forward in a sudden punch. "Then you asked for it!", he roared, throwing his right fist forward.

Adam had seen the punch coming, read it in how the guy had moved and instinctively blurred to the side, catching the fist and pulling Eddie into his groin-high knee. Hard. He kicked him away and stood, completely serene, watching him. "Did I now? I don't remember. So...you found my presents then?"

Eddie coughed at the impact; that'd have hurt a lot more had he had a bare scrotum there. He crashed to the floor, getting up slowly and watching Adam's movements. "If that's what we're calling them, then yes...", he retracted his mask, showing his facial skin being a blurred grey-black as if it had been washed with soot and snow-white hair. He let the mask re-form. "I have no idea what you think you're playing at, coming in here and playing bigshot, but I

..."I have no idea what you think you're playing at, coming in here and playing bigshot, but I was here first!", Eddie spun himself forward in a sideways flip to diorientate his foe and released a snare of webbing from his right hand upon landing.

Adam flicked out a blade, catching the webbing and slicing through it, skipping back to the other side in a blur and waiting. "Not playing at being bigshot. I'm not a bigshot." He grinned - he was enjoying this. "This is just...fuckin' amusing. I don't give a shit who you think you are."

"Then kindly leave me to live my life?!", Eddie yelled at his foe; 'Damn, he's fast!'

"Honestly, nobody can get this het-up over one freakin' punch!", Eddie continued. "Really, what the hell is it? Really?"

"Well, I'm more het up over the fact you were a freakin' moron, and a fag to boot." Adam blurred to his other side and feinted before aiming a punch at Eddie's chest, long coat flaring. "But really? Honestly? I get a kick out of making your life hell, Eddie. You make me laugh, with your flailing and fail-threats."

Eddie felt like he'd been hit by a truck, crashing backwards again and rolling back onto his feet in a crouching possition. "So that's it then, you're an old-school bully-hunter who's turned into the same thing he swore himself against?"

"Oh, God....how cliched", Eddie laughed, trying to make his heavy breathing quieter. "Come on then, you think you can make me suffer? Bring the pain...", he stood straight, beckoning his enemy with his hand.

"No, never said I wasn't a bully, never said I was sworn against it." Adam smirked, snapping the blade back in and adjusting the mask. "You, happy little rich fag, never dealt with living in a house full of other lads, did you? Never had to deal with being different. This is how I got left alone."

"...That and...I just don't like you." Adam shrugged, then blurred, flipping himself up and landing on Eddie's shoulders. "Because you lied to me, Eddie. I don't like liars. I don't like being made a fool of. And I don't like your ego problems. You need to be taken down a few, ass."

Eddie's eyes widened behind his facial facade at the weight above him, bringhing him down to his knees. "Lied to you?", he gasped, uppercutting towards Adam. This was getting him nowhere; he needed to focus.

"You pretended you were a girl, Eddie." Adam grunted as the punch connected, rolling off Eddie and slamming a heavy boot into his face as he did. He hadn't felt this good in a while as he squared off to the guy again, rubbing his knee where the punch had hit.

"Didn't mind that. But you're not a girl Eddie, you're a guy. And you hid that from me. Now I just feel fucking dirty." He spat.

Eddie got up from being knocked down again and growled. "I hate you religious types. 'You can't be gay or transvestite or whatever because we say so'? Fuck you! Fuck everything you believe in you sorry excuse for a waste of carbon!"

"As such, I hate everything you represent...I can apologize to high fucking heaven and, apparently, God'll forgive me.", Eddie went on. "But you? You won't. I've met your petty kind before..."

"It's got fuck-all to do with what I believe in!" Adam suddenly exploded, going from placid to angry instantly. "I just don't like gays! Church couldn't care less, Bible couldn't give a shit, God doesn't say anything it's just me!" Both blades came out and he suddenly leapt for Eddie.

"Do. Not. Fuck. With. My. Religion." The words came out hissed as he blurred. "Don't you fucking dare." His eyes flashed red as he snarled. "You don't know me! You will never fucking understand you closed-minded, inbred little shit!" The blades headed for Eddie, Adam too far gone in fury to stop himself.

Eddie took a deep breath before Adam came into range, feeling the world slow around him. (Adam still appeared to be moving at a normal speed scarilly enough)

Dodging his relentless assault, Eddie snared him with webbing when he saw the chance, leaping over Adam in a forwards flip and throwing him over the edge of the Uni in an overhead C-arc.

Adam hit the wall hard, a blade slamming automatically into the brickwork and holding him, though his arm ached as his feet struggled to find grip - the web would hold him, but he didn't trust the guy holding it. He wheezed, trying hard not to show the pain the wall had caused.

He shook his head, the red disappating from his eyes and the other blade shoving into it as he looked up don't look down, don't look down!.

Eddie held the web fast with two hands, pulling Adam's body upwards into the air and thrusting his hand forward for his neck.

Adam hissed as his blades were twisted slightly, pulling them in before they were damaged, then froze at the hand tight enough around his throat to bruise, choking, automatically grabbing the guy's wrist with his own and feeling the air below his feet. His eyes flared again, from fear the same level as when Kevin...

"So, here we are then...", Eddie sneered, mask again retracting to glare directly into the eyes of Adam. "I wanna ask you somwthing, since I've pretty much guessed the only way to make you stop being such a bitch is to drop your sorry as to your death..."

Eddie took a breath, smile fading. "Would you, in my shoes, let go?"

Adam stared right back, blank red eyes swirling slightly. "You got the balls, Eddie?" He rasped. "Seriously? Would you let go over some hair dye and black-soap? Are you that petty you'd kill someone over a prank? I'd prefer to kill for a better reason." His voice was dead, emotionless.

"You call me petty, stupid and all that and you're threatening me with death over this? Fine, let go, I'm sure the world won't miss me. But just remember, Eddie Brock." Adam grabbed his wrist again. "You have to live with knowing you killed me for something stupid every fucking day."

Eddie laughed dryly. "You make me feel like shit every day.", his grip tightened. "You add to the hurt I have buried so deep in the guise that I don't even feel it."

"I'm not the man you think I am, obviously...", Eddie spat. Letting go and having his hand collapse into tendrils.

"Emo." Adam felt a moment's jolt of fear as he was dropped until the calmness of realisation slid over him as he fell back, staring up at Eddie. Oh well, he didn't have to live with the guilt any more. Just Eddie. Fitting he was passing it on. He smiled and actually waved as he fell.

Eddie smirked a moment, firing a web at Adam's torso and slamming him, lighter than last time, against the building again. "I'm no goodie-two-shoes, Adam!", he called down. "But I'm alright...", he turned, webbing with his free hand a chimney spire and connecting the two webs.

"I'm 'all talk', huh?", Eddie snickered. Webbing Adam's dust mask and pulling it off his face. "Dude, fuck you.", he smiled. "I win."

With that, Eddie walked out of sight, leaving Adam haniging like a spider's lunch off the rooftop.

There was a moment of...disappointment? Anger? As Eddie caught him and pinned him against the building, his gloved hands going flat against the brickwork, before he got hold of himself and looked up. "Pussy, knew you wouldn't go through with it." He smirked, before snapping out a blade.

"I should be so lucky." He cut through one web, gripping the other and using it to lower himself to a windowsill before cutting off the rest, hands flat against the brickwork as his balance kept him steady. With a deep breath, he blurred and ran down the wall, somersaulting off and landing cleanly on the patio.

Adam dusted himself off, cracking his knuckles. Well, that had been fun...but Eddie had just upped the stakes. The guy was in for one hell of a lesson in pain. No one fucked with him. No one. Especially not little shits like that.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen