3/3 Instance: Suddenly, Pants

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

3/3 Instance: Suddenly, Pants

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Pietro: Pietro looked around the store then glanced at Penny and Illyana, "Pick out whatever you want... and lots of it just in case." He told the red girl with a smile.

Illyana: Illyana kissed his cheek and plopped a big floppy hat on her head. "'ow does it look?!"

Penny: Penance cautiously peeked around the corner and inspected the interior of the store, perching by the entrance. It looked cramped and confusing, but also filled with intriguing trinkets and hiding place to explore. Best of all, it seemed almost deserted.

Pietro: Pietro turned to Penny, "Come on, don't worry about anything. If you accidentally tear something, I can pay for it." He gave her a reassuring smile and held out his hand to her, glancing at Illyana, "It's lovely... but if you buy hats you'll have to share them with Sophie."

Penny: A faint smile showed on Penny's face, and she dared to head further into the store, still careful when navigating the chaotic heaps of clothing. Glancing from side to side with wide eyes, she wondered where to start.

Illyana: "Penny Penney! Try on 'ats with me." Illyana smiled at the pokey girl and offered her a funny hat.

Penny: After giving Illyana a curious looks, Penance reached out and carefully took the hat from the other girl. She slowly turned it in her hands, inspecting on from all sides, before trying to place it on top of her head. it sat there for a few moments, before her flattened hair stood back up and skewered it.

Illyana: Illyana studied it for a moment... then grinned. "I like it!"

Pietro: Pietro managed to smile, "Yeah... great..." fortunately he had far too much money or this would be a daunting trip.

Penny: The saddened expression on the red girl's face only lasted for a second, replaced by a grin when that impaled headdress was met with much approval. Even though Pietro was with them, she decided to scribble something on her little black chalkboard, so Illyana could read it, too. "At least I don't have to worry about losing it."

Pietro: Pietro laughed, "Yeah good point," he smiled, "I'm going to go and find a member of staff to explain to them not to worry."

Illyana: Illyana shooed Pietro away. She took Penny's hand with a grin. "You look fantastic! AND you won't lose it!"

Penny: Penny smiled up at Illyana and held the other girl's hand very lightly, wary about leaving any unwanted scratches. Looking down herself, she studied the remains of what clothes Max had lent her. Fortunately, his own quills already had taken their toll on them, so the loss wasn't too great.

Illyana: Illyana pulled Penny along to look at soemthing else.

Pietro: Pietro managed to find a member of staff to warn about the damage and assure them that he could afford to pay for all of it. Once that was done, he made his way back towards the girls.

Penny: Penance struggled to write anything on her chalkboard with only one free hand while getting dragged at the some time. "I could just use some duct tape."

Illyana: Illyana read it and smiled at Penny. "Don't be silly!"

Pietro: Pietro glanced over his shoulder - they were being watched by staff now, he signed to Penny. "Try not to damage furniture - I can pay for it but they might be more annoyed about that than if you just destroy clothes."

Penny: Penance caught Pietro's secret message and promptly signed back to him. "Don't worry - I'm good at hiding and running." That should put him at ease, after all.

Pietro: He shook his head, "You don't need to hide or run," he told her, "Not with me here... I'd just prefer it if we didn't get glared at next time we were in here." He gave her a smile.

Penny: Cocking her head, she pondered his words before signaling her understanding with a firm nod.

Illyana: Illyana totally missed the conversation happening. She was trying to figure out which outfit to put on Penny.

Penny: Turning her head left and right, Penance marvelled at the many clothes stacked on top of each other and stored on countless racks. They seemed to have things of all imaginable shapes and sizes. Then she stopped and investigated a few of them closer. "These here already come with holes in them," she wrote for the other two.

Pietro: "Yeah, that's convenient." Pietro grinned.

Penny: Using only the knuckles of her fingers for their somewhat reduced sharpness - compared to her claws, anyway - Penny began to shuffle through a pile of shirts in various states of decay.

Illyana: Illyana hummed a bit as she searched. "Oooo what about this!?" She held up a shirt for Penny.

Pietro: Pietro decided to let the girls get on with it, he was just there as a walking wallet anyway. Even if they asked his oppinion they probably didn't really want it.

Penny: Looking up at the other girl, Penny tilted her head sideways and eyed the shirt. A moment later a smile appeared on her lips and she nodded. Anything that looked sturdy enough to last her longer than a day and could be easily repaired by applying plenty of wire or tape was perfect in her book.

Illyana: Illyana smiled and handed it to Pietro to hold so she could keep looking.

Pietro: Oh yes. He was also there to carry things. Now he remembered why he usually let Emma deal with these things. He accepted the item though with a smile, they were here for Penny afterall.

Penny: As Penny worked her way through the pile of clothes, she tossed the interesting ones in Pietro or Illyana's direction. Inevitably, some of the flying apparel ended up stuck to the back of her head, which was one way to carry things.

Pietro: Pietro plucked the items carefully from the prongs on Penny's head to add them to the pile in his arms thinking he maybe should get a basket or something.

Illyana: "Shoes!" Illyana kind of pounced them.

Penny: Penance cocked her head and watched Illyana bound off to attack a stack of shoes. Picking up her little black board, she wrote a message for the other two and held it up, in case one of them would look her way. "I don't like shoes." Glancing down, she wiggled the toes sporting sharp claws.

Pietro: Pietro got the distinct impression that they weren't just shopping for Penny anymore...

Illyana: Illyana was hopeful of something that would work for Penny.

Penny: Watching Pietro balance a pile of shirts, Penny decided that they probably had enough to last her for a while. "Will I need pants?" She held up her sign. Getting in and out of them without shredding the things completely was a definite challenge - perhaps she should have looked for longer shirts instead.

Pietro: "Uh... preferably... or maybe skirts?" He suggested.

Penny: "It's easy to get tangled up in them," Penance wrote in response. Then, glancing past Pietro, she spotted something promising in the back of the store. She pointed towards the assorted leatherware.

Pietro: Pietro turned to follow the direction of the point, "That looks like a plan."

Penny: Penny dumped the shirts she had gathered so far in Pietro's arms, then bolted off towards the other edge of the store, barely dodging a very surprised looking clerk.

Illyana: Illyana slid her arm through Pietro's when Penny headed off. "I didn't find anything that would work for 'er in the shoes."

Pietro: Pietro decided to get a cart to put all the things in before he was either crushed under the weight of stuff or lost his ability to see where he was going.

Penny: Scrambling to a halt, Penance peeked over the edge of even more shelves, stacked with much sturdier looking clothes. Most of it looked like used biker wear and on average five sizes too large for the skinny red girl. She frowned as she held up huge jacket, before writing something on her board. "I could use this one as a blanket..."

Pietro: "Yeah you could..." he looked around at the stuff, "Hmmm this is all huge... maybe we can get it resized for you?"

Penny: Cocking her head, Penance thought about Pietro's suggestion for a moment. Wouldn't that be way too much effort for these old rags, she mused. Then she lifted her hand and swiftly sliced off both sleeves. With a triumphant smile on her face, she turned back to the other two and held up her sign. "Now I have pants, too."

Pietro: Pietro managed not to face-palm. "Great..." he smiled at her, "Good job."

Illyana: Illyana grinned at Penny. "Yay!"

Penny: Penny looked at the single parts of the disassembled jacket, lifting one of the cut sleeves to peek through it. "Maybe it would be a good idea if I learned how to sew..." she scribbled on her little board, holding it for Pietro and Illyana. That would salvaging old clothing a lot easier, she presumed.

Pietro: "I'm sure there'd be plenty of people willing to help you with that," Pietro gave her another smile, "Pick some more things you like and we'll go pay." Then figure out how to get it all home.

Penny: Smiling back at her friends, Penny eagerly nodded and promptly disappeared below the nearest shelf, crawling underneath to get to the other side. A lot more shinies promised to lie hidden in those edges of the store.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen