8/18 Instance: Portfolio

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

8/18 Instance: Portfolio

Post by puppygirl »

Timeline - current

Lorna: Lorna clicked her pen closed and shut her lesson plan book before pulling out the file folder she had stashed underneath and ducked under her desk, rummaging for the camera she wanted from there.

Christopher: Chris walked into the door frame. "Uhmm Mrs Drake?" He tapped on the door frame. "You uhmm wanted to see me?"

Lorna: "Hey! Just as I was getting ready for you too, nice timing there!" She leaned up, snapping a picture as she did. "Surprise!...I actually didn't mean to do that but oh well." She motioned to the chair she had brought in for her office, a spare tribble chair from the boathouse. "Come on, have a seat."

Christopher: Chris cringed at the bright flash from the camera. "Ahh that was bright. Uhmm okay." He sat down on the fuzzy chair. "You love uhmm... interesting decor don't you?"

Lorna: "Everyone has to like tribbles. It's part of being human." Lorna was so very certain in her assessment. "Don't worry, I'm aware it's frigging hideous. Just love it." She grinned. "So, I think it's time you and I got to organizing a few things, hmm?"

Christopher: "Uhmm what do you mean?" He gave her a quizical stare. "You need some muscle to move things around in here?"

Lorna: "No no, organizing things for you. This time I'm not just using you a feng shuy guide, promise." She held her hand up to swear it.

Christopher: "Uhmm okay?" Chris was still confused. "Organizing what for me?" He scratched the back of his head.

Lorna: "Portfolio!" Lorna cried out happily, holding out what she had been digging for in her folders. "I mean, we'll do it as a class but, not to play favourites or anything, but I thought we'd concentrate on making yours pretty professional."

Christopher: "Uhmm, what's a portfolio?" Chris stared at her still confused.

Lorna: "Oh...sweetie I have failed you." Lorna shook her head at herself, clicking her tongue before straightening up and smiling. "Think about it as a resume for artists. You take samples of your work and then you put it together for jobs in this handy dandy thinger here." She used her best Vanna Hands to show off the portfolio in her hands.

Christopher: "Uhmm but the most things I've done are for other people." Chris rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Well and the stuff for class."

Lorna: "It's still showing what you can do. That's what they'll be interested in seeing so no problem at all there." She smiled. "That's what the camera is for too, so we can get pictures of some of your better pieces that we can't actually put in there."

Christopher: "Uhmm okay. Most of my stuff is just sitting in my closet in my room, unless I've given it to someone." Chris looked around the room. "Well unless you count my piece of modern art over there that I'm surprised you haven't gotten rid of." He pointed at the broken and bent up chair.

Lorna: Lorna just smirked. "I figure we can take a picture and call it an expression of rage against loitering." She shrugged. "Well, let's take a journey to what you want photographed then!" She hopped up, coming around to the other side of the desk.

Christopher: "Uhmm okay." Chris stood up and walked towards the door. "Ladies first." He motioned towards the door.

Lorna: "Chair first? Or should we not?" Lorna tapped her chin, considering it.

Christopher: "Well you're the proff. what do you think?" Chris pondered if anyone would even think it looked interesting.

Lorna: "You never know, it'll show you have range." Lorna shrugged, pulling the camera up and snapping a few pictures off of the chair.

Christopher: "Uhmm okay." Chris laughed a little. "Uhmm off to my room to get my stuff?"

Lorna: "Yes, onward!" Lorna held the camera aloft, stepping out into the hall.

Christopher: Chris lead the way to his room and opened it up when he got in. "Carefull it's a little messy I left in a hurry this morning got up late and almost missed a class."

Lorna: "Not a pro-wow, impressive." Lorna smiled at the mess

Christopher: "Hey I'm not the only one in here." Chris tidied up his side of the room as best he could. "Uhmm one sec I'll see if I can find them."

Lorna: "I'm just teasing, it's fine." She chuckled slightly, waiting and trying not to twirl the camera.

Christopher: Chris pulled out a couple of pieces, mostly of his fish and ocean scenes. "Uhmm I think the one of Tigra is around here somewhere."

Lorna: "That'll be a good one, they'll be impressed by how 'real' it looks too." She couldn't help but smirk.

Christopher: "Thanks." Chris found the one of Tigra and pulled it out. "Ah ha! I found it." He blew some dust off of it. " Yeah I got help from Pietro for those two." He pointed at two of them.

Lorna_: "yeah?" Lorna stepped closer, tilting her head at the works as she looked them over.

Christopher: "This one was an accident." He showed her the one of Tigra. "She kinda apeared when I was painting some trees and stuff like that."

Lorna: "Sometimes those turn out to be the best things." She smiled, nodding. "This'll be in the sample pile to take pictures of definitely."

Christopher: "Uhmm the rest are sketches here and there. Nothing major, I think Selene has one, uhmm Sophia does. I can't think of who esle does." Chris kept searching around his room making one of the fish in his tank go crazy trying to follow him.

Lorna: "Well, if you think any of them would be good for the portfolio as an exampel of what you can do they should be easy enough to borrow for a bit." Lorna nodded.

Christopher: "Well definately not the one I made for Selene, lets just forget I mentioned that one." Chris blushed a little.

Lorna: That made Lorna smirk. "Well, you know, if tastefully done it'd add a lot to the portfolio."

Christopher: "Oh woah wait it wasn't a nude. I think Darren would kill me if I did that." He walked over and fed his ever so needy fish.

Lorna: "What was it then? Which reminds me, I should totally schedule Bob the model for a class." She eyed Christopher. "...every generation should suffer Bob."

Christopher: "Uhmm what day was that I think I might contract something disgustingly evil that day...." Chris ignored her first question.

Lorna: "There will be no warning for Bob. Just a robe and then the inability to turn back time." Lorna gave an evil laugh.

Christopher: "Why does that make me want to audit your class now......" Chris shuddered.

Lorna: "Oh come on, I let people play with chainsaws!"

Christopher: Chris' eyes grew warily. "Uhmmm. Why does that sound like a horrible idea.... Especially in this school."

Lorna: "It worked out pretty well...though I wouldn't do it now with no powers." She shrugged, remembering the carving well.

Christopher: "Yeah... I don't think I'd risk that. I kinda rely on my healing factor when it comes to sharp deadly things." He rubbed his arms remembering Tigra clawing them up.

Lorna: "And mine is how I don't get stabbed as well." She grinned, though not as well as previously done.

Christopher: "I think I'd avoid chainsaws if I lost my powers. But then again as long as you're not stupid with them they're not that dangerous. I'm used to useing axes and hatchets more though."

Lorna: "Relly now? Maybe some time then, maybe sometime." She tapped her chin, considering what she could do there

Christopher: "Do I wanna know what you're thinking?" Chris closed up his fish tank. "Uhmm do you think I should do some more stuff to add to my portfolio?"

Lorna: "Hmm, no, no probably not." She shook her head, drawing herself back to the task at hand. "Yes, some newer pieces would probably be good too, keep building on it as you go really. It's one of those things you want to keep constant."

Christopher: "Ahh so just keep doing stuff like normal then. Or try some different things?" He yawned a little and stretched.

Lorna: "Both, experimentation should be a good thing but you wnt a solid base to give them ideas too." She nodded. "Apparently you're getting pretty tired though?"

Christopher: "Nah like I said just slept in a little and I think my body wanted to stay asleep." Chris laughed a little. "Okay got any suggestions?"

Lorna: "That all depends on what you want to paint. I don't want you wasting time trying something you don't want to do. That'll just be fodder for getting you work you aren't interested in either."

Christopher: Chris laughed a bit more. "True, true. Maybe I'll have to look into broadening my spectrum."

Lorna: "And whatever you like or think will be exceptionally good to show people will go right into your portable museum here." She passed the portfolio towards him.

Christopher: "Thanks Mrs. Drake. I'll uhmm try to keep adding to it. I'd perfer if uhmm bob? wasn't a part of it though." Chris looked at her nervously.

Lorna: "As I said, it's up to you. It's how you want to represent yourself, after all." She smiled, definitely intending to attempt to hide Bob pictures in there later on.

Christopher: "Well if that's what you needed me for I think I should get ready for my next class. And with my rep so far I think it'd be bad if someone caught you and me in my messy crazy room."

Lorna: Lorna's eyebrow arched high at that. "You have no need to worry, aside from some very misguided choices and surprise temper my reputation is fairly stainless."

Christopher: "I'm just sayin." Chris laughed a little more.

Lorna: "Makes me wonder what you're getting up to, Nurse Annie's not around to throw condoms at classes anymore...maybe I've found a new calling."

Christopher: "What......?" Chris stared at her confused.

Lorna: "I can be Captain Contraception!" She struck her most heroic pose.

Christopher: "Uhmm.... Sounds fun?" Chris was still staring at her in confusion.

Lorna: "Oh, it will be. Farewell citizen. I go to replenish my arsenal!"
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"