8/6 Instance: It's a Tree!

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

8/6 Instance: It's a Tree!

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: during the week of craziness

Urich: Urich got to the gate and was unsurprised to see it locked this time around. "Seems like they learned their lesson." He looked around for someone to open the gate for him. "Hello!?" He called out. "Newsreporter Ben Urich, looking for Alex or Pietro!"

Alex: Alex had managed to make his way through the fun house-like school and through the front yard without being attacked by anything, which he found impressive given the past few days. He was planning on making his way into the town to escape the craziness for a bit but ended up rolling his eyes at the reporter at the gate.

Alex: Sighing, he unlocked it and slipped out, eyeing the guy, "Can I help you?"

Urich: "Oh! Alex!" Urich smiled brightly. "I am so glad you're here! How convenient! I was wondering if either of you had time to think about the-" He stopped. "Is that tree... purple?" He asked pointing.

Alex: He looked over to the tree in question and gave a shrug, "Looks like it. That, or we're both insane."

Urich: "Uhhh..." Urich tried to think of what in the heck a tree was doing all purple and what-not, but then he remembered where he was. "Oh, Right!" So, any ideas about how I can pan this article for your friend?" He couldn't keep his eyes off the tree.

Alex: "Um, not really," Alex shook his head, "It hasn't really been my first concern lately."

Urich: Urich felt an overwhelming need to press for an explanation as to what is more important (they're mutants! They must have so many great stories!) but he knew to stay on target. "Okay, so would you mind if I just printed a history of her up to her mutation, and keep the rest as a vague, unassuming, mish-mash of various anonymous sources citing her throughout her travels?" He winked.

Urich: "It's called spin, it's not complete fact, but enough of the fact is in there to call it such."

Alex: He blinked and shrugged, "I don't know. What exactly are you planning on keeping vague and unassuming?"

Urich: "Where she went to school, who she met, what she did. Essentially, it would just be fact being played of hearsay. An opposite of my norm." He shot him another wink.

Alex: "Well, I'm pretty sure where should be left out. As for who she met and what she did, go for it, I guess..." Alex wasn't really sure what to tell the guy, "You'd probably be better off discussing this with Pietro."

Urich: "You seem very unsure of yourself. Perhaps you would like an article sometime, to boost your self-esteem?" He nudged Alex. "I saw what you can do, it's quite amazing."

Alex: "I'm fine. I'd rather not be featured as the freakshow of the city, not that it really matters now. I can't do anything," he shook his head again and stepped back to prevent more nudging.

Urich: "What are you talking about, you were shooting hyper-beams or something out of your arms not a week ago!"

Alex: "Well, now I'm not..." Alex said simply, then added, "No one else can really do anything anymore either."

Urich: "What?! Not anyone!?" he pulled at his face in angst and sadness. "No! But... this wonderful school! So many great stories!"

Alex: "Nope, not anyone," he replied, chewing on his lip as he watched the guy's overdramatic reaction.

Urich: Urich wanted to crumple to his knees but he held himself together. "That's... horrible. I am so sorry Alex! If there's anything I can do- I mean granted, there's not a lot I can do... but you know the power of the pen!-" He stopped himself. "Well let's face it, an article about this won't help any of you. I am so sorry!"

Alex: "No, no... It's okay. You don't have to do anything," Alex said, wondering how much longer this was going to take. It was cutting into what little fun time he actually had.

Alex: Fun being actual fun and not crazy fun, that is.

Urich: "Alright... well... Mr. Summers," Urich placed his hand out for a shake. "I'll leave the issue at your doorstep, before it goes to final print." He stated plainly.

Alex: "We'll look it over and give you a call," he replied, taking the hand and shaking with a slight smile.