8/17 Instance: Coffee Buzz

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

8/17 Instance: Coffee Buzz

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Jules: Julie's hand shook as she raised the mug to her lips and sipped. "MMmmmm" She exclaimed loudly as she closed her eyes and let the brisk flavor wash over her.

Sophia: Sophia looked around the coffee shop, surprised they actually made it here unlike the last time Julie had decided she wanted to go out for coffee. She made her way to the table with her mug and took a seat, carefully sipping at the drink, "This is good."

Jules: Julie sucked down the last of her mug and put it out for a refill. "Thirteen!" She shouted. Turning to Sophia with a cracked smile, her cheeks twitching, she sighed happily. "I've had so many cups of coffee today, it's just crazy. I found out that I had never really had a lot of coffee before, never really explored it y'know? But then after I lost my powers, I just got so miserable and quiet and sloooowww!" She let her head drop to the table and rested there for a moment.

Jules: She shot her head back up and grinned again, twitching still. "Sooooo, then I started drinking coffee realizing that maybe if I try to speed myself up with stuff like coffee I could feel happier again, and it's working, it's so working! Can you tell? I think you can."

Sophia: She continued to sip at her own coffee and nodded, "I can definitely tell. You aren't falling asleep everywhere now."

Jules: "One shot, two shot, three shots four shots! All I hear is gunshots, this is where the fun stops! Bodies drop, hit the floor, musics off, party stops! Everybody hit the door somebody's lickin' shots off!" She sang as she swung her feet under her stool.

Jules: The barrista came by and refilled the mug, staring at Julie with utter disbelief at her lyrical rhyming.

Sophia: Sophia murmured a thank you to the barista, snickering slightly at her reaction after she'd started to walk away, "Plus, you're back to people thinking there's something wrong with you..."

Jules: "It's weird, I've been listening to so much Hip-Hop! And it's just rolling over and over in my head. Like I got these beats, and they just don't go away! Watch!" She yanked two spoons and began to tap a solid beat on the mugs and table. "My hat, my shoes, my coat, Louis Vuitton stitch, with Donatello Vasaci! That's Louis Vuitton bitch!"

Sophia: She listened and nodded, giving a smile, "Well, there's a music room at school. Maybe you could do something with it in there?"

Jules: "What?" She hissed, feeling her beat interrupted. "Uh... oh, yeah. I dunno. But wow, I have a great booty huh?" She looked at the reflection in the mirror that was the wall of the coffee bar at her very own butt (which was leaning to the right now in the stool) .

Sophia: "I wasn't really looking, so I wouldn't know," Sophia shrugged, taking another gulp of coffee.

Jules: "I feel like I've been doing better in school. I've been following every assignment down to the letter. So long as that letter isn't Q, of course. Or any other vowel." She hummed to herself as she sipped her 14th mug.

Sophia: "Right..." she chewed on her lip, brow furrowing, "Except... Q isn't a vowel..."

Jules: "I know that!" She snorted. "It's like when someone in class was talking about Philately, and I thought that was something to do with farting, and that just led to terrible in-class discussion."

Sophia: "Okay, that's good," Sophia let out a breath and laughed, "I can just imagine that discussion."

Jules: "It got messy, that's for sure." She took the sugar dispenser and turned it vertical over her coffee as it poured in. "Needs more sugar." She commented as it swirled into her liquid caffeine.

Sophia: She was of the opinion that sugar and Julie couldn't be a good thing, but she doubted there was any stopping the other girl, "Some sugar is okay."

Jules: "More sugar is better." She said, stirring it all in. She reached over the counter and nabbed the nutmet and topped it off. "Excuse me, ms? Could I get some whipped cream on this one too?" She offered the mug over to the barrista who shrugged and obliged the request. "Yay!" Jules sipped it slowly, gleefully.

Sophia: Sophia shook her head and finished off her mug. That had only been her second cup. She looked into the empty glass and sighed, "I don't think I'm going to be catching you as far as drinks go."

Jules: "Not my fault I pregamed!" She said cackling. She finished her mug and sighed with satisfaction. "I have had a good day of coffee. For 'rizzle. Like, I don't think I've enjoyed coffee this much since- PEE BREAK!" She shot up and jogged off to the girls room.

Sophia: She laughed, shaking her head again as she waited for Julie to come back.

Jules: Julie stumbled out of the bathroom some moments later, wiping her hands on her sleeves. "The airdryer doesn't really work here." She explained to Sophia as she sat down. "So, I was wondering.... how's it feel to be one of the last ones left on campus with y'know... abilities? You get any dirty looks?"

Sophia: "I don't know, and I wouldn't be surprised if I did," Sophia shrugged, "I mean, it's not like I expected it to happen and planned to be away. I can't help it."

Jules: "Yeah. I mean... don't get me wrong, I wish I had 'em back, but no hard feelings on your behalf. That's silly." She shrugged and contemplated another cup of coffee. "So what's your big plan for the semester, if this doesn't get resolved? I'm thinking of leaving, I mean, if I don't have my powers what's the point, right?"

Sophia: "I guess I'll be sticking around since I still have mine. I mean, I've just started figuring out all the stuff I can do with them," she answered and thought over what Julie had said, "It'd still be a free school?"

Jules: "Yeah, but I won't be getting much out of it anymore. I mean, I'd rather get a scholarship and go somewhere for something I'm interested in rather than... well... 'How To Be A Better Mutant' studies, y'know?"

Sophia: "I suppose you do have a point there," Sophia replied.

Jules: She let her portable mug get filled up one more time and then dropped two twenties on the table. "Okay, let's finish these on the way back, huh?"

Sophia: She got another drink for the way and paid for her others, pulling her coat on with a nod, "Yeah, definitely."

Jules: "Maybe catch a movie on the way back." Julie offered as she slurpled her coffee again.

Sophia: "That sounds cool," Sophia grinned.