7/12 Instance: Ah'm Team Bobby

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Timelined immediately after Supporting Rogue

<Bobby> "I don't remember buying this..." Bobby unrolled the fuzzy white blanket only to realize it wasn't a blanket. "Sweeeet!" He cackled and stroked the poor tauntaun's behorned pillowy head. Zipping its guts safely inside, he folded the sleeping bag and put it on top of the box.

<Bobby> They were totally using that their first night in the boathouse.

<Rogue> Rogue heard Bobby's cackle of glee and the familiarity of it made her smile a bit. She sniffed and swiped at her eyes to make sure they weren't wet before raising a hand to knock. Her arms folded around her stomach as she waited for a response, wondering if she was really ready to come out yet or not.

<Bobby> "Yo?" Bobby looked at the door, then down at the stack of boxes between himself and the door. There'd been a flaw in his tactical planning. "Um, just a sec!" Students didn't normally come to their room, but just in case he was keeping them in the hall.

<Rogue> Rogue chewed her lip and looked down as she waited, hugging herself a bit tighter. Maybe he was busy with Lorna. That was the only time she could ever remember him telling her to wait for a minute. She should just come back. She shifted on her feet for a second and then turned to head back to her room.

<Bobby> He tripped over a box and cursed before making a short ice slide up and over the roadblock. Bobby opened the door to Rogue's back. "Um... hey?"

<Rogue> Rogue paused and looked over her shoulder, "Hey. Ah'll come back. Ain't no trouble."

<Bobby> "No, it's no trouble now," he stammered, surprised she was outside of her cave. "I was just, um, trapped." Bobby laughed and opened the door wide. "Whatcha need, Dollface?”

<Rogue> Rogue looked down and smiled a bit at the name. "Ah was just comin' 'bout coffee..." She turned back to face him, eyes hopeful until she saw all of the boxes. "Ah..um... Ah'll come back later." Not them too... He had promised.

<Bobby> "Right! Coffee. I can do with a break." He noticed her expression change and frowned. "No, now's cool, babe, like I said."

<Rogue> Rogue tried to breathe and just shook her head, blinking past the tears. "No. No, it's fine. Ah'm fine. Later's better."

<Bobby> Aw, hell. She was staring past him now, and he looked over his shoulder, confused. There was nothing in there but -- oh. He reached out and took her arm, almost missing it since she was swimming in Sam's large workshirt.

<Rogue> Rogue flinched and barely stopped herself from pulling her arm away from him. "Bobby, it's fine. Later's better. Ya busy..."

<Bobby> "No, I'm not. It's fine." She cried at the drop of a hat nowadays, so he wasn't yet positive of the cause this time. "I'm not gonna ask what's wrong, because I know it's pretty much everything, but don't go."

<Rogue> Rogue finally looked up at him and then back to the boxes, "Why not? Y'all are." She clenched her jaw and looked down at her socked feet. "Ah'm sorry. Ya have every right ta go. Aint safe here any how."

<Bobby> Bobby cringed a little and stepped out into the hall to hug her. "No, we're not. I mean, we are, because it's not, but not, y'know, away." Goddammit. Crying women made his brain shut down...

<Rogue> Rogue stiffened as he hugged her, "Not away? How is packin' an' leavin' 'not away'?"

<Bobby> "We're moving to the boathouse," he finally got out, trying to relax so she would. "So not away away, just over there away." Bobby waved one arm in the general direction of the lake.

<Rogue> "Remy's house," she said softly.

<Bobby> "...yeah." He wasn't sure if that was a good or bad pronouncement from her. "So, not so far."

<Rogue> Rogue took a breath and stepped back from him, "Ok. Coffee?"

<Bobby> "Coffee it is!" He grinned at her a little too brightly and went back into the room to excavate Lorna's coffee pot. "Unless you want to go out, or to the staff kitchen..."

<Rogue> "Ah don't wanna see anyone... Not yet anyway..." She chewed her lower lip and watched him from outside the door as he moved around the boxes. "An' Ah ain't staff. Don't wanna get y'all in trouble."

<Bobby> He popped his head out from behind a stack of boxes. "You can come in, babe." Aha. Coffeepot! "Well... the staff kitchen kind of is the kitchen right now, so that wouldn't be a problem."

<Rogue> Rogue lifted herself over the boxes, shutting the door behind her, lowering herself down onto the bed and crossing her legs under her. "Oh. Ok."

<Bobby> Probably not the most tactful way to point that out to her, but... oh well. Bobby busied himself with pulling the moisture from the air to fill the carafe and getting the coffee pot perking.

<Rogue> Rogue watched him work with his powers and tried to think of something to say. "Things any better?"

<Bobby> He frowned for a moment, then realized what she meant. "Um... not really?" Bobby turned and sat on the desk across from her. "I mean, I used to do stuff like that without even thinking about it, but... it somehow takes more effort now? I can still do it, but..." He shrugged uncomfortably.

<Bobby> "Back at'cha, Doll. How are you doing?" He smiled, sincerely this time.

<Rogue> "Ah'd offer ta help, but..." She chewed her lip, "Ain't really up ta gettin' some o' what y'all got rattlin' 'round just yet..." Rogue swiped at her eyes before the tears even had a chance to fully form and she took a deep breath. "He's gone, Bobby."

<Bobby> "No worries." Bobby looked down at his hands, adjusting his ring. Well, yeah, he'd been gone a while... scraped him up and all... "I know, babe."

<Rogue> She shook her head and closed her eyes, "No..." Rogue looked down at her hands, wearing his kid-skin gloves. "Ah'm alone. Ah don't like tha quiet."

<Bobby> Oh. Dur. "Oh. I'm sorry, Anna." He looked back up at her as the pot stopped brewing. He broke the silence by getting up to find some cups.

<Rogue> Rogue looked up and watched him find the mugs. "Ah tried ta hold on as long as Ah could... F'r once Ah hate that part o' mah powers."

<Bobby> "Yeah, I can get how that'd be saying goodbye again, in a way." He poured the coffee and turned back to her. "Um, how do you like it? I can do it like Lorna likes it."

<Rogue> "Black, thanks." She looked back down at her lap and took her left glove off to look at her ring. "Everybody left stuff outside our room... Like a shrine ta a celebrity."

<Bobby> He just nodded and figured black wouldn't kill him either, so he brought her the cup and sat down beside her on the bed. "But, I dunno, I guess it's good that you did get to say goodbye, sorta."

<Bobby> Bobby made a slight face into his cup. Like drinking tar. "Yeah, sorry... we didn't want to disturb you really, but we didn't want to keep his stuff from you..."

<Rogue> She looked up, confusion plain on her face, "There's some o' his stuff out there?"

<Bobby> "Oh... well, shit. We, uh, got his stuff from the treehouse. It's in a box... guess it got buried?"

<Rogue> "Oh." She hadn't even given the treehouse a single thought. "Thanks." Rogue looked up from looking at her ring, "Ah've never been up there. Couldn't ever get him ta tell me tha password."

<Bobby> "Dee never told me either, honestly." He smiled into the cup and tried another sip. Hot, hot tar! He cooled it off a bit. "It's cool though, they did a good job on it." Bobby paused, smile slipping a bit. "Think it was kind of hard on her, to have to go through his stuff..."

<Rogue> "Ah'm glad they had each other ta fall back to... When we weren't able ta help 'em." She brought the mug to her lips and thought before bringing it back down, not drinking any yet. She'd not had really anything on her stomach in almost two weeks. The thought of anything on it now kind of made it do flips. "He loved double datin' with y'all."

<Bobby> "Yeah, me too." He grinned. "I enjoyed taunting him over KFC anyways." He noticed her drink dodge and nodded toward her cup. "Too hot, I can at least manage to cool it off for ya."

<Rogue> "Don't burn, Bobby. Remember?" She stared into the black liquid and watched it ripple as her hand shook a tiny bit. "Just ain't eaten in 'bout two weeks. Not sure Ah can stomach anythin' just yet."

<Bobby> "Holy shit, well yeah, then you need to eat and not be drinking this drain cleaner, babe." He frowned at her and setting his cup down on the nightstand, got up to check their snack drawer for something semi-nutritious.

<Rogue> Rogue shook her head, wrinkling her nose, "Ah don't want anythin', Bobby. Just tha smell o' tha coffee is good." She gave a watery smile, "Didn't think anythin' could be good anymore."

<Bobby> Crackers. He sniffed them. And they didn't have that cardboardy stale smell either! "Well, humor me." He returned to the bed and shook the box at her.

<Rogue> Rogue looked at the box without any emotion on her face then flicked her eyes up to meet his before they went back to the box. She kept a grip on her mug and reached out carefully to get take it from him, making sure not to touch him with her bare hand. Rogue set the box in her lap and held the mug with both again. "In a minute. Promise."

<Bobby> Bobby picked up his own coffee and took a sip. He peered over the edge of the cup and turned on the puppy eyes.

<Rogue> Rogue brought her cup up under her nose and took in a deep breath, eyes closed. When she opened them, she looked right at Bobby and his puppy eyes and just stared for a moment. She didn't feel anything. "Promise. In a minute," she repeated and looked into her cup. "Y'all want one?"

<Bobby> "Oh, you know I'll always eat." He sniffed, annoyed his eyes had failed. He grinned instead.

<Rogue> Rogue handed the box out to him after opening the end. She was surprised she didn't give in to the eyes, but she picked a good time to finally be able to withstand them. She might throw up the crackers if she tried. "Is this what it feels like ta let someone in? Numb? Ah used ta feel anger an' resentment an' jealousy an' all o' those 'cause Ah didn't wanna get close enough ta anybody ta feel tha good stuf... But now Ah got nothin'."

<Bobby> Bobby paused in his cracker selection. "No. Letting someone in..." He chewed a cracker, not so sure he wanted to delve into his own feelings. Finally, he sighed and continued. Be a man. By being... kind of a girl. "It's kind of what life is all about."

<Rogue> "Ah thought it was so ya could feel good... Ah feel nothin' but empty. Hollow." She frowned, "An' Ah got this kinda... echo goin' on in mah thoughts. That Ah'd normally be happy 'bout."

<Bobby> "Yeah. And not to say that it doesn't suck now, but you were happy, yeah?" Bobby covered his discomfort by eating another cracker.

<Rogue> "Was. Wouldn't change it. But likely won't do it again." She finally took a sip of the coffee and made a face. She wanted chicory, but that was in the kitchen... She wasn't sure she could even go down the hall heading towards it yet.

<Bobby> "But then you chance just living with that numb and empty forever, and that's hell, Anna."

<Rogue> "Ah used ta like it when ya called me Anna. Made me smile. Don't much care if ya do'r don't anymore." Rogue looked over at him, "How is it hell? Ain't got a problem with it at tha moment."

<Bobby> His mouth twisted a little at that. What the hell did that mean? And he was so not getting into one of their circular arguments. "Would Sam want you to just stay stuck like this? Not ever letting anybody close again and never trying to be happy again?"

<Rogue> "Ain't sure. Don't have him around ta ask anymore."

<Bobby> Now he had to hide his eye roll in his coffee. "It's rhetorical. You already know the answer. He loved you and he wanted to make you happy. He wanted you to be happy because he loved you. Trust me, that's how it's supposed to work. So since it's not like he wanted to leave you, he wouldn't want you to be sad forever, or ruin your life, or never be happy again." He did have a little personal experience here, after all.

<Rogue> "He would want f'r me what Ah want. An' Ah ain't got a problem with this numbness an' Ah don't wanna fall in love again. He might call me stubborn an' shake his head at me, but he'd leave it alone 'cause it's what Ah want."

<Bobby> Bobby couldn't restrain his long-suffering sigh, but figured now wasn't the time to push it. "Okay. I'll follow his supposed example then, miss stubborn, but someday you'll thank me for that little nugget of wisdom." He shook the box of crackers at her. "But now..."

<Rogue> Rogue let out her own sigh and took a cracker, staring at it for a moment with a hard frown on her face. "This is only 'cause y'all're mah best friend an' Sam'd want me ta eat." She turned that frown to Bobby then back at the cracker before taking a deep breath and taking a bite.

<Bobby> Ha! Score one for Team Bobby! "Right." He nodded soberly.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

"No worries." Bobby looked down at his hands, adjusting his ring. Well, yeah, he'd been gone a while... scraped him up and all... "I know, babe.

Love Bobby's humour