8/10 Instance: Cakey Goodness

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

8/10 Instance: Cakey Goodness

Post by puppygirl »

[Timeline: Couple of days after the game 'Mud Pies and Piggy Pudding']

Angelo sighed, giving up again his fit of kicking and screaming inside the closet. Who'd have thought it'd be so sturdy? Being human again wasn't all it was cracked up to be when being attaced by furnature. He decided to curl over again, looking at the cake; round with a biohazard symbol upon it in icing. Damn he was hungry...

But he resisted the temptation to eat it. Impossible as it was becoming to carry on without sustinance. He kicked the door a few times again. Angelo Fortunato was not going to be killed by a canibalistic closet.

Adam trundled down the corridor, humming 'Still Alive' out of tune as he did, Bit on his shoulder. Now that the craziness had mostly abated, he was trying - on Dai's advice - to get used to being...well, slow. And clumsy. He hated tripping over his own feet or walking into walls, damnit it-

-Waaaaaait. There were noises coming from the cupboard he was passing. Adam paused, leg in the air, before backing up to it and giving it a very suspicious glare.

"Is there anyone out there?! Seriously! Is this thing soundproof?!", Angelo all but roared, still kicking the door. "It's Angelo! Can somebody open this damned thing?!"

Adam blinked at the door, before poking it, narrowing his eyes. "Animal, mineral or vegetable?" He muttered. "You got turned into a door, Angelo?"

"I'm IN the freakin' Closet, Adam!!!", he replied.

"Well, I already knew that, sweetheart. Glad you finally admitted it to yourself." Adam realised he was petting the door, trying to get the same feeling that he was used to - fuck it. This was why he wasn't wearing his gloves any more. He giggled nervously before pulling it open easily.

Angelo fell out of the closet, taking a deep breath and blinking in the sunlight. "Oh, God....that was horrible.", he turned around on the floor and looked up at Adam. "Took your damned time, huh?", he sighed, lying down on his back. To hell with standing up.

"Well...I've been otherwise occupied." Adam brushed black hair out of his face, blond roots showing through. "You know, catatonic, having gibberfits..." Bit glared malevolently from his master's shoulder, nose twitching at Angelo. "Oh, and the line came to liffe and tried to strangle me. Luckily I'd taken matters into my own hands and had a pair of kitchen knives to hand. Er. Just don't put your hand near my stuff for a while."

"...So how are you, Angelo?" There was something decidedly manic in Adam's now blue-grey eyes.

Angelo looked at Adam, somewhat worried about him. "I'm alright, extremely hungry. And now I'm debating ever using that closet again...", he stood up slowly, dusting himself off. "In fact, after I get my clothes outta there, I'm turning it into fire-wood..."

Angelo glanced at the cake in the closet. "Ah...ha. That's....well, for you."

Adam saw the cake, and stopped, staring at it. "...F-for me?" He switched his stare to Angelo. "...But...why?"

Angelo shook his head with a grin. "Because we're friends? And because I was....you know, innocently going through things and found out it was your birthday..."

"So, best thing to do - I went out to a nearby cake shop and gave them $70 to custom bake a cake for me, I also decided to ask beforehand; I was gonna order you something goth-esque, so pick somethin' and I'll get it for you.", Angelo smiled. "Your birthday time has sucked thus-far, so I want to make it up to you..."

"I...you...you did that? F-for me?" Adam stared at Angelo. "But..." He blinked, shaking his head, Bit snuggling up to the side of his head. "I-I...thank you...?"

With a huge smile, Angelo shrugged. "I know losing your powers sucked but...well, at least you can eat it..."

"...I can taste it now too." Adam smiled, slowly, leaning down to pick up the cake. "...I haven't had cake since I was twelve, I think." Oh man, it was chocolate cake too, from what he could tell. "Do you...I mean...would you...like a piece?" He asked almost shyly.

Angelo nodded, though not too enthusiastically. "Yeah, was really starved in there...", he grinned, glaring back at the closet.

"Should've screamed louder." Adam pulled himself back on track, staring at the biohazard cake in his hands before setting it down - otherwise he was going to drop it. "Thank you...for not eating it, too." He pulled out one of the kitchen knives he'd lifted to replace the ones that should have been in his arms. "Um...so...you're depowered too?"

Angelo nodded. "Yeah, still not sure whether it's a good thing...I mean...", he sat down on his own bed, somewhat cautiously. "...I should be able to get my life back, right?"

"Are you kidding? I hate being normal." Adam stuck the knife in the centre of the cake and glared at it. "I hate being near-blind and stupid and slow. Fuck it, I was just starting to like what I could do - after six fucking years of praying for it to go-" He cut himself off with a deep breath, letting Bit tumble onto the bed where he lay, begging tummy rubs. "Sorry. Big piece or little?"

Angelo looked up at Adam, a little saddened that he seemed so upset. "...uh...'Big-ish'?"

"Big then." Adam cut the slice, handing it to Angelo, doing a much smaller one for himself. He still hadn't got used to the idea of actually tasting things properly yet. "Sorry...I-I just...I'm not happy like this. It scares me. I'm used to being better than this."

"Yeah, I understand.", Angelo said sympathetically. "It's harder for you, I suppose; I've done nothing but try and make mine go away - I wanna get my life back but..."

Angelo stopped, sighing. "They wouldn't accept me back, would they?"

"Of course not." Adam sat on his bed, cross-legged like a skinny gothic buddah. "It'd be like me trying to waltz back to Ireland and get the system to accept me again." He nibbled the slice, other hand scritching Bit's stomach to happy leg-kicks. "This is good cake."

Angelo smirked a little. "Glad you like it; Chocolate sponge, jam, icing, just the basics really..."

"Like I said, I haven't had cake in six years. And never for my birthday." Adam smiled at him a little shyly. "Guess that's the good part of losing my me-ness. I can eat normally."

"Silver linings, huh?", Angelo said to him. "I'm kinda glad you can enjoy it like this....though it's shit you lost your powers..."

Adam reached over to poke him with the cakey knife. "Silver linings keep me sane, though rusted linings might be closer considering." He licked the knife clean and stuck it point-first into his bedside table.

"Let's not anger the furnature again, huh?", Angelo joked.

"I'll kick it to pieces if it tries. I might not have strength any more but I got a lot of pent up rage, in case you haven't noticed." Adam shot Angelo a smile, taking another bite. "Hope no one minds that I stole the knives. I just feel..." He shrugged. "You know?"

Angelo nodded, feeling a sting of sadness. That's right, no more arm blades for either of them.

"Adam?", Angelo asked. "What do we do now? C-can we even still stay here?"

"Oh yeah." Adam nodded enthusiastically, swallowing his mouthful. "I talked to Mrs Drake - she's lost her powers too, same with Mr Drake - and she said that all the ones who're normal can stay here, even if...if it's...you know, not fixed." He looked at the knife. "She said this is our home, and we weren't going to be thrown out just because we're not mutants any more."

"Oh, thank God.", Angelo breathed out.

"...do you think we'll get them back? Our powers, I mean...", Angelo added.

Adam looked at his cake, suddenly not hungry. "...I don't know. I thought Kevin and me were friends, but obviously not...so I don't know if this is just a joke and he'll make it better o-or..." He didn't even want to consider it. "I-I wanna stay optomistic though. I-I mean, we've got to get better, right?"

"Perseverance is what we're best at.", Angelo nodded. "God provides. I know that.", he held his rosary tightly.

"Preaching to the choir." Adam smiled, nodding to his own rosary on his pillow, Bit asleep beside it. "Guess we just have to keep praying, huh." He looked at his cake again, feeling happy for the first time since everything had happened. "In the mean time, cake."

[Edited on 10/8/2010 by puppygirl]
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"