7/22 Instance: Leading by Example

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Timeline - Morning after the Halloween game

Darren was furious, storming through the school in his quest to find Eddie. It was a short quest, the reprobate in question was sitting in the recroom playing a game. Darren slammed the door open and pointed the rolled up newspaper at the other man like a gun, "You!"

"Wait...", Eddie said, not looking away from the T.V screen. "So...fucking...c- damnit!", he cursed as a sniper bullet whizzed through his avatar's head. "I hate Gears of War..."

"You know what I hate, I hate people like you, flashy idiots who treat real life like's it's a fucking computer game!" Darren said, completly missing any hypocrisy in his statement as he threw the paper at Eddie's face, "Guess what, last night made the local papers, headline infact!"

Eddie flailed as he tried to grasp the paper from his face. He inspected the headline; "'Halloween Horror: When Mutants Attack'...", he quothed. "...oh, shit! That's that guy from...", he started, seeing the picture of the man he'd captured in a coccoon of webbing the night before. "...and lemme guess, it's a five-page bitch about mutants, too?"

"Yeah," Darren groaned, "when the staff sees that we're all gonna be toast man!" He gave Eddie the evil eye, "I told you not to fuck about like that man! This is exactly the sort of publicity we don't need with the start of new election campaigns only a few weeks away!"

Eddie stood up. "Hey, they picked a fight with us! Need I remind you people got stabbed? I got shot, you know! Right h-...", he paused. "Hold on...'elections'?"

For a moment, Eddie's finger remained pointed at his head. "...elections...", he mumbled.

"Yeah, as in the presidential ones? As in, our chance to get Kelly out?" Darren said sardonically, "Don't you watch the fucking news you troglodyte?"

"Hey!", Eddie started. "After the Conservatives got in at home I haven't paid much attention! No.", he sighed. "You honestly think he'll get the boot? Really?"

Eddie sat back down. "It's all the same with these things, Daz.", he sighed. "They won't vote him out; they like him and his facism - 'land of hope and glory' my transient gender!"

"Well the definetly won't vote him out if crazy shit like this keeps on happening!" Darren sighed and rolled his eyes irritably.

Eddie glared at Darren. "Don't pin this on me! Running the risk of sounding like a pre-schooler: they started it."

"'Cos they're morons and lesser beings, you should be able to rise above all that shit, it's not like they could hurt you after all," Darren glared back.

"Hey! I got shot!", Eddie yelled. "And if I hadn't have been hit, someone else would've been! What, you'd rather Adam caught it in the face?", he shook his head.

"Besides...", Eddie continued. "You go about calling them 'lesser beings' and you wonder where the hate comes from(?)"

"I don't call them that to thier faces," Darren said, "and everyone's a lesser being compared to me, ignorant bigots are just more lesser then others ..." he analysed that statement ... no, he wasn't going to correct it, "I'd rather no one got caught in the face, I'd rather not have a mutant-hater in power, and I'd rather you'd think with your brain and not your ego for once!"

"Oh, good greif, you did not just pull the 'ego card' on me.", Eddie laughed. "You, of all people on God's green and lush Earth?"

For a moment, Eddie laughed to himself. "You wanna make a difference? How about appealing to Xavier and getting us some more publicity as superheroes?", he suggested. "If the world saw us trying to help, surely they'd accept us more!"

"Hell, send me out there into the city for a few months and I'll get us a good name myself!", Eddie continued.

"They'd sue us for the inevitable damage," Darren said morosly, a move advanced student of the human condition, "dude, this is real life, not a fucking comic, but heh," he sneered slightly, "you wanna run off an play 'the amazing spider-man' or something, whatever, just make sure no one follows you back here, and don't come crying to me when the cops are taking pot-shots at ya, man."

"Like you said, Daz; 'not like they could hurt me'.", Eddie echoed. "And come on, really? We live in a mansion with a stealth jet in the basement, a Cylon in a 'Holodeck' and a psychic guy in a wheelchair directing a crack team of teenagers with superpowers...."

Eddie let the words sink in for a moment. "Just consider that a moment....", he said frankly.

"If this was a comic book he wouldn't be a narcoleptic, and all the girls would be wearing swimwear and corsets instead of kevlar ..." he thought for a moment, "and they'd all have terrifyingly massive racks, so yeah, in short, STFU man and consider the fact that every day we're getting closer to all being rounded up and shipped off to concentration camps if mutants still keep on making headlines in the bad way."

Eddie STFU'd. He STFU'd hard. Darren was right; the world was still a cruel place, and Kelly wouldn't hesitate to fumigate the Institute with nerve gas if he was given the power.

"...fine.", Eddie finally said, reaching back for his X-Box 360 controller. Stupid-ass world and its facism.

"So you agree that i'm right, and therefore a genius?"

Eddie looked up at Darren. "...you're more backwards than Johnny Five...", he shook his head. "I agree that for someone who's so creeped out by Danger you make an awfully convinving reflection of her, albeit somewhat....", he looked at Darren again. "...'informal'."

"Hey, I'm nothing like her ... that thing with the penguins? That's too crazy, even for me man!"
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

LMAO, oh that was a great instance to read!
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

LOL That was win!! :D Awesomesauce, guys. Pure awesome.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art