7/23 Instance: Belles and Warning Signs

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

7/23 Instance: Belles and Warning Signs

Post by Esynthia »

Timeline: October 31st

Lorna__: Lorna held up her glass, swirling the ice in it lazily before looking at Bobby. "The ice isn't ice, it's merely a semi-invisible case for plastic explosives. It's amazing what the agency can create these days."

Bobby: "Isn't it though?" Bobby whistled and brogued a bit though his smirk and readjusted the harpoon gun strapped over his shoulder. It's not like the gun went with the suit, but it was a harpoon gun dammit. He had to have it.

Rogue: Rogue smirked at Lorna and Bobby's various Bond impressions and leaned over the bar to grab a napkin to wrap around her glass so her hands wouldn't get too cold. She had to shift and adjust her hoop skirt before she could sit back down though.

Lorna__: "You know," Lorna dropped character, "I'm really glad you talked me out of the Moby Dick theme. I could not have pulled off being the whale and actually walked in it.

SinJin: Ginny leaned forward, inspecting the glass in question with his magnifying glass. He'd opted for the Rathbone Sherlock Holmes, not that he wouldn't have gone for the Downey version, but there was something to be said about a genuine deerstalker. "Indeed it is. I am truly amazed."

Rogue: Rogue grinned at Ginny then leaned over the bar again to get a round of shots for them. When they came up, in her thickest magnolia accent she could manage, she started to sing happy birthday to Bobby.

Bobby: "Yeah, plus the bond reverse-drag is dick enough for me, babe." He moved out of the way of Rogue's giant skirt a bit and started laughing at the song.

Lorna__: "Don't you mean dork?" She grinned, then clapped her hands, singing along.

SinJin: He sang, too, grinning widely.

Rogue: Rogue toasted Bobby with her shot glass, "T' mah very best friend in tha whole world. Who puts up with me when apparently no one else will. May ya have many many more birthdays much better'n this one."

Lorna_: "Maybe next time you'll win and get to be Roger."

Bobby: "But Sean has his definite rewards," he hammed and took a shot for himself. "The key is to whistle and sound slightly hammered at all times. And do the eyebrow thing." He demonstrated.

SinJin: Lifting up his glass, he said, "to Bobby Sean, King of Geeks."

Lorna_: "The eyebrow thing? Sexy." She nodded in approval. "That's totally how he got the part other than being Sean F. Connery."

Rogue: Rogue laughed and downed her shot, slamming it to the bar and ordering another round.

Bobby: "Good!" He aimed the eyebrow at Lorna. "I'll remember that later... we can get you a more appropriate Bond outfit..."

SinJin: "There's sexy girl Bond outfits. I saw them on some website. It looks like a smoother mob moll."

Rogue: Rogue turned carefully on her stool, making sure her skirt didn't knock over any drinks as she stood. "Who wants ta go dance?"

SinJin: Ginny looked at her bare hands, and then at his half-finished drink. "Won't all those layers make it difficult?"

Rogue: Rogue looked at him like he had grown a second head. "Ah've worn layers since Ah was twelve. Think Ah know how ta dance with 'em."

SinJin: "Er, sorry."

Bobby: "I think he means the poof, babe" Bobby held out his arms to demonstrate her enormous skirt of doom. "You could keep a village under there." He took another shot. "Could be that you're not wearing gloves, too." Oh, had he said that out loud? He looked down at the shot. Wow.

Lorna_: "Hoop skirts make for an interesting time doing the hula." Lorna might have pre-drank for this occasion.

Bobby: Bobby nodded at Lorna. "Another thing to remember for later."

Rogue: "Maybe Ah should try the hula then." She looked down at her hands then up at Bobby. "So?" She shrugged, "Ain't a big deal."

Lorna_: "It isn't?"

Rogue: "Nope."

Bobby: "You don't look that drunk yet to me, Dollface..." Bobby tongued his shotglass as punctuation.

SinJin: "Really? Because last time I was here, there was a no touchy clause...did I miss something?"

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "Ah ain't drunk at all, Bugsy. Ah don't feel any bit o' alcohol anymore." She grinned at Ginny, "Not a thing." She picked up her skirt and made her way to the dance floor, not minding if people got a bit close to her skin.

Lorna_: "So...she wants to be schizophrenic?"

Bobby: "Okay, it's not just me noticing she's being wei... weirder than usual?" Bobby watched her weave into the crowd.

SinJin: "There's something going on. Do you think we might try to stop her?"

Rogue: Rogue started dancing and ignored the casual brush of people. Most of the people were kept at bay by the hoopskirt and those that pressed too close tended to trip on it anyway, so no one was touching her skin yet. And that was also fine with her.

Bobby: Bobby continued to watch. "I dunno. I mean, this is the first time she's been out, so maybe she's just..." He shrugged, not sure what she could be. "I guess we should just stay sober enough to keep an eye on her, and if anybody suddenly keels over on the dance floor..."

SinJin: "Yeah...that won't be good."

Rogue: Rogue looked back at her friends at the bar and gave them her puppy dog eyes, wanting them to come over.

SinJin: "Well, friends, wish me luck." Ginny had brought a matching dove grey pair of gloves with him - it completed his suit under the Inverness cape. He slipped them on and got off the barstool and took off his Inverness cape. He finished off the last of his drink and went over, hovering at the edge of her skirt, wondering how best to fend off anyone who came too close to her.

Bobby: "Brave man!" Bobby relaxed back into the chair, deciding Ginny could babysit for a bit if Rogue was exercising her crazy tonight. It was his birthday, dammit.

Lorna_: "It's like a deathly game of wackamole!" Lorna laughed, leaning back as well.

Rogue: Rogue grinned wide as Ginny came over to dance with her, "Hi there, sugah!" She held her hand out to him, "Dance?"

Bobby: "Think we should wrestle her down and stick some latex bar gloves on her?" Bobby ordered more shots. He'd stay sober... later.

SinJin: He took it awkwardly over the dress, standing as far as he so as not to trip. "At least one of us has training on how to dance with all that erm" don't say baggage! "flouncy stuff." He did have frightening visions of tripping and falling into her, and not away.

Lorna_: "I don't know...I think she'd bite."

Rogue: Rogue laughed and reached down with her other hand to bunch up the skirt a bit in the front so he wouldn't be tripping over it. "Better?"

Bobby: "Yeeeah, she's definitely a biter." He passed Lorna a shot and nodded.

SinJin: "Yes, thanks." He smiled and stepped infinitesimally closer. "Who's leading?"

Rogue: "You're the gentleman, ain'tcha?" She grinned and took his hand more properly.

SinJin: "I have no more idea how to lead a proper dance than to squeeze blood from stone...I can do sexy dancing though?"

Rogue: "Ah can do that," she grinned and let go of his hand to better hike up her skirt.

SinJin: Ginny smiled. Ok, now he could keep a close watch over her - and hopefully she didn't touch him or anyone else... "Keep hiking them up hula girl."

Lorna_: "Postmen fear Rogue?" Lorna watched, putting the image of biting Rogue out of her mind.

Bobby: "Only if they forgot their pepper spray." Bobby sat up. "Whoa, and she might be taking up southern belle stripping."

Rogue: Rogue's grin got wicked and she hiked her skirt up well beyond 'southern belle' and stepped as close to Ginny as she could. "How's that f'r ya Holmes?"

Lorna_: "Are we about to see Scarlett O'Hara in Dirty Dancing?"

SinJin: "I like!" He got as close as he could and began dancing, glad her arms were full so she couldn't swing them around. He was brilliant.

Rogue: Rogue grinned and started dancing with him, laughing as people started making a train behind both of them. "We got fans."

SinJin: "So I see." He wiggled his butt a bit.

Bobby: "They doing the conga? Well, we might have to join that. On the end, anyways." Bobby reached over to Lorna's shotglass and licked it.

Rogue: Rogue laughed and shimmied against Ginny. She had forgotten what it was like to have fun.

Lorna: "Hey, watch where you put your tongue." Lorna snorted at what she said. "Yes, congaaaa!"

Bobby: "That's not what you said last night..." He had to laugh too, and laugh harder at the snort. "Dirty conga! Shall we?" Bobby started to get up.

SinJin: He neatly dodged a swathe of skin and continued on, breaking off from the line and spinning her, jumping back toget out of the way of her dress.

Lorna: "Well, I want you to have good aim, that's all." She tried to excuse herself, nodding as she stood up.

Bobby: "My aim is impeccable," he Conneried, unslinging his harpoon to demonstrate on his way to the floor.

Rogue: Rogue squealed as he spun her, not really expecting it, but it was good. She bumped into someone and swayed as they touched, not having expected the rush. Rogue took a breath and shook her head as she stepped back into Ginny.

Lorna: That just made Lorna snort harder, holdong onto him as they made their way to the line.

SinJin: He frowned slightly. Right. No spinning. He pulled her in closely, maneuvering her to a slightly less crowded spot on the floor.

Bobby: Bobby stopped short when the girl closest to Rogue seemed to fall into her date. Um...

Lorna: "...I really hope she just had too much to drink."

Bobby: "Yeeeah, me too. Okay, maybe not the end of the line?" Bobby ramped his grin back up and did his best Bond strut over to them, leveling his harpoon gun at Rogue and Ginny. "Seen any sharks?" he whistled. "In bikinis, by chance?"

Rogue: Rogue looked over at Bobby and grinned like a fool. "Ah've not had this much fun in Ah don't know how long. Sam woulda loved it here."

SinJin: "Yes, I saw a shark, and sadly not in a bikini." He pulled Rogue in to the left as someone not quite steady on their feet nearly crashed into her.

Rogue: Rogue let Ginny pull her where he wanted and she wrapped one arm around his waist, the other still holding up her massive skirt.

Lorna: "Yeah, looks like you're having a ball."

Lorna: Lorna was far too amused by herself.

Bobby: "Good, Doll! How you feelin'?" He gave Ginny a grateful look and tried to take up a position himself to block her from the crowd.

Rogue: Rogue gave Bobby a look like he was crazy. "Didn't Ah just say Ah was havin' fun? Ah feel great."

Bobby: He shrugged and holstered his harpoon, turning to dance with his fantastically sarcastic wifey. "We'll just say she was drunk," he nodded.

SinJin: "Yes you do!" He gave Rogue a squeeze. "You're the prettiest girl here," he said, giving her a smile.

Rogue: Rogue laughed and beamed up at Ginny, "Thank ya, sugah. An' y'all're mighty handsome if Ah do say so mahself." She put a bit of her Belle character into complimenting him by ducking her head and letting herself blush a faint bit.

SinJin: "Playing the fair maid, tonight?"

Rogue: "Sugah, Ah don't know what y'all're talkin' 'bout. Ah never play that role," she fluttered her eyelashes and gave him a grin to let him know she was teasing.

SinJin: "Oh, me either." He tipped his hat back a bit, and subtle tracked her against Bobby and Lorna, keeping them a good buffer between Rogue and other people.

Rogue: Rogue smirked and turned around to put her back to him as she danced, "'Course not, darlin'."

Bobby: Rogue's turn put her close to him, her skirt-holding hand brushing his sleeve, far too close to his skin.

SinJin: He hoped she wasn't going to suggest they went for a roll in the hay or something equally country. He smiled wanly, glad he was covered feet to cravat. He danced with renewed effort, still boggling at the dress - it was rather a nuisance.

Rogue: Rogue held a hand out to Lorna, "C'mon gal! Dance with me!"

Lorna: "She'll wake up with one hell of a hangover." Lorna muttered to Bobby, but going to hope the same thing. "Dance, huh? Are you going to do the hula with those hoops?"

Rogue: "Just might. Y'all gonna join me?"

Bobby: "Hey we're joining!" Bobby gave Lorna a spin for emphasis. A spin away from Roguey.

SinJin: Ginny glared at bobby - was he expected to risk his life all night babysitting Rogue?

Rogue: "Ah meant if Ah hula'd, Bugsy," she smirked and rolled her eyes.

Lorna: "I'm sure we can hula." Hula required space!

Bobby: "Hula like Uhura." Bobby just nodded, trying to figure out how the fuck they were supposed to do that.

Rogue: "Like who?" Rogue arched an eyebrow in confusion.

SinJin: Ginny wiggled his hips. "I went to Hawaii once - I enjoyed the class, but was fairly bad at it."

SinJin: "You don't know who UHURA is?" He put a hand over his heart and staggered back a step.

Rogue: Rogue bit her lip and shrugged, "No? Should Ah say sorry?" She backed a step away from them also.

Lorna: "Oh, Rogue, you just depressed all three of us. I need another drink."

SinJin: "Oh, sweetie, you're gonna watch Star Trek when we get home."

Bobby: "I failed in my training..." He hung his head a bit.

Rogue: Rogue frowned, "Hey, y'all were trainin' me on Buffy! An' Ah still don't get that, so maybe ya did fail... But Ah understand Star Wars, kinda..." Rogue turned as a Han Salo hip bumped her with a grin. "See? Ah know who he's supposed ta be!"

SinJin: Ginny didn't know whether to reprimand her on mixing up Trek and Wars, but the guy was getting too close - he looked at Bobby helplessly - he was too far away!

Bobby: "That's right, babe, but that might be 'cause I was him two years ago and told you like six times who I was." He caught the expression from Ginny and moved in. "Come on, my dear," the accent was back on now as he offered his arm, hand conveniently hidden in his sleeve. "Let's have another martini before the hulaing."

Rogue: "But Ah do know! An' Ah know who Leia is... An' Yoda. An' tha lil Ewoks're so cute!" She grinned back at Han who grabbed her hand at the same time she made a move for Bobby's arm.

SinJin: Ginny leapt for Han and sort of wedged in between them, knocking his hand away. "She's spoken for, move along, nerf-herder."

Bobby: Unfortunately, the nerf herder had already had a dose of Rogue and Bobby had to catch him. "Whoa, there, dude! One too many pan-galactic gargle blasters!" He made wide eyes to the others.

Rogue: Rogue blinked at Ginny, "Sam's dead." Her eyes went a little wide and she slapped Han, "No ya cannot play under mah skirt!"

Bobby: Bobby made a shocked and annoyed sound and dragged the idiot out of range. "What the hell?!"

SinJin: Ginny felt his face go red - he hadn’t meant to bring up Sam! "I mean you were with us, Rogue."

Rogue: Rogue just blinked at him again, "Oh. Drinks?"

SinJin: "Yes!" Ginny held out his arm for Rogue to take. "My dear?"

Lorna: "Yes, drinks!" Away from a crowded dance floor. "And...let's get Han some coffee or something?"

Rogue: Rogue shrugged, "Ok."

Bobby: Bobby gave Rogue another look and hefted the woozy guy up, slinging his limp arm over his shoulders and asking him if he could walk. He made for the far end of the bar.

Rogue: Rogue frowned, confused at the look and glanced at Lorna and Ginny, "Is he mad at me?"

SinJin: "I wouldn't think so. What are you having? I'm going for a seabreeze. Or maybe a sidecar. What do you think, Rogue?" He asked, trying to distract her. He threw in his most charming smile.

Rogue: Rogue thought about it, "Y'all get one, Ah'll get tha other an' we can share?"

SinJin: "Sounds good."

Bobby: Coffee ordered and Han propped up with assurances that his Jack and Coke must have just been more Jack than Coke, Bobby returned, ordering his own shot and downing it. He ordered another.

Rogue: Rogue blinked at Bobby and frowned again, "Bugsy?"

SinJin: Ginny resisted kicking him - it was his birthday, after all. If only Rogue were covered up!

Bobby: He pressed his thumb and forefinger into the corners of his eyes and turned to Rogue. She looked... honestly confused, which just confused him more.

Bobby: "Dollface, why don't we go walkies and have a little chat?" He waved at the other end of the bar, opposite Han.

Rogue: Rogue looked down where he was gesturing and looked back at Lorna and Ginny, "Order me a drink?" She stood and waited for Bobby to lead.

Bobby: Bobby took his shot and headed for the empty end of the bar. "Sit, babe." He pointed and sat himself, then sighed and lightened his tone slightly. "Please?"

Rogue: Rogue frowned and sat, wondering why he was upset with her. She didn't want to say anything, feeling much like a much younger sister getting reprimanded by the cool older brother. It just didn't work that way...

Lorna: Lorna was all about the drinks, herself. If Rogue was drunker they could just get her to the car and have her sleep it off eventually. One had to make sure the bomb was safely encased though so...drinks!

Bobby: "Do you have your gloves with you?" He figured that was a good way to start at least.

Rogue: "No. They don't go with tha costume." She waved her left hand with a smile as the ring caught the light, "An' this is too pretty ta be hidden."

SinJin: Ginny indicated the sidecar was to go to Rogue, and the bartender left him his seabreeze. He leant in towards Lora. "Ok - what the hell is up with her? I understand Sam is gone, but I've never seen her like this or remember her this reckless outside of the school."

Rogue: Rogue gave the bartender a bright smile as her drink was set down in front of her and she blew Ginny a kiss down the bar.

Bobby: "Ooookay." Well, shit. He waited for the bartender to give her the drink and then leaned in closer. "Anna. Please. You've touched two people we've seen. Why?"

Rogue: "Ah have not. They've touched me."

Lorna: "And this doesn't come off as an 'oh dear' because?"

Bobby: "Well, the end result is the same." He pointed to Han, still drooling in his coffee.

Rogue: Rogue frowned over at him, "He thought Ah was a floozie. He got what was comin' ta him."

Bobby: He managed to close his mouth. "And that chick who just brushed you on the dance floor? She had it coming?"

Rogue: "No. But she's ok."

Bobby: "But what if she hadn't been? It's not her fault that there's a deadly weapon on the dance floor. But it is your responsibility to make sure you don't endanger these people."

Rogue: Rogue shrugged, "Ain't a big deal, Bugs. They're alright. 'Sides both y'all an' Sam really wanted me ta control mah powers. Cain't do it if Ah hide, right?"

Bobby: "You can't just practice on the unsuspecting!" Now he was getting actually annoyed instead of confused.

Rogue: Rogue blinked and leaned away from him a bit as he yelled at her. "Ah ain't!" She frowned at him. "Ah ain't touchin' nobody on purpose."

SinJin: He looked up to watch Bobby and Rogue - neither of them looked happy. Uh- Oh.

Bobby: "No, but you're not even trying to not touch them!"

Rogue: "So?"

Lorna: "I have absolutely no idea what is up." She shook her head, suddenly much more sober than she had been leading people to believe. "Whatever it is is going to be trouble."

SinJin: "Should we go over there and diffuse it?"

Bobby: "So?! Where were you for the first part of this conversation?" He was getting pissed, and clearly she wasn't going to stop, so there was only one way to put an end to this before anybody else got hurt. "Okay, we need to go home." Bobby iced his hand and took her arm to pull her up.

SinJin: "Oh bugger." He hopped off the barstool and headed over, trying to push as many people away as he could as he went.

Lorna: "And time to move." Lorna crowded around, making sure to do her best to clear the way as well.

Rogue: Rogue hissed at the cold and let him pull her up, "Hey! Leggo, Bobby."

Bobby: He did let go once she was up, but he put his arm securely around her shoulders. "C'mon, we really need to go."

Rogue: Rogue frowned, "An' if Ah say no?"

Bobby: "Just don't, please. This place is packed. Please, let's just go." He was still angry, but her tone also made him slightly apprehensive.

Rogue: Rogue sighed and looked down at her ring as she crossed her arms. "Ah bought ya a cake," she said weakly in effort to placate him and let him know she would go.

SinJin: Ginny slowed down - it looked as if it wasn't going to blow. He hung back, bouncing on the balls of his feet, ready to sprint in.

Bobby: "Well... thank you." He looked up and saw Ginny and Lorna, looking rather in battle mode, and made a shrugging face.

Rogue: "Ah hope ya like it... Ah ain't never bought one b'fore so ain't sure o' tha quality..." She sighed as they caught up to Ginny and Lorna. "How was tha drink?"

SinJin: "It was good." He had enough seabreezes to know they were, at least. "Yours?"

Rogue: "Good... Didn't get more'n a sip in though," she glanced back at Bobby and bit her lip before turning away again. He was really upset with her. It wasn't her fault!

Bobby: "I'll raid Chuck's liquor cabinet and make you another one." She looked all sheepish now, and he felt somewhat bad. But not that bad. Drooling Han, after all. "We're going home, guys."

Lorna: "Sounds like a plan." Lorna agreed with that.

Rogue: Rogue glared at Han as they passed and smacked his arm for the hell of it. She was not a slut. And if he hadn't thought so, she and Bobby wouldn't be fighting on his birthday.

SinJin: "We can really party it up - Trek style!"

[Edited on 7/24/2010 by Esynthia]
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone