Winter 2012: Michael

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

Post by JackSkulls »

Julie: Julie laid out the deli meats on the kitchen table and the three types of cheeses. Then she inspected her various types of bread. She had wheat, white, rye... that was it. "Where's the flat breads?"

Michael: Micael stumbled into the kitchen accidentally. He had no idea where he was going or what he was even trying to do. God it's hard to find your way around when you can't tell where anything is. I hate being blind. He tried to feel around for some thing to hold onto or sit on.

Julie: Julie meeped at the random firm squeeze on her bum. "Whoa-there!"

Michael: "Oh uhmm sorry! I swear I didn't mean too." Michael backed up into a cabinet making it clatter loudly.

Julie: She snorted. "It's alright! I've heard my booty is irresistible." She laughed. "I'm making sandwiches, would you like some?" She froze at the realization this was a new face. "Whoa! You're a newb! Hai, newb!" She put her hand out for a shake.

Michael: "Uhmm yeah I'm new. And I don't think I'd be a very good judge of that." Michael tried to get his bearings of the room, while trying to find something to lean up against.

Julie: She let her hand drift back down to her side as her sense of sight told her the obvious. "Oh... uh... whoa." Dude's blind.

Julie: "Uhm... uh... here...." She pulled a stool out and patted it, loudly, for him to know where to sit. "Nice stool right here, bout two feet high."

Michael: Michael walked over and felt for the stool. When he found it he sat down and faced the direction that her voice was comming from. "Thanks. I'm Michael."

Julie: "Oh, well hey Michael!" She smiled, and then didn't, realizing that of course he can't see it.

Julie: "Michael, I'm making a sandwich, would you like one? I got turkey, roast beef, pastrami, and ham."

Michael: "No I'm fine." He rubbed the back of his head. "So... who are you?"

Julie: "I'm Julie! Jullie Power. I'm a student, obviously." She said, choosing rye bread and pulling out two slices. Then, with her hands flying across the bags of meat and bread and toppings, her sandwich was built in a matter of seconds, stacked and cut perfectly.

Michael: "So what can you uhmm do?" He felt around trying to figure out what was around him.

Julie: She slid the bowl of fruit towards him. "I'm fast." Putting the now finished sandwich to her mouth, she took a large bite.

Michael: He caught the bowl as it slid to them. Only noticing it by the sound it made and the flash of plant life from inside it. "Oh cool. It wouldn't be too good if I had that power. I'd be running into a lot of things. More than I already do. Especially when I forget my staff."

Julie: "You have a staff!?" She asked excitedly. Flashes of "Quest for Camelot" blared in her mind. "Like every tree! Stands on its own!"

Michael: "What?" Michael looked over in her direction. "Uhmm yeah I have a staff for helping me walk."

Julie: "Oh!.... Right... walking, whoops. Guess there's no rolling of the D-20 for you, huh?" She realized that the joke was not only hard for regular people to grasp, but now she was really reaching by talking to a blind person. "I'll shut up."

Michael: "You're fine. I'm just a little uhmm. On the slow path.
Been that way all my life. Being blind kinda sucks that way." He lifted up an apple and tried to play with it trying to will it to grow.

Julie: "What'cha doin' with the apple there? You got a good handle on it!"

Michael: "I can feel it and usually I can make plants grow. I've never tried it on an apple that's been off the tree for so long though." A leaf slowly grew out of the stem of the apple. "Ha it worked."

Julie: "Whoa! Whoa! Holy heck! Jeebus Christmas!" Julie covered her mouth to keep any swears from leaving it. "How?!'

Michael: "I don't know. I guess it's part of my mutation. I can sense plants and animals. Tell them what to do. make plants grow how I want. Stuff like that." He took a bite out of the now fresher apple. "Helps me always get a fresh ripe apple."

Julie: "Wow! That's... damn... You got the Heart Ring?!"

Michael: "What?" Michael set the apple down. "I uhmm don't have any ring... and the only heart I have is this one." He put his hand over his heart.

Julie: "Awww.... totally something he would say too..." Julie half expected a monkey to peek over his shoulder. "So, Michael, how'd you get here?"

Michael: "Uhmm I think the girl who picked me up was Lorna. Her and uhmm two other people picked me up. One of them felt like she was an animal. But I don't know it was weird." He took another bite of his apple.

Julie: "Yeah, weird happens a lot here." She smiled happily. "Actually, when weird isn't happening, it's just plane strange. Or critically crazy."

Michael: "Hmm Idunno if that's good or bad." Michael finished off the apple and set it down. "So uhmm..."

Jules: "Yes, this place gets dangerously fun. Also, Popeyes fried chicken is down the block, so if you ever want some, lemme know. I'm a quick grub-runner."

Michael: "I perfer to go with freshed cooked stuff. Well actually I'm used to catching my own food..." Michael shrugged a little. "I've had fast food here and there but not in a long time."

Jules: "Oh, well... with me? Everything's fast food." She snorted. I'm on a roll lately!

Michael: Michael laughed a little. "Yeah guess it would be." He picked the apple back up and preceded to work the seeds out of it.

Jules: "Jeez... so.... you talk to vegetables... sorta? What do you do with them? Like... are you sorta like Poison Ivy from DC's Batman comics? 'Cause that shit's cool!"

Michael: "Uhmm I wouldn't know, I've never read comics, the whole being blind makes that hard. But I can control what they do and how they grow. I can do other stuff too." Michael rubbed his hands slowly, he'd never revealed so much to anyone other than his family and close friends.

Jules: She realized once again, she wasn't registering the blind-factor. Well, at least I'm treating him like a normal person, right? "Wow... that's uh.... that's friggin' nuts."

Michael: "Yeah. I usually use it to help figure out where I'm going and what's around me. Like feel where grass and roots and stuff are." He stuffed the seeds in his pocket after he managed to get them out.

Jules: "So you're gonna love the Green House we got here then, eh?" She smirked and finished her sandwich.

Michael: "Well over there it'd be easier for me to get around and such. I think the school might love the effect I have on it." Michael shrugged a little and scratched a spot on his chin.

Jules: "Oh, I'm sure Professor X is going to go nuts for you. He's been jibbering about his garden never having enough time to grow in between each crisis this school goes through." She laughed again at the thought of him practically standing in joy.

Michael: "Well things grow surprisingly fast around me as you saw." He moved his hands into his pockets not knowing what to do with them.

Jules: "Well, I assure you, it's gonna be beneficial around this place." Julie picked the meats and bread up, placing them back to their original places in or above the fridge, and then spun back to look at Michael. "So... you want me to go show you the Green House?"

Michael: "Uhmm sure. I should probably get my staff and Jacket though, well assuming it's outside." Michael stood up slowly.

Jules: "Oh, it is. Alright! green house time!" She shot up and zipped outside. "Oh wait!" She zipped back in. "Sorta forgot, you're kind of blind. Gotta keep that in mind. Ha! I rhymed! Ha! I did it again.... grind?" She snorted and opened the door for him to the halls.

Jules: "Let's gogogo!"

Michael: Michael followed her voice trying not to get too close. He didn't wanna grab or grope her accidentally again. "So... What do you like to do around here?"

Jules: "Run!" She shouted. "I mean... I'm a speedster, right?" She cackled and reached for his hand. "Adventure time, come on!"

Michael: Michael let her lead him down the halls. "Uhmm well I'm not that into running. I like taking my time in life. I mean we only get one shot at it. Gotta make the most of it."
:maverick (weapon-x) :shaman (alpha Fight)
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Michael: Michael sat on a chair out on the patio, his staff close by incase he felt the need to walk off. "Ahh love that crips cold winter air. You guys be carefull out there." Five little heads popped up from different spots in the snow. "You know that excess fur I helped you grow won't keep you warm for too much longer."

Selene: Selene slipped through the kitchen door and into the rec room, a cup filled with steaming tea in hand, and proceeded towards one of the comfortable chairs near the windows. She was pleased to find the room empty and silent. As she was about to sit down, she caught a movement in the corner of her eyes.

Michael: Michael pulled his legs up to sit cross legged to keep himself a little more warm. He was wrapped up in a bearskin blanket he had made from a bear he had caught on one of his excursions deep into the woods. "If you get too cold come over here and warm back up."

Selene: After instinctively taking a step to the side, Selene poked her head around the corner and looked out of the window. What she thought to be another hobo trying to find shelter from the cold, turned out to be a poor stranger getting surrounding by a pack of squirrely things.

Selene: "Watch out, they're coming for you," Selene called out, trying not to spill her tea as she hurried out to through the patio door, a feather duster in her free hand. "Shoo!" She waved the duster about.

Michael: "Huh? What's going on?" The sugar gliders all bolted up and onto Michael hiding under his bearskin blanket. Michael grabbed his staff and attempted to get to his feet without losing the blanket or the sugar gliders.

Selene: "The squirrely things," Selene said, holding the feather duster in a fencing pose while she kept her tea save. "They're all over you!" Determined to earn some positive karma - it never hurt to have a little in reserve - she poked the stranger with the tip of the duster.

Michael: Michael sneezed a little in retort. "Sorry. You mean my sugar gliders? They're my pets." One of them poked it's head out from under the blanket and stared at her. "So uhmm who are you?"

Selene: "Sugar gliders," Selene asked, cocking her head. She slowly lowered the feather duster; the stranger didn't seem to be bothered by the little animals, at all. "I'm Selene. And who would you be? I don't know you."

Michael: "I'm Michael. And these are my pets." He held out his arm and all of the little sugar gliders scampered across to meet her. "They won't bite or anything I promise."

Selene: Selene leaned back and stared at the small furry animals with wide eyes. "Are you sure about that," she asked, reluctantly poking one of them with her finger. "They still look a lot like squirrels. Those tend to be very scheming, you know?"

Michael: "Oh not around me. I have a certain way with animals. They kinda just listen to whatever I say. And no they won't bite. They're very friendly." Michael let them all go run and play in the snow again except for one. "This is Cloud. Would you like to hold him?"

Selene: Selene frowned; a hobo who talked to animals - now this could get very interesting. "Well, I guess I could" she said a moment later, putting the duster and her cup down on the table. "So, what are you doing here?"

Michael: "I'm a new student. Lorna came and got me a little while ago. I guess all my little abilities and such have been mutant ones." Michael shrugged and sat down his staff. "Okay just don't squeeze him he doesn't like that." He held his hand with the sugar glider out to her.

Selene: "Oh, I see," Selene replied, looking the new guy up and down. "I had no idea you were a student, too." Taking a deep breath, she cupped her hands and held them out. The small fuzzy thing hopped over to her. "Eeep?"

Michael: "Hehe he says he likes you. And that you smell like metal." Michael laughed a little bit and rubbed his face a little trying to warm it up. "Yeah I'm new here."

Selene: "Well, at least I don't smell like... whatever it is these animals usually eat," Selene said, curiously watching the little thing sit in her hands. "Which would be sugar, I guess." She glanced up at Michael's face. "Aren't you cold out here?"

Michael: "Only a little. Bearskin blanket keeps me pretty warm. Plus I'm used to the cold. I used to live outside in a tent." He turned to walk over to her and slid on the snow faceplanting right into her breasts.

Selene: Selene was about to catch Michael when he tripped, but found herself still holding the sugar glider. All she managed to do was to instinctively raise her arms to get it out of the way in time. "Hello?" She looked down, a wary expression on her face, and blinked in confusion. "I'm not sure where you come from, but is that how you greet each other there?"

Michael: Michael caught himself on her and when he realised where his face was he back up hastily. "No, sorry I didn't mean to I slid on the snow and I kinda have a little trouble aiming. Where I go. When i can't see where I'm going."

Selene: Selene glanced at the nearby staff, then back at Michael's face, and processed what he had just said. "Oh, I see," she said, cocking her head. "And you obviously don't." Selene let the sugar glider hop from her hands back on his shoulders. "Well, would you have aimed at another part of me if you had been able to see me," she asked with a chuckle.

Michael: "Well if you would rather me do that I could." Michael laughed a little. "I just have a little trouble knowing where I am without animals and plants around. This whole concrete and wood floor thing is a bit wierd to me."

Selene: Selene arched an eyebrow, giving Michael a curious look. "You really can talk to animals then, can't you," she asked.

Michael: "Yeah and plants. Tell them what to do. Make them grow and move differently. I commune with nature. Well all but bugs and non living things."

Selene: "Intriguing. I used to do that a while ago," Selene replied with a nod. "Then the teacher woke me up and was angry because I slept during class." She put on a thoughtful expression for a moment. "A girl who can talk to bugs lives here, too. Maybe you two could act as ambassadors between ants and anteaters."

Michael: "Well I've never met an anteater but i've learned so far it's best not to try to get animals to change their diets. It usually doesn't turn out to well." Michael pet the sugar glider on his shoulder and then let him down on the ground.

Selene: "This makes sense," Selene said and picked up her cup of tea again, holding it to warm her hands. "And while you might feel all cozy in your bearskin blanket, I'm starting to feel rather chilly. Would you mind if we go inside?"

Michael: "No not at all." Michael sent a mental command to his sugar gliders that they were going inside. They all came without hesitation. "Ladies first." He grabbed his staff and walked over towards the door.

Selene: "Clever little buggers," Selene commented, glancing down at the fuzzy animals. She opened the door and held it for Michael. "Well, you may ask me anytime to give you a hand, should you need my assistance with anything."

Michael: "Uhmm okay. I'm usually pretty self sufficient but I can't do all the tricks I'm used to with these little guys they're a bit too hyper. Especially with all the new surroundings."

Selene: "I can't guarantee that you'll find me any less scatterbrained, however," Selene said, a smirk on her lips. She closed the door when the last of sugar gliders bolted inside. "Just so you know, I'll deny anything if they plunder the pantry."

Michael: "Hehe it's okay. They know if they want food I'll get it for them. Plus I can grow most anything they want." Michael sat down in one of the chairs he found in the rec room and removed his blanket reavealing his not buff but not too small self. "So..."

Selene: Selene arched her eyebrows when she sat down in another chair, crossing her legs. Hector certainly would have found that ability quite tempting. "Considering this is a college, I can think of only one thing its denizens might ask you to grow for them," she said, then sipped on her tea.

Michael: Michael didn't know what she was talking about but decided he didn't want to ask. "Uhmm well I'm really only used to growing fruit. I wonder if there's any mullberries around here. They're my favorite." He let the sugar gliders run all around the room catching the little bits of sensory information they would send him.

Selene: "I have little doubt the teachers will try to convince you to help out with gardening," Selene commented, resting her head on a propped up arm. "I'm not sure if you already noticed, but there's quite a bit of nature besieging the mansion. Oh, and I'm sure you'll find Professor Munroe's garden quite captivating."

Michael: "I wouldn't mind that. Yeah I've felt a few animal pressences in here and a few uhmm... weird ones. I can't really guage what they are." Michael shrugged a little. "I plan on investigating though."

Selene: Selene frowned in reaction to that statement. "Well, I'm not sure in which way mutants would pop up on her tree-dar, but perhaps some of us would account for those weird presences," she said. "In any case, we're pretty much responsible for most things weird going on here."

Michael: "I think it is other mutants i dunno though. I met a girl when lorna came to pick me up, she gave me kidna weird vibes." He caught a small quick glimpse of what Selene looked like from one of his sugar gliders.

Selene: "And I don't," Selene asked, a wry grin appearing on her face. "I'm almost disappointed, seeing how giving people weird vibes is one of my best talents." She gave one of the sugar gliders a sideways glance as it stared intently at her.

Michael: "Well so far you've been pretty nice. And then there is the whole your appearance can't throw me off thing cuz I can't see you." He smiled in her general direction hoping what he said was a little funny. "Plus who am I to judge before I got here I was doing little imaginary shows for children, and living in a tent."

Selene: "Don't worry, aiming for a weird impression is my full intention," Selene replied. "Though, I apparently forgot even what little manners I possess. Can I offer you something? A cup of tea, perhaps."

Michael: "Oh that would be great. I've yet to uhmm completely figure out where and what everything is." Michael pulled his legs up into the chair sitting cross legged again.

Selene: "This still happens to me from time to time," Selene said and got to her feet. "I hope neither you nor your fuzzy little friends will get lost while I'm in the kitchen." She emptied her own cup and took it along.

Michael: "Well I could follow you, but knowing how clumsy I am that could lead to some unwanted gropping." Michael laughed a little and started to roll up his bearskin blanket.

Selene: "Unwanted by whom, I wonder," Selene commented as she disappeared in the kitchen. Three minutes later, she returned, carrying two cup filled with steaming hot beverage. "Here you go," she said. "I'll put it down on the low table just in front of you. Will that be okay? Careful, though, it's still quite hot."

Michael: "Yeah that'll be fine. I should be able to manage to get it. And I'd assume unwanted by you, but I could be wrong." He carefully felt for where the tea was just so he'd know it was there.

Selene: "Well, at least you're honest," Selene said and gave a chuckle, sinking back into her chair. "So, have you met any of the other students already?"

Michael: "Uhmm only a few. The ones that picked me up a girl uhmm, I can't quite remember her name." He picked up his tea cautiously and took a sip of it.

Selene: "Oh well, you'll certainly meet the rest of them in time," Selene replied, blowing across the surface of her tea. "Even though the winter break just started, so not everyone will be around until the next semester starts. The upside is that you get to settle in before you'll have to concern yourself with any classes."

Michael: "Yeah, not lookin forward to those, being blind really makes class work suck. But yeah i'm settling in pretty easily. Just finding my way around this place is a little tough." He sipped at the tea some more and listened to his sugar gliders gibbering on about selene.

Selene: "At least you have your little squirrely friends along to help you out," Selene remarked, giving one of the fuzzy buggers a wary look. "I'd offer to draw you a map, but I doubt it would be of much use to you."

Michael: "Yeah the whole never seen a map thing going." Michael laughed a little. "Right now they're being more of a nuissance than a help I think I might cage them up until they can behave themselves for me."

Selene: "Perhaps you just need a more well behaved animal to be your guide," Selene mused. "Or simply a slower, more lazy one. Something like an old, overweight sloth, maybe."

Michael: "These guys do okay when they're not so hyper. Right now I can barely link with them. Usually i can use them to see but they're too worked up."

Selene: "I knew they kind of remind me of Julie," Selene said, chuckling briefly again. "Let's hope that unlike her, they eventually calm down somewhat after settling in."

Michael: "Oh that's the girl i met the other day. Kinda gave her a surprise gropping too." He rubbed the back of his neck slowly.

Selene: Selene cocked her head and smirked. "You do that often, don't you," she asked. "Is that how you greet all girls?"

Michael: "I guess. Hopefully I won't run into any guys by myself till these bums calm down. I'd rather keep my groping to just females."

Selene: "Or just try to keep your hands to yourself until your fuzzy eyes work properly again," Selene suggested, giving a light laugh. "And try to keep from tripping, too."

Michael: "Yeah that's the problem. I kinda see with my hands and then accidents happen." Michael scrunched up his face. "I swear it was an accident though. Well not that I didn't enjoy it either."

Selene: "Oh, I would feel offended if you hadn't," Selene replied. "And I don't think anyone would mind. Most of the people here should have enough common sense inside their heads to know that your handicap makes things a bit more tricky for you."

Michael: "Yeah Julie was okay with it even before she figured out I was blind I think. But, yeah I usually try to walk around with my Staff so I can use it to discern where things and people are."

Selene: "As long as you don't hit people over the head with it, you should do fine that way," Selene said, trying her new cup of tea.

Michael: "Yeah, I don't think people would like that too much. But I've had a few years to perfect using the staff to walk and such. I don't much like using those blindman's canes, they draw too much attention and they're light and weak. Can't use um when you're going on a hike."

Selene: "Yes, that makes sense," Selene remarked, cradling her cup between her hands. "If you don't mind the question, but I wonder if you've always been blind."

Michael: "Yeah, mom and dad said when I was a baby I could see but my vision slowly went away. But i can't remember far enough back to remember ever seeing anything. Made school pretty hard, but I never got picked on. Had a few good friends back at home that woulda beat up anyone that did."

Selene: "Oh, yes, that's always useful," Selene said, giving another brief laugh. "Though, perhaps you'll find a school for mutants easier to deal with. I believe a teacher who can show you things directly inside your mind should help quite a bit."

Michael: "That would be uhmm interesting..." Michael shuddered a little bit. "It'd be kinda like what I did with these guys. I tought them how to do a lot of things." He called cloud over and let him run up his arm. "This one likes playing games, specially the one he's named for."

Selene: "Really now?" Selene arched an eyebrow, watching the small animals bounce about. "And what games would that be?"

Michael: "Final Fantasy 7. When i learned how to use animals for my eyes it was the first game I ever played. This is cloud. That's vincent and Barrett. Aerith and Tifa are hiding somewhere."

Selene: "Now that's what I'd call delightfully nerdy," Selene commented, wearing a grin. "And quite touching, I have to admit."

Michael: "I think they're pretty good names too. Barrett over there likes playing Left for dead even though he's not too good since everytime the controller rumbles it freaks him out." Michael laughed a little.

Selene: "Oh, I'll definitely have to tell my boyfriend about that and see if he'd like to play something with your friends here," Selene said. "He's somewhat of a computer nerd, as well."

Michael: "Well I'm not a computer nerd. I'm more a nature outdoorsie type, but these guys don't like the cold so they like playing games. Well once I taught them how too."

Selene: "No wonder they ended up that hyper," Selene said with a chuckle. "Well, they're also many students here who like the outdoors, as well. I'm sure you'll always find someone to take along on a hike."

Michael: "Yeah I'm just waiting for it to warm up so the plants will come out again and I can see better. It's kinda blurry with all this snow. Well not see persay, but feel where everything is."

Selene: "Sounds like an intriguing experience." Selene nodded slowly and took another sip of her tea. "Well, while you wait for that, I can recommend Munroe's garden. It's indoors, and something in there always tends to be in bloom."

Michael: "I'll check it out sometime. I think julie wanted me to go there too. If not I could atleast make a lot of things grow in there. Maybe some good berries or fruits."

Selene: "I could take you for a short tour through the mansion later, if you haven't been given one yet," Selene offered. "Even someone like me would feel bad for leaving a blind man behind all by himself. Sugar gliders or not."

Michael: "That'd be nice. Sure your boyfriend wouldn't get jealous of you walking around a tan sexy native american though?" Michael laughed a little, of course he had almost no idea what he looked like.

Selene: "You should be fine if you can prevent any further accidental cleavage dives," Selene replied with a quick laugh.

Michael: "Yeah in here where I can get some traction I think I'll do fine. Maybe I should make myself a new pair of moccassins. These ones are getting a little worn." Michael pondered to himself. "Eh I could always go bare foot too. That'd be a little cold though." He laughed a little.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Green Ideas

Jules: Julie opened the door to the green house and stepped aside to let Michael in. "After you."

Michael: Michael walked into the greenhouse slowly using his staff to feel where things were. "Thanks..."

Jules: "The sprinkler system is really cool! It has spritz, rainstorm, mist, and rainforest setting! Wanna see?" She zipped over to the button, blowing past Michael.

Michael: "Uhmm it's a little cold outside to get wet." Michael moved closer to the door frame hoping to stay away from the sprinklers.

Jules: "Oh... okay." She shrugged. "So there's some venus fly traps in the back, I think someone here grows vegetables, and some jalapeños too... this guy Ben had a whole bunch of flowers and stuff. I don't grow marijuana here. Yet. I'm trying to find a way to hide it, and its obvious scent. I have yet to get my hands on a breed that doesn't smell like weed."

Jules: "However; I do know there is some out there, but no breeders or dealers seem to got it... none in this area at least."

Michael: "I wouldn't know, never ran across any of that." Michael walked past the plants slowly and felt the life force in them willing them to grow and move around a little.

Jules: "Hey... think if I brought some in... some seedlings that is, you could perhaps... uh... 'talk' to them?" She wanted to smile and bat her eyes, but she knew for sure now it was no use. "Uh... it would be really sweet of you. I can cut you some deal. 10% of sales if you convince them not to smell?"

Michael: "Uhmm I don't know if I can do that. I guess I could try. I've only ever tried making them grow or move." Michael moved closer to where her voice was comming from using the staff to feel where anything was.

Jules: "Neat-o! Well, feel free to reach around and make stuff grow flashier and fuller, or whatever. I know X has been moaning about some of his flowers failing him lately, especially the hanging pots."

Pietro: Pietro crunched across the snow covered lawn, careful to walk in snow that hadn't already been walked on to reduce the possibility of falling over. Sure, no one would probably see him fall over but snow was cold. He idly wondered if he could run fast enough to run on snow like he could on water or if it would just melt. Maybe he'd try it later. First he had to make it to the building and fetch his art supplies.

Jules: Julie looked through the tinted glass of the greenhouse and saw movement in the snow. Zipping to the counter, she peeked around the edge and smiled widely. She ran across the mounds of cold snow,

Jules: melting it beneath her feet. She stopped short, a bunch of white slush splashing past Pietro. She saluted him and shouted, "Wanna join us in the Green House?!"

Pietro: Pietro blinked, watching the snow fly past him. He turned back to Julie, "Huh? Green house? Uh... why? I'm not being pressganged into a party again, am I?"

Jules: "Come onnnnn! It's the holidays, don't be silly! I wanna see a friend and I got a new one in the Green House already, it's two stones with one bird!"

Michael: "What?" Michael walked up behind her and bumped into her accidentally feeling up her butt again. "Oh uhmm s-sorry."

Pietro: Pietro raised an eyebrow, "Er I think you may have got that... never mind..." he patted her gently, looking over to the new guy, "Oh a new student? Hi... I'm Pietro Maximoff."

Jules: "Oh, jeez!" Julie laughed and snorted. "It's alright! Honestly, at this point, you may as well make it your handshake for me." She nudged him and began to lead Pietro and Michael back. "We should try to make the flowers all bloom, throw Xavier way off next time he comes in!"

Michael: "Uhmm... I think that'd be a little awkward." Michael turned to Pietro. "Uhmm hi I'm Michael."

Pietro: Pietro again looked confused at Julie, before he quickly came to a conclusion that maybe she wasn't crazy and changed his mind about what to say next, "What do you do?" he asked Michael.

Michael: "Huh? I uhmm do a lot of things, breathe, eat... what do ya mean?" Michael tried to gauge where pietro was by his voice.

Pietro: "You're mutation," Pietro clarified, "I run and think stupidly fast," he added.

Oh I can do a couple of things, talk to plants and animals, make them do what i want, make plants grow. Uhmm some other stuff nothin big." Michael shrugged.

Jules: She tapped Pietro and whispered, "He's like Poison Ivy.... but a guy... and blind!"

Pietro: Pietro didn't know who Poison Ivy was but he'd noticed the other two already. He nodded, "Sounds... interesting..." he said.

Michael: "You know when you're blind and stuff you're hearing and other senses get better. So, I heard that." Michael walked over to a patch of plants that weren't doing too well and started to gently inspect them with his hands.

Michael: As he ran his hands across them he urged them back to life. The plants slowly grew in response.

Jules: Julies hands played "Wipe-Out" on Pietro's shoulder as her smile grew and an ear piercing 'eep' sound came from her.

Jules: "Isn't it so cooool!?!"

Pietro: Pietro nodded, he had to agree it kinda was though he did wince at the squeak of excitement so close to his ear, "Professor Munroe's gonna love you...."

Michael: "Well most of the problem is a lot of plants in here are too close to each other. They're strangling each other out. Maybe if we got them some more room that'd help this out a little." He attempted to motion across the green house.

Jules: "Well how would you spread them out?" Julie asked.

Michael: "They just need more room so their roots can grow better." He walked past a few plants and urged a small bush to grow slowly making little black berry clusters apear. "Mmm I love mullberries." He took a few off and ate them.

Jules: She looked at all the containers of plants and frowned. Oh! She looked over to where he was and realized, duh, he was talking about the stuff growing in the ground. "I was gonna say, I can't really picture the stuff int he containers getting too tangled."

Pietro: "All I know about plants is that they're good for food or looking nice... and I know which ones work best if you want to press them so I'm not sure I'm a good person to help with... that..." he gestured at the plants.

Michael: "Eh, It'll take some time but I could probably fix this place up pretty well." He took a few more berries and ate them.

Jules: "If you did? I am pretty sure X would be eternally grateful."

Michael: "It'd give me something to do too." He pulled off another berry and popped it in his mouth.

Pietro: "Well... you have fun doing that... I'll just get on with what I was doing..." Pietro backed towards the door, "Need to check supplies before I go shopping..."

Jules: Julie looked to Pietro, an eyebrow raised, completely perplexed. "H'okay? Well I'll see you around then Cap'n AntiSocial!" She waved and smiled, then turned to Micahel. "Is it true music helps them grow faster and fuller? And if so, should I play some LL Cool J? Or Billy Joel?"

Pietro: "Anti Social? No, I just don't like spending too much time around plants in an enclosed space... And you're welcome to join me shopping if you're still convinced I'm being anti social, I never said it was a closed trip." Though it would mean he'd have to go again another day to get her something.

Michael: "Uhmm I wouldn't know I don't really do much with music. I just talk to them and make them grow." Michael shrugged.

Jules: "You should try singing to them! Maybe some Bee Gee's! JIIIIVE TALKIN'!" She danced and shook her hips around as if she was hula hooping. "Hey Pietro, you can leave and go shopping, or you can stick around and boogey with the petunias!"

Pietro: Pietro raised an eyebrow, "Uh... you really think I'm the type to 'boogie'?" He shook his head, "You have fun, I'll be in my room for a while if you change your mind about joining me.... maybe you should ask the plants what they wanna listen to?" he suggested.

Michael: "Plants don't usually have much thought. And when they do it takes forever for them to get to the point." Michael picked some more berries and then walked over to a few plants and made them grow turning into beautiful flowers.

Jules: "Jeez Louise." Julie said, aghast once again at his ability. "You know like... you would win every County Fair in the North East, right?" Then it hit her. "Ohmygosh. We could turn such huge profit! We could win awards, use it as a front for traveling! And you can speed-grow my hemp! OHMIGOSH!"

Jules: "Would you!?" She looked to him pleadingly. Then she remembered he's blind. She got on her knees. "Oh please, oh please! I need money so bad, and I don't want that Mob Boss to kidnap me again!"

Pietro: Pietro sneezed then eyed Julie's grovelling, "Good God, Julie, if you need money that badly I could give you a legitimate job..." he rolled his eyes.

Michael: "Uhmm... I have no idea whats going on here..... I'm just gonna go tend to the plants a little." He edged away towards the more "in need" plants and started urging them to grow.

Jules: She sighed. "No, it's okay Pietro. I got a business plan. It's legit. Well... as legit as something this legit can get."

Pietro: Pietro frowned, "Well, okay.... but please be careful..." he sneezed again, "And that's my cue to get the hell out of here before I go blind..."

Michael: "If you want I can make them stop releasing pollen so you can stay and enjoy them?" Michael kept tending to a few flowers that were in dire needs and for some reason had a tree growing out of the same plot as them.

Jules: "Not for good I hope! The poor guys!" Julie suddenly had a vision of Adriana's bees and Michael's flowers having a pollen war. "Whoaaaa..... crazy scenario...."

Pietro: Pietro blinked at Julie for a moment then looked back at Michael, "No, it's alright, I should be going anyway. Christmas presents won't buy themselves."

Jules: "Oh! I like tye-dye!" She called out.

Michael: "Uhmm Bye..." Michael found his way back over to Julie and whispered to her. "Who was that again?"

Jules: "Oh, that's Pietro! He's a quickie like me!" She realized how that sounded and shrugged. "He's fast paced. Jeez, is there anyway to say that-HE'S A SPEEDSTER!" She got up to her feet and nodded repeatedly. "Very fast. Probably faster than me... until I trip him." She cackled.

Michael: "That wouldn't be nice. So uhmm... what do you wanna do now?" Michael ran his hand through some different herbs that would smell amazing if let to dry.

Jules: "I say we flee to the inside of the house and re-ripen all the old fruit that no one eats so I can get my proper amount of sugar fo the day!"

Michael: "Uhmm okay? I'll need to go feed my Sugar gliders soon though." He walked over to where his staff was and grabbed it. "Shall we?" He motioned outside.

Jules: She felt an urge to sceam. She went with it. "SUGAR GLIDERS!? Ohmiflippingosh!" She leapt to her feet, zoomed tot he door, and swung it wide open. "Let's go find those darling little babies!"

Michael: "Uhmm.... I don't think you need any sugar... maybe some ritalin?" Michael cautiously walked past her.

Jules: "Sugaaaaaarr!" Julie shouted as she zipped across the lawn, her rainbow streak highlighting the snow pretty colors behind her as it reflected off the glassy white.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

The Grower
Jules: "So remember, we need him to be okay with it. We can't bribe him, we can't force him into it. If he has any reason to doubt us, our morales, or anything else, he could screw the whole thing over. He's a key element, if we can't buy him today? We'll never get him. For reezy."

Jason: "...did you just say 'for reezy'?" Jason's eyebrow crooked. "You know, for someone who deals in weed you are awfully tense."

Jules: "It's business Jason, you gotta be for cereals." She shot him a look of 'put-your-game-face-on' and opened the door to the Green House. "Heyyyy! Michael, you in here?" She asked.

Jason: "...Oh my God what on earth have I allied myself with?" Jason followed on in.

Michael: Michael's head popped up from a makeshift hammock he'd hung up in the corner of the greenhouse. "Huh?"

Jules: "Hey buddy! How's the Green Hou-" She stopped and dropped her jaw at the bright colors. "Wow... damn. You took my suggestion seriously then huh?" Xavier was going to shit a brick when he saw this. "It's like a damn jungle!"

Jason: "...Impressive." Jason observed, looking around at what Michael had created out here.

Michael: He carefully got up out of the hammock and searched for his staff. "Uhmm I just made a few of them grow and then the rest of them all joined in."

Jules: "Of course they would, why wouldn't they! You got a talent not just some ability. Sure, I run, but what you can do? It's art. Legit." She sucked her lip in as she looked at the tree at the end of the green house in the 'tropic' area. "Is that... that's a banana tree? Wow."

Jason: "A banana tree in New York? I would have to agree with Julie here, that's quite the achievement."

Michael: "Yeah I don't know who planted it but it was almost dead when I started to help it out." Michael rubbed the bark of the tree. "I'm more proud of my berry collection over there. They taste amazing."

Jules: "You know, you probably could use some money to get this green house expanded." Julie hinted at.

Jason: Jason looked to the berries in question. "May I?"

Michael: "Feel free. They're not mine to say no. I dunno I think it's pretty cozy in here. And the plants will thrive as long as I'm here." He pressed his hand to the berry bush that Jason was near and made it produce more berries.

Jules: "Well I'm just saying, you can always make it bigger. Or do other stuff y'know? Extra money is great. By the way, wanna earn some extra money?"

Jason: "Subtle." Jason popped a berry into his mouth.

Michael: "Huh?" Michael pulled off a berry and popped it in his mouth. "I uhmm don't really need money."

Michael: "Do I?"

Jules: "You always need money! What if something happened to Xavier's? Or you needed cash for insurance or something? If anything happened, any kind of financial emergency, you're gonna want hard cash, none of that credit stuff."

Michael: "Well I can take care of myself. And my parents are both doctors so... I don't have to worry about them. So I can't really think why I'd need any cash."

Jason: "Do you want nothing then?"

Michael: "Well I kinda want a drink but I can go inside and get that." Michael ate another berry.

Jules: "Michael... what I want to proposition to you is enough money to make this area living quarters if you wanted it to be. You wouldn't have to rely on your parents' money. You could be your own person. And you'd have tax-free income, total financial independence."

Michael: "I don't rely on my parents money I don't rely on anyone's money. I make plants and live off the land Julie. I'm
kinda confused on what you want."

Jason: "She's making a business proposition, are you interested in working with her kind of thing. Consider it money for things outside of yourself, something you can use to kick back to other things...like animals, you have those crazy things with the flaps and the eyes, yeah? Sugar-gliders?"

Jules: "H'omiGawd I love those little darlings!" She quickly lost any sense of business and went all out 'high-school girl' and squee'd at the thought of them.

Michael: "Uhmm are you okay Julie...?" Michael pondered what he could do with some money.

Jason: "She's fine...distracted, but fine. So,is the proposition something to be talked about farther or are we wasting time here?"

Michael: "I don't even know what you guys want me to do. I mean what am I gettin out of this. Money's not really a big draw for me. I don't really need it for anything. I mean clothes I just go find an animal kill it skin it, i've got clothes. Food, same. My gliders eat fruit and stuff I can grow. Money kinda loses it's flare when you're blind. And have special
powers...."

Jules: "Well, firstly, honey, if you're killing animals for clothes, that's great and all, but with some money you might be able to take a girl out on a date. Somewhere besides Grizzly Adams' lean-to, y'know?"

Jules: "Secondly, this would be an incredible experiment for you. I have dozens, in fact dozens of dozens, of breeds of marijuana that I need to have grown. Specific flavors that need special care and crazy sensetive environments."

Jules: "I can't provide that for them. But I need to provide them for the customers, and once I have customers, I have money, when I have money, you have money and then you can take girls like me out on dates." She would've shot a wink, but instead she just said "Y'see?"

Jason: "...I didn't realize this venture doubled as 'get Julie laid'...I might need a raise...and what she said plus with the move up here it can't be all that practical to go out hunting. It's pretty suburban around here plus I imagine the ferals give you some competition for things as well."

Michael: "There isn't much competition when you can will animals to come to you." Michael shrugged a little. "So wait when did sex play into this? This is startin to sound like one of those bad after school specials, drugs, sex, all we need now is guns and peer pressure."

Jason: "Nah, I do fake guns and they pressure themselves."

Jules: "Was totally just about to say that." Jules agreed with Jason. "And I said sex? I said a date. But if that's what you need to hop on board, then you'll see how badly we need your specialities. You're skilled, Michael. You, and only you, can do this job in the climate we live in. If it was Hawaii, I'd just ask Jack Johnson. But we're in New York and you're it."

Jason: "Though, you know, we're going to also have to hunt out a location for this too."

Michael: "Uhmm I guess I could help out. But yeah I don't know where we could grow them. There's not enough room in here. Plus I'm sure the Prof's wouldn't like that too much. I don't think I could get them to grow out in the cold and snow even with my power so that's kinda out."

Jules: Julie nearly leapt into the air in joy. She restrained herself however and just looked to Michael with a wide grin and said. "Thank you! Don't worry we'll work out the logistics and hard-ware. You'll get everything you need, just bring you and the green thumb!" She looked to Jason. "I'm thinking we start scoping out shipping containers maybe?"

Jason: Jason's lips quirked up. "I know where there's shipping and cargo holds to a certain pharmacuticals company who never quite got what they deserved in my opinion. Getting access will be easy."

Jules: "For rizzles?!" She clapped her hands excitedly. "It's so gangsta!"

Jules: "Let's get started! Thanks Michael!" She zipped out the door and ran into the house.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS