8/1 Instance: Cheat Sheet

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

8/1 Instance: Cheat Sheet

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after The Decimation

Monet: Monet sighed and put her hand on a wall that was solid as the floor shifted beneath her. That kid really needed to be taught another lesson. It turned into a slope and she let out a sound of surprise as she fell. Monet hit her head on a banister as it came up to meet her and she yelped in pain. What the hell?! She pushed to stand again and slowly made her way towards her room.

Jason: Jason wasn't far behind, coming up from the stairs and down the hall. The stairs had been an...event and liked to be a slide and move but he had made it eventually. He looked up, seeing she was there and made his way over.

Monet: Monet tripped over some of the floor and cursed under her breath, figuring flying would be better. She pushed to lift off and couldn't. Oh Dieu... She tried again and nothing. Her hands went to her neck automatically and found nothing, but her chest was still tight. She saw someone out of the corner of her eye and she jumped a bit, backing away until she realized it was Jason.

Jason: Jason stepped back, but then realized he was what startled her and looked a bit sheepish. He gave a pointed look to the swirling walls and the fact that he was pretty sure he was seeing an ant eater at the end of the hall.

Monet: Monet frowned at him, why wasn't he talking? She reached out for him, letting her need for a bit of comfort outweigh her pride. She looked around them and frowned, "Kevin? What does he have to do with anything?"

Jason: "Noo, idea, walked ri't in da middle of tings." Oh where was a solid wall? He wanted to bash his head in for the drawn out vowels alone. "He an' Rogue were fi'htin and den we get dis." Nooo, how had it gotten thicker?

Monet: Monet just stared at him. Kevin was messing with his voice? No, he had said he illusioned to cover up his accent... She giggled a little, glad for the tension release as she clung to his hand. Monet took a breath and frowned again after a moment, "Ok. So, Kevin's done something to our powers?" Mon Dieu. She swallowed hard. And there was the panicky feeling again.

Jason: "Ta ev'ryones, den went fook knows where." Jason just gave up as he heard the giggle. "An if Ai cann't talk straigh ya'll hafta live widou'" he paused there and forced himself to attempt that word again as he was sure at this point his speaking was an actual impediment. "With. Out. ya color-codeed chea'sheed 'till dis is figured oout." He said it in a light teasing manner, attempting to get her to not panic as he could feel it in her hand clinging to him.

Monet: Every time she had been without her powers, bad things had happened to her. Her eyes were a bit wider than normal but she forced herself to smirk, albeit half-heartedly, "I can deal without it. I know you well enough to not need a cheat sheet." The floor dipped under them and she let out a squeal of surprise, "I don't want to be here anymore."

Jason: "We cen garage." he stopped and tried that sentence again. "We can go to da garage. See 'bout gedding ta toown?" At least he hoped something down there still was a car instead of whatever it was Kevin realized to be as a parting shot.

Monet: Monet nodded, "Anywhere but here." She started making her way slowly to the stairs, still clinging to Jason's hand. "...Where did the stairs go?"

Jason: "Dey do that now." Jason admitted, pulling a face as he looked for the stairs.

Monet: Monet pointed down the hall, "There they are. Should we try to catch them or wait here for them to come back?" Ugh, she was starting to get antsy.

Jason: "No predicting da stairs." Jason lead her quickly towards them.

Monet: Monet followed and started heading down the stairs just as they were starting to shift again and she nearly toppled over, grabbing the railing to catch her balance. "Dieu, this place is a mad house."

Jason: "Not gon' argue." Jason grabbed onto the railing ahead of her, going down rail by rail.

Jason's hand again, making her way to the garage. Her whole body was tingling with the want to fly and that just added to her panic that she couldn't.

Jason: "Almos dere." He promised, dodging the side table skittering about for the door and leading the way to the garage, Monet's hand back in tow.

Monet: Monet followed him through the door into the garage and immediately halted. "Elephants? Really?!" She looked around for a car that would work. "I don't care what we take, but if we find something and it runs, you're driving." She let out a surprised sound as Cessily's scooter shifted into a huge tank.

Jason: "I doan't tink we can drive a tank in town." Jason backed away from said tank just in case it would start firing. "Dere" That was...was that the A-Team van?

Monet: Monet started pushing him towards it, "It looks good. We should take it before it changes."

Jason: Jason only wished he could say 'I pity da foo' without sounding more ridiculous than he intended to. He made a quick leap for the driver's seat, trying not to wonder what would happen if it started to shift while they were in there.

Monet: Monet climbed into the passenger seat and smacked the button to raise the garage door as she held onto the rollbars. "Go, Jason. Please go."

Jason: Jason didn't need to be told twice, flooring it.

Monet: Monet was slammed back into her seat and she closed her eyes until they were off school grounds, feeling the familiar bump of moving from the driveway to the road. "Dieu."

Jason: "Ya." Jason mumbled, slowing down once they were on the road.

Monet: Monet put her hand on his thigh and gripped the fabric of his pants as she took in a shuddering breath. "Let's go somewhere quiet where we can talk. I don't care where. Just not inside anywhere."

Jason: "Not a problem." Jason nodded, taking a deep breath and heading towards the outskirts of town.

Monet: Monet nodded and leaned back in the seat, deathgrip still on his pants as she closed her eyes and tried to think about anything but Marcus. Why did she keep coming across loonies when she had no powers?

Jason: Jason nodded, sighing and leaning back in his seat. "Ai know. More'n a bid unnerving."

Monet: "That I'm scared?" she arched an eyebrow trying to relax a bit.

Jason: Jason shrugged and nodded, that two. "Meant da whole bus'ness but ya." It was a bit unnerving after all.

Monet: "Oui. And I'm not sure how long I can take your 'normal' accent. I might have to give you diction and pronunciation lessons." Good. Banter was good.

Jason: Jason gave her a very flat look at that.

Monet: Monet frowned. "You're supposed to have some witty comeback. That's how banter works."

Jason: "This is da accent afder lessons."

Monet: "You've not worked with me yet, cher." She pointed to a park that was slightly pushed back from the road, "There. Let's go there."

Jason: "So I'll saound like a bigger idiot mixin yer accent wid mine, eh?"

Jason: He turned into the park though, turning the engine off and relaxing better.

Monet: Monet climbed from her seat to sit in his lap, burying her face in his neck. "I can't feel you in my head. Do you realize how odd that is for me?"

Jason: "It is disconcerting." He admitted, folding his arm around her.

Monet: "I hear nothing but static and my own thoughts. I hate it." She pulled her arms into herself and kissed his neck to make herself feel better. "The only times I've not had my powers, I've been in very dangerous and very scary situations that I could not do anything about. And I feel like this time, it was partly my fault. I'm sorry."

Jason: Jason didn't quite know what to say there. It would probably be an out and out lie to deny her as a cause, after all so he gave in and kept her there for comfort. "Ya are goin be fine dis time. Not alone, surely he cann't keep dis up forever."

Monet: "The only reason I was alone the second time was because you had to go to Egypt without telling anyone," of course she wasn't still bitter about that... Never. She took a breath, "Are you alright? He didn't hurt you did he?" She sat up sharply at the thought and started to look him over.

Jason: "Fine, fine, I'm fine." Jason pushed that worry away, looking a bit amused. "Ya know da one thin' I'm good at's keeping my skin intact." He had to hide the eyeroll about the Egypt mention though...not as successful as he usually would have been able to.

Monet: "That's true," she grinned. "I never thought I would be glad you're a coward." She gave him a kiss and laid her head back on his shoulder. "What are you thinking right now?" Monet watched the air where his aura normally would have been and frowned. Maybe she wasn't ok without her cheatsheet...

Jason: "...'m wondering wheer I can get a voice synthesizer in a hurry." Jason was probably thinking of more things but that was what he felt like sharing anyway.

Monet: "Oh." That likely wouldn't have even made a waver in his aura so that was less than helpful. "I'm sure once I get used to it, it won't be so bad. But it did catch me off guard."

Jason: "Id ruins my persona an' clearly marks me as a hick. I' mus' die."

Monet: Monet smirked and snuggled into him, "You're too smart to be a hick, darling. And you have much better fashion sense."

Jason: "'ve drank beer outta a coffin doublin as a cooler at a wake."

Monet: "You can't help the fact that your parents own a funeral home, cher." She sat up and ran her hands through his hair, "Merci. I feel better now. For the most part." She gave him a glare, "And if you tell anyone how I reacted, I'll figure out some way to torture you."

Jason: "I don' wand my balls carved oout."

Monet: Monet grinned, "I don't either." She gave him a kiss and pulled back with a sigh. "I don't want to go back there... I could get a suite for us at the Ritz Carlton in the city."

Jason: "Da coward inme says ya." She would hear no argument.

Monet: "And since you don't have a brave bone in your body, I'm going to take that as a whole answer of yes and that you have no debate about it," she smirked.

Jason: "Oh 'rusd me, Ai was doone talking."

Monet: "I'll never trust you with my life, cher, but I do feel more comfortable now. Merci for helping me 'be a coward'." A car pulled up into the parking lot and a family got out, toting balls and a puppy and she just watched them for a moment. "I don't want to be around people if I can't read them. It's frustrating."

Jason: Jason started what still appeared to be the A-Team van. "Den let's leave."

Monet: Monet climbed back into the passenger's seat. "They say things happen in threes, oui? After this, I should be able to keep my powers. Or I would hope, at least."

Jason: "One can never be certain." Jason shrugged. "But we'll hope."

Monet: "Look at us, trying to stay positive. I wish we had a video camera to record it."

Jason: "Da only thin I cann't stan' more'n talking like dis is havin it recorded."

Monet: Monet snickered, "Then we'll have to reenact this when Kevin stops playing games."

Jason: "I don'd fool recordings." Jason pointed out, which he would probably come to regret later on.

Monet: "Then that is even more reason for me to either teach you proper speech or hire the best dialect coach for you."