8/16 Instance: Ass Under Fire

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

8/16 Instance: Ass Under Fire

Post by Ferguson »

Timeline: A day or two after Game: Mud Pies and Piggy Pudding

Monet: Monet got out of the former A-Team jeep and looked around cautiously, "It looks... Normal."

Jason: "Tings aren't too baid anyways. Ai've not seen da drees moving and Ai can kick a gnome freely naow." Jason got out behind her, grabbing the bags and leading the way in.

Monet: Monet followed him slowly, eyes still on their surroundings. She couldn't hear if things were sneaking up on her anymore and it was highly unsettling. "I wouldn't recommend it. You could still hurt your toe if you're not wearing proper shoes for kicking ceramic lawn ornaments."

Jason: "Ai've learned ta be prepared." He countered, pulling a face as he held the door. "Da flamingos cain reach higher."

Monet: Monet entered the house and headed towards the stairs, carefully stepping on the bottom step as she waited for them to move. "Bien. Things aren't moving. I like this." She headed up to her room, making sure not to get too far ahead of Jason. He had become slightly like a security blanket for her over the past week without her powers. She hated it.

Jason: "Ai'm a big fan of tings dat should be still being still. Da Weeping Angels freak me out." He shrugged and let her take her time coming in. "Straight up ta da room or would ja like someting ta eat?"

Monet: "I'd like to put our bags in the rooms at least. Are you hungry, mon cher?"

Jason: "A bit." Jason decided, still heading up to drop the bags off.

Monet: Monet opened her door and arched an eyebrow at the mussed sheets on the opposite bed. "I really should hire that girl a maid." She took her bags from Jason and set them in her closet. "To your room now? Or would you rather leave your bags in here for now?"

Jason: "I tnk dey'll be safe 'nough in here fer now." Jason shrugged, setting his things down as well.

Monet: Monet slid her hand into his once it was free, needing some comfort but thankful it wasn't as much as the day their powers had gotten stripped. "Would you rather go out for food or order in?"

Jason: Jason looked to the pantry. No, he wasn't ready to try that again. "Let's just order in." He dug his cell phone out with his free hand. "What would ya like?"

Monet: "Greek." She led him back down the stairs to sit on the sofa. "Do you have a place programmed in your phone or shall I give you a number?"

Jason: "Ai tink Ai have all da usual take out places memorized by now. Ya know my desire ta neever cook again." He keyed in the place. "Usual?"

Monet: "But I do so love it when you make me breakfast," she smirked and got comfortable against his side. "Oui. And add a side salad to mine, sil vous plait." She fished out her credit card and handed it to him so he could give the person the information.

Jason: "If Ai make a habit of it it wouln' be special." He countered before having to give the orders and the card information.

Monet: Monet tried to speak to him telepathically and made a small sound of protest when she couldn't. She pressed closer to his side and tried to ignore how insecure and unsettled she felt. When he paused she looked up at him, "Of course it would be. I always feel special when I can make a male do something for me."

Jason: He hung up the phone and looked over at her. "Ai su'ose it is pointless ta take offense at the word make, isn't it?"

Monet: "Oui." She took her card back and tucked it away again before slipping into his lap and reaching for the remote to turn on the television.

Monet: "I still cannot believe you came back here while all of that was going on. You're insane." She turned on the news and blinked at the security footage they were showing. "Darling? Why is that billboard smashed to bits? And why does that look like your ass on the edge of the picture?"

Jason: "...da fact dat ya caen recognize my ass from a fuzzy profile view really tells me ya enjoy looking at it more den Ai woulda expected. Ai didn't realize it was impressive at all."

Monet: "That doesn't answer my question, but I do enjoy your ass, yes." She listened to the report and turned to him after it was over with an arched eyebrow. "I also know those shoes. What happened?"

Jason: "Apparently running inta drunken angry southerners leads ta proper'y damage. I daught we might as well damage somedin worthwhile."

Monet: "Cher," her voice took on a slightly scolding tone. "That's not your place. And you should have given them coffee and a pat on the head. Not a sledgehammer."

Jason: "Oh come now, it was fun. Not as much fun as da spray paint but usin a sledgehammer is actually phys'cal labour I caen enjoy."

Monet: Monet frowned at him and crossed her arms, "You have no powers to protect you. That was not safe nor smart."

Jason: "My power isn't da most prodec'ive thing in da world as it is. Wouldn't be da first time Ai was caght anyway."

Monet: "Non, but it is something. And something is better than nothing." She muted the television and shifted to straddle his lap so she could properly face him. Although, now it was hard to frown and not feel silly. "You're lucky that I'm the only one who knows your ass and shoes that well."

Jason: "Ai'm imag'ng da wanted posters now. 'Have you seen dis ass and well-coordinated shoes? Wanted Dead or Well-Worn'." Teasing her probably wasn't the best thing but, damnit, it was fun. "Ai promise if dere's a next time Ai'll invite ya."

Monet: Monet narrowed her eyes and smacked him in the chest, "You are an idiot." Her face turned a bit less malice and more pouty, "You should. Leaving me in the hotel room while you have the fun outside of it was not your best idea."

Jason: "How was Ai supp'sda know Ai'd run inna southern culture on da warpath?"

Monet: "Who is it you're talking about exactly?"

Jason: "Rogue. Ai narrow'y escaped cerdain death."

Monet: "That backwoods hick? She's harmless." And then her eyes widened as a thought hit her. If she were in Rogue's shoes... Her eyes narrowed again, "Is beating the billboard the only thing you did with her?"

Jason: "Drank whiskey, fed da boddles ta a flyin' trash can."

Monet: She watched him skeptically for a moment, hating that she had no aura to go off of. "I hate this."

Jason: "Ya hate what?" He was confused as to what particular thing he had done wrong.

Monet: "I have to trust you."

Jason: "...Ai'm not dat untrustworthy."

Monet: "You should know by now that I don't trust a word that comes out of a male's mouth." She frowned harder, "And it's always nice to have a backup for if I am stupid enough to trust them." Monet smoothed her hands over the shoulders of his shirt. "You didn't sleep with her," she purposefully made it a statement more than a question.

Jason: "...why in da hell would Ai do dat?"

Monet: "Why wouldn't you?"

Jason: "The last thing I need in my life is to double up on aggressive, dominant women."

Monet: "Non, cher. The last thing you need in your life is to meet another wall. But at the moment, it would be difficult for me to do that with any sort of imposing strength, therefore, the perfect time to try some other flavours."

Jason: "It's so nice ta know how little ya tink of me."

Monet: "If I were in her shoes, I would go for every attractive male available to me."

Jason: "Well, 'parently she doesn't find me all dat attractive because it didn't even come up."

Monet: "Her loss then." Monet leaned in to give him a kiss and then sat back and glared, "Next time you had better call me."

Jason: "So ya can go take sledgehammers ta tings too?" He asked hopefully.

Monet: "Oui. And so I can make sure your ass is protected." She straightened his collar, "I do not enjoy being left alone so you can go gallivanting off with other women."

Jason: "Ai invited you." Jason's voice did not lend itself to innocent sounding at all

Monet: "Non. You most certainly did not."

Jason: "You didn't want to leave the hotel."

Monet: "I didn't want to come with you here, non. You did not ask me about going elsewhere."

Jason: "Well Ai didn' know Ai was going els'here until it was too late."

Monet: "Too late to call me?"

Jason: "And how would ya react ta being called go sledgehammering wid Rogue?"

Monet: "I might or might not have come out. But that's not the point. The point is you didn't see if I wanted to, thus leaving me alone in our hotel room for half the night."

Jason: "Which was completely your choice." He pointed out.

Monet: "...You not calling me was not completely my choice."

Jason: "You being 'lone in da hotel room for haf da night was."

Monet: "Non. Because I didn't realize there was another choice for me to have made. If you had called me and I decided not to go, then oui, it would have been my choice."

Jason: "Well it's too late now."

Monet: "Well now you know to call me next time." She ran her fingers down his chest and lost the glare in favor of a wicked smirk, "Or maybe I just won't let you out..."

Jason: He pretended to think for a moment. "I... like the sounds of that."

Monet: "Do you?" She leaned in to nip at his lower lip, still grinning. "I think maybe we should take that trip to the adult resort until your ass isn't news worthy anymore."

Jason: "You mean dere's a time when it's not?"

Monet: "Fine. When it's not being hunted by the local authorities, then."

Jason: "Ai do like your accuracy." Jason laughed. "And yes, dat sounds like a good plan."

Monet: Monet grinned at him, "Magnifique. It is a good thing we didn't unpack, oui?"

Jason: "Oui" Jason laughed, hearing the doorbell and going after the food.

Monet: Monet pulled out her phone while Jason went to the door and started calling the airlines and the hotels to make arrangements. She put the woman with the airline on hold when Jason came back in, "Would you prefer a flight tonight or in the morning?"

Jason: "Dat soon?" Jason arched an eyebrow at that. "I figured ya meant Thanksgiving."

Monet: "I did say 'until you're not being hunted by the local authorities,' yes? That would imply leaving as soon as possible and coming back later. Do you not want to go then?"

Jason: "Honestly, not sure, bit wary o' leavin', bit wary o' staying."

Monet: Monet frowned at him for a moment as she thought about what to do and finally told the woman to not book anything and hung up. "Well then we have a decision to make, cher." She reached out for him to hand her the food so she could set it out for them on the coffee table.

Jason: "Do ya really want ta run the risk of being 'way when everyone else gets fixed, don'tcha know?" He asked, giving over the food at the motion. "Because it would be my luck dat would be exactly what happened."

Monet: Monet set out the food and thought for a moment, "I honestly had not thought of that. All I was thinking was that I want to be as far away from anywhere dangerous when I'm not protected... A relaxing adults only hotel and spa seemed perfect."

Jason: "No argument at all, it would be perfect...Soon though, eh?"

Monet: She sighed and looked up at him, "I don't like this, Jason."

Jason: "Ai would be much more worried if ya actually did." He pulled a face as he imagined that.

Monet: "So do you think we have to stay here to get our powers back?"

Jason: "AI wouldn't have da faintest clue."

Monet: "So do you think spending the majority of our time elsewhere would be out of the question?"

Jason: "Monet, Ai don't know. Ai'm just saying it's a possible risk. When he did dis he 'fected dis area specifically, what's ta stop him from undoing it da same way?"

Monet: Monet narrowed her eyes, "It was just a question, Jason. And one that would have led somewhere had you not gotten like that." She picked up her salad and began to pour the dressing over it, working on ignoring him now.

Jason: "You can get pissy all you want but I'm not willing to say I know one way or the other."

Monet: "I was asking what you thought. Not what you knew."

Jason: "Ai am telling you what Ai tink. It's da same thing."

Monet: "Non. What people think and what they know are often two separate things. Regardless, what made me 'pissy' was your attitude with me, not what you would or would not tell me."

Jason: "Right now dey are da same thing. You're the one dats wheedling because she isn't getting her way."

Monet: "My 'way' would involve lots of sex and alcohol. I can get that anywhere."

Jason: "Den staying here will serve just well then."

Monet: Monet raised an eyebrow, "Oh? How so?"

Jason: "Ai assume dis is anywhere, eh?"

Monet: "Well I suppose Pietro will be around here somewhere and he's easy enough."

Jason: "Do ya really want ta play dat game 'gain?"

Monet: "Do you?"

Jason: "Not particularly, no, Ai was pretty bored with da first round ta be 'fectly honest."

Monet: "Then why offer the fact that this is 'anywhere'?"

Jason: "So dat we needn’t talk 'bout going elsewhere 'dil it is more prudent?"

Monet: "I don't want to be here surrounded by these people when I feel this way. Are you happy now?"

Jason: "Ai' sorry, did Ai do dis? No. Ai'm jus saying it's da bedder cautionary idea."

Monet: Monet set her salad down and crossed her arms as she glared at him, "Fine."

Jason: Jason arched an eyebrow at her, shook his head and leaned back in his seat to eat.

Monet: She pulled her legs up onto the couch and just stared out the window, having lost her appetite. "You don't suppose we'll be without powers forever, do you?"

Jason: "It's possible." He admitted. "Ai haven't quite let myself tink we will but still."

Monet: "I'm not quite sure what I'll do if we've lost them forever. Maybe try and kill the child with my bare hands."

Jason: "Dat really didn't woerk in our favour last time." He pointed out quietly.

Monet: "And your point would be? There would be no reason for me to not try it."

Jason: "Other than mutilation and death? I can't say as I'm a fan of mutilation and death."

Monet: "Who said you had to be present?"

Jason: "So ya're perfectly okay wid mutilation and death on your end, eh?"

Monet: "I never wanted to live to be old."

Jason: "Ai like ta tink of making it ta old age as winning life. If ya get past 100 it's a bonus round."

Monet: "What's the saying? Live fast, die young? I quite like the idea of that. Leaves behind a pretty corpse."

Jason: "Dat would depend entirely on how ya die. 'member, mutilation. In any case, don't go off and be an idiot, ya?"

Monet: "How else do you suggest I deal with him for doing this to us then? I'm open to suggestions." She smirked and leaned into him, letting her breath ghost over his ear, "Why not? Would you miss me if I died?"

Jason: "I'd be right pissed wid you if ya went and got yourself killed, ya." He was smirking though. "Ai tink yer presence would just set him off, ya know."

Monet: Monet grinned and pressed a kiss right below his ear, "It's possible. And it would be quite fun to haunt you, you know."

Jason: "Oh really now?" Jason was quite amused at that, putting his arm around her. "Noaw 'xac'ly how would spirit Monet go 'bout haunting me? Should Ai be worried? Ai tink ya've just given me another reason ta want ta keep you alive."

Monet: "Oh yes, you should be very worried, cher." She pressed another kiss a bit lower than the first. "I would never let you have sex again, first of all. I would scare away all potential lovers."

Jason_: "Do Ai least get kinky ghost sex? Dat actually sounds slightly unpleasant and really cold..." He made a face. "Now Ai must make sure Ai die 'fore you."

Monet: Monet pulled back enough to make a face at him, "That is an odd request, but at least you wouldn't be into necrophilia... If you tried to have sex with my dead body I would make life horribly unpleasant for you."

Jason_: "No offence but...yeah, not touching dat with a 10 foot pole." Jason's face crumbled into a cringe. "Dat's just...Ai wish ya'd never said dat."

Monet: Monet shrugged, "So then don't think about it." She would normally offer to erase his memory of her saying it, but she couldn't even if he wanted her to. She lost a lot of her good mood and pulled away from him, picking her salad back up.

Jason_: "But den Ai'd 'nly have serious an real tings to complain about. Ai tink Ai actually prefer it."

Monet: "Then don't wish I'd never said it." She picked at the salad a bit, "What do you want to do after we eat?"

Jason: "Ai cain't say as AI've planned dat far ahead. Find somethin ta wear ourselves out with so if da bed starts walking we still get a decent night's sleep?"

Monet: "We can wear ourselves out using the bed," she suggested idly as she cut her eyes to him.

Jason_: "Ai'm glad we're on da same page."

Monet: "Then let's finish and head back upstairs."

Jason_: "And necrophlia is a forbidden conversa'ion fer at least five minutes before anyting happens." Jason nodded, eating his dinner.

Monet: "I'd moved past that already. I'm not sure I'm in the mood anymore," she kept her tone flat but couldn't keep the slight grin off of her face.

Jason_: Jason caught that and was grinning too. "In dat case den don't mind me entertaining myself."

Monet: That made her grin more, "Of course not. What kind of girlfriend would I be if I didn't let you entertain yourself in front of me?"

Jason_: "Probably a normal one. Don't let dat happen."

Monet: Monet's grin broke into a full smile and she set her salad down and took his food from him, "You are so right, mon cher." She climbed onto his lap after setting his food on the coffee table, "We can't have that."