12/11 Instance: Ideology

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

12/11 Instance: Ideology

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

Jason: Homework pushed to the side of the library table for the moment, Jason was letting himself indulge in one of his increasingly usual habits of watching mutant-rights related news clips, rather disgusted at the uneven coverage but not expecting anything less, well, more, from people.

Jason: Graydon Creed was currently halfway through the conclusion of his speech and Jason couldn't shake the feel of him and his people vying for more than gaining media popularity. There were far too many political members in those seats that the camera kept panning to than he would like.

Cassandra: Cassandra sauntered into the library and noticed Jason watching something. Since she had come to the school, Jason was always an intriguing person to her and as she walked over to him she decided to introduce her self formally.

Cassandra: "Hello, it's Jason correct?"

Jason: Jason hit pause with Creed in mid-word, mouth oddly like a fish. He looked up, surprised at someone else actually being in what was usually his alone space yet again. This school was getting crowded. "Yes, hello Professor Nova, I'm sorry, I didn't hear anyone come in. I was busy absorbing trash here."

Cassandra: Cassandra put on a sly smile. "It's quite alright Jason. You should always know what your enemy is up to at all times. At least that is my philosophy. May I sit down?" Cassandra said motioning to a chair.

Jason: "I believe we might share a similar philosophy. By all means," Jason pushed the chair out for her, clearing his books away to give her space at the table as well. "It is a welcome event, finding another who recognizes the same enemy."

Cassandra: "It really is lovely to find a person who shares a similar ideology. Though I think I knew that about you from our very short first impressions."

Jason: Jason turned more towards her now, giving her more of his attention. "May I hear more about your ideology then? Does it only extend to people like this?" He gestured to Creed.

Cassandra: "Well, my ideology on such things doesn't stop at just that moron. It usually extend to anyone who gets in my way to be honest with you." Cassandra said with a sly smile.

Jason: "Is there anyone who regularly gets in your way? Well, other than Xavier?" Jason's expression matched hers.

Cassandra: "Not usually... they are taken care of in a timely manner if I need them to be."

Jason: "So then I take it your time here is likely to be short and triumphant?" Jason sat sideways in his chair now, Cassandra earning his undivided attention.

Cassandra: "Well that was the plan, but other matters have derailed my in your own words short and triumphant plan. Though it is being sorted out right now and hopefully something will come of it."

Jason: "May I ask what that is?" Curiosity was, and would always remain, Jason's natural addiction.

Cassandra: "Well I honestly think we mutants don't get enough credit where credit is due. After all, don't we deserve just as much as these pathetic anti mutant freaks, if not more?"

Jason: "Professor Nova, I believe you have officially moved up into my good graces as, I would assume, you're not about to spout off about peace and understanding, are you?"

Cassandra: "Peace and understanding... really? I think it has to be on both sides of the spectrum for that to happen. And since the human side seems that it's not budging, tell me, why should we?"

Jason: "If one never creates any offense one finds themselves backed into a corner, as it were. That's what will eventually happen with the stance of this school."

Cassandra: "I completely agree with you. My brother teaches tolerance, which I somewhat agree with. But honestly, all this taking the high road gets tiring doesn't it?"

Jason: "Turning the other cheek only gets that one slapped as well." Jason agreed, taken a bit by surprise. "And once in a while you'll get most of the people here on track with that but for the most part they just don't grasp that we are not human."

Cassandra: "We are most certainly not. I'm not exactly taking the stance we are better than they are, but I know we are better than that trash." Cassandra said pointing to the open mouthed Creed. "As for the students I'm glad to know not all of them are peaceful morons."

Jason: "I don't think anyone can argue against us being more highly evolved." Jason had always waved towards superiority as a rule...but it would cut into his time so severely. "Oh, don't assume I talk about everyone. People also more or less eat up whatever Xavier feeds them."

Cassandra: "I figured as much. From what I've gathered my brother has a talent for making people have blind faith in him. It's a shame he is leading them down a paht that isn't going to help them in the long run."

Jason: "He can be...suspicious?" Of course, Jason thought Cassandra was suspicious as well but at least they had a basic understanding going. "I just don't' quite

Cassandra: "I completely understand you. Now I'm going to level with you Jason since I can tell you aren't one to beat around the bush unless it suits you. I propose a sort of alliance between ourselves. We both feel the same way about how things are run here and honestly I need someone to help me with the students. It's rather tiring trying to persuade the students when Xavier has such a tight leash on them."

Cassandra: "So, what do you say Jason? Help out the one person in this school who understands you and your motives? Or stay loyal to Xavier and be led into an way of thinking that will make the humans retaliate even worse than they are now."

Jason: "I'll warn you. me and my ideas are generally unpopular and on occasion can earn me a mauling...we can work together though. Sometimes opportunities arise, however." He smiled, offering his hand. "I'll watch for opportunities."

Cassandra: "I'm glad to hear it Jason. Welcome to a more profitable and might I say practical opportunity." Cassandra said as she stood up. "I look forward to this agreement working out." She said as she walked away.

[Edited on 11/12/10 by Ferguson]