7/23 Instance: Coffee Talk with Linda Richman

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

7/23 Instance: Coffee Talk with Linda Richman

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: The day after Voided

Jason: To tell the truth, Jason wasn't all that much on coffee but it was something of a social convention he supposed so observing it seemed a safe idea at the time. He wasn't sure he had thought over the whole scalding beverage in unpredictable hands, however. Nevertheless he poured Monet's cup.

Monet: Monet watched the liquid spill into her cup and glanced up at him as he watched to make sure he didn't overfill it, then looked back at her cup. "Merci." She put in her cream and sugar and took a sip, watching him over the rim as she did so.

Jason: "Welcome." He took his own cup, pouring it and settling back into the patio chair, mostly ignoring the cup other than holding onto it. "So, shall we get on about clearing things up? I suppose it would be easiest to determine where the two of us stand on some things at least."

Monet: "What is there to be cleared up? The contract has been shredded, making it void."

Jason: "Well yes, that is clearly off the table and there will be no argument there." He clarified. "What I meant was where do we stand besides that. It will be simplest to start at a level of familiarity that we can both at least agree exists."

Monet: "Oui. We are familiar with each other. More so than you wanted to be, apparently." She wasn't still sore about that... No, of course not.

Jason: "What makes you say that exactly?"

Monet: "You are the one who regretted it. Not me."

Jason: He put the drink down. "Monet, if you're going to use my words in conversations I'd appreciate it if you looked at the context for meaning."

Monet: "Fine. You said you regretted ever meeting me. Therefore, anything we've done together gets lumped into that category." She was very calm about all of this considering. Monet sipped her coffee and kept watching him.

Jason: "And what was the context of this being said?" His voice had a coating of patience that made him sound as if he was prepared for a long conversation of having to explain things.

Monet: "We were fighting." She arched an eyebrow at him, "But I tend to only say things I mean even angered. Do you not?"

Jason: "Monet, when do I ever say what I mean?"

Monet: "Then say something you mean now."

Jason: "You have the human understanding of a labrador but I still find our friendship important enough to make some form of concentrated effort which will not happen if we're going to sit her sulking over what was said or done yesterday."

Monet: "Important enough for what, Jason? For you to use? Or to make another contract about something different this time?"

Jason: "And now you're actually reading too much into the words. Quite frankly you're reading into the wrong part if you want something explained. Exactly when have I ever used you where it was my idea to do so?"

Monet: "Sometimes I wonder if our whole relationship is just something for you to use, Jason. You just enjoy yourself while you're doing so."

Jason: "Funny, I essentially categorize your interests the same way and I believe you come to your conclusion because you're under the assumption that I say what I mean at all times again."

Monet: "Another thing that factored into that, is that you used to not be able to stand me. You had an illusionary dog urinate on me the first time we met."

Monet: She took a drink and set her cup down, crossing her legs as she looked over at him, "What on earth changed your mind so drastically as to go from hating me to being one of my 'best friends'?"

Jason: "What can I say? You're amazingly off-putting, so am I." He considered the question. "We talked and you were tolerable. There are still things I absolutely cannot stand about you but enough good to make a decent friendship on."

Monet: "But apparently not enough to have a no-strings-attached sexual relationship without a contract." She leaned forward some, "What bothered me most about you wanting that clause is the fact that you thought it necessary. It upset you enough to see me with someone else who you care about that you wanted to put an end to all of it. One would think someone would want people they care about to enjoy themselves."

Monet: She shrugged, "But when it all comes down to it, Jason? You wouldn't take my word on something. You wouldn't take my word and you wouldn't admit what was truly bothering you." And that was her issue with the clause. She left out what bothered her about the rest of their conversation on purpose.

Jason: "And you don't actually care about something bothering someone unless that someone is you. Why on earth should I trust you in that manner when I know that? That issue is off the table anyway, this is about actually getting along, isn't it?"

Monet: "Because you should know by now that when I say I'm going to do something, by God, I do it. I do have principles, contradictory to popular belief it would seem." She arched an eyebrow, "We're getting along fine at the moment. You're not making stupid cracks about being prisoner, and I'm not throwing you into a wall. I would say that's a good thing."

Jason: "Oh yes, we're getting along wonderfully if I don't have to tell you to get out and you're not resorting to physical abuse." There was one hell of an eye roll there.

Monet: "It's better than yesterday."

Jason: "The only way it couldn't be better than yesterday is if we were actively setting each other on fire."

Monet: "I believe that would be Ginny's territory."

Jason: "I can't say as he's ever tried to set me on fire, can't talk as to you, of course."

Monet: "But he certainly could if he wanted to."

Jason: "I don't quite understand how this portion of the conversation is relevant to the goal."

Monet: "It's not."

Jason: "Congratulations, I'm counting it as our first segue into mildly friendly banter."

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow at him and picked up her coffee cup again. "Congratulations. I could care less."

Jason: "In that case should we just say we're through then?"

Monet: "I'm not certain. Why don't you tell me what it is you're wanting?"

Jason: "As I have been saying, I want to establish where we stand on how much we tolerate each other and build from there."

Monet: Monet sighed, "Fine then. Let me ask a more specific question. Where are you wanting to stand?"

Jason: "I'm fine with building back up to a decent friendship." He said, taking his time to mull the sentence over. "You?"

Monet: "What do you think that entails then?" She sipped at her coffee and thought about what she wanted, "I'm not sure."

Jason: "I'm not certain either, laying that out is the next step. You didn't answer my question though."

Monet: "Yes I did. I'm not sure what I want. But I'm willing to try this to find out if I want it or not."

Jason: "Take a moment to think, it's not exactly like you to be indecisive. I'm in no hurry." Jason sat back again, taking a drink from his coffee and realizing he had let it go cold.

Monet: Monet frowned. What she wanted, he didn't. And she wasn't quite ready to admit it to him. "So you're not happy with the fact that I'm letting us go with what you want for once?"

Jason: "I want us to agree on something, not just give in to one another."

Monet: "We won't agree, Jason."

Jason_: "Well, it's difficult to come to an agreement when I can't get the other side."

Monet: Monet sighed. "I like sex," she stated plainly. "And you don't."

Jason_: "Sex is not what we're talking about."

Monet: "I like sex in our relationship," she clarified. "And you don't."

Jason_: "Simple terms, never said I didn't like it. Is it a good idea? Obviously not considering yesterday."

Monet: "The only reason it failed is because you care too much about an issue involving Ginny that he likely won't even remember." She smirked, "And since when have we known to stop doing things because they aren't a good idea?"

Jason_: "Please, I can get the context clues, that's not the only reason we failed." Jason shook his head. "And for a change I'll step up and say it was a bad idea."

Monet: "So then if I'm not catching on, please enlighten me."

Jason_: "We don't function. There is no give and take."

Monet: "We're not in an emotional relationship. The only giving and taking involved should be about who's turn it is to be on top."

Jason_: "Well, obviously we overstepped that line or else the argument wouldn't have happened either."

Monet: "We?"

Jason_: "We."

Monet: "How is it 'we'?"

Jason_: "Please, it's we."

Monet: "I do believe it's you."

Jason: "Sorry, we. You go to coffee to talk things over when things end with others?"

Monet: "I'm saying that you're the one who overstepped the emotional line. Not me."

Jason: "And I'm saying it was both of us."

Monet: "So then if it was mutual, weren't we supposed to discuss how we felt and go from there instead of adding a new clause or ripping up the contract?"

Jason: "I'd say we're passed that particular point, though, wouldn't you?"

Monet: "Non. Past the contract ripping oui. But I still think things should be discussed."

Jason: "It's obvious neither of us are emotionally healthy to consider anything else, isn't it?"

Monet: "So that means we can't discuss things?"

Jason: "Isn't that what we're doing?"

Monet: "Non. We're discussing what to do next. I think we should discuss the emotional boundaries that apparently the both of us crossed. If we don't then it could very well happen again and you don't want that, do you?"

Jason: "Fine, then by all means."

Monet: "Seeing as how you're the one who crossed it first, even though apparently it was mutual, I believe you should be the one to start."

Jason: "And you're the one who wants to discuss it further, I assume you actually have something to say."

Monet: "I'm quite curious as to how we let it get this far, honestly."

Jason: "We're both insanely controlling?"

Monet: "And that has what to do with the fact that you got jealous and I got attached?"

Jason: "Simple, neither of us want to say it because it gives the other control."

Monet: "I just said it."

Jason: "It's a bit after the point."

Monet: "At least I can openly admit it now. I am quite attached to you, Jason." She arched an eyebrow, "Your turn."

Jason: "I admit attachment and the fact that it is probably completely unhealthy."

Monet: That made her pause for a moment. "I have to admit, I assumed your jealousy was because you saw me as a possession and not the fact that you would be attached to me."

Jason: "You're much too high maintenance to own."

Monet: "So the feelings are mutual then?" She frowned and resisted the urge to smack him. "Why didn't you just come out and say that yesterday?"

Jason: "Because we're both insanely controlling. Tell me you wouldn't have enjoyed 'puppet on a string'."

Monet: "Oh I would have enjoyed it very much. But that's why I have John and Pietro. I had no intentions of doing that to you."

Jason: "You have intentions?"

Monet: "Beyond what I wouldn't do? Non."

Jason: "That's relieving then." Jason shrugged.

Monet: "What's that supposed to mean?"

Jason: "We're on the same page in that case then." He shrugged.

Monet: "So what about yourself? Would you have enjoyed 'puppet on a string'?"

Jason: "The idea is distasteful and I prefer to not play with dolls."

Monet: "I thought we were both 'insanely controlling'. If you had no interest in doing that to me, nor I to you, then what is the issue besides neither of us knowing how to get around being awkward with feeling attachment towards the other?" She waved a hand, dismissively, "Because you know full and well I would have agreed to adding in the clause if you had come out and said what you were feeling yesterday."

Jason: "I am insanely controlling of myself. You can't tell me that you're any different." he couldn't help but roll his eyes at the last bit. "Why would I know that full well?"

Monet: "Because you should know me." She arched an eyebrow, "All I want is admission from people. That was what I was trying to get from you when you asked if I was trying to make you angry on purpose. If you had merely agreed or disagreed, either way, honestly, I would have said alright."

Jason: "And wanting admission when you're not willing to admit anything yourself isn't being controlling how?"

Monet: "I had no idea I was attached until you tore up the contract. I assume that's because I wouldn't let myself think on it, but I would also assume if you had asked me, I would have given you an honest answer."

Jason: "You have far more faith in yourself than I have in you." Jason shrugged again.

Monet: "You have no faith in anyone, so that doesn't surprise me." She tilted her head, "But did I not just tell you openly now that I was attached without being asked?"

Jason: "We both enjoyed a dance around the topic but I suppose you can take the honors of stepping on the toe of it."

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow, "Alright." She gave him a flat stare, "Permission to touch you then since apparently slapping you lightly with a pair of tickets is groping?"

Jason: "You do things lightly?"

Monet: It was Monet's turn to roll her eyebrows. "Oui, or non?"

Jason: Jason was taking his time to mull over the idea.

Monet: Monet leaned back in her chair and arched an eyebrow at him, waiting patiently for him to decide.

Jason: "Right then, we'll give that a try." he decided that was acceptable.

Monet: Monet nodded and stood, shifting to sit on the arm of his chair with her body turned towards him. She ran her hand through his hair and down his neck. "It is no secret that I am attracted to you. You are a handsome man and we have much in common. It is also no secret that we fight often because of some of the things we have too much in common."

Monet: "But what I didn't realize until yesterday," she paused and ran a finger along his jaw line, "Is that I am quite attached to you and rather like you being around beyond the 'entertainment' I always claim."

Jason: Jason looked up, intrigued if not wholly convinced. His mind was being it's paranoid self, looking for evidence of her placating herself and having her cake and eating it too. He was going to be keeping an eye out for anything that was going to come kick him in the ass. He did indulge in a slight smile though.

Monet: Monet pulled her hands to her lap and just looked at him for a minute. His aura was flickering uncertain colors so she had a hint as to what he was thinking, but she would never pry into his mind uninvited. "What is it?"

Jason: "You know me, paranoid." He shrugged.

Monet: "What would help you believe me? I can't very well go shout from the rooftops because we had wanted to keep people knowing to a minimum before. Also, that would just be silly."

Jason: "It would be hilarious but no. We don't need to go to that."

Monet: "You could always illusion me doing it for your own benefit. So long as no one else could see." She brought a hand back up to his hair for a brief moment. "Then what? Or would you rather just go on thinking I'm lying?"

Jason: "I'll accept you're not lying. It'll just take a while to grow accustomed to it."

Monet: "Merci." She arched an eyebrow, "And how do you feel, Jason? Your turn to quit dancing." For a brief moment, she was worried she would be upset if he didn't feel the same way, but when it came down to it, she didn't care. She just wanted him to be non-evasive for once.

Jason: "I...I don't suppose you'd take ditto as an appropriate answer?"

Monet: Her eyebrows drew together some, "Non."

Jason: "Fine, I'm just as attached only I clued in on it a bit earlier than you but didn't want to give you that kind of sway over me because we both know I am endlessly paranoid and function differently from the rest of society as a whole. We are too similar which is probably proving that I am both a narcissist and self-loathing at times."

Monet: Monet was slightly surprised at his response and she just looked at him for a moment, "When did you clue in to it?"

Jason: "I'm not all together sure, didn't come in a rush."

Monet: Monet smiled, "So you're attached to me?" She was surprised she didn't feel like rubbing it in his face. "That's... Kind of nice to hear, actually."

Jason: He nodded. "Though, next time we have a fight I would appreciate it if no walls were used?" He smirked just a bit.

Monet: Monet made a show of thinking about that for a moment, "That would wholly depend on the situation and just how we were fighting," she grinned. And then a thought occurred to her, "Of course, that would depend on if you were wanting to draw up another contract or if we were going to make that be water under the bridge no matter the attraction."

Jason: "I think we've managed well enough without it at the moment."

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow, urging him to further clarify.

Jason: "No contract fine by you?"

Monet: "I would have been fine without one in the first place."

Jason: "I wouldn't have been able to trust you at all without it at first."

Monet: "And now?"

Jason: "I think we can manage fine."

Monet: Monet smirked and slid into his lap, letting her arms loop around his neck, "Is that right?"

Jason: "I'm practically always right."

Monet: "Prove it."

Jason: "Fine, we'll keep a running tally of all the times I'm right?"

Monet: Monet sighed and rolled her eyes, "Or maybe you should just kiss me, connard."
Monet: ((French: asshole))

Jason: "Can I do both? They each sound like fun."

Monet: Monet grinned, "Oui. The first shouldn't be a long list anyway."

Jason: "You're right, I'll need to abbreviate a lot. Save the rainforest."

Monet: Monet smacked him on the chest, "Stop talking and put your lips to better use. I'm sick of hearing your voice."

Jason: "Oh, if you're sick of it all ready just imagine how grating it's going to be." Jason grinned wider.

Monet: Monet sighed, "Well... I guess if you don't want to kiss me, you don't have to..." She made a move to stand up.

Jason: "And now you're just putting words in my mouth." He teased. "We have better things to do with mouths."

Monet: "Do we? I'm sorry, I must have forgotten with all of your incessant chatter."

Jason: "Oh, well, if you've changed your mind then..."

Monet: Monet gave him a mock-glare and pulled him up to his feet by his collar. "I kissed you last time. Are you man enough to make a move on me or am I just going to walk away?"

Jason: "Ahh, and there's more of the charm I've come to expect from you. Though, for the record, the pulling is a bit much." She got another shit eating grin before she finally got her kiss.

Monet: "Someone has to wear the pants in this relationship," she gave him a grin back as he leaned down to kiss her. Finally.

Jason: "And it's nice to placate you with a skort."

Monet: "Shut up already," she pushed him back down to the chair and sat in his lap again, kissing him to keep his mouth busy.

Jason: "Fine, fine." He false protested.

Monet: "That's more like it."
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone